Was there ever a culture where defecation wasn't stigmatized...

Was there ever a culture where defecation wasn't stigmatized? Like a culture where it was okay to watch your wife or daughter take a shit.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fecal-oral_route).
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Inside Hitler's Reich chancellery

Contemporary India

Sorry, someone had to say it.

The West in about 30 years m9.

But, seriously, no. It's a hard-wired instinct to find shit disgusting. That's why they call it shit..

It's a social construct to associate feces with uncleanliness. Little babies who haven't been socialized yet will tend to play with their own shit in their natural state.

Good point. 'Stigmatization' is sometimes necessary though.

but feces are completely unsanitary, unlike urine it's nearly impossible to ingest. stigmatizing poop is quasi natural because it's bad for us humans with its bacteria and well.. shit

>It's a social construct to associate feces with uncleanliness.
Do evolutionary tendencies count as social constructs?

Your own shit is inherently not as disgusting as shit in general. Associating shit with uncleanliness isn't a social construct (at least not fully).

Germany.

The House of Lords

Underrated

It's not really a social construct, because shit is unclean. Ever try taking a big shit on a sandwich and then eating the whole thing? You haven't, because if you did, you'd be dead. I mean damn what's next, washing your hands before eating is a social construct? Taking a shower is a social construct? No, these are things that you've done, because if you didn't do them you'd be dead by age 30. Take the primitivism back to /2000bc/ because that's where it belongs. Check the digits

/thread

Amazing...thread/

Can the "Humanities" in "History and Humanities" please just move to /b/ already?

India
Poo in the loo
D E S I G N A T E D

All of those things are social constructs though, it doesnt matter that they are clearly beneficial. Do you even know what social construct means?

yea

Veeky Forums culture

>people are reviled by shit because it's a social construct and not because it smells horrible
Why is Veeky Forums so fucking stupid?

I never wash my hands before eating

None of that is true though.

There are traces of fecal matter pretty much anywhere. Eating shit is a good way to pass parasites around, but there isn't anything coming out that hasn't been inside you before. Showering isn't really a thing people did usually, and filthy people made it to old age often enough. The high death rates of the past were mostly because of infants and small children; if you survived your childhood you'd probably make it into old age if you didn't live a violent lifestyle.

It's a crummy, filthy way of living, but it's a living that worked well enough for those crummy, filthy people to reproduce and teach their crummy, filthy ways to their young many times over.

Ain't we hardwired to find shit disgusting?

The smell is unpleasant, but there is a wide variation on how people respond to it and to the idea of shit in general.

Baby poops don't smell bad, but they are still gross, right? Unless you are the kind of parent that thinks baby poops are cute, which is a thing.

You're basically wrong on all accounts, plus you don't have the digits to match. You should be ashamed.

No, its learned behaviour

>Baby poops don't smell bad
What? I don't know what kind of flowerbutt babies you've been around, but they sure aren't the same babies I've dealt with

There are lots of couples who shit in front of each other. Why not? Everybody poops, OP.

The smell is very very mild until they start eating solid food. Much less smelly than yours or mine.

This.
I watch my partner poop every now and then, and no one has tried to stop me yet.
Though by "watch" I don't mean that I stare at their asshole as they do their business, but f. ex. I'm in the toilet at the same time and talk to them while they poop

holy fuck mate, i don't understand how more people aren't giving you more (you)s

Shit is full of disease and harmful bacteria your body expunged, as well as general waste matter either completely non beneficial or actively harmful to you.

Literally stole every last word out of my mouth.

>harmful bacteria
yeah I am sure that these bacteria who come from your body are harmful once they get back in your body

what a true 20 yo fat fucking moron you make.

From what I've read, shit is dangerous only if it comes from a contaminated source (like someone with a disease en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fecal-oral_route). Other than that, it just smells bad and really really isn't worth eating.
So eating your own shit (assuming you're healthy) isn't gonna kill you, but neither will eating some clean sand and I wouldn't recommend eating either.

>It's a social construct to associate feces with uncleanliness

No, it's something that's well observed in nature.

I remember a small college where there were no stalls around the toilets. Yeah it's awkward at first because you've been socialized to feel embarrassed about it, but it's surprising how quickly you realize how irrelevant it is, and you just stop caring about it after a while. It works the same way with public showers.

It's definitely a cultural thing and can be taken to extremes as well. Just look at Japan where they have noise boxes in restrooms because even the sound of it freaks them out.

Shit is unclean, that's scientifically true. If anything it's urine that shouldn't be stigmatized. Just because it's a waste product of our body, it's seen as dirty, but in reality it's a sterile liquid. It's a natural disinfectant and it's been for millennias at the basis of many hygienic products. Not for nothing, Romans valued it to the point of taxing latrines.

>Little babies who haven't been socialized yet will tend to play with their own shit in their natural state.
Baby shit is actually still sterile, when you grow up you will have dozens of germs in your Kecki.

scatfag pls go

>Its a social construct therefore its wrong

/thread. Quads never lie.

Nice trips

>OP's question: was there ever a time where it wasn't a big deal to see someone taking a shit?

every single other poster in thread: NO EATING YOUR OWN SHIT IS DISGUSTING YOU FREAK

Any place at any time before, say...1950 or so?

>Like a culture where it was okay to watch your wife or daughter take a shit.
By that standard, the west until like...the 19th century.

In a few days I'll go to a hippie gathering innawoods. The toilets will be a ditch dug some distance away from the camp.
Everyone is expected to use it, and there's no possibility to hide from others using it at the same time.
So I imagine I will see some wives and daughters taking a shit.
Watching might still be inappropriate though.

ethe content of your post sucks but DAMN those quads

women hate to be watched by ugly and poor men

Most women, yes. And most men, too.
Still thousands of people are supposed to gather there.

i watched my girlfriend pee after i fucked her, she asked me if its okay
i dont get this meme, do you also pretend you dont shit ever?
what is it like to be 14y old

americans are prude and retarded

checked ur scripts bud

Mongolians would just shit where they stand and continue the conversation.

Pee and poo aren't the same m8.

All bacteria is harmful.
What do you think AIDS is? It's your own body becoming so weak it can no longer fight off the bacteria inside your body, let alone any new bacteria.
Ingesting bacteria is never a healthy thing to do.

>Like a culture where it was okay to watch your wife or daughter take a shit.
Is this not ok today? I mean I suppose the shit fetishists are considered disgusting, but my gf has no issue with letting me in the bathroom while she's taking care of business.
Unless she's putting make up on. Then it's all "stop hogging the mirror" "stop teasing me" "go away, reeeeee".

Your own shit does contain stuff that the body really doesent want coming back in so its not really that healthy. Same with your own piss.

Scat fetishist trying to justify their fetish. We find it disgusting because other peoples shit is a potential threat. If humans went around playing with each others shit we would probably died out from diseases. Look at out breaks in history many have to do with unsanitary conditions and this is without people playing in shit. Secondly we are usually embaressed because shitting makes you vunerable so its unnerving to be watched in such a weak state by people you dont know or trust who are potential threats

I really hope this is b8.

yes because they belong to a certain place. eat a teaspoon of your own shit and we. will see mate

no was mate.
You think aids is a bacteria?

how old are you mate 8?

I was just looking at them when you called

no shit does not rhyme with get

Romans definitely used to chat while sitting in the latrines, like you might not mind chatting with a buddy while pissing.

Murrica.

This nigga

better bring your camera m8

I'm not into scat or anything disgusting like that but the idea of watching your wife shit and not caring is strangely arousing. Why is this the case?

Vulnerability

It's called intimacy, user. Fully letting your guard down with one another.

India

Are people really arguing over the benefits of eating their own shit? strewth....

>watching your wife shit [...] is strangely arousing
>I'm not into scat

Tbh I'm like him, I like women taking a shit but smearing and eating shit grosses me out infinitely.

>All bacteria is harmful.

Am I being baited? No, there are plenty of beneficial bacteria that won't turn on you even after your immune system falls. There are some bacteria, such as Clostridium Difficile that are neutral, but harmful when the rest of the gut flora get reduced in number, but majority of people don't have that bacteria, and C. difficile does not come naturally from your body but as a spore from the outside.

When you have AIDS and your immunity falls, it's bacteria and viruses from the outside that harm you, such as TB.

In fact, 90% of bacteria are either harmless or even beneficial. Stop talking shit and take a biology class

Was there ever a culture where public food consumption wasn't socially approved? it's so disgusting.

>what are dairy products

In modern conditions washing hands could be a "social construct", although things might begin as an "instinct". or it may begin as a "social construct" and become "instinct".

Without twin analysis, we can't do shit here.

But everything is a social construct. Like when a child is born, the child doesn't know how to get food, how to wash himself, how to dress, how to speak, or even how to fuck (humans and some other high apes are the only species that need to LEARN how to fuck instead of just knowing it instinctively like dogs). If you left a newborn alone and didn't teach him anything, eventually he would die. We aren't bees or ants, social constructs are what helps us survive.

They shared a sponge on a stick to wipe their bums with too

Yeah, people used to sit pretty close to each other as well, and nowadays we don't even like using a stall.

Pic related is a latrine in the baths of Sardis (I think).

>Was there ever a culture where defecation wasn't stigmatized?
My dad's house.

Veeky Forums confirmed for dumb dumb drooling retards playing with their poo poo for fun fun

Japan is also one of the cleanest and most civilized places on the planet so maybe a little shame now and then is a good if not great thing.

hippies are merely pacifistic barbarians though

i would love to watch my daughter take a shit though

>You haven't, because if you did, you'd be dead.
>Your own stomach Flora will kill you!11!!
If its your own fresh shit its relatively safe medically speaking

>if you don't shower you'll be dead by 30
I've never felt more alive normie, now get off my board

They do as far as many "intellectuals" today are concerned.