Monster Hunter General - /mhg/

Dash Juice Edition again

>Great news!
Athena's Armor Set Search has been updated: mediafire.com/folder/fpoki5x46p78s/MHGen

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

mhgen.kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Passcode: 7243 / Search
In Generations, Objective: Gathering
In 4U, Target: Fishing

discord.me/mhg

Tags: MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, MHO, MHFU, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous

Benis

ayyyyy you fucking retard

Will MH5 save the franchise? It's dying as we speak.

Spoiler edition

nice op faggot

So should I buy Generations or 4U for my first MonHun game? I keep hearing mixed answers.

holy shit OP, gg on your retardation, you're truly unique

>peco is good guys i swear!
>its totally better than kutku even though it can do literally nothing by itself and has to rely on another monster to even be a threat!
>and you totally can't just interrupt his call every time so he can't even call for his help!

not even a nostalgiafag, i started the series with 3u and p3rd, and i can see that peco is fucking garbage, just like the rest of the third gen trash

barroth, jho, agnaktor and gigginox are the only decent 3rd gens

>playing Shitterations
But why?

If you buy any other than Gen there won't be multiplayer
Plain and simple

Aerial GS against him is a gamble too if he randomly decides to body slam as you vault on him and take off 60% of your health. I seriously think most of fighting Lavasioth is just entirely luck, unless you're using SnS with Evasion+2 so you can react in time

4U is probably a better start, honestly. Generations might be a little overwhelming for you.

That said, if you want multiplayer just play Generations anyway.

hory shit that's an ugly palico
cause fun

download p3rd and ppsspp to find out if you like the series, it's the best possible start and its free

MHGen brings less new things to the table than MH4U did, but if it's your first Monster Hunter it won't matter to you anyways since it still has most stuff MH4U has

In addition to that MHGen doesn't have retarded RNG relic farming, garbage Wystone items you have to use against monsters in order to not bounce off etc.

Get MHX, but don't get too used to hunting styles as they may or may not be in MH5 and i'm pretty sure they won't be in there

And it's totally gonna body slam you.
Monster AI picks what attacks to use based on proximity, and if you're staying right on top of it, like you do with aerial weapons, it's guaranteed to start spamming it.

4U is the better game, but buy Generations as it's more active right now and easier

Because it's basically heaven for fashion hunters.

I'm just looking for a multiplayer game that I can sink hundreds of hours in to.
Is there enough content in Generations to do that?

bored with my current weapon loadout, been running gunlance and longsword for a few gens, any suggestions for fun playstyles?

>the JP game which got a half finished fan translation is the best possible start for a non-japanese player

4U is probably one of the most beginner friendly Monster Hunter games, but has a slightly more prevalent story than the other titles do.

Third gen is irredeemable shit except for brachy, jho and Zin pretty much

Plesioth is such a shit monster, not only because of the broken hitboxes and shit design, but also because of how limited its moveset is.
If you stay in front of it, 50% of the time it's gonna do the frontal water beam that can never ever hit you.
The other 50% is the tail spin that's guaranteed to hit you.

Does /mhg/ play with 3D on?

Yes but multiplayer is boring and if you want to play this game for multiplayer you probably should pass because multiplayer with 4 people in monster hunter just becomes a matter of mash X and chainflinch the monster until it's dead

I only do online for farming monsters i've already killed if i want to make an armor or something

yes

>Tail spin goes over my head because Plesioth is 10 story tall
>Still hits me

Ok

Plesioth is shit because he's fucking huge.

i have a 2ds becuase poor

if you don't start at 3u then you won't understand the story, you have to start there and then play 4u and then generations
see you in a few months happy hunting

the translation is complete for everything that matters to a player, it's one of the easier titles, and has no fucking dumb ass 4 hour long"""tutorial""" like 3u or 4u

WHY DOES GUNNER BRACH GEAR LOOK 50000% BETTER THAN BLADE
FUCK

Reminder to play Boomerang Prowler. It's fun!

I had the exact opposite problem.

The tail just swooshes right over your head, but if you get hit with one beam and he decides to jokingly spray you with his death beam again you have barely any time to react.

The massive prick killed me in two consecutive shots the moment I entered the room.

No. I can't stand 3D for more than 2 minutes

Except it's not fun.
The fucking initial gauge build up is the most boring 2-3 minutes you'll ever have in a game

>he hasn't experienced the joy of duo hunting

boomerang prowler is my jam!

>monster hunter
>story
Nice meme.

It may be one of the easier titles to veteran players, but it's mostly in Japanese, still.
4U has a far better tutorial and pacing than Portable 3rd, and not owning a 3DS is the only reason not to start with it.

I do! Just about to try that Najarala wep.

BLACKED

Any HR7+ turn rooms?

it's not mostly in japanese retard, have you not played it?

literally the only thing that is still in japanese is a few of the quest/armor/weapon flavor text which does not matter at all

about to make a lobby, anyone got the lastest blacklist?

So you get hit. Fall back, drink potion, and continue spamming. Way higher DPS than all those gay ass positioning and missed triple charge and whatnot.

>4u tutorial
>hand holding through fucking meat cooking and mundane shit for 4 hours
>good

do you realize how many people get turned off of MH because of tri/3u/4u's awful, way too long tutorials?

people want to get right into it and learn as they go, not be forced to gather mushrooms and shit

It's never got released outside of Japan and only got an unfinished translation patch. It still has an abundance of text which is in Japanese. It's not a good start into the series.

I have, and duo hunting is fine i guess, but most multiplayer room hosts want the room to be full and to make things go fast

>not owning a 3DS is the only reason not to start with it
And that's pretty much the point.

Without investing any money one has the option to play Tri on Dolphin which has way too fucking long tutorial that would just make most people quit or you can play Portable 3rd HD on PPSSPP with not the best translation but one that doesn't actually cause any gameplay related problems. Or you can emulate Gen 1 or 2 but let's face it, no new player should do this.

Oh no it doesn't have all the memes

Seeing as the original poster already mentions both 4U and Generations, it's safe to assume that he owns a 3DS. There's no reason not to pick up 4U.

Did the game get updated at all or can I still play using the early leaked .cia? I haven't actually touched the game yet since installing it.

MH5 is an NX launch title.

its flavor text and quest flavor text

i know because i have ~400 hours playing p3rd with the translation

shut the fuck up, 4u is an awful start, the tutorial is unforgivable

>Brach cat chest piece
IMMA BOP YOU GURL

I got a .cia here on the 16th that has been running just fine.

>2-3 minutes
>taking that long

AXA, nerd

Once you hit 2 gauges go pierce and start throwing charged boomerangs.

Just soloed HR Glavenus with Adept GL and holy shit, what a fight. Learning the timing for his attacks was super fun. Volcanic Hollow I'd still cancer tho.

noob

thanks

That's just, like, your opinion, shitter.

Thanks for the reply.

>fighting silverwind narga for the first time
Goddamn, someone at Capcom must be a fan of the Kubo.

GENERATIONS IS MH5 YOU FUCKING RETARD

I usually go Big -> Pierce, but I imagine that Pierce -> Big is probably roughly the same speed

HR7+ Turns

02-2248-6893-3311

3/4

What about PS4? Top selling platform in Japan and the world every month.

>kubo invented wave attacks

The MH team had a falling out with Sony.

Some shit about trophies or something, I doubt they'd go back.

PS4, NX, whatever. I go where MH goes.

ded

You're a retard.

I am an anime-loving waifufag with a huge catgirl fetish.

Is Monster Hunter Generations a good game for me?

Not really, unless you're a big fan of large bossfights and aren't averse to a bit of grinding.

this desu, the fan translation is totally fine and it can look really nice for a psp game, see pic

I love large boss fights and grinding. Is Monster Hunter Generations a good game for me?

What does a good support Palico look like that i can take with me when i'm Boomerang Prowlering?

Health Horn, Cheer Horn, Vase of Vitality, Parting Gift and so on all look pretty good.

that's all it is

Pro fucking tip, don't try to solo the monster guts quest in HR5.

>large
Mons aren't that big.

>Anime loving
>Posts SAO

More like entry level anime fag

Same deal with the fucking White Liver quest.
Who thought that a 15% (or 20% for the guts) droprate would be a good idea?

shut up fag

But user, noones going to fucking do it with me

>More like entry level anime fag
Is that somehow a bad thing?

I'm stuck on Great Maccao. Any tips?

beat it or quit the game

I'm up to make a room for that quest and this guts quest if you want. This shit is asinine.

>it requires altaroth jaws

Fuck farming these things.

I'm assuming you are completely new, find what weapon clicks with you.

if you are serious, break the tail I guess

He's right though...