Hey Veeky Forums, what are some INDESTRUCTIBLE sporty cars?

hey Veeky Forums, what are some INDESTRUCTIBLE sporty cars?

i mean suspension and mechanically wise, I want a sporty car, but it needs to be able to take a massive fucking beating from my shitty third world roads without breaking the bank too much.

i don't want a truck. trucks are not sporty.
or a civic/corolla

pic semi related, very reliable but when things break it's fairly expensive.

is
>sporty
>RWD
>indestructible

even possible?

thanks.

Seriously I have no idea what dog shit jobs you people have that you think BMW's are "expensive" to maintain. I maintain my E92 335i with a $12/hr job. Meanwhile 99% of you fuckers with bimmers are driving e46 318i and you can't even manage keeping that under control.

the rougher the environment the car is in, the more times things will go wrong with it.

This. My friend maintains his E46 M3 with leftover money from his $12/hr job at a detail shop. It's not even a significant sum of his money that he spends on it. I don't understand the "BMW is expensive to own" meme. Maybe if you live off welfare I guess?

Miata
Is
Always
The
Answer

is it though?

i think an S2K would be just fine, it's just a matter of finding one that wasn't abused too much.

>cheap
>reliable
>plethora of parts
>easy to fix
It is ALWAYS the answer.

Isn't that the model that can sheer its rear subframe mounts off?

Guy with the silver E36 M3 from BMWgen

After 4 Hondas, a Miata, and a Lexus GS my BMW has had the cheapest stock parts of any car.

BMW dealers don't try to fuck you with a rake like Honda/Acura dealerships do for parts; they're only 10-15% more than online prices if not in some cases the same as online. And a lot of the "cheap aftermarket parts" are still reboxed OEM (The only thing that hasn't been Made in USA/Europe that I've ordered were my exhaust gaskets/hangers).

The aftermarket is definitely much more expensive though, and you find yourself ordering more parts than a Japanese car. And if it's had no maintenance it'll get expensive fast.

If you can handle the impracticality it's the s2000 your looking for.

It is best in class in nearly every way.
Especially reliability. It's one of the only true (manual+rwd+2 seat) sports cars that I would consider to be very reliable.

Convertibles are fun too despite looking worse to some.

What year miata is that? NB?

air cooled porsches
some toyotas
some russian stuff

or anything with a few simple mods tbf

It's Miata with the S2000 trim package, duh.

Oh you.

Great taste in colors, srs. Looks awesome

Good luck OP I'm about to sign off for the night.

But here's a thought for the road.

Miatafags swear up and down that the s2000 is no better than a Miata. But when people take the piss about s2000's the go to joke is to call it a Miata. It's almost like people universally recognize than being a Miata is the worst thing a roadster can be...anyway

thanks dude

s2k seems to be the perfect option, and i don't need practicality.

You want a car you can beat on? Porsche 997.2

S2k. Engine is bulletproof and godly

Lancer Evolution 7-9 only.

>cheap
>fast
>reliable
Pick 2 and only 2.

Subaru's are pretty bulletproof. The only downside is that you might be paying around 20k because of how well they keep their market price. Are you driving on dirt or just really shit pavement? Because a WRX; or an STI would be perfect for your kind of dirt roads.

Subaru
sti or wrx for most sporty, but legacy and outback are decent too

Any Lexus because it's a fancy Corolla. First gen IS200s/IS300s are known to be extremely reliable

My mate has owned a 330ci for the last 6 years and he`s been beating on it every day since the purchase. The car is a street legal drift missle, he`s crashed it several times but the car is still going, engine pulling strong. He even passes the annual technical inspections every year, now he`s boosting the car.
Also my 2003 E46 325i holds up neglected maintenance pretty well (no oil changes for the last ~20k miles or so, lots of things needing a change) so i`d say its one of the toughest non-japanese cars from the early 2000s

Any Lexus IS series models. They're basically Toyotas with a fancy badge thus extremely reliable.

Also
>RWD
>V6/inline-6
>manual option

Fuck. Sorry for double post

What Russian stuff?
Ladas and UAZ?

I can't recommend a gs400 Lexus. The balljoints are prone to failure. And bumpy jumpy shitty third world roads are a ball joint's worst enemy. That being said I've never heard of an aftermarket ball joint failing in a gs400

>buy a Toyota, they only need oil changes!

None of those are sports cars.

v8 mustangs have an incredibly reliable drivetrain. none of these cars listed are very good on dirt roads.

>E46
>reliable

RIP subframe
lol vanos

>third world roads
>people recommending cars with double wishbone suspension

No you fucking idiots, no. OP a 4th or 5th gen Mustang is what you want. Glorious Ford 8.8 at the back, McPherson struts up front.

Even rustbucket Mustangs cost a pretty penny in urope, not to mention parts.

Miata.

Miata.

>BMW dealers don't try to fuck you with a rake like Honda/Acura dealerships do for parts

hah good one. Forget about markup percentages, if they did nobody would be able to afford them. They're already insanely expensive from the factory

There's some real delusional people ITT. Claiming a BMW is cheaper to own than a honda, yeah right

>Even rustbucket Mustangs cost a pretty penny in urope, not to mention parts.

lmao no

This pretty preistine one is going for cheap, pretty much everyone here knows mustangs are junk.

You can buy C4s for roughly the same price.

A RWD Volvo

Ladas are super unreliable mechanically wise, parts are dirt cheap though and tough steel can take the beating.
t. had a Niva

Find a part on FCP Euro/ECS Tuning for a 1997 BMW M3. Call your local BMW dealers (at least 2-3) and find out what's the average price range for a part.

I used a valve cover washer grommet (BMW 11121437395) $1.17 on realoem (BMW diagram for average parts cost and prices) and $1.24 on ECSTuning. Paid $0.99 at BMW of Freeport Long Island, NY. Or a driveshaft centering bushing (BMW 26117526611), paid $11.93 at that same dealer and $7.36 at FCP Euro.

In comparison, a Trunk Latch for a 1998 Civic Coupe. Honda Part # 74851-S01-A01. $24 + $8 shipping at Majestic Honda. Paid $45 for it at Bay Ridge Honda in Brooklyn, NY, another dealer wanted as much as $65 iirc.

I'm actually saying the price difference between online and dealer parts is much smaller on BMWs than on any of my Honda/Acuras. Parts availability for older cars is way better for BMWs too, IMO.

I've never seen an E46 with subrame issues in real life. And E46's are the most common cars among my friends, I've also owned 2.
The only real E46 issues are worn bushings

Did OP say he was in Europe? My bad.

OP asked for sporty. Lexus IS is basically Japan's version of a 3-series. No it's not at the level of the BMW, but they take abuse way better.

The first gen XE10 is not more reliable than the E46

>take abuse better
>not at BMW's level

By "level" you mean turd level?

Ok we get it, you came in here to remind us that Lexus doesn't make sports cars. We mentioned some sport sedans

If you don't need practicality, get an Elise

Easy, Porsche 944 Turbo.

Cheap parts, easy to tune, and very reliable.

Nice trips so it is true

Yeah man replacing ball joints, what a tough fucking job.

Neither is your 325i

I've never understood BMW guys.

>You fucking retards BMW isnt expensive to maintain, you totally don't need to repair it 4 times a year

>"I wanna buy a BMW"
> Ha tough luck kid you are too poor for it :^)

buy a fucking 4x4 faggot why do you want to ride on shitty roads with stiff suspenions?

"its not unreliable I just have to replace the parts when the break"

t. european car owner

>Yeah man replacing ball joints, what a tough fucking job.

Might as well git gud at something that you’re going to be doing a lot, am I right?

"Its not unreliable if you just do your maintenance on time."

>mainenance items include: headgaskets, ABS pumps, camshafts, etc.

Give me a single car that has any of these things as a maintenance item.
Wait, I know. Subaru. Faggot.

>What is VAG for 500$

Also carbon buildup.

Those might not technically maintenance items, but they WILL shit the bed after a certain number of miles on certain models like clockwork. For example camshafts on some V6 Audis will go at around 150k.

>its not unreliable, its just a wear item, bro.