/hg/ 本田

Honda General
>how to edition

Bump the thread if you see this at page 10. Feel free to save the OP image just in case someone asks how to join the collage in the future.

Vids:
>Honda 3.5L V12
youtube.com/watch?v=CPNLDCd9da8&index=88&list=UUHThQZk7L07wRmqyH9WT75g

>Honda 3.0L V12
youtube.com/watch?v=WNjNvywa5S4&list=UUHThQZk7L07wRmqyH9WT75g&index=124

>annoying rattle
youtu.be/HoX79pyvOm0

Last thread dead:
>.14906570

Other urls found in this thread:

civic4g.com/index.php/4th-gen-info/4th-gen-info-model-lineup
superstreetonline.com/how-to/chassis-suspension/1312-honda-chassis-code-checklist/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_Civic_(fourth_generation)
youtube.com/watch?v=K9FQ-lfDT4I
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Last thread dead:
>>.14906570
JUST

>Integra not out in the hail
IT'S A CHRISTMAS FUCKING MIRACLE CHARLIE BROWN

It's just drizzles here and there in Illinois no hail, thank goodness.

Looking for a new DD, should I consider a 06-08 TSX or an 07-08 TL-S? Average prices I see on the TSX are ~$13k while the cleanest TL-S is about ~$18k.

either one is good. TL is faster than the TSX obviously. You must get it in manual. Although the TL-S auto trans is good. Just change the trans fluid every 30k miles regardless of the trans.

TIPS A SHIT

Pretty calm day though. Hope I can get my shit installed soon though all this rain.

you are civic is looking good at least

>tfw want to replace my rice side skirts that were already on when I bought the civic
>tfw no oem clips and shit for the stock ones I bought
>tfw don't want to screw them on

Time to wait another month for all the clips and shit to attach these skirts on

It's okay user it's just a month

Yeah trying not to get it rekt with all my driving. I got side moldings at home I'm excited to install. Finally got a good tip. Papa bless white people.

I've been monitoring for any manuals of either car for about 3 months now. Nothing that is clean title or lowish miles that was worthwhile so far.

Just be more patient and if not your only option is an auto TL-S

What makes the auto in the TL-S better than the TSX?

It's a different trans they made especially for the TL-S and it's not your typical glass auto Honda trans

Ive got these on my crx, but I want something a bit nicer
Does anyone know of any wheels that are similar in design but look a bit better?

>go to check out 03 s2k for 9k
>grinding into 3rd
>pictures are generous
Fuck I'm crushed /hg/, hold me

Becoming paranoid about my engines health 264k now on original motor. Trying to do research on wether I want to replace with another d16z6 or upgrade to a gsr or b16. More power and that dohc sound would be really nice but the swap seems difficult/problematic.

>Anyone ever swapped a d series for a b series?

>not going k series

Can a 99 TL join the senpai?

>those miles
>that amazing shape

Fuck man I never knew. That car must have been babied for most of its life.

I never seriously wrenched but why would a b16 be difficult to swap if they were made for civics?

I would think it would be one of the easier swaps you could do

He'd have to find a trans to go with it.

I'd go with pic related for that authentic JDM SiR-SiR-II power.

>ordered new shock a week ago
>still hasn't shipped yet

The fuck is their problem? Guess I'll be squeaking like crazy at the big car meet for the year.

Yea why not?

Not that I can think of on top of my head. Check out discount tire direct, tire rack or other wheel/tire stores

Hondas are awful.

Any idea how wide I could go with my 2012 tires. I'm thinking 205 maybe 215

May I ask what those rims are? I've been looking for a set for my 95 EX Coupe and had little luck

>Food on hood
It is supposed to be bread on hood.

Not everyone has bread. As you can see with the blue Si, they put tortillas on hood.

Damn I hate it when it takes more than a week for an online order to get to my house.

A family friend has offered me his 2001 AP1 for $9000.

It's completely stock, well maintained, and has about 240k kms on the odo. It's in decent shape, the only problem is that it desperately needs a new top.

Should I do it?

COP THAT SHIT FAMRADE

My only real concern is that I enjoy being able to have sex in whatever car I own and I don't think this is easy in an S2K :(

Hx rims, they are nice and light too

Removable steering wheel or passenger seat. Just make sure she's 5'5" or less and make sure you and her aren't fat.

I know right? There was only one previous owner and he drove it mostly highway miles, the service history is insane, almost every 3 months had it checked on

To each their own

Are there any difference between ED chassises? I know ED7 are sporty models and therefor good for builidng a track car. But could I buy ED6 model or even ED3 or 4 from sedan? What are the differences?

civic4g.com/index.php/4th-gen-info/4th-gen-info-model-lineup

Thanks senpai, any idea where I could pick up a set for a decent price? Sorry for all the questions

For what? Why do you need wide tires for? If you get wider wheels it makes sense.

Here's all the ED chassis codes:
ED3 USDM 1988-1991 Civic DX, LX Sedan
ED4 USDM 1990-1991 Civic EX Sedan
ED6 USDM 1988-1991 Civic DX, Std Hatchback
ED7 USDM 1989-1991 Civic Si Hatchback
ED8 USDM 1988-1991 CRX DX, HF
ED9 USDM 1988-1991 CRX Si
For track uss 7>6>4>3
4 > 3 because it has a more powerful engine and biggest brakes of the
Sources:
superstreetonline.com/how-to/chassis-suspension/1312-honda-chassis-code-checklist/

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_Civic_(fourth_generation)

>>
No, that's a shit ton of kilometres on a sports car, honda or not.

For 12k you can pick one up with 140-170k

They pop up in craigslist all the time, usually shit condition but plastidip can fix that, got mine for 250 but ive seen them as low as 100

Really, that's a lot? Keep in mind I said 240k kms, not miles

White, happy cars are probably the cutest cars desu :3
B2 A CUTE
A
C
U
T
E

Got my windows tinted. Jersey doesn't allow you to tint the front half of the car, so I didn't wanna go too dark in the back or it would've looked unbalanced. 35%

Illinois allows 35 all around but no windshield tints at all

Yeah, it's a lot for a car that's been abused

kek

not gonna lie that's pretty dope

10/10

Tips kicking ass tonight. Other drivers pissing me off though. Every time I see a truck without their headlights on it's a fucking Toyota Tundra. Also fuck people that don't park in an actual parking spot when picking up their pizza that isn't even out of the oven yet. Completely blocked the driveway.

driveway's closed pizza boy

Fuck I should've seen that coming. Lol

Not delivering in the black neighborhoods must help

Whoop

lol I'm actually watching the Sox game and shitposting on /sp/ rn. Is that image real?

Display neighborhood in Osaka (or repurposed, I don't remember)

Waiting for tomorrow to watch the Royals, they got their asses kicked three days in a fucking row by the Angels.
>shitposting on /sp/
Baseball season is the only time I shitpost there lol

Yea just looked it up. It's real but it was to show off house models like a house-show. No one lived in it
>roylels
Nice """"""team""""" you have there

I shit post on /sp/ in Blackhawks and Bulls threads as well but both of their seasons ended short this year.

Sox sweeped the Turdronto Blow Jobs but they're playing a good Oriole starting tonight and to open up the series Sox is using Danks aka worst Sox pitcher.

Hi, I'm a fucking newfag. I just got an 06 ex civic. I poked around for a while and I know it's not exactly the most liked generation of civic, but I guess what I wanna know is, is there anything fun I can do with it? The engine bay seems really small and doesn't have very much space so I'm not really sure, and I'm not overly experienced

You boys think these wheels would look good on a Silver 2004 honda accord coupe? Or I should I go with another brand?
>pic related

is it a manual?
Hondata flash

i wasn't aware people actually bought or used automatic hondas so yes it's manual

>10 lug wheels

They have a 5 or 6 lug version which is what I'll get if I decide to buy these

>Danks
My condolences
>2-10
Well, Chiraq has one decent team this year at least. Cuks gave Cincinnati an ass reaming recently.

From Kansas City, so as far as I can see now, they've been much better the last few seasons.

how much is the offset and are they wider than factory wheels?

>tfw no 1906 WS rematch

only problem with hx wheels is the size
hard to find good tires in 14"

N E V E R

Where did I say it's been abused? It's owned by a middle aged man who drove responsibly and only tracked it once or twice

Offsets 40 and the width of the wheels I'm thinking about are about an inch larger than the factory wheels i have now.

Discount Tire Direct should have em

>you will never own a brand new NSX with flip ups
>you will never witness a rematch of the 1906 WS
WHY EVEN LIVE

I'd say those wheels are an 8/10 could be better design and better color but overall pretty good.

No I just mean not many companies make high performance tires in 185-65-14 or 195-60-14.

I only see g-force super sport a/s and falken azenis (track tires) that are both more expensive than comparable tires I got for my 15's.

Yea I'd stick to 15''s for high performance tires too

youtube.com/watch?v=K9FQ-lfDT4I
Fresh video from the WAT CRX

My Prelude made it to PA!

Drove it the 50 miles late last night. The brakes are still messed up (rotor finally broke loose, but something is keeping it from coming off), so I threw new front pads on and squealed my way over the border. Pic related, it's the rotor I drove on (but with less sledgehammer marks).

Now I just need to get my garage in order, and then I can start the disassembly.

so anything else besides Hondata flash?

Good tires and suspension help too.

I don't know why you'd bother with an 8th gen that isn't an Si to be honest, it's not really worth it.

I have an '09 EX-L. I picked up wheels so I could use the stock ones for winter tires, but that's about it. Gets good mileage though.

Man I love that Honda 4 cylinder going wot. One of the best sounding N/A 4 cylinders.

>broke loose
>won't come off
pick 1

Intake, headers, and mid pipe. Maybe a quiet high performance muffler.

Can't wait to see this restored. New England has raped that suspension.

i realized the error of my ways only in retrospect and now it's too late and i have to work with what i got

>broke loose
>won't come off
No, something is really wrong with it. I actually stretched the threads on that puller in the pic trying to get it off. It looks like the back of the rotor is smaller than the hub somehow, and it wouldn't come off even after I broke it free with a torch and a sledge. It moves maybe an inch or so, then snags. I needed to move the car though, already wasted a day trying to get the rotor off last time (sans torch). Also had to fix a fuel leak that day, because everything is rusted.

I've put about 60k miles on mine. It's a good commuter car, but otherwise terribly boring. I don't think it's worth putting money into it. The wheels I didn't mind getting because I can keep them when I sell the car (hopefully next year).

>(hopefully next year).
what are you going to get?

Yeah I should probably just save my money for a different civic, but I just feel the fuckin' itch and I want it to be so much more than it is and it's killing me

Not sure yet, but unless the new Type R is really good, probably not a Honda. The Abarth Fiata seems pretty interesting. I also like the 4C a lot, but then I'd probably have to keep my Civic as a winter car.

My commute is going down from 100 miles a day to 20 miles a day, so something more fun would be nice.

If I weld the diff in a d16y8, mount the engine transversely, and run a drive shaft from the trans to the diff, will bad things happen?

Final delivery was drunk as fuck and/or on drugs. Apartment was a fucking mess. Lel

What the fuck is you smoking?

Yeah dude

Respek the customer's name >;(

Bruh I can't even read it.

>tfw 70 in tips tonight

wew lad

Make sure to report that income so it can be taxed!
>time passes
>time passes
>door flies open as thousands of empty pizza boxes hit car
>time passes

Does my Honda count?

>bought HFP suspension kit
>for automatic 2007 Civic LX sedan

How fucked am I? Probably not very, because my OEM suspension is so fucking shot I don't know how I've survived the period between 100k-140k. This shit was somehow cheaper to order new on eBay over OEM suspension parts from Hondapartsdeals after shipping was factored in.

I've never installed suspension before, so how fucked am I really? Will it take me more than a day? It's a pretty direct to bolt this shit on, right? Then I'll just get an alignment done at the mechanic.

Yes

if so then put mine in the collage as well

Post proof and I'll add it unironically

Would you take a generator?