How and why did the Americans kick so much ass during World War 2?

How and why did the Americans kick so much ass during World War 2?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-I803ncnvMY&feature=youtu.be&t=255
history.com/news/history-lists/5-attacks-on-u-s-soil-during-world-war-ii
vimeo.com/128373915
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Because all the real battles, biggest casualties, biggest tank battles, biggest army vs army -clashes happened on the Eastern front.

And what of the Pacific Theater? They kicked just as much ass there and there were no Russians to be seen

Statistically speaking not a single battle fought in the Pacific theater can be compared to battles fought between Soviet Union and Nazi Germany during Barbarossa and 1940s in general.

Even Finland which was a minor Axis power took part in battles which exceed in sheer scale and manpower any battle United States took part in WWII.

WTF I hate America now

Because they shot their Trump in 1935.

They were never attacked, or even threatened, directly.

Because the US had a massive advantage in support, from logistics to air power to artillery, allowing any battle where their support was able to be fielded in depth an inevitable victory as they either ran circles around the Axis or bombarded them into dust.
Coincidentally the hardest battles the US faced were against strong static positions to important to simply bypass and too fortified to subjugate with artillery and aircraft.

>Coincidentally the hardest battles the US faced were against strong static positions to important to simply bypass and too fortified to subjugate with artillery and aircraft.

>"Fixed fortifications are a monument to the stupidity of man."
>gets stuck at metz for three months

What did he mean by this?

Well, he wasn't *completely* wrong. The fortifications were ultimately futile and waste of resources for Germany. All it bought them was time.
Of course, it was never designed to be impregnable, it was designed to slow down any advance until the Germans could mount a counterattack or what have you which of course in their desperate situation never actually materialized until Christmas, and the counterattack was doomed to fail no less.
Patton's tactics were somewhat ahead of his time. By the 1960s something like the Metz would have taken a week to break, by 1980, 3 hours. Any battle lasting longer would be the result of the defenders counterattacking with a massive army, lengthening the battle another 2-3 hours.

JUST

>I'm super retarded

>move to go around the fortifications at Metz
>British fuck up the Operation so badly the war is extended another year
Shame desu. The Siegfried should have just been another pocket on the Western Front, but Monty was a fucking idiot.

Massive production from the Rockies, Cascades, and Appalachia. Also, double-dipping into the Tradition and Freedom ideologies.

They didn't. They waited until everyone else was tuckered out. While they waited they took out predatory loans with their 'allies' and came up with some really good weapons through science.
King hitting people at the end of a fight after laughing as your friends are bashed in front of you will never and has never been considered 'kicking ass'

Yeah those Japs were real tuckered out in 1941. They were so tuckered out that they purposely opened another front because they thought they were ready for it.

They were though? Staggering losses in China, India, Burma, etc.

>one archipelago
Yeah you guys truly bore the worst of it. What a harrowing experience. You might have been able to get your hands dirty if you didn't have nukes but you did.

That doesn't some how mean you did shit compared to basically anyone else.

>India, Burma
You realize that they hit India and Burma the same time they hit the U.S., correct?

This board is a joke.

>That doesn't some how mean you did shit compared to basically anyone else
>Liberate the Pacific almost singlehandedly
>Liberate Italy almost singlehandedly
>Liberate France, Belgium, Luxembourg and the Netherlands almost singehandedly
>MURICA DINDU NUFFIN
>THEY WUZN'T GUD BOIS
>SOVIETS DID EVERYTHING
I hate this fucking board

>legitimately wanted to stay out of it
>didn't really care
>profiteered via loans
REAL HUMAN BEAN

Actually Italy, France, Belgium, and the Netherlands were all mostly liberated by the English.
Meanwhile in the Pacific, Commonwealth troops again were doing most of the fighting.

>muh soviets
I do wish this tired old shitpost would get retired some day.

>dragged into the war
>came out swinging

>Actually Italy, France, Belgium, and the Netherlands were all mostly liberated by the English.
>Meanwhile in the Pacific, Commonwealth troops again were doing most of the fighting.
I've seen a lot of bullshit on this board but this really takes the cake.

Veeky Forums was a mistake
serious discussion can only be found on tiny forums with no more than three dozen active posters, but those forums build up incorrect assumptions that will never be corrected because it's an echo chamber.

Woe to those who attempt to discuss actual history on the internet.

It was a complete fuckup by the Allied forces in general, mainly intelligence.
>yeah we pretty much beat the Germans, if we go through here they don't have any fortifications, we'll be in Berlin by Christmas
>ok recon shows they have a significant armor presence in the area
>mm probably just dummy tanks, according to this report I'm reading Germany is out of tanks
>ok drop paratroopers like 100 miles behind the enemy lines with limited AT weaponry I'm sure they'll be fine
>80% of the 1st Airborne killed wounded or captured
>XXX Corps so depleted from pushing to Arnhem they're rotated off the front to be completely rebuilt as they lost half their armor
>101st and 82nd rendered combat ineffective and and rotated to a 'quiet section" of the front to rest, recuperate, and receive reinforcement
>few months later while under manned and under gunned end up directly in the advance of a massive German armored assault

I agree the Low Countries were mostly liberated by the British, but France was mostly liberated by US forces, specifically Patton's.
Although the British did an equal share of the fighting, especially in the early days of Overlord in the heavy fighting around Caen.
Italy was equal parts American and English I would say.

The Low Countries being liberated by the British was simply due to the British operating along the north of the Western Front, while the US took the Center and South due to having a larger army.

White privilege.

>profiteered via loans

They only had to pay for lend lease equipment if they kept them.

When were they attacked?

Oh, you mean their colonies that they recently conquered were attacked by another colonial power!

Sorry, I meant to say, nowhere in the United States, no United States civilian living on United States territory, was ever attacked by the Japanese.

You're joking right

Today I learned that the Russian Front was a relatively minor theater in WWII.

Who said that?
Make sure to quote them.

>mm probably just dummy tanks, according to this report I'm reading Germany is out of tanks

youtube.com/watch?v=-I803ncnvMY&feature=youtu.be&t=255

Russia only saw limited fighting for a few weeks in 1941, and they wouldn't directly attack another power until 1945.

No.

Could you list the places in the United States that were attacked during the War?

Not colonies.

That's incorrect.

Could you list the places in Russia that were attacked during the war?

Not Colonies.

The European portion of Russia west of Moscow, Leningrad, and Stalingrad was attacked and occupied during the War.

>Battle of the Bulge
That was another lost opportunity. I understand why they sent Patton to liberate Bastogne instead of creating the pocket that he wanted to create, but damn that would have been fucking sweet.

You listed three colonies, try again.

Dude you can't just drop a 70 minute video and loosely quote me.

You didn't quote anybody you're just saying bullshit nobody said.

>Sorry, I meant to say, nowhere in the United States, no United States civilian living on United States territory, was ever attacked by the Japanese.
Let me list the times US citizens were attacked on US territory, and yes, "colonies" (although this is a retarded way to name overseas US holdings, as they were never "colonized") are US territory.
Midway
The Philippines
Hawaii
The Solomon Islands
I could list others but you'd find an excuse about how they aren't US territories because they're colonies? Ignoring the fact none of these are colonies and Hawaii was a Territory designed to eventually become a US state once its population grew to sufficient size.

>You didn't quote anybody you're just saying bullshit nobody said.
Well, I'm sorry everybody in this thread thinks Russian history isn't worth learning.

Also the Japanese attacked the mainland US 3 times, 2 times directly after Pearl Harbor.
history.com/news/history-lists/5-attacks-on-u-s-soil-during-world-war-ii
And one time they killed a mom, a dad and their two children with a balloon bomb.

You're just shitposting rampantly man, you sound incredibly butthurt. You're not Russian or something are you?

Hawaii wasn't a state, but it was United States territory for over 40 years at that point. Nearly 70 civilians died in the attack. Also 6 people were killed by one of those balloon bombs that landed in Oregon.

Where was the Russian motherland, then?

The United States was attacked in their colonies in the Philippines and Hawaii and the Pacific. These were not places that asked to become part of the United States, they were conquered, and the locals desire for the United States to leave was ignored.

>I could list others but you'd find an excuse about how they aren't US territories because they're colonies?

US Territory. Excuse me, that is what the US called it's colonies.

>once it's population grew to sufficient size

You mean once the colonists outnumbered the locals? Correct.

>And one time they killed a mom, a dad and their two children with a balloon bomb.

Okay, there you go.

Plenty of colonies lasted decades.

70 civilians died in an attack on a military base in an occupied territory? That sucks.

>Dude you can't just drop a 70 minute video and loosely quote me.

It has a time mark. Allied intelligence kept track of German divisions, especially Panzer divisions, to the point that they regularly communicated with the Soviets to see if units were moving.

>These were not places that asked to become part of the United States, they were conquered, and the locals desire for the United States to leave was ignored.
Except for the part where the Philippines was a protectorate of the US, not a colony despite you desperately calling it such for some unfathomable reason, designed from the outset to be an independent state once it was modernized and capable of actually being a functional state. And yes, plenty of them didn't want to go through that, and wanted to be unwashed barbarians and live in the borderline failed state that is the Philippines, but you can't possibly say that killing American citizens and American protectorates on American owned soil is a bad reason for Americans to want to go to war.

Threadly reminder of the horrors of ww2.

It's not a competition of who lost the most people, parents of which nationality mournd their children more and so on guys...

vimeo.com/128373915

americans were like the virgin hoe who went to an orgy because they wanted to tell everyone how they were there but they refused to suck cock

What does that have to do with this fat draft-dodging fuck?

>only talking about land battles

So the largest naval battles in history don't mean anything?

You are arguing over what a conquered, occupied, colonized, 'protected' region was called. America liked to call theirs 'territories'.

The Philippines never asked to be in the USA, and they fought to make the USA leave. Resistance was put down with force. Call it a protectorate if you like, it was controlled by the government of the USA, and not by Filipinos.

>American owned soil

But not American soil. Tell me, were all Filipinos US citizens? They were US subjects, on American owned soil, yes?

>"We were used to an opponent the stature of the Russians; we were amazed at the contrast. During the war, I have never seen soldiers disperse head over heels even though virtually nothing was happening."
>"Five Russians were more dangerous than thirty Americans. We already noticed that in our few days in the Western Front."

Otto Carius, Tigers in the Mud

Soil is owned by the guys with the biggest guns. The land was owned by America, the people who lived there were not Americans.
You can whine about the injustice of it all you want but everyone who conquered it died 50 years ago and frankly you sound like a whiny bitch trying to bring up the sins of our fathers.

Americans died.
Americans reacted.
Americans killed Japanese.

are you a bit hard right now?
Like, just a semi

No I fapped half an hour ago so I'm completely flaccid at the moment.

Nope I fapped an hour ago.