/sthg/ - Sonic the Hedgehog General

Welcome to Sonic the Hedgehog General. Let's talk about Sonic games, old and new, and the entire franchise including animation and comics. Share art, music, talk about new developments, discuss ROM hacks, speedrunning, etc.

/sthg/ - #515 - Heroes Edition

>Link CompilationDrawfag/Writefag Idea WallsNews/DevelopmentsRecent Releases

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HOLHUHb4E_o
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

fast

egg

4th for best girl

Has anyone made a 3D model of Bump yet? People could do some interesting things with that.

WHAT GOES UP, MUST COME DOWN

HERE MY FEEL DON'T TOUCH THE GROUND

So why aren't you making a Sonic clone, /sthg/?

How does Katella like her eggs?

freshly laid

>HERE MY FEEL

Ayyy

I started making a tails adventure clone, but then I got sidetracked. Still on my todo list, though...

For the user who asked for Bump.

Off to bed, guess I'll be drawing kitties tomorrow.

She's incredible.
Good job.

I have a shit ton of projects on the backburner already and the list only grows larger. Playing with graphic engines is on my to do list as well, so... EVENTUALLY.

Jesus Christ. You guys when through two thread while I was sleeping. The general is fast as fuck recently.

>Those bumps

Can you maybe draw Penelope the Hedgehog from AoStH, please?

So I finally got caught up on everything. Looks like 2017 will be a good year for Sonic.
Anyone else think Skelly draws Sally and Nicole like shit? I know every artist has a couple of characters they can't really get into or draw as well as others but those two just look like pure ass.

Her Sally is hit or miss. Sometimes she draws the nose too long and her center face stripe too wide. Haven't seen enough of her Nicole to judge.

Someone started, but it never got finished. Wish they'd at least dumped their progress somewhere.

Hey, that's pretty good. Thanks user.

Also, that reminds me
>tfw tomorrow is /sthg/'s birthday
>tfw no one will remember because the anniversary party has all the attention
>tfw I'm still completely BTFO by it too so I can't be too upset

Anyway, goodnight user.

Why isin't anyone making the Sonic Megadrive fan Game

I don't like her take on them either

But Sally looks like shit no matter who draws her.

Her face looks a bit too duck-ish though.

>Lah is there

Color me surprised

Was bound to get meme'd on at least once.

Those bumps are heading for orbit!

I would if I wasn't already committed to a Sonic clone

Whoever makes the next thread just make sure to mention it. It'd be nice to have a few birthday pics though.

>YFW Mania includes zones from the Megadrive Comic

That and the #500 party not long ago probably means it won't be a big deal.

Yeah, it needs to be included in the OP, that's for sure. We'll see if we get new stuff. I'm still so happy and satisfied that I don't mind either way right now.

Y or N?

That is infuriating. That looks like a great start. I hate it when people start something, not finish it, but still selfishly keep it to themselves. If you're not going to finish it, let someone else do it if they want.

YYYYYYYYYYYY

KYS

lewd

I feel like doing a couple of amy requests. Maybe with blaze too.
Kinda in the mood for slightly lewd. Nothing to the point of nudity or sex stuff. Just suggestive.

If that's what you're implying then they have some Rayman shit going on

Hey, /sthg/. I'm thinking about writing a fanfic or something.

I wrote one once before, but it ended with sonic cradling a gallon of ice cream while his friends died in grotesque ways around him. To this day I regret writing it, but I'm thinking about giving writing another try.

I'm wondering if there are any writefags here who have some dos and don'ts for me (other than the obvious "just don't do it"). I learned a bit about what not to do from my prior fic, but I'm afraid of making a terrible mistake again.

Unless, the best tip is to just not start, in which case I'll probably trust your judgement.

Amy as Hammer Man

Well, I'm not accomplished writefag but I type a bunch. The easiest two that come to mind for me would be to keep things at a good pace and not just vomit everything out at one moment. The other would be to do show, not tell. But don't go overboard and do purple prose.

Go for it.
I can proof read and/or grammar check for you if you like.
Wrote my own fanfic a few weeks back. I thought I did terrible but nearly all the reviews so far have been positive.

Why not Honey and Blaze, for some double pussy

Do: look through the writefag idea wall because it's even more neglected than the drawfag idea wall.

Any other advice would be general writing advice, since that's a pretty open ended question.

Big would approve.

I do agree amy is best girl

Something for /sthg/'s forgotten 2nd birthday

Amy and Blaze wearing only long shirts (like Harley Quinn and Poison Ivy did in the "Harley and Ivy" episode of Batman TAS), with heavy implications of them being each other's girlfriends.

When writing your fanfic, don't make Sonic cradle a gallon of ice cream while his friends die in grotesque ways around him.

Otherwise, go nuts.

Draw amy like cammy from street fighter.

Blaze rubbing sunscreen on Amy's back.

>You're a hedgehog like Sonic, right? What happened to your back quills?

youtube.com/watch?v=HOLHUHb4E_o

This chick does a sweet cover.
Check it out.

"Oh, they kept getting in the way of my dresses, so I had them shaved off. Spikes are mostly for the guys anyway.....uh...Blaze, your hands are getting a bit low back there....."

1. Get your idea first, either one that you came up with or take a try at something from the writefag wall.

2. Before you start writing, plan it out. Develop an outline that hits the main points you want to have. If details strike you, jot them in. This way you won't forget good ideas.

3. Try to keep the characters in mind. The less OOC the action is, the more likely the story will be well-received. You can certainly play around with this point the most.

4. Last but not least, PROOFREAD. Spellcheck is your friend, and don't be afraid to ask for someone else to review it before you send it out into the wild. You may even want to wait a day, THEN reread so you can be looking at it with fresh eyes. You WILL catch things you missed he first time around.

Those are the tips I can think of off the top of my head, but they're the ones I keep in mind when I write.

I just started learning about game maker last month, but I'm making a generic platformer first

Holy shit I forgot that Dimps likes to put random enemies right out of no where in the Advance games. They ones who shoot projectiles at the right time are also annoying.

I rather learn to draw my own stuff first so I don't have to rely on crappy sprites.

C-continue...

>When writing your fanfic, don't make Sonic cradle a gallon of ice cream while his friends die in grotesque ways around him.
It was supposed to be satire of erotic fanfiction, but it went very wrong. I won't be trying to do that again.

I took a look at the writefag idea wall, and nothing really struck my fancy. I think I'll just go with my own shitty ideas.

Also, I should have been more specific. I was hoping for some tips on how to make me not hate myself as I write what could very well be some cringey shit. How do I make sure it doesn't get inadvertently cringey?

Thank you for the offer. If I produce something that I feel like isn't absolute trash, I'll share it with you guys (unless you guys would rather I don't, which I wouldn't blame you for).

Thank you for the tips! I'm happy with my competence/skills with spell checking and proof reading.

Sorry for the mass reply.

>Sonic Jam
>6 games and one bonus game.

>Sonic Mania
>One game, number of characters is irrelevant since Jam has multiple playables as well.

Defend this

>I was hoping for some tips on how to make me not hate myself as I write what could very well be some cringey shit
That's fanfiction in a nutshell, though, let's be honest.
Obviously your inner critic will make it worse than it actually is. As long as you stay true to character personalities you'll be fine. Avoid OC's to make it easier to avoid cringe.

Sonic jam was just a compilation of games. Sonic Mania is an original game.

Indeed.

She really has a nice body.

Why not call Sonic Mania Sonic OnePlus because that's all it is?

I thought people were bullshitting but it really is a Sega Sanctioned romhack

That's a good point. Thanks user!

"...ah I see.....that's fine then....just relax Amy, I need to concentrate. It's important your body is covered, after all, you don't want to get burnt.......by me......do you?......"

Amy straddling the pole of her hammer with her panties hanging off the end.

>Sonic OnePlus
Because it's based on 1, 2, 3 and CD.

Blaze and Amy in towels at the sauna

If only I had talent and could draw.

Nah, they're bullshitting. You just fell for it is all. Good job, champ.

>tfw Sonic Mania will still be inferior to S3+K due to lack of zones and sound test

Because it has several original zones on top of a handful of remixed ones from each of the classic games.

>Bump got dem Humps

>mfw originally reading that post

>tfw one game will be inferior to two games

Looks pretty fucking good

>Sonic skies of arcadia
Please tell me there is art of sonic drawn like vyse, aika, fina, etc.

To what are you referring?

Last night's Off-Panel got me craving Amy and Blaze in flight attendant uniforms preferably with short skirts.

Mania

It's still too soon to try to surpass the best 2D game man, but this is a good start.
It's like expecting 17 to be as relevant as Adventure was.

Sonic Mania won't have 13 zones not including bonus boss stages.

Damn it will be inferior to Freedom Planet too

Amy pulling Marylin Monroe's "Happy Birthday, Mr. President" on Sonic

Please tell me you're retarded.

Night is nice

It'll have 10 Zones at the very least judging by the "longer than Generations" comment.

No it won't. The trailer alone is proof enough of that. It's not hard to be better than a definitively shit game. :^)

user delivered!
EGGMAN! I mean, MADMAN!
Great pic.

Amy doing karoke with Guts Man from Mega Man