What's something like a Chaser that you can get in the US?

What's something like a Chaser that you can get in the US?
I want a highway car that's manual and RWD with 4 seats.
I would consider an X80 Cressida even though it's auto only but 22 mpg highway fuck that shit.

I helped two different friends swap in a W55/58 into an 89/89 Cressida.

Literally 3 hours of work.

Something new, you mean?

Is 4-doors a requirement?

No, actually hoping for pre-2000 because of styling, and 4 doors is not a requirement, but 4 seats is. I can't do 2 anymore

Manual, fuel efficient, four-seat, RWD pre-2000 highway car. What's your budget?

About 5k. Whenever I check craigslist all that comes up is E36's

The answer to your question is E34 5-series.

Why do you want a manual in your highway car?

929 Sentia?
Anything like that will be auto only in North America

If you don't mind AWD instead of RWD you could get a legacy or impeza

not manual but it looks the same amirite (3rd gen caprice)

you could import one

muh jay dee em

Chaser is not 4 seats. Its 5 or 6.

Japanese full size luxury cars are a new level of automotive pretentiousness for me. If I had lots of disposable income, I would import one. All it would need is fender mirrors and it would be perfect. Perfect in every way.

Import a toyota century

OP you may want a big coupe. How big are SC300 backseats?

Otherwise, BMWs are your best option unless you go really old like a Datsun 510 (barely in your price range).

It sucks how we have so few options for fuel efficient, RWD, manual sedans.

>column shifter

I just had a flash back to a memory I never had by looking at this car. We were kids and we all were saddling up to go to the pool with mom on a late morning in the summer. We were in our swim suits and we had our pool noodles and floaties. We all got into the new 77 Chevrolet Caprice and we drove away under the hot Tennessee sun...

it was weird to me that the shifter was on the left and the indicator is on the right

I have a question about imports. If I were to import a 2002 WRX from Japan, which is the same as the ones sold in America, would I be able to register if because it is "sufficiently similar" or would it not be allowed just because it's RHD?
I'm asking because there are a bunch of WRXs on japan-partner.com for way less than they cost in America, even including Import costs.

No, Subaru hasn't said they're the same in crash tests since RHD and LHD are individually tested. And they'll never say they're the same because they have nothing to gain and everything to lose

mx 73
740 Turbo
910 maxima
bmw e34
mercedes 190E

are all good sedans/wagons from around that era that have factory m/t.

740 turbo is super comfy and redblock stronk

There's a pretty big problem with importing a Century. Namely that you'd have one of a handful of them in your country. Getting parts, especially for the engine, will be pretty hard. It is the only v12 Toyota.
Plus they were all handmade.

A Chaser? Go to Florida m8

> w55/58
> not R154

W55 is the only direct fit though without having to modify the trans tunnel

>I want a highway car that's manual

Any century OP could legally import would be a hemi v8 not a v12

If OP lived in Canada or Straya, they could definitely get the v12.

What engine did they have?

>What's something like a Chaser that you can get in the US?
Do you even read nigger?

I sure didn't read the OP. I just saw the fancy JDM luxury car and clicked in the thread.

Volvo 240 or 850.

Merc 190 2.5 Cosworth

850 is fwd and the never offered a usdm turbo model with the m/t.

You are this dumb.

Why wouldn't you?

R154 is a fucking meme. 5x the price for a trans that maybe holds maybe 80 HP more. Pathetic. A fucking built R154 costs more than a stock V160 that can already holds 600HP.

W55 and W58 are the same, except for the slightly different bell housing.

On the previous note, I picked up a R154 with a JZ bell housing from some retard for $300. Shit goes for $700 without a bell housing.