>this is the only subaru in my area for sale
What can you tell me about the outback sport

>lolheadgaskets
>lolsparkplugs
>lollesbians
shut up and buy a civic.

Spotted the memespouting nocar faggot.

don't listen to this meme spouting parrot

the outback sport has the elder god tier 2.2 liter EJ22. No head gasket issues, and the spark plugs are not at the end of the heads so they are easily accessible. also, lesbians prefer the outback and the forester.

Unreliable. You will bring shame upon your family.

Buy a corolla instead.

What exactly is it like scalewise? Is it just like the impreza sedan but with a hatch or is it more of a wagon like the legacy wagon
This one I found has been meticulously maintained it seems, even has proper documentation

impreza sedan with a hatch.
with that documentation, i wouldn't be worried at all. what is the asking price?

$3000.
Which is why I came here, most subarus are very expensive here because boy racer love them

Boy racers tend to only buttfuck the sedans. Most of the outbacks get relegated to moms

damn, even if it's auto that's a good deal.

dont get it op
they can't togue they can't race or track
too heavy, they are wagons
they suck

If you want an AWD hatch/wagon thing and it seems good, then why not get it?

outback : tricking kids into buying an unreliable wagon thinking it's the initial d sports car since 1995

if mine wasnt rusting to shit i'd swap a jdm spec ej20t into it. i love mine. owned for 6 years now have 191k on the clock. make sure timing belt is good and youll be good to go.

>tfw his dick so big you rip a fart

There was a manual Outback Sport in my area for 1100 and it's gone. Not sure if Subarus are my thing though.

At what point do these Subarus not have headgasket problems?

you forgot timing set

if it has the 2.2, it definitely won't be a race car, but those are lighter than the regular outbacks, so it'll be fine. the 2.2 might have more upgrade options that the 2.5, since it's based on the impreza engine. i can't remember if the 2.2 is an interference engine or not - that will indicate how much worry you should put in the timing belt. the 4eat is pretty reliable, as is the awd system. not as much cargo room as a regular outback, but probably still quit a bit if you lay the back seats down. if it's clean for $3000 and you want a subaru, there's really nothing wrong with that one. i kinda like the way the outback sport looks too.

it's shifty and slow lmao at your life

also, if you test drive it, take it to a parking lot and do slow circles in both directions with the wheel turned as far as it will go. if the car shudders or doesn't want to roll fairly freely around the circle, there is a problem with the awd. you should be able to pull a fuse to put the car in fwd only. that might help you as well.

Ive had mine for 4 months now and I love it, bought it for 1600 with 79k on it. 85k now. 5 speed, little rust in the rear wheel arches. Look for rust all over, pretty reliable so far. really nice chassis, not very fast but handles well and can drift it with ease in the snow. very functional interior. I love mine, 5mt is recommended

But is it better than a Miata or MR2?
The answer is NO

I'm not a Subaru fanatic but from what I recall early 2000's (2002 maybe) to just a couple years ago (2014?) suffered from headgasket problems.

then maybe you shouldn't try and give advice

Forgot to add I don't think all engines suffered from it, I think boosted models were particularly vulnerable.

Have you considered maybe killing your self?

>gets called out for giving advice based on misinformation
k-kill yourself

now how about winter?

if it was my only car, i would much rather have an outback sport.

>has never contributed to anything ever
>only knows how to shit post
s-shut up

god tier dd coming through

How do you have almost IDENTICAL rust spots on both your rear arches?

Winter isn't a thing, try again.

>Implying you need AWD to get through snow..

when did i mention winter?

Miata is better
Mr2 is better
Civic is better
Corolla is better
Says a lot that people would rather race a Toyota Paseo than that shit outback sport

Airconditioning evaporator clogs with debris easily, as does the evap drain.
Automatic transmission AWD torque split is 90/10 front bias. Manual is 60/40 front bias.
CV boots are prone to failure. CV's are strong though.
If it is a manual transmission and there is a noticeable chirp or whir when engaging first and it wants to stall, check the Dual Mass Flywheel. Failure of the adhesive between the surfaces of the flexible coupling causes these issues.
If it has the transfer case, make sure it cycles between low and high range easily. The linkages can seize fairly easily.
You can pull about another 50A from the factory charging system. More than that and the alternator will not keep up, it's only a little fella.
Front left steering ball joint collapses on the outback. Don't know why, but both Outbacks had the issue. A clunk while turning that is lower in pitch than the clunk of a failing CV is the dead giveaway.

My sister has this generation Outback, my old man has the generation following and my mum has a 2011 Forester. No major issues apart from the failed DMF on the old man's car. No Scooby Doos for me though, too cramped in the engine bay.

>outback sport literally a girls car

Nah no Outback sport just regular N/A Outbacks, but the issues are common between them.

Kill yourself and your non functioning hood scoop and your lesbian car that loses to civics at the track

> No Scooby Doos for me though, too cramped in the engine bay.

I see reading isn't your strong point.

Not my non functioning hood scoop. I only have two hood scoops, one fits this thing and the other the charge air cooler for the 1VD.

Why would you track an Outback? That's really judging the fish by it's tree climbing skill.

Why CAN'T you track an outback?

>compact AWD sporty car
i see no reason why it can't be picked up and tuned, probably a better platform than the civic nuts and they're still rocketing through

You can track anything from Testarossa to a tractor. I would think the somewhat vague steering and weight would work against you in the Outback. The automatic transmission in the earlier models is very lackluster and I don't think the chassis is adequately braced for high stress cornering. They are a great car for going off the beaten track with plenty of shit in the back and have proven themselves pretty reliable in my family's case.

Horses for courses, drive what you want.

>hey guys is the car decent?
>HURRR YOU CANT TRACK IT LOLCANTTURN BIX NOOD LOSE TO A CIVIC BLARRRGH OH SHIT IM LATE FOR THE BUS

but can it drift?
no?
is not performance car, would lose to fukin prelude lol

PRELUDE> OUTBACK
CAN'T BE THE NEXT TAKUMI IN THAT SHITTY THING OP

not OP but how would you even tune n outback sport? am interested

You dont

You forgot the Baja lel

They weigh around 3000 pounds. My 1990 legacy wagon handles very good. They have independent suspension all around and mine has all wheel disc brakes. The engines are immensely powerful... but just as powerful as a civic, corolla, mr2, or really any other little four cylinder of the time that wasn't a race car.

Subarus love that rear quarter panel rust

They're close to 2700-2800 , they're also smaller than your legacy

This picture looks like Wisconsin... but your plates don't look wisconsiny.

Ok, this is true. I drove a 300zx through a Wisconsin winter and was ok. My Subaru is much better though.

>My 1990 legacy wagon handles very good.
Compared to what, a truck?

to ur mum

>buying le pancake engine shitty AWD-might-as-well-be-FWD meme

Alphonse pls

IT'S IN THE NEWS THE FUCKING LODDERS ARE AFTER US
HIDE YOUR MACHINES

>EJ22
>unreliable

you dont need a rifle to kill a guy ether but it sure as fuck makes it a lot easier.

smells like old vaginal secretions: the car

how you keep finding me

I will NEVER forgive you for these posts. NEVER!!

FAG

REPORTED FOR HOMOPHOBIA!!!!!!

SLUT

DELETE THIS!!!!!!

literal but hurt

no u

o rly?

why the fuck you stealing my name you namefag

All you fucking need to DD an FR in the winter is weight in the back,and and LSD plus good tires.Take this from an user who daily drove a 50 year old 2WD truck in NW winters.Just put a few bags of kitty litter in the bed,and prayed the limited slip diff helped.It was so easy,apart from no heater and being easy on the brakes.

My IS has no extra weight in the back, no LSD (but traction control can brake individual wheels) and normal Nokian Hakka 8 tires. Pulls like a motherfucker.

>god tier
>rust bucket

cry more

Not even if you have a manual. I DD'd an '86 Volvo 240 (RWD, open diff, no TCS or ABS) through this last winter and managed fine with cheapo tires and my jack in the trunk

Prime candidate for an ej20t swap

DAM RAIGHT FAMALAN
GUANGUAN
LOWER IT
WEIGHT REDUCTION MAXIMUM
WIDE BODY KIT
SUSPENSION TUNING
AND FUCKING ROLLLL

But do the hoes get moist for your purple tiger stripe interior?

YOU KNOW IT BRO
THEN GO HANGOUT IN THE WALMART PARKING LOT
VAPING MAAAAAD CLOUDS BRO
TOTALLY GIVING HANDIES TO MY SUBIEBROS BRO

dude what? not cool

That interior would transform any woman's vagina into a desert.

I should mention I bought the car before winter started and used the extremely shitty and balding tires all winter with no problems, yes you don't need awd but damn does it make a difference. It's not winning any pulls but it grips like a motherfucker, OP really you can't go wrong with this, 3k is a lot though I paid 1600 for mine with 79k on odo and 5 speed, mine also has the best feedback from the pedals out of any car.. they have a weight to them that I love, actually feels like I'm moving something. Sorry for sideways

3k is a really good real, you're just an extreme outlier.

Mfw this thread

BRO?

How hard is it to find a SUS with the H6?

can that sport make freedom donuts for trump?
no?
Check mate. Get a Miata

Dude its a FWD fat ass wagon

hmm

>you will never be the next takumi in your 90s hatchback subaru
Godspeed, OP

Veeky Forums in a nutshell

You're just as bad

This thread is awful

Mine

but can you track it

Buy it for the chassis and nothing else. I've owned a 2000 5MT for a year or so now and yes, logic dictates that they aren't fast in stock form.