I dare you to name a more important philospher alive today

I dare you to name a more important philospher alive today.

Volker Halbach

Important, not retarded

>getting mad at meme philosophers

Not an argument.

Nussbaum

Harris.

Singer

Jaden Smith

He is not a philosopher, he is a sophist.

2pac

This guy.

Danny Shahar.

myself

>post important philosophers
>starts out with a literally who

>important philosopher
>in the 21st century

no such thing

>no one is making good philosophy anymore
>I remember when philosophy use to mean something
>I'm reading a philosopher now, he's pretty obscure, you've probably never heard of him

Does your life just suck entirely? Or do you have some good days where you're not a complete hipster faggot?

>sophist cult leader
>philosopher

dude abandon your family lmao

No it's just that philosophy has no place in the modern world other than for historical context.

Molyneux 2010
>give whatever you can, or nothing, I'm giving this away for FREE because I want to

Molyneux 2013
>ONE DOLLAR? HOW DARE YOU OFFEND ME WITH ONE MEASLY DOLLAR?

Peter Singer. He improved on Jeremy Bentham's utilitarianism by applying the principle through preferences. Through this, you cannot call yourself a utilitarian, but at the same time, eat meat.

This is because all sentient beings are capable of suffering and feeling pain. To say that non-human sentient life forms do not matter, purely because they aren't human is illogical since utilitarianism functions through how much suffering happens.

Sheep, cows, pigs, etc can all feel pain and anguish. Killing them for sustenance is no longer necessary in the 21st century. Stop doing it, and become a moral human being.

>you cannot call yourself a utilitarian and eat meat

Yes you can

I don't know why you'd want to be a utilitarian though

Ian Hacking

10/10

acceleration

Anybody at random at a Yankees game.

I tried watching a couple of his videos. Calling this person a philosopher is an insult to the world "philosopher".

It's the other way around. With the human population rapidly increasing, and societies growing larger by the day while getting bombarded with information, we need philosophy more than ever.

Roger Scruton

>defending utilitarianism
how are two different beings' subjective experiences supposed to be commensurable? lmfao at this noob tier garbage.