How does a taboo come to be? Why are taboos so powerful, and why does breaking taboos stir so much controversy?

How does a taboo come to be? Why are taboos so powerful, and why does breaking taboos stir so much controversy?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LGAU1ap1scc
youtube.com/watch?v=Z5DNTF3v4WY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Didn't this guy get arrested by the Malaysian government or something for insulting Islamd and Christianity?

Link to the video?

He got arrested for insulting Islam yes, a lot of people supported his freedom of speech.

Now he made this video for example, and people are turning against him, saying he went too far.

youtube.com/watch?v=LGAU1ap1scc

Thanks. have a rare Jeb

Wait wasn't the video in pic related satire?

He deserves it to be honest. He's just some normie fag who's annoying as shit and just decided to jump on the anti-feminist bandwagon. Literally nothing of value would be lost if he got killed in prison.

I dont think it was

Are you muslim?

No, I just despise and wish bad things on annoying people.

god i fucking hate this kid, he's the most edgelordy obnoxius autist i've come across

I really hate international media. First they say we 'oppress' him when he gets arrested, he gets interviews with cnn and other major networks, but now when he does shit like this not one of them condemns him

Wasn't this the kid who insulted his country's most beloved leader who had recently died? Seems like a real contrarian.

I like him because he BTFO a so called 'moderate muslim'

youtube.com/watch?v=Z5DNTF3v4WY

>beating your wife with a really thin stick is ok, like disciplining a child
>anal sex is harmful
>what IS did in orlando was bad, because it was during ramadan

i too liked the guy at first, but following his twitter for a month made me go from wanting to help him with legal fees to me looking forward to his incarceration

What made you guys assume from the outset that his arrest was unwarranted? Your american/european values? The big bad asian government?

Genuinely curious, because if people bothered to read more into the case from the outset rather than whatever was reported, they would have seen he was a dick right from the start.

Taboos are whatever the majority of people strongly dislike. People give strong negative reactions to actions they strongly dislike. An action that most people strongly dislike will receive a very great amount of negative feedback.

CRAAAAAWLING IIIIIIN MY SKIIIIIIIN

Sounds like a feminist. I wish problematic people were sent to prison and murdered too.

Society: "Molesting children is wrong!"
Libertarians: "ACTUALLY..."

"...IT'S A BASIC HUMAN RIGHT THAT THE FOUNDING FATHERS WOULD'VE WANT BUT DIDN'T GET TO!"