What do you guys think of a good condition 1996 BMW 328i (it says sports package?) for about 9 grand. it's super clean...

what do you guys think of a good condition 1996 BMW 328i (it says sports package?) for about 9 grand. it's super clean..... but I never had a bmw. is this a good deal? also, will be using as my daily driver until later this year

Too expensive. You can get a e36 M3 for that or a little more.

Are you American? Does the car have like 50k miles? That is a fucking insanely high price dude. I'm going to need a link. That car should be half that price, hell that is M3 price range.

>is this a good deal?
not even remotely. this is probably the worst price I've ever heard in my life.

sorry, yeah, it has 81k miles, original. seems a bit high price, after some searching. how's the car though?

>9 grand for a rat
Bmw meme in murica is a funny thing.
Seriously OP, don't do it

I own one. They are okay but pretty old now, and not exactly fast by any means. I'm looking for another for a DD, but what you describe is a 6k car, and that is to a collector. This one is probably worth less as I can already see bumper damage and those headlights, wheels, and suspension are not stock.

9k is a rip off. Nice cars, for 3500-6k. Not worth a dollar more.

Is this a joke? 9 grand for that piece of shit?

These are the type of people I pray I run across when I sell my car.

>9k$
>96'
anything earlier than 2000 is worth a thousand dollars at most. because they're too expensive to own. you can expect to pay at least a thousand dollars in the first year of ownership.

uwotm8, those go up to 30k (good condition) and they start at 12k (shit condition) here.

well thats because you live in a yuropoor nation. a pristine 80k mile e36 m3 has high retail of 16-17k in the USA.
what kind of asshat are you?

E36 m3s aren't anything special, especially the American version

I don't know what people are on about. that same car with 200k miles still goes for 3-5k

no american version of any european car is special tbf

expect the electronics to fail real quick

The only good BMW is one under warranty. Even then there are loads of cars much better and for much less.

>that same car with 200k miles still goes for 3-5k
only to retards, a 328is isn't even collectible. 6k max if the bumper wasn't fucked. and that is from the biggest bmw sackrider on Veeky Forums who has money.
you are a fucking meme spewing moron. the e36 is as basic as it gets you dumb nigger.

Unlike you my family actually had one, besides the radio non of the main electronics worked reliably, all the screens were buggy as well.

what's supposed to fail in a e36

There are no screens in an e36 you lying sack of shit, unlike your lying ass I have one in my driveway right now. There is a stereo, an OBC, and the instrument cluster. There are zero electronics to be buggy too.

Do you come on the internet to lie just for fun?

He's probably talking about the alphanumeric displays connected to the OBD, which a notorious for going weird.

They cost a whopping $50 to buy one off ebay, if his family was that worthless and lazy no wonder he blames the car.

Even then I've never once heard of issues with the OBC, mine was fine until 150k when the temp button broke and bricked the thing. I'd replace it but beater car.

I'd assume he's just a retard and thinking of the e39. That has some horrible connectors for the stereo/obc and instrument cluster and issues with the power adjust steering wheel.

>"""""""""BMW"""""""""sport""""""""

ahh that old classic, change a few trim parts maybe the seats stick a sport badge on and voilĂ  you have a sports package people are willing to pay extra thousands for, never change BMW.

>2016 and there are car sellers with low resolution jpgs in their advertisements. Walk away user.

>lower ride height
>stiffer shocks
>infinitely better seats with bigger bolsters and adjustable leg support
>larger wheels and tires
>on newer bmws change of EPS ratio and electronic throttle
Wow, I wonder why people would ever pay more for that? Stay poor pleb.

also no bmw has ever had a sport badge. thanks for spewing your ignorance bus rider, never change. your shitposts are top tier and brimming with ignorance

Bimmer sack rider force in full effect

>poorfags talking out their ass
never change busriders, never change.