/evog/ - Evolve General /

Are Monsters Humans? Edition

store.steampowered.com/app/273350/
evolve.wikia.com/wiki/Evolve_Wiki

>What is Evolve?
Evolve uses an asymmetrical structure where five players, four playing as hunters and one as the monster, battle against each other in an industrialized alien planet called Shear.
Stage 2 is the transition to Free To Play + a lot of gameplay changes.

>What's new?
evolveupdates.com/stage2/

>I heard the game was dead?
It was, ~200 players on Steam and little to no updates from the developers. If F2P can bring it back is unknown, but as of right now 18k people are playing it.

>Should I "get" it?
It's free. 18GB. Download and test it out.

>F2P Model?
Every week, four hunters (one of each class) and one monster will be in the free rotation. There are currently 24 Hunters and 7 Monsters in total. By playing the character tutorials, you unlock one hunter (Markov) and one monster (Goliath) to keep forever.

Additional monsters, hunters, perks, and skins are unlocked by earning silver keys. Silver keys are earned by playing the game, leveling up, or getting login bonuses. Currently you can't actually buy silver keys, presumably so they can test the unlock rate, but that's coming later.

There is also a monthly login bonus punch card. You get one punch for each day you log in. Beyond silver keys, this can directly award new Hunters and Skins.

>What if I don't want to grind for characters and perks?
You can buy the game and it to gives your account full founder benefits, which gives you 30k keys and most characters.

>Microtransation?
None as of yet.

>Steam group:
steamcommunity.com/groups/evolvevg

>Perk info(Inc. how to unlock them)
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=721252371

>Patch info:
steamcommunity.com/games/273350/announcements/detail/609493948032159746

Canon Stories:
talk.turtlerockstudios.com/t/evolve-hunter-stories-canon-latest-story-kalas-story/25399

Old shit

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

first for the thunderchild

Evolves balancing team is worse than KF2's team.

>every 60 seconds the monster doubles back and "jukes" the entire team that takes another 40 seconds to require his new tracks
>Monster is Stage 3!

Look we can be cunts and >imply back and forth all night but the fact of the matter is Monsters have too much fucking mobility right now and Evolve far to quickly if the Hunters are not directly up and through their assholes as a Seal team 6 hive mind. I'm fine with having to follow tracks and actually "hunt" as long the monster isn't Stage 3 every single match while an entire map away from the blood hound old fashion hunter trackers.

>rouge Val, Hank, griff and Parnell comp
>after a hard won fight I win
>game skips the end screen and immediately goes back to match making
>didn't get shit
Quality work trs

He can't fucking juke you if the trapper does his job and uses his tools which are in his kit for a reason. If playing Griffin, for instance, you should be laying sound spikes in case the monster tries to juke you.

You are describing a "problem" that is entirely reliant on the performance of the hunter team. And it's not like juking is easy in any case, as it requires you to sneak, which is slow and doesn't do much to visually hide you.

You are literally supporting the casualization of the game because you feel like actually hunting down the monster is too hard for the hunters.

it's not that the monsters have too much mobility, it's that hunters are too slow now after their movement speed nerfs from Legacy to S2. monsters used to have shorter cooldowns on traversals outside of combat and longer cooldowns inside of combat, same with abilities.
Some abilities cooled down TWICE as fast IN combat, than out of combat. for example, warp blast was 10s out of combat, 5s in combat.
They've pretty much removed most of this though and unified it so instead of it being 10 and 5, it's 7. This means monsters are much faster overall with less cooldowns on traversals and abilities + they slowed hunters down by 10% base which makes you feel slow as fuck now.

Nigger read
I would LOVE to actually Hunt.

The issue is at the current pace of games, slowing down Hunters means Monsters will hit stage 3 every single match most without a single doming.

Monsters are too fast and evolve too quickly. I don't enjoy having a big red arrow pointing to the monster but I also don't like endlessly chasing a Wraith moving at the speed of FUCK for 7 minutes while never getting a chance to engage. Or God willing we get a dome one fight and POOF fucking gone in the wind against until they want to fight.

So what exactly is your problem with going back to the way things used to be, which is what I have been arguing for this whole time?

I'VE BEEN HERE A WEEK

I don't know what it was like before. I fucking know that removing scanner at this point would mean 98% monster win rates.

Yo, Jack is pretty fun. And I have a pretty good winrate with him at level 40. Why do people consider him bad again?

Takes more effort than other trappers to use effectively.

Because tracker isn't just finding the monster anymore. You need to CC the monster so fucking hard now. Jack is alright tho. But he isn't as good as other trackers.

That explains a lot, then. Things used to be so much better.

The dome was on a static timer, hunters were faster, monster could actually skulk about and juke if he was good. Stage one fights were rare and if they happened, it usually meant the monster would lose because he got caught way too early.

Overall it was an experience much more reminiscent of an actual hunt. The only genuinely good change that Stage 2 brought with it was the ability for all hunters to dome.

Monster already has 98% win rates.

Monster will almost always win against a pug hunter team.

A premade hunter team will almost always win against the monster.

Its been that since forever.

The solution to monster mobility is to increase the amount of energy they need to evolve, not to slow them or the hunters down.

Another, better solution is to randomize wildlife spawns and locations. Once you learn the optimal route for each map, you will basically always get to at LEAST stage 2 before a dome, regardless of what the hunter team does. If you're able to juke even ONCE then you can get to stage 3 before even seeing the hunters.

To clarify, Griffin is getting nerfs soon so Jack will probably take his place in the top 3 trackers

>enter hunt queue
>Have Medic preference, 3 guys with Assault preference and one with Trapper preference
>get Support

Did I just get memed

yes

and remove infinite spawning wildlife, it's fucking stupid.
A behemoth should not be able to sit in the corner of a cave the entire game and literally go from stage 1 > 3 there because food literally does not stop spawning out of thin air. There's nothing the hunters can do other than charge into the cave with the behemoth to fight him and suddenly get dunked on because the terrain is fucking awful for hunters and amazing for behemoth.

You don't even need a full pre-made to shit on the monster. I play with a pal of mine and we rarely lose our matches against monsters.

>there's nothing the hunters can do
Literally sit outside it and ride the timer, you moron.

If the timer runs out, the monster loses, and Behemoth is extremely easy to beat even at stage 3, unless you're fighting him in a fucking tunnel. Just sit at the fucking objective, all of which are fairly open, and dunk his belly weakspot when he shows up.

I don't really understand why the timer makes the monster lose though, DESU. Do monsters have an extremely short lifespan and they drop dead after 15 minutes? If so then a fucking fruit fly lives longer, jesus.

The monsters are there to destroy the expensive equipment that settlements have. Theyre the aggressors. If they arent aggressing they lose

Maybe they glass the area after that time?

They blast the section of the planet.

After so long the very expensive "thingy" has it's full shield online and is indestructible to the local Monster.

Gameplay abstraction nigga, it could be for any reason. Here's some:
1. The area is glassed.
2. Military reinforcement comes.
3. The planet/area is evacuated, so they just pack up and leave considering they're there for that instead of stopping the monster threat altogether.

the issue is that enough wildlife was spawning for him to stage up from that one tiny area for him to hit stage 3 with 2 minutes left, and I can promise you he could travel those 200m to the relay from his spot in less than 2 minutes.

By the time he got there we had 70 seconds left and we had no choice but to engage otherwise he destroys the relay. and from there we chunked out all but 3 bars before we died and he won. we had a Caira hank parnell abe

What perks should I go for on:

Cabot
Griffin
Crow
Abe
Markov
Hyde
Lennox

and Goliath?

Just look here and see which perks pique your fancy the most.

how long do you think stage 2 will last?

How long will the playerbase last before we sink to the dead game zone?

2-3 months.

3 months if they don't pull some really big fucking changes.

or longer if they do pull some really big changes that are actually good.

Rereleasing the other game modes and getting Behemoth back out would be a good way to extend the lifespan
Do we have any word on those yet, or is TRS still too busy fucking up the balance

It’s the Nutshack! (Yee, yee)

It’s the Nutshack! (What he say?)

It’s the Nutshack! (Oh, yes! Yeeeah)

It’s the Nutshack! (Hey, I got the Nutshack!)

It’s the Nutshack! (‘The fuck you say, boyee?)

It’s the Nutshack! (It’s the Nutshack!)

It’s the Nutshack! (It’s the Nutshack!)

It’s the Nutshack! (It’s the Nutshack…)

It’s the Nutshack! (Hey!)

It’s the Nutshack! (Piece a’ nuts!)

It’s the Nutshack! (Whoooa!)

It’s the Nutshack!

Hoo-ugh!

Phil’s from the stone, Jack’s from the pier,

Horatio or Horat so beer!

Tito Dick “Dickman”, baby!

He hates Phil and loves the ladies.

Jack’s cool-ass lazy, he’s still learnin’.

Number one Cherry Pie, still a virgin.

Chita, meet da freak of da weekah!

Phil’s homegirl that Jack wanna keep her,

But that’s not happenin’, either!

Shakin’ like a seizure, hold up, boys

and spark this, take a breather.

With that reefer in my lungs,

I got grapes, what you watchin’, son?

It’s the Nutshack! (Yah!)

It’s the Nutshack! (AAAAARRRGH!)

It’s the Nutshack!

It’s the Nutshack!

Behemoth is supposedly a few weeks away or some shit. Buckets lines from the other modes are glitching in so soon?

I was wondering about that. I thought it was some relics from Stage 1 where he said random shit about med supplies, drones, and fighters. Yet that was all he said and the next 15 seconds was silence.

Jack's nerf is pretty substantial

Ah thanks man, this is really helpful.

I put it in the OP for a reason

Is Slim good?

You've been OP cucked

Now jerk off in the corner while I fuck this Wraith and tell me how it feels

>parnell
found your problem

He's at his weakest right now, his spore cloud does jack and he could only reliably heal if the Monster isn't focusing him, which will NOT happen because he has no functional self-defense ability.

Expect reworks to happen.

parnell is amazing against bob. he's a huge fucking target with a bigass weakpoint who can't jump away from you when you drug up. No other assault comes even close to matching a parnells dps against bob, not even blitz.

Lenny?

Fuck you Tyrone, Gorgon is the better waifu anyway, 1000 times more fertile

>playing goliath against a hank
>he just flies around with seemingly endless jet fuel out of reach shielding the medic or whoever is eating my attacks

wow real fun

all of his abilities can interrupt her combo chain, plus she's been hit pretty hard by the nerfbat over the past 7 months. she's gone from 550 a punch to 350, and it really shows.

against a hank I tend to wail on the trapper first and make hank waste most of his shields keeping me from dmging them then go straight for medic

Or, you know, you could zone hank and kill him then medic. after that it's an easy win

>game is shit because im bad
Nice post

>zone hank while he's flying in the air with infinite jetpacks
>zone hank and then he'll just shield himself and get healed by medic

?

Guy named aa running some superman bullshit cheats that let him one hit kill shit. Dodge if up against him.

this game is literally
if slim/laz > Focus medic fuck everything else = win
if anyone else > focus support = win.
The fact that the only two medics that counter this focus the support meta are both fucking awful pisses me off so much,

>zone hank while he's flying in the air with infinite jetpacks
That's pretty much impossible unless there's Sunny, but he's Hank so that's out. It could also happen if:
a) He's fucking good, or
b) You suck.
Stop spamming abilities so he can jetpack out of the way, bait him into spending it and charge his ass into a wall/corner. If even then he can still get out, stop using Leap Smash mindlessly so he can jetpack out of your legs.

Maybe if that cunt val didn't INSTANTLY HEAL TO FULL we wouldn't have to focus the stupid support huh.

You do know he doesn't actually have infinite jetpacks and shields, right? Like, you can't be this bad at the game. The monster WILL down someone if he focuses them, it's not like he has cloak anymore to hide

No way, only supports you should be focusing over any healer besides Rogue Val are Hank and Sunny.

What is 'getting good' for $200

>You do know he doesn't actually have infinite jetpacks and shields, right?
It's possible though, cheating is literally not punishable in this game.

you mean the only two supports that are worth taking? Hm. Interesting.

I'm betting that guy is just a shit player though. Sure, cheats were always an issue, but come on user, we both know he's just bad

>2 games in a row have been infested with cheaters
>one game on the monster side and another with probably all 3 motherfuckers on my team cheating
Shit, this game actually makes me want to write my essay due in literally one day.

>being a child

I'm 22 and in college.

i'm telling you, he was in the air for ungodly amounts of time it was ridiculous

>actually feeling the need to defend yourself
>22
kek

full rocket man/lord/king perks and the 45% reduced fuel usage buff and sunny means you dont come down for quite a while

I'm the most insecure person I've met.

So then he was cheating. how are you so retarded to not be able to figure that out? Don't come here and whine about something being unbalanced when it's that obvious

Learn to read dude, he said the guy was playing hank.

Guy said he was Hank and the buffs don't stack with perks.

you clearly haven't played against the hank sunny val laz comp I see. Pretty hard comp to get through

I want a mode that makes this possible. Let it have the monster pick their abilities too so we can get Wraith with rock throw/spider trap/decoy/lightning strike for ultra-cancer.

Nah man, that's nothing. Just run the double Gorgon combo and they can't do anything about it.

I want to make Wraith scream in pleasure while i kiss her neck.

Rank 29 Jack, almost there.
Which Trapper should I do next?
Crow and Abe look fun

What's it like dealing with autism user?

Its horrible

found the screen i got of him, he would stay up high for an obscene amount of time

he did this every fight multiple times

Do goliath's melee attacks knock down hunters on the ground like m. goliaths?

we get it, you're literally a retard for thinking "wow, how suspicious that he's up there for so long. oh well, better go whine on Veeky Forums"

i was just commenting how fun it was to fight someone who did this and simultaneously shielded his teammates

guess i should've just zoned him better right famalam

only heavies for any class should do that. lights should not cause any issue anymore.

>famalam
ah, so you're underaged and cancer. congrats.

No, that's if you're going against someone who is playing the game fair. You are actually retarded for thinking that what he was doing is part of the game. Don't project yourself here.

>People actaully defend monster being literally three times as fast as hunters
>Monster can literally cross from one side of a map to the other in the span of maybe 20 seconds while it takes hunters a solid minute
>Hur hur just git gud at catching the monster :^)

>can't understand irony and gets triggered at a word

i only started playing the game 2 days ago, i have no clue what he was doing. some dudes said it was him stacking perks, another guy said cheating. i don't know if what he is doing is achievable by legitimate means so i posted here about it.

>you are retarded
>don't project yourself

where was there any projection in my post? maybe you're the underaged one here my man

This has been a thing since before stage 2. I see no point in complaining about it here

>i'm new dont be mean to me
It's not even about being new to the game, it's about common fucking sense. you honestly sat there and believed that an enemy flying in the sky literally forever is balanced to you?

>projecting even harder
Listen kid, it's not okay to be cancer ironically because at some point, which I'm sure you've long passed, it becomes normal. So once again, congrats kid, you're cancer.

hunters were faster and monsters were slower before stage 2.

You almost had to have no experience in the game to get caught out from the hunters though. At least now the cat and mouse shit is gone.

Because people still won't fucking get it.
Slow the monster down or make the hunters faster. I should not literally have to spend an entire minute chasing a monster that has 40 fucking seconds of lead time on me and by the time I fucking catch it, it's stage 2, or 3, or it's destroying the relay.

It's fucking garbage.

there was no more than 3 directions a monster could go, most monsters followed the optimal feeding routes to stage up as quick as possible. In some maps there were only 2 routes the monster could go from spawn, that meant it was a 50/50 chance to catch the monster innately. Daisy would track the monster and bark when nearby, Gobi had BULLSHIT levels of detection range, griffins sound spikes could easily section off 85% of the map with proper placement.

Birds spawned every 3-5 times you ate not in a cave giving the hunters your exact position allowing them to fan out along the chokepoints you'd need to move through to get out of the area.
It was pretty easy to hunt the monster if you were half decent hunters.

i never said he was in the sky forever

don't respond to my posts anymore until you improve your reading comprehension, thanks

Hey man, not that user but next time just keep the blog stuff for your blog instead of posting about it here, that's all. Thanks.

>It was pretty easy to hunt the monster if you were half decent hunters
This is just wrong. A decent monster won't get trapped, break trees, leave footprints, etc. You do know it's pretty difficult to find a good monster without a daisy, right? I will agree gobi was top tier though.

Griffin's sound spikes weren't good until the sneak update.

You're not even trying at this point. You're still an underaged retard who can't even defend as to why he was so stupid he thought that was legit.

>literally any game
>"boy this guy isn't taking any health. I'm sure he's just REALLY, REALLY good at the game"
You're just free (you)'s at this point

>samefagging

Goliaths are so much fucking fun famm. Losing rank after I win is not

i told you: stop replying to my posts. right now.

come on man it isnt a blog i just wanted some insight from people who've been playing longer than i have

How do i properly tackle getting focussed as Caira while being able to healnade my allies?