I need a good 4 cylinder for college. What's a good one Veeky Forums?

Pic related.

Civic. Just get a civic.

Oh you want some variety? How about, get this, a Corolla. They're reliable.

Just get the brz women don't know they're slow as fuck

What's your budget

>corolla
>reliable
Watch RegularCarReviews' Corolla SE review. Then come back and talk to me about "reliability"
Budget = $20,000

>RegularCarReviews
>knowing things about cars
Pick one
Corollas are the staple of reliability.

>Budget = $20,000
20 corollas nigga

>spending 20k on an appliance.
Shut up and spend

You're very convincing, however, I'm not looking into a Corolla now. Maybe after college?

Ok what the fuck do you want a couple, 2+2? If you want to impress girls with daddies money buy a g37, it's a nice fast couple and to the average person it looks like you have some cash even though you don't and you can actually have some fun

In what world is a corolla unreliable? Even the new corollas will outlive you. They're infinitely reliable than mazdurr, ferd and chevy

>Civic
>5k
I'm not a Honda fan, and also, with $20k as a budget I'm pretty sure I'd rather spend that on a car since I have the opportunity to do so.

You buy an 86 because you want an 86. You want that cool look and the sports car feel. Otherwise, just get any random 4-cyl.

>Recommends an Infiniti for $20k
kys

He actually knows his shit. He references a mechanic who dispels the myth that they're more reliable. They have their issues they just aren't as reported or in the media due to a better marketing team.

Thank you

You're talking about Ford m8.
Not Toyota.

wtf do you want? Are you a boyracer? Do you want to impress people you'll never see again? If you're in college you should be saving as much money as possible. You'll be buying a house somewhere afterwards or you'll need money to tide you over until you find a job, which could take a long time if you're getting a useless degree. Save now, splurge later. Oh wait, you're a young faggot that wants instant gratification.

>Being this brainwashed
Toyota is no more reliable than any other car, it's all just user perception and marketing.

Miata.

What else are you going to get 135i? WRX? Subaru is garbage tier and not worth the mark up. You could get a 370z but it's a stretch and no room for some one in college with one car.

According to this guy. Subaru is super reliable.

At least you recognize your issue

>Assumes that user is a boy racer because he doesn't want a Corolla
kys

New mazdas are actually more reliable than Toyotas in a lot of reliability studies. Not all of them, but even in the ones where they're behind Toyota, they're still very high on the list.

>Toyota isn't this super reliable bulletproof car you think it is
>OH SO YOU'RE TELLING ME SUBBIES ARE INVINCIBLE!?
Wew lad...

>NA or NC?

>no more reliable than any other car
You seem to have a perception that the playing field is equal.
You're perception is skewed by ignorance.
Hard data and factual evidence proves you wrong.
Stop being ignorant.

Once you sit a car with power you can never go back to a miata

That's truth though.
People that don't want a corolla are retarded. It's been proven.

>Being such a pedant
What's life like with autism?

>user perception

Do you even know what a pedant is?

Eco-boost Mustang

>perception and marketing
Made this corolla last this long and is still going.

OP because of your shitty criteria buy a civic

>$20k
>ecoboost mustang
Pic one.

>Interview a guy who fixed broken cars
>"Man for some reason these cars are always broken! I don't know why everyone says they're good? "

Eco-Boost Mustang is about $1K cheaper than the BRZ OP posted.

And about 1000 times less reliable
And about 1000lbs heavier
And 1000 times gayer

My dad's corolla has am sit 400k miles on the original motor, I think they're reliable

Don't spend so much on an appliance and get a Saturn Ion OP. If you want a fast car, get the redline edition, it came with a supercharger. They're cheap and good at what they're made to be, that is a good commuter car

LOL this thread went to shit fast

how'd you end up with the $20k?

If I were you I'd wait till you get a good job after college to spend that much on a car. Fuck, I landed $60k salaried position right after college and I wouldn't spend a dime over $10k for my car. I guess I'm just a poorfag though. I guess if it's daddy's money, I'd probably blow it on a brz too.

CPO 500 Abarth, but only if you live near a Fiat dealership because warranty.
It has a hatch, it sounds great, and chicks will dig it. Also it's a heap of fun, and the engine it comes with is reliable af.
Just don't buy a Civic Si, they fucking blow for the money.
If you want to go burger, Fiesta ST, CPO would work as well.
CPO is just nice because you'll be in school and if anything breaks you have a back-up plan.
You could buy a used Miata, or a used WRX, or used E46 M3 even. You just need to give us more to work with here because a lot of things are available after Corolla memeing.

Every time I hear "I'm a mechanic" and then "blah blah blah is always broken blah" I just want to laugh. Nobody is taking their car to a mechanic if it isn't broken, and if you specialize in a certain brand you'll see it even more. A toyota tech will see lots of Corollas and few Civcs, and vice versa.

I work as a mechanic for a primarily insurance claims shop but holy fuck do I see a lot of Volkswagens.

I'm more inclined to believe you than all of the "I'm an XYZ brand master tech and such and such is always in." Of course it is, it's your brand's best selling car.
I can believe that with VWs though, people buy them and treat them poorly, and they aren't the best to start.

NB

I dunno, people treat them like any other car, the number one complaint is sudden reduced mpg which comes from clogged injectors. I don't know if it's the pattern spray but the injectors don't atomize the fuel spray fine enough I'm guessing. Also headgaskets and water pumps are a common point of failure on all German cars not just VW I've found.

YOUR PARENTS GOT YOU 20K FOR COLLEGE

THEY TOLD YOU IT HAS TO BE A 4 CYLINDER

IT DOESN'T MEAN YOU SPEND ALL 20K YOU ENTITLED FUCK

SPEND 15K ON A FORD FIESTA AND TELL THEM TO PUT THE REST IN A EMERGENCY FUND IF THEY WANT

YOU HAVE THE PEP, YOU HAVE THE RELIABILITY

YOU ARE NOT GOING TO MOD IT, YOU AREN'T EVEN GONNA POP THE HOOD OPEN

YOU HAVE AN ACTUAL BACK SEAT, AND ALL THE SUPERIOR SPACE A HATCH PROVIDES

FUCK YOUR RCR SPEWING INTERNET DEFENSE BULLSHIT YOU MILLENIALKEK

I KNOW THE RCR GUYS AND THEY WOULD SAY THE SAME THING TO YOU BUT THEY CANNOT BECAUSE MUH SUBSCRIBERS

SO GET A FUCKING FIESTA, COROLLA, CIVIC, SAME SHIT FOR YOUR PLEB TASTES AND VANILLA USE

THIS IS AN APPLIANCE TO YOU, NOTHING MORE, AND GOOD NEWS: YOU CAN GET REAL GOOD APPLIANCES FOR CHEAP, EVERYONE ONES

>Good news: You can get real good appliances for cheap, everyone WINS

Fixed. Your asshattery makes brings out typos.

what's the most reliable corolla gen

you may want to pick something that has only one cylinder head, OP.

>Watch RegularCarReviews

You take RCR as a serious review?

This. So much this. Take your free 20k from mom and dad and buy an appliance. You've got tons of choices. It will be incredibly reliable, as most compact modern cars are. You will get the color you want (red) you will get what your care about (bluetooth/aux jack) and it will last and last.

You will not need to come to Veeky Forums ever again. Not for questions about maintenance, repairs, mods, nothing.

And in the end, isn't that what we both want? You get your reliable appliance that your parents bought you, and you never curse us with your presence again?

Corolla.

Subaru FRS
Subaru
Subieyota
Toyota Car
Toyota Corolla

See? pretty much the same thing.

Get a hachiroku

Read the sticky.

Get an accord or camry

Accord is a SSJ Civic

camry is a SSJ Corolla