Fuck all the other threads

Discuss
>tips
>mods
>track days
>not racing Hondas at a 40 roll
>fuck cumeros
>how to turn

Currently trying to get some 305s(nitto 555r) for the back in prep for a edelbrock SC, fucking hyped. what are you working on user?

>thread theme
youtube.com/watch?v=6GBw2897sOM

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pA7BASFqXIw
youtube.com/watch?v=iAM9LFhbMZM
youtube.com/watch?v=AQYdWx1DALc
youtube.com/watch?v=9c_Bs6LIBfo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Fucking fuck yeah, I might be picking up a Mach 1 tomorrow. Anyone own one?

Hi

this is the first time i have owned one, always fell for the memes but picked up about 10 days ago and best decision i have ever made. Sold my Evo 8 for it and only paid 6500. shits fucking cash.

I own a 2010 GT and a 1988 LX. The LX is a project that I'm working on. Just got it hauled to my buddy's shop this passed weekend. I should be done with it by the end of the year.

My baby.

What's your guy's body count when you leave car shows?

Hey Veeky Forums im looking to get a slightly used 2013-2014 GT.
Dealer is asking $29k for this specific one, with 17k miles.
It seems a bit high but that color with those wheels makes my dick hard like diamonds.
What would be the most you would pay for this?
Also, anything to look out for in a slightly used s197?

How much you paying? I'm in the DFW area and they seem to go for at least 14k for a decent one.

Should I even post here? You guys might leave the thread and crash into a crowd of posters on the way out.

>average fagcar driver
youtube.com/watch?v=pA7BASFqXIw

Mach 1 owner here. Ask away if you'd like.

dont pay over 20k, try to get a better deal or even wait a bit. I just wish i had a fucking 5.0, shits so sexy but i like the sound of the 3v too.

How long have you had it? What do you like and dislike?

I'm setting up for like 10k with 70k miles.

I'm thinking about buying a 13/14 GT as my first car (DD a Taco now) and my first manual in the next year or two. Can anyone TL;DR me on ownership? Things that have broken, cost and ease of maintenance, recommended first mods, etc.

the 5.0s are rockstedy. just make sure the clutch is not fucked and the owner(s) did not fucking crash it into shit.

>calls Camaro drivers fagcar drivers
>drives a mustang

Pot/Kettle

So, what's your body count?

just ur mum

>Drives a Mustang
>Has the maturity of a 12 year old

Why am I not surprised?

>Drives a Fagcar
>Father is a cuck
>thinks GM is good
>will also turn out to be a cuck because he thought his fagcar would get him bussi

why am i not surprised?

>tfw rekting cammed 302's with my sc'd fwd faggot ricer box
>tfw assmad mustang owners

Owned it for just over a year now. I've been very happy with the car, mostly I like the styling of it, I like the engine, I like the sound of the exhaust. Only thing I kinda dislike is that it is a bit of a difficult car to drive, the cable clutch is a bit heavy compared to other cars, the transmission is notchy to shift and takes some learning to shift quick, things you will get used to if you buy one. Many people criticize the interiors of all Mustangs from this time period, it doesn't personally bother me. Nothing is fancy and there's plenty of hard plastic, but the seats are comfy and it has a clean appearance IMO.

They are fun cars when stock and respond well to basic bolt on upgrades, I have a hard time not recommending one if it's in your budget.

post cars fags.

>thinks I drive GM

lol why do I have to associate with retards by having a Ford

kek, I don't have anything to prove to anyone.

unlike mustang owners.

keked

I bet you dont own a car or have to roll at a 80

Fantastic, man. I'll definitely report of i pick one up tomorrow.

66 reporting
slowly losing all my gauges, fucking electrical shit

Wow. How do you advance in life if you truly have nothing to prove? Don't you have to prove your worth to an employer in order to move up the ladder and become wealthy?

>uses smug animaymay faces to hide the fact a Focus driver is cucking him

Ask your boyfriend what my dick tastes like. :^)

Dad bought a Mach 1 with 57k miles for 7500
Did he do good? Younger brother in high school gets to drive it.

>crash it into shit
That's not a very nice thing to call people user.

Cool, good luck user.

Tire pressure sensors go our easily.

Also there is a recall on airbags.

you will never know the joy of my mans hands

>imblyin

I assume we're talking about an 03/04 Mach 1? If so 7,500 is quite a good price if it's problem free.

Yeah that one. I ran the vin in the vin thread and there were no problems with the title or anything. It was in 3 accidents but the car is fine.

Well 3 accidents is a bit concerning but if there's no damage to the unibody and it's been properly repaired, that's still a good deal for a really fun car. I wouldn't personally trust a high school kid to drive one but I guess that's up to your dad's discretion.

Is this a Foxbody motor you're working on? That throttle body looks like whats on my GM TPI 5L...

Don't pay that, I paid (am paying) 29k for a new 2014 GT. The paint is cool, but you can always add the stripes and wheels later on if you were to go for a more vanilla, (mint?) green GT.

>First mods
Assuming you don't ride motorcycles, try to learn 'manual' on a small cc bike. Its easier to get the idea of things like 'feel' and 'feathering' with your hands, than with feet plus shoes. Otherwise you will have shamful dispray. Especially since you DD an SUV. Please do not fuck up a good car with ignorance.

I don't have experience with electronics that old, but you should be able to remedy those things, the slip on clip connections erode over time, the insulation on the wires dries out and cracks, things happen. You should be able to troubleshoot with a multimeter and a small bit of effort. Even with that, bulbs man.

I hope your bro is...a bro, user.

yea, it shouldn't be too hard, I just haven't taken the time to troubleshoot yet
mainly i just hate electrical work

I paid 34 for mine. 10k miles certified preowned so it has the free extended warranty. It's a GT premium with the performance pack. You get the heated seats cooled seats backup camera and a whole lot more for not much more. If it's not a boss 302 you shouldn't pay more then 25k for a 11-14 gt

MUSTANGS ARE FOR FAGGOTS WITH SMALL PENISES. HAVE FUN WITH YOUR SHITTY AUTOMATIC V6.

I've seen threads on Mustang6G that appear to point to the voodoo being an NA monster, capable of over 511rwhp with just a tune and exhaust changes.
Someone also put down 819.87rwhp and 605.40lbs/ft with a Whipple, but I honestly question its reliability, what with the extremely high compression ratio the voodoo already has.

Sounds great though.

youtube.com/watch?v=iAM9LFhbMZM

I'll probably just go for a tune if I can find someone in the PACNW that knows what they're doing.

youtube.com/watch?v=AQYdWx1DALc

I hope you do good at community college finals this week. I bet intro to algebra was hard this semester!

>want a new edge 4th gen rustang
>dont want to deal with that faggy 2 valve modular
>know the jelly bean 4th gen came with the windsor v8

anyone knows if i can just drop the windsor in a new edge seeing that the jelly bean came with the windsor? or should i ust get a swap kit for the new edge

just put a coyote or 3v in it, the 3v is everywhere and aftermarket is good.

my autism gets so triggered when i think of a 3 valve head for a reason, plus i really want a stroker 351w

i know you can get 500hp out of one of those, and thats just n/a

HNNNNNNNNNGH that body style is motherfucking god tier I swear to god.

also
>coyote
they are fukken nice, but i want a carb and a distribuitor, i have no idea how to deal with ECUs and shit

Not that I'm looking to buy any time soon, but I just can't decide what wheels to go with in the future. For some reason it was optioned from the factory with the 19" wheels from the V6 model's 'track pack'. No idea if they were part of some package for the GT as well or if whoever bought it just like these wheels. Regardless, I'd like to get a set of 20" staggered wheels. I feel like the silver wheels would be more traditional, but charcoal wheels would be more badass.

Swap is definitely possible, I've seen a sew edge V6 with a 351 swapped into it.

If you just dislike the 2v motor there is always the option of getting a 4v car, but it sounds like you want an old school Windsor in a new edge, follow your dreams and do a swap, user.

Obviously there is going to be a lot of bias responses in a thread dedicated to Mustangs.

But I am genuinely interested. There have been quite a few videos of mustangs losing control and and causing a lot of damage. My question is, is this just a meme or is there a legitimate issue with the newer mustangs? I assume most of the people take of traction control and any other aids and those drives are inexperienced or just shitty. But as I've said, there have been quite a few instances where the vehicle just completely loses it.

Thanks for what I hope are not shit responses.

It's just a meme. Most people with "fast" cars can't drive, Ford just happens to be kind enough to allow you to easily turn off traction control. The Mustangs crashing meme blew up over Facebook for a bunch of normies that own econoboxes to take a jab at other car people.

So why do people hate Mustangs again?

Got a one piece driveshaft, steeda shifter on the shelf and I'm shopping headers. Figure might as well have it all to put on at once before I get it on the lift again.

For sure. That was my assumption. Saw the thread and figured I'd ask. The one video in particular was right off the lot. So obviously the guy had no real idea on how the car handled and obviously the tires were cold and likeypretty shity from the factory.

My 2014. Little over 600rwhp. Ive owned about 15 different Mustangs.

ayyy senpai, Tulsa here. Paxton is fucking amazing. trying to pick up a kit soon.

Once or twice a year, AM will have a killer deal on their own brand wheels. Just had one last month, wheels were 50-70 dollars each. Out of those you posted, I love the RTR inspired AMRs with silver finish.

Yeah, most people crashing in these videos are making generally the same mistake, they turn off all computer aids like traction control, and then they floor it in a low gear like first or second, the car loses traction and gets a bit sideways, then they let off the throttle suddenly. Letting off the throttle while sideways cause the tires to suddenly grip and move the car forward, which is usually towards a curb at that point. The drivers then panic and don't brake.

The funny thing about car crash videos is you can just lookup any car crashing and probably find entire compilations, people actually take the time to make videos like that. Try looking up "Crovette crash compilation" on YouTube, or Camaro, or any other fairly popular performance car. For some reason people who dislike a certain car enjoy watching people crash that car. It seems odd to me.

I love this car, but I really shouldve gotten the v8 instead of premium. Even if I'd sweat my ass off in the Charleston summer.

Nice man! That's a 350 not an R, right?

Either way, props.

You have a 3v right? I see some good kits come up on Facebook groups once in awhile. Seems like the Vortechs/Paxton sell for cheap.

All boltons
2.9 Whipple
Cams
E85

730ish whp on a hot run

yea just a 3v, but im surprised how good the engine is. tbhwufamly its better then the LS1 i had camed. its such a good engine. im just lucky they put the 3v in everything.

Bought this, will have it in more or less 20 days now, 6 fuckin months of wait.

Not even fucking generals are safe from shitposters. Goddamnit.

Foxbody and SN95 owners, are Maximum Motorsports SFCs the best value out there, or are there cheaper ones that ate just as good?

I actually kind of dig the white tail lights on the euro spec on some colors. The fact the gill marker lights don't work on the brittish ones is pretty gay though.

>/MTG/

>Mus
>Tang
>General?

Hello Stang owners. I really want a new edge cobra.

Are they a shit?

it looks like an aston martin

Are you talking about the 03/04 Cobra or earlier models? They are quite different, but Cobras in general are a good buy.

BBK is generally cheaper I believe, subframe connectors are just metal that strengthens the frame so there's nothing complicated going on, get any brand name and you should be okay.

Yeah ones after the sn95. They're my favorite body style. Sn95 is a close second.

Are they good for DDing?

Well there are different versions of the new edge Cobra also. There is the 99 Cobra, 01 Cobra, and 03/04 Cobra. All of them came with the IRS, the 01 received some minor changes to the exterior (new spoiler and different bumper I believe) and the engine was updated, the 99 had a pretty bad issue with engine power output being much lower than advertised. There was a recall so many have been fixed but if you look into buying one you should check if it's been fixed.

The 03/04 has the supercharged engine with forged internals, it also has the 6 speed T-56 instead of the 5 speed TR-3650 that precious models had.

The 03/04 models are obviously worth much more money but they are all good cars. The 4v motor in general is a great engine.

As for daily driving one, depends on what you consider to be a good DD. They are fairly comfy, the seats are nice, the IRS handles bumps pretty well, but you will need premium fuel, the cable clutches they use are a bit heavy, and the Tremec transmissions are fairly notchy. If you don't have to go through lots of snow or other bad weather than I'd say they make a find DD that you can have a lot of fun with.

Oh yeah also I think the 99 came with regular leather seats, the later Cobras had the fancy suede seats. Just another thing that came to mind.

Checking in

>wishing I had a Coyote 5oh

I strongly recommend Mickey Thompson et street s/s. If you use nittos use 555 g2s, put them on the front. Don't put 20 year old radials on your car get some 2016 designed tires

does your bus have those rubbery coated seats or do you have cloth?

My MT et street s/s should get here today. Excited to try them out. 295/55/15s

Nigger you shouldn't be spending $350+ on a single tire unless you have like 550rwhp to put down

nt555s are perfect tires for stock and na builds

oh boy, a mustang thread.

COBRA CHECKING IN

'10 gt

99? Stock or have you modified it?

2006 checking in.

youtube.com/watch?v=9c_Bs6LIBfo

He has to have one of the most punchable faces ever.

gib headlights

Also I bought a double din touch screen radio today. Tired of not having a aux port.

tail lights* fug

You mean taillights?

damnit, i want my mustang to look that clean, im pretty much bone stock GT. the 235 all around feel like shit. what wheels u got senpai?

Stock but I painted the insides.

are they 17x8 stock wheels? if so i have the same ones. what size tiers do you run?

Yep. Stock size Yokohama sport summer tires.
Here's my list of mods so far
Airaid cai
Charge motion delete plates
Frpp hot rod cams
Bama 93 tune
Cat back exhaust, xpipe, no mufflers
And of course all the lights

mother of fuck, i have all the same shit in my shopping cart right now. even the same cams. Keeping out the CAI right now, trying to buy a Praxton SC or edelbrock full kit. Are you just running stock size tires? they look wider than stock.

No they're 235 all around. As far as the xpipe I used pypes xpipe and then had a local exhaust shop cut off the mufflers and make new pipe out the back and I supplied the tips. Only charged my 150

thanks dude

No problem. Don't get too crazy with the boost. These 3 valves can handle about 450 whp before the connecting rods start breaking. Or so I'm told.

Also completely forgot. If you're planning on boosting your mustang I wouldn't go with the hot rod cams. Get some made for boosted applications.