Why aren't you replacing all the heavy shit on your car with lightweight carbon fiber?

why aren't you replacing all the heavy shit on your car with lightweight carbon fiber?

>dat mpg
>dat elegant sporty look

nigga please, i had to make my onw gated shifter, we all know there ain't no carbon fiber parts available for my car.

What's your interior lined with? Lead?

>replacing surfaces with carbon fibre
>still having electric seat adjustments

Either try harder or don't even try.

"Carbon Fiber" for looks is just one layer of actual fiber and pressed plastic pellets to back it up.
Actual Carbon fiber doesn't look as good and is way to difficult to mass-produce.

It looks good in the R8. Idk how it would look in your average car.

That's why I always check the weight before ordering something.

>still has hood latch
>Still has seat adjuster
>Still has back seats
>Still has trunk lining
>Still has a spare tire and jack

Get gud

>gated shifter

While they do look really cool, they make shifting much slower and from what I've read they rattle like mad if the car didn't come with it stock

Because it's very expensive and hard to buy. Only bodypanels I've found for my NB Miata are mirrors, hood, trunk and hardtop.

Dat expense. Also, you'd get more 'performance' and 'mpgs' by just buying a manual instead.

I need most of the shit in my car to stay in my car. I'd probably gain more empeegees by taping over panel gaps.

Because my shitbox only weight 800kg.

Because I would rather spend the few thousand dollars that would cost me on a fun shitbox.

It came with my (used) car. No way in hell I would pay for the option.

>R-N-D

What is this?

Reverse - Neutral - Drive

Ok thank you

Why a neutral on a car with no gear?

Coasting? I dunno, honestly I think it's just a holdover from the first automatics where they just left it there to separate reverse and automatic.

im of the persuasion that you should just keep adding power until you can totally negate the stock weight then some

>reducing the weight of a g wagon

Pretty good idea desu. heh

Because sometimes you need to raise the RPM without sending power to the wheels, like when testing the alternator or jump-starting someone elses car, or generally testing.

because I have taste

the rattle is usually improper fitment or fabrication. do it right, and it won't rattle

shifting is indeed slower because you can't go diagonally.

>towing

>lighten your car
>not starting with losing weight yourself
>still being overweight in your fully carbon fiber car to the point the car leans to the drivers side

And then there all the fags that put carbon fiber vinyl wrap all over their parts ...

>Carbon Fiber
>elegant
LMAO