/xsfg/: XSEED and Friends General, formerly /rfhmg/

Another day's work at EDF edition

A general for discussions about games published and developed by XSEED Games/Marvelous USA and their partners, including Rune Factory, Story of Seasons & pre-SOS Harvest Moon, PoPoLoCrois, Ys, The Legend of Heroes and Earth Defense Force 2017/2/4.1

Earth Defense Force 4.1 has launched on Steam and is on sale for $35 until July 25th
store.steampowered.com/app/410320/

XSeed have announced their E3 2016 lineup and it includes new titles to be localized in the west:
Corpse Party (3DS Summer 2016)
Exile’s End (PS4, PS Vita, Wii U Summer 2016)
Fate/Extella: The Umbral Star (PS4, PS Vita Winter)
Akiba’s Beat (PS4, PS Vita Winter 2016)
Shantae: Half-Genie Hero (PS4, PS Vita, Wii U Fall 2016)
Story of Seasons: Trio of Towns (Cherished Friends of Three Villages) (3DS 2017)
Touhou: Scarlet Curiosity (PS4 Summer 2016)

XSEED E3 demo: gematsu.com/2016/07/xseed-showcases-e3-2016-demos-story-seasons-trio-towns-trails-cold-steel-ii

Marvelous has announced Story of Seasons: Cherished Friends of Three Villages, currently out in Japan as of June 23 for 3DS systems.

The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky the 3rd is being localized for PC in 2017, while Trails of Cold Steel II NA releases for Vita and PS3 are due this fall.

Ys VIII Vita is out Japan, PS4 version in 2017. A 30-minute gameplay demo has been released:
youtu.be/1zk9gJ4balM

Someone ported XSEED's translation of Ys: Memories of Celceta to the Chinese PC version:
mega.nz/#F!HssCDDYZ!QLkmrL0kMhndI3i7fYzIQA

EDF 4.1 Pastebin:
pastebin.com/DyZx6Pbk

RF/Story of Seasons Stuff
fogu.com/sos1/
pastebin.com/qzgac5X7
docs.google.com/document/d/1uzfx84FBSY50B_mLKDweztBBvbcsA8lzXXSRvOrUVlg/view
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wJAHbfCCha37NPdyzgOQzNQTX-Q2OHRXPWao-gN1AG8/view
mega.nz/#F!adEBFboA!wTzdKkk5KKCppb1N2b_qRw

Falcom music archive:
pastebin.com/G2mswYCt

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=h17_m1hJ2wg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

We live once again.

bumping page 9

And the Ys VIII OST ripping marches on, guess the full version's not out yet since some have turned to just ripping the BGM from in-game:

youtube.com/watch?v=h17_m1hJ2wg

So what's the pink melons or flax thing of ToTT or ANB?

Pineapples, AFAIK.

In both?

I miss the days when the OP image was Harvest Moon or Rune Factory.

You mean two threads ago

It's almost like a new game release tends to skew things for a bit or something.

Yeah.

Forgot to add Watermelon.

So watermelon and pineapples are the real cash crop in both ANB/ToTT?

I wanted to make the thread yesterday but I didn't have the OP.

It's like that 90% of the time.

It's not like I play EDF but now it really feels like we're an XSEED general instead of just a renamed RFHM general.

Yep.

This song

fuck

As a lifelong fan of the series, I really liked the direction they took the audio style for Ys VI and Seven, but having good old fashioned Holders of Power-style metal back for boss battles is gonna make me cry

Cool, thanks. Although I don't remember seeing them in the store in ANB (I'm in the first summer). It doesn't take a ridiculous town restoration requirement to unlock them, does it?

Watermelons are unlocked starting Summer Year 3.

For Pineapples, you need to find a wild Pineapple in Southern Island and convert it to seeds.

Your earliest cash crop would be Cabbages, I'm afraid.

Southern Island?

Through Charles' Travel Agency, which you have to work on on Town Restoration #4.

damn. That is a long way off.

Cabbage in the meantime it is then, I guess.

Arm paizuri

moo

Lewd.

You want lewd?

Angela is love.

Cutelewd. What was she dreaming about?

Holding your hand. In public.

holding hands

Lewd.

She may headbutt.

But maybe in a friendly way, like a cat.

I want lewd nurse to hug me.

Indecent.

I hate how they force animals on you in some of the HM games.

That's disgusting.

Then why does it feel so good?

>lots of kasumi x mc fanart
>sparse fanart of other bachelorettes

Wew.

That's just because I'm going to marry Kasumi, so that's why I post Kasumi. There's an artist on twitter that I follow that really likes MC x Iluka.

There's also more Inari pics than the other girls, but that's to be expected.

Speaking of Kasumi, here's a new picture. Was uploaded only a few hours ago. @pyfPpP8ZTA0O6Oy on twitter.

People talk about how lewd the nurse is but how lewd is Iris in SoS?

I remember hearing something about her acting like a blushing virgin, but I don't have SoS so I won't swear to it.

Is her hair a ribbon?

also new SoS in a readable language when, I want to pirate it.

Because Angela is cuter and not used goods.

Iris speaks of doing things when the lights are out, I think.

There's nothing a great detective can't do!

i need to get around playing RF4 again after my save got fugged

Except find a husband.

Are you the print shop virus user?

You can't steal her heart. Hopefully, in RF5, though...

yes this is me you figured because this is the only pic i ever post or because i lost my file?

Come on, people. I don't have any Xseed pics to bump with.

In ANB, how do you make more plots of soil for planting? I tried hoe-ing the grass and nothing happened.

>RF5

I don't know. It's been how long since RF4?

The 2nd one. I was kind of taking a shot in the dark though.

>page 10 again

Night shift in /XSFG/ in a nutshell, really.

And I'm pretty sure I did it before. I just completely forgot.

In case it wasn't obvious, I suck at puzzle games.

I think she has a line about "teaching" you some things so i don't know about that

Night thread, hopefully I'll see you in the morning.

Translation?

cute

Anyone?

Does the most expensive gift for Shoe play sound clips, or is that Amber's gift?

You build it from the workshop.

Oh. I should've checked there.

Speaking of, one of the restoration projects wants me to make ball topiaries which involve moondrop and magic blue flowers. Those can only be found by foraging, right?

RF4
is it normal that my monsters have double the stats than i have? For example I have about 300 ATK while my monsters have 800+, and 14k HP

Probably. They can't equip anything after all, so it only makes sense they have high stats for their levels.

is it bad that i cant really go into any dungeon now without the monsters? Cause i want to level up some people from the town but dont want to grind the earlier dungeons. Also is there a penalty if a person in my party dies to a monster? Like dropping friendship level or whatever?

RUNE FACTORY 5 WHEN
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I don't know of any penalties. As for the other problem, it sounds like you're under-leveled of have lower quality equipment, or both.

(To easily grind up forging skill, make and upgrade the simplest of stuff with turnip seeds. Same with crafting.)

i have my forging level on 47 afaik but i dont have any gold so i cant make better weapons (I have been upgrading every tool/weapon i didnt use with iron cause i had so much of it)

Never ever

In ANB, why does Emma have 2 beds in her home?

Guest bed?

Being a degenerate and having a child with an elf!

Shut up knife-ear fucker.

Dolce isn't even really hugging Kiel, her other arm is holding Lest's hand over her shoulder

Damn right I am son

Seems like Dolce's trying to make sure Lest's hand doesn't leave her shoulder.

How come RF4 and SoS have both the youngest bachelor and oldest bachelorette as siblings?

I don't think Forte is the oldest bachelorette.

Yeah, Xiao's definitely in the running for oldest based on her dialogue, though I don't think Forte ever brings her age up with any particularness.

The older is technically Dolce, with Amber being the second oldest.

Meg may be older than the rest too, being an elf.

The guardians don't count and you know it

Only 2 pokeymanz?

Who has a guest bed right next to theirs?

Maybe she's divorced and booted her ex-husband out?

You think RF5 could ever come out to the 3DS?

I mean, it can't have much life left over, but I don't see any sign of the games stopping for it.

So who are they doing this for? Aden or Lest?

I doubt we'll even get a RF5 after the Forbidden Magna flop.

Both.

I really want to keep playing RF4 but fuck getting all the stuff like furnaces.

At least I know all the tricks for ez grind so I can actually get good shit and not just grind the same dungeon for weeks on end in-game.

What weapons should I outfit knightfu with?

>What weapons should I outfit knightfu with?

Stick to swords.

2hand swords

I like giving Forte gloves because I don't like her sword going through Lest's head when I talk to her, but if you give her anything other than a 2-handed sword, she loses her blinking and power wave abilities.

Amber may start with a waterpot, but give her an axe like a lollipop and she fights better.

>Lest has a lollipop