/hbg/ - Homebrew General

Previous Thread: /hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 9.2 (10.7 downgrade - Entrypoints: Browser/Menuhax up to 10.5, otherwise OoT/PSMD/Freaky/Ninjhax)
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: 3.51 (Userland)
PS4: 1.76 (Kernel)

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
Downgrade + a9lh: github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
Other Consoles: pastebin.com/pHS5LaR5

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
-SmileBASIC primary exploit out now: mrnbayoh.github.io/basicsploit/
-11.0 is still the latest version. If you already have CFW (emunand/a9lh), you can update. DON'T UPDATE IF YOU DON'T HAVE A CFW.
-11.0 userland homebrew is now available via Freakyhax, OOT3D and PSMD, but don't expect CFW or downgrading without a hardmod anytime soon
-DS emulator in the works: gbatemp.net/threads/430223/
-New version of Decrypt9 out with full, untrimmed cartridge dumper: github.com/d0k3/Decrypt9WIP/releases/tag/20160626

>Wii U
-Kernel exploit for 5.5.1 leaked, allowing Loadiine to run and more.
-Developer tools for 3DS and Wii U are easily available now:developer.nintendo.com/register

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/3DS_Flashcart_Comparison
usa-hot-stuff.com/10-wood-r4i-gold-3ds-rts-r4idscn.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

first for Shantae with GBA-exclusive transformation but darker GBC palettes

What do you use to decrypt .sav on 3ds? I only have the raw file from the system save data backup

Do I need to keep any backups I create while following the Guide other than the last one (the sysnand-a9LH)?
Feel like I'm wasting space keeping these, everything is working fine and a9lh is stable

yep put them in a safe folder on your computer

No I meant long-term, is there any point in keeping the older backups?

just said yes

If I have a smaller SD card, can I just remove games from Loadiine and put em back on later if I keep the save files on the SD card?

Anyone have Metroid Blast Ball EU?

I downloaded and installed the cryptofixed US version from 3dsiso but it hangs on the nintendo 3ds screen.

What can I do to get it working?
Am on O3DS with rxtools.

>am on O3DS with Rxtools
and already the thread is off to a great start

I never bothered updating anything once I got it working when rxtools came out.

I'm asking for Metroid Blast Ball EU or a way to make the demo's US CIA work not about a9lh or any other custom firmware or opinions on firmwares.

If I buy a 2ds that Nintendo dropped the price on, what firmware would it be on?

all brand new 3DS' are 10.7 and under, most likely would be 10.3 and under as the n3ds tend to be the ones with 10.6/7 now

Act fast.
first report of a new console on 11.0.0-33 a few hours ago

has it been actually confirmed yet though i saw them saying the person at gamestop updated it

>a 3DSISO thread
Are you an idiot? Just post it here or in a decent website. Make a Pastebin or something. 3dsiso is shit, stop supporting it already.

Really? I saw that they said it hadn't been updated.
anyway fingers crossed that you're right

While it's not impossible for 11.0 to hit the market, I have some doubts.
Take a look at how long it took for them to release the 10.7 3DS'.

the whole thread is just pointing fingers at gamestop, even the one who made the post doesnt even know and just said to just wait and see if others also find a 11.0

So should I buy somewhere else or what?

I'm not sure how to feel about tickets/ciangel etc. Downloading a lot of shit from Nintendo's CDN seems to be the best way to be made and example of eventually.

if youre the 2ds user it doesnt matter, it has a greater chance of being way lower

joke's on them if they tried to make an example of me I'd just kill myself and they'd look like the bad guys

Has anyone bought from Mediamarkt? Asking for a guy in Poland, I assume the consoles are unopened and unupdated.

Oh bloody hell that takes me back

Wow you absolute cunts Nintendo

What am I looking at here?

kek

My local toys r us is stocked with old 3DSXLs

Some type of stupid ass crack protection from the days of the Amiga, only updated to use the qr reader. Literally what is even the point of this shit.

Is it some sort of AR game?

>skip

user, im rather certain this refers to the booklet and ar cards included in the 3ds packaging...

you are very retarded

Rate me

Is anyone else on Linux here? How can I format my SD card to a FAT32 that my old3DS likes?
I've tried with GParted but it doesn't seem to work. I'll try again with mkfs.vfat and force 32 sectors per cluster since that's what seems to be the most likely reason it doesn't work.

Yo Hbg I bought an R4 card from ozmodchips and set it up but im now guessing they are a rip off as it displays fake card.

have I been screwed? or have I do a stupid?

which device would you use to emulate GBA/SNES games? a psp, a ds, or a n3ds?

A mobile phone

N3DS

mkfs.vfat did the trick.
>tfw 50GB to fill with games

And in the probable case someone ever needs to find that information:
How to migrate to a bigger SD card on Linux
1. dd if=/dev/oldcard of=./oldcard.bin (use lsblk to figure out with device it is)
2. dd if=./oldcard.bin of=/dev/newcard
3. Mount the card, copy all the content to a folder on your computer, unmount when done
4. Using GParted, extend the FAT32 partition to use all available space. The redNAND partition should appear to be of type Unknown, so don't touch that and extend on the other side
5. sudo mkfs.vfat -s 32 /dev/newcardX (where X is the number of the FAT32 partition)
6. Mount, copy all your files to your huge new card
7. It works.

Is there a way to pirate unlocks for stuff like Rumble World or the extra games for streetpass?

n3ds is best, PSP is cheapest

i got megamix and it is nice playing games from the original as well as new ones
getting to rhythm heaven is only a small portion of the game right?
are there remixes?

Haha, time for memes.

I'm having an awful lot of trouble finding the files for Pokken's v1.3 update. Have they not been uploaded yet?

Don't worry, they're in there. Just play a bit more.

>That packaging
Predicting 90% of it can't be written.

Guys?

Just a helpful tip, in case you installed a game that's a different region than your own, and don't want to bother searching through 3dsiso or that other Brazilian site, download Shameless and generate the tickets from there to use in FBI. Can also do this for DLC.

Anyone know if Mario Kart 8 EU with the updates work on Loadiine?

yes for rumble world

>with emunand removed, I have 7 gigs left out of my 32gig card
>have a majority of the firstparty games worth playing
>everything on free/Eshop looks like shit
What third party games can I play that aren't fucking sidescrolling or top-down or J rpgs

Pretty sure online doesn't work

Is there any way to capture footage off 3DS that doesn't involve camrip or the 200 dollar mod yet?

>Pretty sure online doesn't work
I don't care about online.

I was asking if I get the update files and Mario Kart 8 EU if it will work

I was searching for the place that could explain me how to hack my DS because I want to play the most recent Monster hunter

Did I come to the right place to ask ? I'll read the sticky

Is it still possible to play online wiith hacked Monster Hun ?

Writing test finished on both cards without any errors.

Yes and yes.

read the a9lh guide

yes

I found it, do I have to read all those words

yes, all of them and when it tells you to cross your fingers, you actually do it, it's the most important part, if you don't cross your fingers you brick

It's just verbose. The point is that it should explain exactly what you're doing and why you're doing it. Everything which isn't the actual guide you can skim over.

Enjoy your bricked console.

>bricked

what did they mean by this

Make your console as useful as a brick

How would I get OOTHAX working on 11.0 with a EU cart?

you don't

WHoooAAooooaaa i didnt know you can of insert 3DS memory card inside comput so trippy technology whaa

Where do I get WiiU updates from?

Should I get an R4 for my N3DSXL or should I wait to see how the DS emulation comes along?

Wondering this also

buy it

>DS emulation
lmao nah get a flashcart or hire ex nintendo staff to rig up twl to play ds roms off sd card

>tfw no DLDI patch for sudokuhax

>installing games from freeshop at 1200-1400 KB/s

I thought this thing was slow as shit. Noted i only have 1 mb/s upload speed

Do you really need an SD card for the WiiU hacks? Or can you just use a USB stick?

Where's a good place to buy from that isn't from China. I hate Chinese resale places because of the terrible customer service and slow abysmally slow shipping.

when we bail him out

Not but what's a good flashcart for *.nds that the 3DS will recognize?

Anyone got an answer? I kinda want to get this card working

yes

Thanks, currently only have one SD card from my 3DS 'hack'. Is it possible to just copy those files to my PC and back them up? So I can later just copy those files back to let it work again on my 3DS? Or doesn't it work like that?

Are you trying to do vWii hacks or Loadiine?

I'm currently looking at Loadiine, havent looked at vWii. What do you sugest? It's just for playing backups.

usa-hot-stuff.com/10-wood-r4i-gold-3ds-rts-r4idscn.html

Should I buy it? Gonna buy it on Thursday when I get paid.

Please?

So I don't think I have a big enough SD card for hacking my Wii U. Is it possible for me to use a flash drive instead?

Can I delege my 3ds folder on luma without any problems?

vWii is just the virtual Wii, Loadiiine is what you want for Wii U piracy.

the 3ds folder only contains the homebrew programs, if you are on a9lh yes, if not, no

This is the screen get is this a throw away or not

if you want to plan a jail break

Pro tip, if you are going to buy a flashcart, first check which one you should buy for your system, assholes.

Allright, Loadiine it is. Looks simple as fuck to configure. But do you know if I can just copy all the shit from my 3DS hack SD card to my PC. So if I want the 3DS hack back I can just copy everything back and let it work?

Did you complete the a9lh guide?

Oh i meant the nintendo 3ds folder

Not quite, I'd recommend you don't

I don't know anymore, it's been a while.

I still use RXtools. Still am on 9.2