/EDFG/

>Why'd you join the EDF? Edition.

>go here for weapons list, english version is in dropdown at top and button at bottom switches table to show availability by level and difficulty
weapon.edf.jpn.com/4-1/?p=r

>EDF 4.1 is out on Steam now! Sweet playable framerates even when the entire screen is filled with enemies. If you missed the sale you're already square.
store.steampowered.com/agecheck/app/410320/

Discord
discord.gg/Zf4dKwC

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=n5qfWt1ACBw
youtube.com/watch?v=BpL1EzMTyDI
youtube.com/watch?v=y4hr-XC9ucE
steamcommunity.com/id/Snowba11
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

first for
>tfw never managed to fix my armor after somebody cheated it up to 15,000 so I have to manually adjust it every couple of missions to keep it at the right balance between too easy and too hard

>/edfg/

Finally someone noticed.

guys, i need help. is there any way to unfuck my armor value? i just play an online game and theres that.

There should be a cheat table out to unfuck armor soon enough.

Be wary of the foe more powerful than insects.
The hacker!
The EDF's only defense is back up saves!
Be sure to back up those saves soldiers!!

If we live through this I'll buy you lunch!

youtube.com/watch?v=n5qfWt1ACBw
mandatory

youtube.com/watch?v=BpL1EzMTyDI
>Better version.

There's no way to heal NPC unless you're a ranger, right?
Also, do they take orders at all? they always follow me despite telling them to stay, or am I using the wrong command maybe?
These fuckers are so dumb, yeah man, walk right in front of me while I'm shooting my big ass hand cannon at those Hectors up ahead. I have yet to get there, but they die really fast on hardest and inferno because of friendly fire, don't they.

Yes.
No. Yes, they always follow you.

>playing level 3 on hard mode with a friend and one other random
>guy joins our room as an air raider with over 1400 HP
>yeah, fuck you, I dont feel like having my save fucked up

>kick player

>join level 3 room on hard mode to level up my fencer
>joins as a buffed air raider that I used to clear the game
>I'm kicked before I can do anything
So many retards on the servers.

Does the armor you collect work for every class or just the one you collect with?

>1400hp
bruh

Just the class.

It's per class. Armor acquisition rates go in order from WD, AR, Ranger, then Fencer with the best armor gain per crate.

Guys, is there supposed to be stunlocking in the game?

I keep noticing that if I get hit rapidly in succession, no matter what the damage is, it eats my wing diver's momentum. eg queen diahrrea shit clouds, laser knees, laser birds. Pretty much anything that does rapid fire and hits will turn me into a cripple.

Yes.

Happens to fencer too, getting hit with some stuff affects dashing negatively, sometimes so hard you can get stuck on the spot and die if you're not paying attention.

I wonder if the whole dash cancelling for Fencer was intended, or if they were really expecting people to move at their regular speed, like Fencer NPCs do.

It wasn't intended, but they let it slide. The devs are cool like that.

First for N U K E S

>using nukes in Japan

Now I wonder if they ever make a new game, will they "fix" dash cancelling and maybe rework dash so you can spam it within some limit, or force you to move at those ridiculous speeds.

If you get hit enough while stunlocked you will be knocked down as well. Always be aware if you are losing speed as a Diver and push that thruster button to escape from going stationary. The only solution for very heavy barrages like from dual MG Hectors is to just shoot at them a bit.

They should make Fencers not that slow in the first place. Let them be fast and can dash around without needing cancelling but has to stand still to use their weapons effectively. Meanwhile the Ranger can move at a decent pace while attacking so that all balances out. Add sprinting to the Ranger so that he doesn't have to roll around to get fucking EVERYWHERE.

NPC Fencers would be pretty neat if they dashed around all over the place due to the above changes. Everyone that isn't a Diver will still have pathing problems unfortunately.

In the next game the Fencers can fly like Wing Divers and can equip Whale's 150mm cannons.

lmao that is literally just a normal run.

They should just add a sprint mode for the fencer.
Add a huge delay to go in and out sprint mode, something like 4s each time, and deactivate all weapons.

That would allow for easy positioning.

That annoys the fuck out of me, too, they even jump infront of me to intercept my air shots.

I sincerely doubt there will be any fix for the AI, firstly because port, second because japs don't do that sort of thing. It's usually release it then ignore.

If you're afraid of danger close explosions, don't approach them in the first place. And, if you have to, simply put them down. I'm sure command will forgive you for mag-dumping your buddies.

I want to back up my savegame and config settings. Do I only need to copy the contents of C:\Users\guy\Documents\My Games\EDF4.1 or is there more elsewhere?

>doing the first mission as a fencer
>seeing the literal wall of ants storming across the park.
>mfw GET SOME GET SOME GET SOME with the starter gatling gun

this game is too fucking good

>1400hp
>thinks it's from hacking
Holy shit you must have like half an hour in the game and your head full of bullshit from /v/ to be that retarded

What's the best vehicle series and why is it the Gigantus?

>Not enough wing divers.

Most obnoxious enemy?

Ants&Spiders.
when they are match with any other enemy it becomes a shit show.

tfw all your friends are dead and you are trapped in a tunnel awaiting your death

Fast-moving Hectors
Although if you're in a vehicle and they get on you they'll basically kick you away from them. Other than that they just straight kill you as fast as they can move.

>wing divers in mission 3 coming in with the lightest armor possible.

finally rolling through that footage?

That's not the correct name for the king

I made a video, hope it's alright.

youtube.com/watch?v=y4hr-XC9ucE

>air raider farming
>doing mission 2 on inferno despite only being upto mission 20 on normal
>suddenly, level 45 mecha with flamethrowers and should shotguns drops
>steamroll the next 20 missions on hard because of it

It does make me wonder if one class ends up more powerful than the others as attempting to farm with my ranger and fencer was much more difficult.

I'm too busy trying to understand what sort of cult following we had for Balam.

Every class has its own strengths and weaknesses. Fencer is a little harder to handle at first because hes squishy and under someone who hasn't gained the equipment to shield cancel effectively.

>Vegalta Firelord on Crimson Inferno
>melting ants then blowing them away with canister shot
It's a magical feeling.

thats pretty much EDF in a nutshell.

I've got 1.5k on my fencer, not hacking. Finished hard as well as doing other missions multiple times. Also got 800 on air raider. Manchild up you faggot

Balam is love Balam is life.
Balam punches for your sins.

Is there a scenario in 4.1? I keep hearing about cutscenes, but all I have in games are people talking and crying over the radio.

there is a beginning cut seen in mission 1 and I think one at the end of the final mission. other than that you have to keep up on the story though the NPC radio. just be ready for a whole lot of "THE PINNACLE OF EVOLUTION" from doctor "shit my pants"

From the looks of it that should be all. Haven't tried testing that yet myself though.

Now, I DO want a save editor just so I there is an easy way to give myself all the lower level weapons and some decent amount of health for my neglected classes. Grinding all this shit is a serious pain but I don't mind earning the higher level weapons. Screw being legit I want to honorcheat to skipgrind without going to ludicrous HP.

Why do they even allow that guy on the radio? He's demoralizing.

I AM DOCTOR
VERY SPECIALIZED IN GIANT INSECTS

I HAVE SOME ADVICE
THOSE GIANT INSECTS ARE VERY DANGEROUS

Nothing is as demoralizing as the radio on the City of Horrors Mission. Nothing but screaming over the radio. EVERYONE IS BURNING. YOU BASTARDS

Haven't played that one yet.

IT IS TRULY THE PINNACLE OF EVOLUTION TO HAVE READ THIS IN MY VOICE!

EU players where+ Can't be arsed to play alone. Also, I'm stuck on mission 11 hard, the one where the drones swarm the fuck out of everything.

Arm hound any good? I love lock on multi-target missiles.

Also, side question, are there any Macross-tier cluster missiles?

THERE'S NO WAY WE CAN WIN!

Try the High Altitude Launchers. Arm Hounds aren't that great.

Also the closest thing I have gotten to cluster missiles are the Blood Storms. The only other option is the Self Propelled Missile Launcher for the Air Raider.

nice

join the EDF discord. get some steam names.
Direct joins through steam aren't region locked.

>join the EDF discord
No, fuck that.

I tried.
Die alone or face pub hacks.

i can try to help if you like, not EU but invites ignore region anyway
steamcommunity.com/id/Snowba11

That wasn't me, but I've never done this discord stuff, I will give it a try.

I'll add you soon, just a moment.

>implying
I played for 50 hours already and never met a single hacker.
You guys are just shits looking for an excuse to circlejerk.

Then why are you on Veeky Forums?
Because you are "THE PINNACLE OF EVOLUTION!"?

Veeky Forums is everything but a circlejerk.

THEY ARE LIKE GODS!

explain almost all of vg threads then

Veeky Forums.

pass by /wowg/ or if you want some guys really masturbating in a circle. hit /owg/

Is this game as fun as it seems? What's your favourite part?

The part where you shoot insects while yelling "EDF!!" in front of your computer.

When you get to shoot the ants. I like shooting stuff.

The part where I get to replace my Wing Diver with an AC.

Ok you sold me

If you can stand Japanese programming (which is awful) and the grinding, it's really fun.

And the voice acting isn't bad. Especially when what's-his-face starts crying on the radio.

The thing is that I don't get to replace my Wing Diver with an (old gen) AC though. Need to wait for mods.

>browse thread
>see a guy named Callsign
>played with him

Is that some kind of thing that the game calls you if it doesn't recognise you, or is there a Veeky Forums browser called Callsign?

So what are wing divers good at? I thought being able to fly would mean they'd be untouchable for the most part, but once that energy runs out you need to get to a safe spot immediately or you're fucked hard.

It's the default profile name.

That's the default name, I think. You have to clear it manually to type in your own, remember?

Oh yeah. Nevermind.

Armored Core basic skill #1: Boost Hop

You use the thrusters to make short jumps rather than fly. Sometimes you need to expend the energy to fly in order to survive, but boost hopping is what you should do most of the time on flat ground.

Two things you need to know:
1. When landing, the Diver will slide for a bit before returning to a walking stance. This is the short period where momentum is retained for a short while before the deceleration slows you down to walking mode.
2. The energy drain of the thrusters seems to have a set minimum whenever they are activated. Therefore it is better and more efficient to make a large leap rather than a tiny one.

The key is to make a modest jump, let go and glide, then hit the jump button again as soon as you touch the ground and repeat the hopping process. The timing is pretty lenient and how high you can go while remaining efficient is also pretty loose. Doing this properly means you keep your momentum while generating more energy than it took to jump so you can recover fully without ever stopping, at least as long as the enemy doesn't force you to make demanding moves to avoid them.

Any Armored Core on PC?

Is health the same as armour, or is armour like a general damage reduction stat?

How does health increase? Via armour crates?

PS1 and 2 ones through emulators, that's about it.

Yes, Armour is health. Those red crates increase your overall health after missions are completed, white crates heal damage sustained during missions.

About to start this. Hit me up with some general advice.

Buddy up with people. Much more fun with real players and coop.

Play mission 1 on Normal. Then play the rest of the missions on Hard and only set the difficulty back down to Normal if you get stuck on a mission.

It seems like wing diver overlaps alot with rangers? They're both the basic death machines, while fencers get dash n smash as well as stationary heavy weapons man. AR gets his own suite of unique stuff.

Why pick a WD over a ranger, or the other way around?

Also note that health pickups restore a percentage of your armor, so high armor characters will recover a lot more from a single crate.

Rangers are so much slower it's not comparable. In return they don't need to worry about energy so they can shit out ludicrous DPS from their assault rifles all day. They also heal the entire team including NPCs whenever they get a health pickup.

Divers die when they stop moving, Rangers die when they stop shooting.

>This is pretty easy
>Holy shit where did all these fucking ants come from
>Get swarmed and repeatedly eaten
>Shoot my way out of the ant tsunami.

Holy shit this game is fun.