Generators and other useful resources
donjon.bin.sh/fantasy/name/
pastebin.com/TyAHmtW4

[MV] Plugin Releases
mvplugins.com/
[VX/Ace] Master Script List
rmvxace.wikia.com/wiki/RPG_Maker_VX_Ace_Master_Script_List

Collection of old RPGM games
drive.google.com/folderview?id=0Bz0L3Pxrc8tqfnB1dFhTZHZwSV91cW1KMW9wcUM2WHhwSFFFMUVJX0pEYVExMndNLWtXbGs&usp=sharing

The /rpgmg/ podcast (Updated every other Wednesday):
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLyrIVUR5VXKC9XxmtqJh0u0Wcdvu8VQ6A

/rpgmg/ Chain/Collaboration Game!

Done with their part:
- RPG Maker Maker !!nHmJbtdk7T2
- Cortop !QqL8nX9URE
- Duwang !yP15zzo8dA
- MEands !!sbyw5zs4GtT
- Alexander Guy !swIUti/LTA
- salt !AOUYhrDYgU
- Double user !WAnon.pOpQ
- Crunch !I1tYcLS8Ts
- Comp !MEJ8qE/3h
- Silent Maid !ztOzYBnEEw
- Joakim Morgen !!4elh6dhvavq
- W.T.Dinner !LTqeha3bQk
- Firgof !aFqhsxkECQ

Currently working:
Bubbles !u696zUYxpM

Version 13B: mediafire.com/download/89tsrb5ka31g36h/rpgmgcollab_v13B.zip

Other urls found in this thread:

soundcloud.com/mondo-nugget/mystic-future-high-tech-security-fortress
youtube.com/watch?v=dmRmW74qH_0
soundcloud.com/nathan-s-music/nes_maybe
youtube.com/watch?v=S04aVglDlOc
soundcloud.com/iwilldevouryourkittens/menace-to-society-battle-theme
soundcloud.com/iwilldevouryourkittens/the-interlopersc-boss-theme
soundcloud.com/iwilldevouryourkittens/the-mirrorlord
soundcloud.com/iwilldevouryourkittens/private-eye
tumblr.com/blog/mirroredsoulgame
youtube.com/watch?v=rAbwc7rjKZU
blog.rpgmakerweb.com/tutorials/anatomy-of-an-autotile/
twitter.com/kinucakes/status/756286347317354497
drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B4vdelfok5A5ZldTRVpTczJ5RlE
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Has anyone else abandoned projects you felt you produced a lot for, but upon looking back on them you realized you didn't produce much of anything?

Yes I have.
Still feels bad man.

Th-they aren't abandoned. I-I'll go back to my 10 or so "on hold" projects one day!

How do you guys feel about using the default RPG Maker sprites to make a full game?

Batman makes fighting with boomerangs look much cooler than real people using boomerangs.

It doesn't arouse my autism for deepest lore, but I can put up with it if everything else is top notch.

Depends how lewd it is.

I used to think of it as a fun challenge. "make the most awesome game with no custom assets at all".

But now, I'm actually trying to make money.

I'm sorry, I don't like it at all. It feels totally lazy to me and completely uninspired. Games made with the RTP lack personality and character imo.

Webcomics sometimes do things like Guest Strips to crosspromote.
Do you think it could be possible to do that in rpg maker games? Minor crossovers and Easter Eggs from other games to see if you can attract a wider fanbase?

It's possible I guess

I would like that. Nothing wrong with a character from a different game here and there.

Good night bump
Don't you die again

I've been making custom rpgm graphics for 10 years.
People would expect more from me.

bump

I'm sure someone else has done this exact same thing, but here's a quick sprite modification to stick the boulder from !Other1.png in the hole from Outside_B.png.

The hole is shifted down a few pixels from the one on the tileset, mostly because I like it better that way. I also removed the ! from the filename of Other1.png, so that the boulder would be treated as a character sprite, and get offset up a few pixels.

Graphics go a long way towards giving a game its character, and seeing as the default assets really don't have that much character [as they are the defaults] it's a lot harder to make something that will draw in a player.

Sound effects play a less obvious but still pretty important role in this character, and whipping up some new ones in bfxr or lapchirp or whatever is fairly easy but goes a long way to giving something its own character.

How do I write an interesting, compelling main character?

I've spent a ton of time on this puzzle, testing it for areas where you can get the rocks stuck in corners, areas where you could skip a rock entirely, etc. It all seems to work.

Unfortunately, it winds up feeling more like busy work than an actual puzzle.

Make the boulders move multiple tiles at a time maybe?

rekt. it's a combination of several things, like the map size, player walk speed, camera zoom, boulder interaction speed, etc..

i agree that it doesn't look fun.

How can I make a really polished RPG maker game that doesn't look cheap and has a good combat system?

Also, what RPG has the best battle system and leveling system?

you know.. learn how to do those things.

"best" is subjective, and so is what's acceptable to consider as an "rpg".

As an experiment, I shrunk the puzzle down, and I discovered that can actually fit the whole thing on a single screen without losing any of the logic.

Oops, there are a few bugs with that layout. But the fact remains that I can condense it a ton.

i'm much more of a fan of that. just being able to see all the pieces makes it look more "lively".

soundcloud.com/mondo-nugget/mystic-future-high-tech-security-fortress

New track! Been re-playing the prime series and slacking off.

Still not great I guess but at least it doesn't take 2 minutes to do it anymore.

There are different types of RPGs.
Jrpgs, Action-Rpgs, Tabletop rpgs. Tactical-Rpgs.

of course, rpgm is designed for Jrpgs. EXP is pretty much universal. The automatic stat growth assumes characters remain in their designed role.
Distributing stat points is really only good for solo characters. It gets really tedious and time consuming to manage 4+ party members.

>How can I make a really polished RPG maker game that doesn't look cheap and has a good combat system?
Copy Paper Mario or Bravely Default

>Also, what RPG has the best battle system and leveling system?
Paper Mario 64 or TTYD, before Sticker Star and the current dark age

Do I use the RTP or Aekeshic's battlers?

i've been wondering, do you need to go to the left? it seems like you can go north much earlier on.

Draw your own :^)

>slacking off
Bad user, stop doing this because I am already doing this.

I like the track, I've been listening to quite some cyberpunk music as of late and I would fit quite nicely in there.

bump

youtube.com/watch?v=dmRmW74qH_0

i "can't wait" to start actually shading/coloring these sprites..

Looks cute

Of course it's possible. Some of the recruitable characters in Hero and Daughter are crossover characters, for example.

jsdh

What do you guys think of RM Horror games?

as much as people like those yume nikkis, i think they're all a joke.

given, the only one i've played was corpse party, and that was just the enhanced psp remake.

if you push the topmost rock down instead of the one below it up, wouldn't you then just be able to put the one below it in the top and skip all the rest?
the smaller puzzle does look a lot better though

I've played a few, and not enjoyed any. The closest thing to decent was The Witch's House, but that was pretty much entirely on the back of the twist, nothing to do with the gameplay. I think RPGM is a very poor medium for horror gameplay.

Yume Nikki is a walking simulator, not a horror game.

i'm basically from eu, sleeping at 10am bump

Hi /rpgm/! I've mostly been at /agdg/ for the past few weeks since my current project doesn't use rpg maker and I don't want to post unrelated stuff, but I still consider this place home.
Anyway, I made a new song.
soundcloud.com/nathan-s-music/nes_maybe
I think it would possibly fit in nicely as a credits piece or something.

Man, your composition has gotten a lot better- along with your mixing. It's a good ambient song. It sounds very ominous and foreboding. I'm honestly not sure about the super loud bass at around 1:20. It is certainly cool and all, but it kind of hurts my ears after a while. I'd suggest either lowering it a little bit or EQing the low bass (sub 50Hz) a bit. I'm definitely a fan of this piece though. Also good pacing on introducing the different instruments.

>/rpgm/
Fuck. Meant /rpgmg/.

bump

Dumb question lads, is the DLC for RPG maker just add-on sprite packs and music? No features locked behind another paywall?

That's correct. It's only resources, no features.

Alright, cheers user.

The first 80 sounds like a sad dialogue piece, like the king is telling you about the destruction the Demon Lord has left in his wake, wuth the screen panning to all the ruined towns/etc.

The next part is weird transition, because it's so upbeat compared to the first part. Like 80 seconds is enough to be an NES song. It's good, but maybe I'm just a purist.

I like the subtle hint of real instruments halfway through. They enhance without distracting

You can't push rocks through grass, so unless I'm missing something, all 6 rocks are required for the solution.

oh, I hadn't even realized the grass was a barrier to the rocks
but still, can't you just do this?

Holy shit, thanks for catching that. I don't think I would have ever noticed it. I guess it's hard to see alternate solutions once you've come up with one.

I went ahead and added a patch of grass to prevent that.

I wish the puzzle was a bit more open, but I had to restrict a lot of free movement that was letting rocks get stuck (2 rocks in a corridor next to each other are basically unmovable since you can't push more than one rock in a row).

no problem, happens a lot
you look at designs from how you want them to work but other people just see the easy way out and break it

you could always add some kind of room reset switch or door if you want a catch-all for getting rocks stuck, though most mechanics I've seen like that look awful aesthetically

You can't leave a nice thread alone for 32 minutes out here...

Yes I can

Why isn't your game a musical?

No voice actors available.

I kinda wish I could shove a crazy evil queen Christmas cake in the game, though:
youtube.com/watch?v=S04aVglDlOc

those dancing cats, holy shit

i don't know why they inspire me to make a game so much but they do

adorable mooks are necessary

You know, I've thought about it. Not a full-length game or anything, but it would be fun to make a short game entirely based on one song.

I can't even read music shehajdk acx

Who here musicfag? I am.

What do you think of my game's soundtrack so far?
Battle 1: soundcloud.com/iwilldevouryourkittens/menace-to-society-battle-theme
Boss: soundcloud.com/iwilldevouryourkittens/the-interlopersc-boss-theme
Final Boss Phase 1: soundcloud.com/iwilldevouryourkittens/the-mirrorlord
Final Boss Phase 2: soundcloud.com/iwilldevouryourkittens/private-eye

And yeah, I normally crank out the battle themes because they're the most fun to make

Also here's my game's blog: tumblr.com/blog/mirroredsoulgame

Was making a prologue + 3 part story with 2 routes for every chapter. Lost inspiration after i finished chapter 1, & lost the data years ago.

I still conserve some resources from it, but i dont want to start again with that game.

Now im trying with a Digimon RPG, but i cant get my lazy ass to start with it.

This stuff is amazing.

I've always wanted to try making music. I took piano lessons all through middle school and high school, and that included a bit of music theory.

What does the workflow for this kind of stuff look like?

>What does the workflow for this kind of stuff look like?

Literally nonexistant. I'm basically just doing this as a hobby.

bump

ded thred ;_;

I think this existential RPG is going to be a big deal...

youtube.com/watch?v=rAbwc7rjKZU

I'm making one but I'm avoiding jump scares.
Trying to make something similar to silent hill 1-3, but with far less monsters/ammo.

I'm busy setting up keepass and watching LMMS tutorials

>So many musicfags in the thread
Why didn't I think about this sooner?

Getting VAs is easy (VAA, BTVA, etc.). Getting VAs for long projects is a rather steep climb

It's better to let the thread die than sustain it with shilling, user.

The game looks pretty good, but you guys really need to up your game (and your mic quality).

How do I into tileset making?

I don't want to use the RTP but I have no idea where to start. I can make decent edits of characters, but tilesets are a completely different beast.

Umm I in no way tried to hide that it's our video, so no not shilling.

That's the more tasteful way of approaching horror games. I always feel like jump scares are a cheap way to become a horror game.

Yeah I think the game's cool too. It seems to be making a good first impression all around.

What do you mean up our game? And do you wanna pay for more equipment for us? haha

Thanks user! I really wanted to have the contrast for the two different moods but was ultimately unsure how to handle the transition. I probably could have handled it better.

Don't lie. When you post "This thing looks cool" rather than "Look what I made", that's exactly what you're doing. It's dishonest and off-putting.

I mean, this is a creative community. We're not afraid of people self-promoting. "Post progress" is like our bump mantra. But when you hide behind a YouTube link and act as if you're an advertiser rather than a creator, it leaves a bad impression. I watch every webm, look at every screenshot, etc. that gets posted in this thread, and I leave feedback whenever I think it'll help, but I didn't even give your video a click, and it was purely because of your insulting shilling. Participate in the community, post in good faith! We welcome newcomers. But I, at least, don't welcome advertisers.

Follow this. This helped me a lot on how to design make tiles.

blog.rpgmakerweb.com/tutorials/anatomy-of-an-autotile/

It also helps to use the RTP as a guide/template, if you can.

Hahaha do you think I made the game?? We're Let's Players man. When we said "this thing looks cool," we were talking about the game. Because it does look really cool and we had a great time with the demo. It's an RPG maker game so the post is relevant. Take your cynicism somewhere else.

You never made it obvious, either. It helps to build trust by announcing that it's your product. We aren't Reddit.

>What do you mean up our game?
As an amatuer VA, it doesn't sound like your voice acting. You're just reading the lines. One of you even sounds like you're mumbling. Compare to a friend of mine on Twitch:

twitch/lefuulei/v/77384516

She emotes. She does a unique voice for each character. You can feel how involved she is. You guys weren't particularly involved, or involving.

>do you wanna pay for more equipment for us?
Try to use what you have, but better. Learn what gain control is, and how to keep your mic from peaking. Also, don't breathe into it. That's Pewdie-tier humor. Focus on quality, and doing better with each video. "Just doing whatever" is fun, but it won't grow your channel.

Oh, I'm sorry. Yeah, I assumed you made the game, because that's what most folks here do. If you made the LP instead, then you're shilling the LP and not the game, so I was wrong.

Either way, a simple, honest "Hey /rpgmg/, I've been LPing RPGM games" would be a thousand times better of a post than was. I'm actually interested in RPGM game LPs, especially if the game is connected to /rpgmg/ directly. You don't need to try to trick people into clicking.

Speak of the devil!

I think you need to look up "shilling" haha. I see what is saying by not making it obvious, but I certainly wasn't trying to hide it. Yeah it's our LP, and it's a really neat that I think deserves more support.

Whenever I post a video, I make sure to attach a name and tripcode. That's all you need to do in the future, really. Good luck to you

Oh sorry your guys' responses were longer than I thought

We're not voice actors.
Yeah my friend naturally mumbles.
We're very involved emotionally, but we also goof around a lot because we're both very facetious people haha.

I know how to control gain, we mainly need a pop screen. The compression does the job well enough for now.
Haha "Pewdie-tier" humor. I think Pewdiepie is very funny now that he finally doesn't take himself seriously.
Yeah we're always getting better, but not for the sake of growing our channel. We wouldn't pick such an oversaturated market if we wanted to "get big." That's why "just doing whatever" is what we do. It's for us and the people that resonate with us.

Oh and not trying to trick anyone. The original post was just my thoughts on the game. I wasn't thinking of what would be the best way to present my feelings about the game, I just presented them.

When testing your own puzzles don't just try to beat it, but try to break it in every way possible. Push the boulders towards every direction so you can see if there is anything that could ruin the puzzle in a negative or possitive way for the player.

Well if you use it as a temporaly replace for your own sprites, yeah well sure but dont expect me to buy that shit.

bump

Will you let Aoba design characters for your game? She's good at drawing.

I got a lot done today.

That's great news user.

I know! I'm pretty happy about it. Especially since it's the first RPG work I've done in like 5 days.

>tip for 3-frame animation loops

twitter.com/kinucakes/status/756286347317354497

My next game will have the title "Fuck you summer".

What's the first enemy encounter in your game?

I I remember trying to make my own RPGMaker game and gave up when I found out that a similar game already exists. Except that game doesn't have the stuff I want.

I don't know if anyo e is still searching for them, but here I have the Animation collection Quintenssence.

drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B4vdelfok5A5ZldTRVpTczJ5RlE