/maag/- Marvel Avengers Academy General

"Can't beat Mysterio? Top off with some Shards!" edition

>What is this?
A shitty phone game where you'll spend all your time wondering why you even bother.

>Is it free?
Yes, although there's a lot of waiting unless you wanna fork over your shekels. And even then you'll be pulling out your hair.

>Official trailer:
youtube.com/watch?v=AergY6ijsfI

>Current event:
SpiderVerse Event that's about 8 months late.
Octobots octobotting. Spider-people spidering. But at least there's Mary Jane this time around. Also almost JJJ Hitler. This game a shit.

So, Mysterio still bugged?

Not that it makes a difference, by the time I unlock Spider-Gwen this episode will probably be over.

Yes, still bugged. Tons of people have reported it, but good luck getting Tinyco to actually fix it. Even if they do, good luck getting compensation.

Why do they start events right before the weekend, so that no one is around to fix the inevitable problems?

>lol work? lol technical support? lol management? what is that?

Previous thread:

It's enough to make me want to watch this thread die.

Only two weeks left senpai. It can't get any worse right?

Of course it can. I'd be surprised if they even make it to the end of the year at the current rate

Wow people weren't kidding about this bug. I fought streak 5 to see how much damage I did and force closed the app. He heal 500 HP in the 10 seconds I left the app. Darn TinyCo making it impossible to beat him without shards.

The writing and Wasp are one of the few reason I forgive TinyCp for their royal screw-ups

Agreed.

I'm coming really close to the point where I'll just read the conversations online and skip the game entirely.

Vidya shouldn't be a commitment.

They keep trying to get me to send people to the goddamn chair right after I've already committed someone to it, and for the rarer stuff like Goblin coins, too.

Fuck you too, TinyCo.

you have a big number of trees over there

Supposedly Electro is bi. At leas that's what reddit is claimingmbut at least two people have the sense to question if it's true or not

There is nothing in his dialogue that suggests that

I just realized it's actually inefficient for Gwen to fight Mysterio past streak 5. He one shot my team regardless at that point and since her damage sing as good as 2099, I could just use a health pack to let him fight again since ad of wasting a gas mask for her to only do like 200 damage

I also realized it's impossible to beat Mysterio because if he attacks first he'll one shot 2099, so I need to keep force closing the app until he gets attacks first. So if I attack first for like 700 damage and the next fight he attacks first, I'd have to force close, meaning he'll heal all the same I did in the first fight and I'd have wasted 1 health pack and 1 gas mask.

Poor Spider-Ham. MVP of the last event, but he doesn't get to pork anyone.

Ok I just beat streak 5. Took three attempts to get perfect RNG. Luckily, force closing if you've been fighting repeatedly using health kits will reset the entire sequence so I don't waste resources

excellent quality tinyco design

According to reddit the episode ends Wednesday at 6pm est. Maybe if I'm lucky I'll have Gwen by then.

Through some experimenting it seems like the missions that have a 5 hour action will drop x2 band fliers, but it still fucking sucks.

>missions that have a 5 hour action will drop x2 band fliers
Too bad that mission usually shows up right after I send someone on that motherfucking chair.

I got a response on my ticket, cn confirm that's when the episode ends. However, they seemed to ignore everyone, myself included, who also asked about Mysterio's health bullshit.

In two days. So I was right when I said it'd end in roughly 6 days. Now that support is finally doing something, I hope they fix the Mysterio bug asap, because I'd rather save $5

You can still get Goblin coins and unlock Norman?

Just for upgrades if you already have him, probably.

>episode has an insane amount of hoops to jump through
>episode has gamebreaking bugs
>episode isn't even a week long

I'm increasingly wondering why I even bother.

Well, Electro is clearly meant to be premium. No doubt he'll probably cost a hefty amount of shards in Ep.7. Gwen, while it took time to unlock her, was actually pretty easy to get

Responses people are getting from Tinyco imply Electro may only be unlock able from fighting Mysterio.

Damn it, this is why I need to finish catching up with the thread before I post first thing in the morning

Carnage best boy

Looks like TinyCo has taken a side on the "Carnage is a redneck"/"Carnage is a Brooklyn boy" wars.

I wonder how furious /co/ will be?

Do they even care anymore?

I actually could have Gwen by midnight tonight but it's hard to care that much with the Mysterio glitch and invisible paywall anyway.

I'm already mad, but I can't deny that it's entertaining here.

There was a heated thread on it last Wednesday. (Wednesday being the only day I'm on /co/, for obvious reasons.)

Heated how? I stopped visiting regularly for a while now.

>unlock gwen
>send her on her practice kung-fu story mission
>watch animation
>that routine would murder her knees
>triggered

Well she already has weird legs, so maybe it's more natural

nice bait thread there

Thanks, couldn't help myself.

Okay, Gwen's crack the case animation is pretty adorable.

She's so intense

Does anybody know if there are still story missions attached to ranking Spider-Man up, or should I just go ahead and do it from the tap pop-up?

Mah Boi likes rap just one more reason to like him

TinyCo still hasn't responded at all about Mysterio, seemingly ignoring it. Reddit's mad enough the mods are banning people for "callout posts".

Apparently if you beat him 3 times you get him next week, someone said TinyCo told them that.

people want to get electro though

You get Mysterio, yes, but you have to beat Streak 7 to get Electro. It's impossible, even paying quite a bit in Shards, with his health regenerating like it is.

I didn't want him until this

being worst boy makes him best boy

Has there been any talk on them adding the possibility to make your own walk-ways? I'd be cool with it even being just something visual instead of people actually walking on it. I don't like building houses surrounded by grass.

Using the hack doesn't count :^3

They already have that, on the redecoration screen it's in the top left I think

>phone screen is cracked
>permantly stuck on clicking the same spot
>old tablet is too slow and cant handle the graphics
Is this the chance for me to be free or am i really gonna have to wait a week to get a new phone for my birthday.

Wow. Thanks. I hadn't noticed that.

Seriously starting to get pissed off by how heavily weighted the combat seems to be towards the enemies getting like two attacks for every one your heroes get.

Using hack is literally the only way to get him without paying all the shekels, though.

Run. Run and never look back.

But the waifus...and dating

But the symbiotes are really weak.

So do the Venom comics name drop Klyntar as much as this event does?

they finally announced the deadline in-game

The new one does, though I don't think they should be using the word since it focuses on classic era Venom and symbiotes.

Yeah, but I still don't want to wait an hour to heal because I fought 3 and they got to go like 10 times by the time I attacked thrice.

Whats the deadline

I-I think with some RNG manipulation, I might be able to beat Streak 7.

That's what I'm doing. It'll take a ton of tries but I can do it, at the cost of some shards of course

NERF WHEN?!

>still expecting nerfs after all the blatant unnerfing the jew has been doing through this whole event

6pm Wednesday

This damn RNG is screwing me. It keeps making Mysterio go first.

SUC-FUCKING-CESS

>do missions for the lizard story line
>receive coins spider-man event xp as a reward

What hack would you be referring to? Mobi one is still borked for me.

Good job, user. That makes two of us.

They just sent three masks and full health packs for compensation and fixed Mysterio.

Too bad though, I'm still downloading the hack.

Is the Mobil one good?

Doesn't have quite the same functionality as the AG hack, but easier to get than the AG one typically is; for most of Part 1, the Mobilism one couldn't free shard the stuff like the drops, but you can still buy characters and finish the missions for free.

How hard is Gwen to get? I'm only ever really motivated by waifus in this game and I dropped hard as soon as I got MJ. Didn't even pick up this game til today when I saw the thread browsing the catalogue and saw the white spidergwen costume.

Will I actually have to shell out real money this time around since I started so late? I'm literally on the first mission still picking up 70 shards.

Gwen seems to be like the normal characters in these events. BC and MJ last act, Black Panther and Agent 13 in Civil War, etc. Basically you should be able to get her until the act ends.

Act, not episode, right? Tinyco wouldn't be so stupid as to lock out a character after just a week I hope. Still kicking myself over not getting Sif and I don't want a repeat of that in my life.

Yeah it should be the whole rest of the event not just the episode. FAQs page reiterates this too

>Once you turn in these items, Spider-Gwen will join the Academy. She must be completely unlocked by the end of the event or she will disappear from the game at that time.

Neato desu. As long as they dont sneaky add in any of the female carnage offshoots I should be set to ignore this game again in 10 days.

I BEAT STREAK 7 WHY CAN'T I RECRUIT ELECTRO REEEEEEE

Because you have to pay 595 at the beginning of episode 6 for him you silly billy

Looks like it's fixed.

>An Unfortunate Illusion

figured it out

And I got fucking nothing. Awesome, TinyJew.

There's a symbiote widow costume that's coming at some unspecified point in the future (during this act).

Were you on Streak 5/6? Because you only got compensation if you were.

That... why? It's not like the bug was exclusive to those streaks.

Different user, when the bug was active I was on streak 4, but before they gave the items away I was on streak 5, and when I opened it now I got the items.

Has anyone seen the 6 hour Maria Hill heroic since the middle of Civil War? I don't think I've even seen it on the normal board since then.

yeah I got it during this event once

Do I have to fight with Gwen on my team to get her training drops on the symbiotes or can I attempt to farm with just Peter?

Yes, you need Gwen

that sucks but it's only an hour to wait on healing

At what point do you force close? Before the results screen come up?

force close before results and it's like you never had the fight, and the seed changes too