/nintyg/ - Nintendo General

This is a general for the discussion of Nintendo consoles and games released on them
Previous: Tags: /3dsg/, /wug/, /smm/, /mk8g/, /xbxg/, /ptg/ moved to >Important News
「!」Live-action Pokemon movie confirmed: deadline.com/2016/07/pokemon-movie-live-action-detective-pikachu-legendary-1201789645/
「!」Animal Crossing New Leaf to receive major amiibo support update in Fall: nintendoeverything.com/animal-crossing-new-leaf-free-update-coming-this-fall-adds-more-amiibo-compatibility-and-splatoon-content/
「!」Even MORE New Pokemon revealed!: youtube.com/watch?v=vKosBJ1Uko0
「!」Nintendo 64DD U.S. prototype is real: nintendoeverything.com/nintendo-64dd-u-s-prototype-is-real-shown-running/
「!」Nintendo announces NES Classic Edition: nintendoeverything.com/nintendo-announces-nintendo-entertainment-system-nes-classic-edition-out-in-november/
「!」Darkrai revealed for Pokken Tournament arcade version: nintendoeverything.com/darkrai-revealed-for-pokken-tournament/
「!」Color Splash's story may make you cry: mynintendonews.com/2016/07/07/nintendo-says-that-paper-mario-color-splashs-story-may-make-you-cry/
「!」Miyamoto gives update on Pikmin 4 and shifting priorities: nintendoeverything.com/miyamoto-gives-update-on-pikmin-4-shifting-priorities/

>Upcoming Releases
3DS - pastebin.com/rsxuyHT8
Wii U - pastebin.com/KrHcudEP

>New 3DS XL vs 3DS XL Comparison
nintendo.com/3ds/features/compare#/compare-3ds

>amiibo Compatibility Chart
amiibochart64.files.wordpress.com/2016/05/amiibo-igcc-9.jpg

>Discord chat
discord.me/nintyg

Other urls found in this thread:

nintendolife.com/news/2015/10/rumour_dataminers_dig_up_eshop_listings_for_super_mario_galaxy_zelda_skyward_sword_and_metroid_other_m
gematsu.com/2016/07/level-5-trademarks-lady-layton-inazuma-eleven-ares-yo-kai-daijiten-europe
siliconera.com/2015/01/06/a-new-f-zero-would-require-a-new-controller-interface-says-miyamoto/
siliconera.com/2015/01/06/a-new-f-zero-would-require-a-new-controller-interface-says-miyamoto
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

First for Raniel, stop noticing everyone on discord everytime you fucking idiot.

Should I grab the BLAST BALL demo?

don't bother it's shovelware

It seems to be the full game, it's like Rocket League but with shooting instead of running into the ball

Why is it shovelware?

If he doesn't like it it means it's shovelware duh

That's about it.

Can you explain why it's shovelware?

stoner user game roll
4,2,0-smoke moar then reroll
1,3-OOT
5,6-Yoshi Wooly World
7,8-Mario Kart 8
9-smash

My 3DS recently stopped charging (Cable and cradle works with a friend's 3DS, but not mine), so I'm considering an upgrade to the New 3DS or the new 3DS XL.

Does anyone know what would happen to my games? Are they all saved on the cartridge or is the SD card transferable? I know the 3DS XL works on a microSD card, not a full one like the 3DS has, but I can just transfer any of that information over using a computer, right?

If the game is physical the save is on the cartridge
If it's digital it's on the console
Only way to transfer digital saves is by doing a system transfer but I doubt you'll be able to do that considering you can't charge your 3DS.
You can transfer your game rights so you don't lose your purchases though.

About the only digital thing I had was my Pokemon Bank, which expired about a week after I realized by 3DS won't charge. Probably lost all of those.

Still! Thanks for the information. It's what I needed to know. Now I've just got to decide on a new system.

I considered buying a new battery, but I figured that if it didn't even light up, the battery's not the problem. This is gonna be a punch in the finances, but that's what happens with a hobby like this, I guess.

Uh those are probably tied to the NNID so maybe you can get them back.

Have you bought bitcoin

I thought you lost them when you didn't reup?

trying to install USB loader on my Wii but it's confusing, I'm stuck on NUS downloader. Any advice?

But there are countless guides online for idiots

What's the best one, some guides ask me to do different stuff and others have dates that vary

Have you?

Any chance that Skyward Sword will come to the Wii U eShop?

I missed out on the chance to play that one and I can't get homebrew running on my Wii.

nintendolife.com/news/2015/10/rumour_dataminers_dig_up_eshop_listings_for_super_mario_galaxy_zelda_skyward_sword_and_metroid_other_m
Soon™

Face it. Nintendo is a thing of yesteryear. Bitcoin is the thing of next year. nX

But what's the thing #CURRENTYEAR?

This was like months ago, how have we not heard anything from this?

desu biggest thing id want for the nx gen is nintendo to lockdown spinoff games. no more bargain bin shit. they should be as good as (internally made) mario kart.

mario party: maybe make a wario party that combines it with warioware minigames
mario tennis: single player mode starring waluigi in the vein of all the cinematic stories being added to soccer and basketball these games

buy a used disc. nintendo doesnt deserve money for skyward sword anyway

Skyward Sword used is still more expensive than Wii games on the eShop.

why can't you get homebrew running on your wii? the same stuff is possible in the wii mode of your wii u, too.

idk I tried doing Smash Stack on my Wii U and it just froze in the Stage Builder menu

so after color splash there's only zelda coming out for wii u and it will be better on nx anyway.

F

I want to switch from my Vita to 3DS.
I can get new 3ds (first one) or used 3ds xl, or save some money for New 3ds or New 3ds xl (the newest generation). Which one should I grab? I'll mainly play Pokemon and VNs, so dunno if I need more RAM and better CPU

You should always get the New™ models, even when those games you mentioned aren't N3DS optimized (SM may be though).
What VNs?

gematsu.com/2016/07/level-5-trademarks-lady-layton-inazuma-eleven-ares-yo-kai-daijiten-europe
>LADY LAYTON
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Ps4

No idea for now, but I liked Danganronpa a lot, so I'll surely try Zero Escape.
I still have to decide between regular and xl version, but I'll probably save some money and buy bigger one, because it's closer to Vita's 5 inch screen, dunno if the bigger screen is worth tho. The games are just stretched to the bigger size or are they made with xl version in mind?

They are just stretched. And ZE is also on Vita and should be played there if possible instead of 3DS. 999 of course is the exception and should be played on DS unless you want to wait for the PC/Vita ports, but I want to say the DS version is better.

I heard nintyg likes boy butts? Fuckoff....
It isn't true

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Best buy has buy 1 get 1 50% off today

sup gormie

F-ZERO NX WHEN

siliconera.com/2015/01/06/a-new-f-zero-would-require-a-new-controller-interface-says-miyamoto/

I feel like every thread we go through with this.

F-ZERO NX WHEN

I remember when Waluigi was the villain of Mario Party 3 and beat the shit out of Bowser, some TRUE BOSS shenanigans.

I thought WL was sports game only

Anyone knows Where can i use my Pin? I just got a 3DS but i can't find where to register my system? I heard the web page is close?

Indeed, the website is kill forever and those codes are useless now.

Dammit. What were they for anyway? Free games?

I've not got a 3DS

The 3DS XL seems expensive for how long it's been out. As someone that would never play outside, I'm considering the 2DS. I've never tried the 3D but I can't imagine it being any good

Is the 2DS worth it, or is it just a load of shit? It doesn't look too comfortable

Yeah, you did some surveys and could download some games, now you can use my.nintendo.com for a shittier service.

>siliconera.com/2015/01/06/a-new-f-zero-would-require-a-new-controller-interface-says-miyamoto
YOUVE HAD TWO OF THOSE ALREADY YOU GOOK FUCK (NOT COUNTING PORTABLE)

>Is the 2DS worth it, or is it just a load of shit? It doesn't look too comfortable
Its pretty good. Using right now. If you don't care about the 3d go for it

Those damn Jews

(((Nintendo))) indeed.
Prepare for new f-zero on phones with gyro controls like iphone games 8 years ago.

He's been in every Mario Party since 3.

so nintyg

whats the verdict on the wii u gen

did u rike it?

SNES > N64 > GC > U > Wii > NES

are there any games like FFTA/Disgaea on the 3DS (natively)?

ste m3n
SNES > GC > 64 > U > Wii > NES
Stella Glow?

not to mention there's a general for this stuff called /hbg/

desu og dkc >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> dkcr/dong freeze (art style)

Considering /hbg/ has people talking about games all the time, who cares.

>Stella Glow
shit i forgot about that, thanks senpai

I think DKCR has a bland art style, but the art direction for Tropical Freeze is really nice, and the designs for DK and his crew aren't as homogenized as people think. In pretty much every regard Retro stepped their game up from DKCR.

Bright Savannah (particularly Grassland Groove) gives the original trilogy a run for it's money

waddup boi

This.

I just took my 2ds out of the box but it doesn't turn on do i need to charge it up?

>durr why aren't they discussing my specific hack method before I get there?
Read the fucking OP, read the pastebins, ask questions if you need help.

try it

The Orange light appeared for around a second and later disappeared. I'm leaving the Console there. Hope its not damaged or something

the orange light should stay on while charging.

If it isn't, better take it back for an exchange.

Yeah what Gor said, are you sure you're holding the power button for like a full second when trying to turn it on?

>are you sure you're holding the power button for like a full second when trying to turn it on?
Yeah and it doesn't turn on
>If it isn't, better take it back for an exchange.
Shit. more than 5 years without buying any Vidya and this happens? it Must be a sign.

Sometimes you get faulty stuff. My first PlayStation is the PS4, and it overheated the second day I turned it on.

My first Playstation was a PSOne and I could never play some games on it, to this day I haven't played MGS.

Yeah but it sucks. I was really looking foward to play some Mario Kart today plus download Demos and this happens? I kind of want to throw it to the trash now

DELETE THIS

I know you're frustrated my boi, I would would be too, but just go return it and then play vidya.

looks like /eagg/ isn't a thing anymore so I guess i'll ask here

any hyrule warriors players?

Wondering which DLC are actually worth it. The hero of hyrule pack seems ok but it's almost $30 CAD here

The only one of the new ones that looks worthwhile is the legends character - 5 characters for $18

thoughts?

>that B button
also pic related

is there a go game available on wii u like they showed in the initial console trailer?

(also that golf concept that wowed everyone never came out right?)

go?

Was this the first ambidextrous video game controller? It's pretty comfy desu, even with the heavy battery pack.

Go or Golf? If Golf it's probably Wii Sports Club Golf

go

Well I check Amazon JP and didn't find anything.

You could probably download this and play it on the vWii.

i think a dev was working on a rip of that game. not sure if it ever got finished

Gor gags on sandwhihes

Who is Gor?

>features locked behind figures
cant believe anyone would give N money for the amiibo cancer

But muh figurines

Wait, the Legends characters were released as DLC?

A homeless man bankrupt and driven crazy by unintentionally

is mh3 on wii u the most recent console monster hunter?

Released in the west? yes.

>white wii us not manufactured anymore
>white new 3ds xl in the west never
i hate the fingerprint lobby