Monster Hunter General - /mhg/

Genwunners edition

>Great news!
-Monster Hunter Generations along with special edition N3DS XLs is out!
-Kiranico and MHX Dex updated

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

mhgen.kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Passcode: 7243 / Search
In Generations, Objective: Gathering
In 4U, Target: Fishing

discord.me/mhg

Tags: MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, MHO, MHFU, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/10831174
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

So it seems that the vast majority of /mhg/ hates Generations. Many are even going as far as to say that it's the first bad Monster Hunter game.

Tons are quitting the series because they're devastated.

Online is already dead.

How did Capcom manage to drop the ball so fucking hard?

Low Rank Turns
08-2034-6344-9710
rage

Come get your completionist on, or get some help moving into High Rank!

>Online is already dead.

No

So I decided to try out some other weapons besides SA to see if I like them. First I did some arena fights then I realized they have armor and weapons that aren't shit/level appropriate. So I bought an iron weapon for a few (because petrified level one is dog shit that goes red or orange too fast) and went to see how they fared against one of the lowest creatures, Arzuros (of course I left my bujabujabu with attack up gems for atk L on because there's a limit to how much of an authentic beginner hunter experience I wanted to test). I tried out the GS, L, SnS, HH, and CB.
So first thing I noticed was that his bracers need green sharpness to not say "fuck you". With GS, I came down vertically and never hit it. With Lance, again I never hit it. With HH, it didn't matter because mind's eye, same reason why it never mattered for my SA. CB never seemed to hit those because I never noticed it bounce, but SnS? If I were new and thinking of maining SnS and my combos involved me flailing around wildly hitting any old body part and bouncing this much, I'd switch.
Next was dodging. GS, CB, and HH all had a roll. Lance? It either hops back or to the side. You'd think this wouldn't be a problem, but if it charges at you from point blank while you're hitting it which it tends to do, you can't backhop away because it's coming right at ya, and sidehops barely go anywhere. Guarding eats up all of your stamina, which you already eat up doing a hop every three pokes. Lance also couldn't charge fast enough to keep up with an escaping Arzuros. Lance gets the thumbs down from me.
Finally, kill times. The GS is a slow hitter but does insane damage, it got the seal of approval. The charge blade surprisingly did well despite me barely knowing what I'm doing aside from spamming explosions. Hunting horn has the slowness of an uncharged great sword with the damage of a sword mode CB, and it's swings are so wide that I never got a KO.
So the moral of the story is GS is awesome. CB's ok

I want to BE Meowstress!

I don't see where you're going with that.

>Vast majority
Stop talking out your ass.

its not healthy to start your morning thread with misinformation and lies

Holy shit dread king armor is so cool its so edgy i love it

>lbg
Don't do it to yourself senpai, and this is coming from an LBG main.
You'll kill things much faster with HBG and Bow.
but if you REALLY insist:

I recommend really going for the pierce element shots, they absolutely shred monsters, but i listed the non pierce ones too if you want them.

Fire:
Prosperity / Rathling Phoenix for normal element shots
(Silver rath for pierce element shots)

Ice:
Daora's Hornet / Colossus' Blaster
(Zamtrios for pierce)

Water:
Nifl Mist / Royal Torrent
(Plessy for pierce)

Thunder:
Khezu Hypno / Blitz Kitin
(Elegant Parasol for pierce)

Normal (please just use hbg):
Daora's Hornet

Pierce (USE AN HBG DAMMIT):
Silverwing Narga for pierce lv 1
Shageru Magala for pierce lv 2

For sets, you'll just want
[Element] attack + 2
Element attack up
True shot up (for pierce, because those are internal ammo only)

>Did all the 6* village key quests
>After Shagaru there's no dialogue about High Rank, only the Fated Four quest
How the fuck do I unlock that?

Reposting because I didn't get any responses in the last thread. I'm looking for a multiplayer game for my 3DS that I can put hundreds of hours in to. I've never played Monster Hunter before and was thinking of getting the new one. Should I? Does it have enough content to last me hundreds of hours?

At what level do I unlock the latent deviant skills on armor?

Forced gathering
Forced quests for hunting art
Hunting styles
Gutted weapons
No end game just deviants
No substance just hodgepodge mix of other games
Doesn't even rebalance mh1 monsters like bulldrome he still has shit boxes
Forced cat missions

No

>trying to capture Kecha Watcha for torrent sacs
>it either immediately leaves after 20 seconds to a new zone when limping or ignores my traps completely until he leaves again

I went through 3 of my own goddamn traps and 2 of my cat traps

I'm fucking mad

TO ALL NIGGAS DOING SAKURA METHOD

DONT EAT BEFORE THE QUEST
DONT USE PROWLER
BRING A FARCASTER
GO FOR THE RED ORES ONLY
AND DELIVER THE COAL ONE BY ONE

Yes

Where can I see some rankings of the fastest clear times for all weapons/styles?

Lv6
Learn to Google shit

Fucking forced gameplay

You could just break its ears and kill it, it's faster.

Does anyone actually care about the story in these games or is that just a meme?

why not eat for explorer and bring farcaster? You net extra shards and charms from the few blue nodes

How many coals ?

I liked the story in 3U, didn't like the caravan thing in 4U that much.

Which monster wud u fug?

No to the story, but the dialogue is occasionally worth a chuckle so I usually read it.

Its called monster hunter not shove berries up my felyne asshole hunter

I'll give you a big wet adult kiss!

If you have a charmer set its definitely worth going for explorer.

GREATSWORD OR CHARGED BLADE FOR F U N

All of them.
At once.

Besides the gathering quests and unlocks being hidden behind trash quests it's fine
>gather 30 coal and kill 4 hyper toads for R armor
>kill mizu for better melding
>want lvl 3 arts? Do a random multi monster quest that you can't get until either a high hr or by doing even more random quests

I want to spread Mizu's slit and suck on her bubbly pussy.

Is there a way to use switchaxe without being married to nargacuga armor for evade extender?

Thanks for the response anyway. I guess it doesn't have to be LBG that I try out. But not bow- that weapon never really clicked for me the few times I've tried it in previous games and demos.

Neither. They're too slow to be fun.

i liked the road trip in 4U

otherwise nah

>Forced gathering
I know this sucks shit, but you guys make it out to be more than it is.
>Forced quests for hunter arts
I don't see the problem with this one.
>Gutted weapons
You mean the nerfs to fucking CB that was broken as shit, right?
>No end game just deviants
So the same as every other MH game Except for your first game in the franchis, 4U, which had Guild Quests, right?
>Forced cat missions
Can't you unlock everything from the village cat missions doing something like the 3* urgent in online?
Fuck bulldrome though.

strawpoll.me/10831174

strawpoll.me/10831174

strawpoll.me/10831174

strawpoll.me/10831174

strawpoll.me/10831174

>charm room from last thread
>everyone keeps delivering only 10, putting them in all at once, playing as prowler, etc

What the fuck is wrong with you people? Did you not read the guide?

w-what's fun

Landing a single lvl 3 strong charge is more satisfying than landing a 20 second flurry shit on some puny toothpick weapon like sns or DB

I assume the point is to complete the quest ASAP, which would probably net you more charms over time.

12 coals get you max rewards ONLY IF YOU PUT THEM IN THE BOX ONE BY ONE (just mash A)

That only works for you so if you're doing it alone it's okay BUT if you're in a group it's better to only deliver the coal.

What guide?

OO-

The fucking guide which has been posted in these threads a billion times, such as right here.

I'm kicking ANYONE who doesn't follow that to the letter from now on.

Because it's slower you nigger.

>Cb broken as shit
Ah so I see you didn't play 4u.
Pray tell me how a weapon, not even in top 5 kill times was broken? Let me guess the sleep cb shenanigans which was no different than stylish bombing ehcih was woefully inefficient compared to real cbs?

Noob here. If I buy the new Monster Hunter will I be able to play with you guys right away or will it take me a while to reach that point?

Is prowler not fine? Only one person really needs to be a guy to farcaster anyway

A true hunter at heart.

I also primarily play LBG, but I'm in it for Crag rapid shots and the supportive play online. My dabbling with HBG always gets me killed when I can't get out of the way.

If you are new to MH I heavily suggest playing by yourself for a while and only doing with other people what you have already killed on your own

It's the right way

EVERYONE needs farcaster you idiot. How else are you going to deliver the coals ASAP?

Are any of the deviant armor sets really good for gunners?

How are you supposed to get all your coal back to the box quickly if you can't fucking farcast

why did you call me a nigger?

Because you only need 12? Ok, 2 guys need farcaster

>Is going slow not fine when the whole point is going fast?

Because /mhg/ said so, okay!?

You use a farcast you dunce.

That's called leeching you shitter. All 4 need to just grab ~6 coal and then farcast back to base and deposit them.

Thankfully my IP resets every minute, no need to thank me for those yes votes.

>Landing a single lvl 3 strong charge is more satisfying than landing a 20 second flurry shit on some puny toothpick weapon like sns or DB
It really isn't though

Does aerial style seem OP to anyone else? Especially aerial SA, and some monsters don't have any answer to airborne threats.

>Le ebino jap speed runs apply to nirmal play XDD

Worst meme

I like lbg the most, but i've died more times while being locked into place from rapid firing than doing anything else with HBG.

Stealing KOs with crag shots is hilarious though

>rage
I can only enter numbers what is this

>deliver 3 popo tongues
>find a single room with popos
>kill one
>big guy shouts
>loot a tongue
>other popos gone
>no popos anywhere on the entire map anymore

ok

Every weapon for F U N. Satisfaction is subjective, so you'll have to try everything. Most people would say lance isn't fun to play, but I find poke poke evading through everything a monster does to be fun as hell. Some people say bow is fun, I find it the most boring weapon in the series.

But if you're choosing between those and you're not very experienced with the game, charge blade. If you are experienced, landing Lv3 GS charges is orgasmic and what the fuck are you asking this stupid question for

The point of doing it in a group is that you don't need to colect all 12 coals alone, you can get the job done faster if each hunter deliver his share of coal.

>group of 2
6 coals each

>group of 3
4 coals each

>group of 4
3 coals each

It's simple math.

>tfw aerial LBG
This is so much fucking fun.

CHARM FARMING
ONE SLOT OPEN

40-4414-8796-9040

Want to use HBG, no idea where to start. Should I just stick with upgrading the petrified weapon I got at the start?

>/mhg/ says a weapon is cheesy so it has to be meme
Nah this is the worst one

I couldn't figure out how to use it effectively. Hard to maintain critical distance and hit weak spots if you have to stick within leaping distance and you're shooting at the monster's back.

Explain your fun.

I think purple sharpness should be eliminated from all future installments of monster hunter. Purple sharpness should be turned into a hunter art, just give you that purple for a limited amount of time. I think the risk of bouncing off a monster should always be present so timing and placement is always meaningful.

somebody didn't read very carefully

So, is blunt power viable only on the weapons with natural mind's eye? Getting a set with both skills sounds like it's really going to limit my choices of a third skill.

Arbalest is easy to get and has siege Normal 1, which is infinite and free, so that's a comfortable intro to the weapon. If you decide you like the way that plays, then look into branching out and prepare to either farm a lot or pay out the ass for ammo.

Someone up for unlocked HR turns?

Yes

Nah, there are better options. I suggest Arbalest > Meteor Bazooka > Najarala for low rank while you're getting your footing. Or use the Tankmage if you wanna try pellet. (read: SOLO PLAY ONLY)

>Aerial LBG
>Fun

I mean, it looks cool, but enjoy dying super fast because you're constantly close to the monster and doing piss damage because backs aren't weak spots 99% of the time.

Ok

I've been playing the Generations demo for hours and I'm loving it. Is it a good representation of the entire game?

Can you exhaust hyper monsters?
Should I bother using stamina oil if I can't reliably hit the head to stun them?

No, because there's no gathering in the demo

LBG has horrible damage for Aerial. If you want to be at least semi-useful, use Aerial Pellet HBG (you need crouch fire pellet too). Generally speaking, Steve HBG + Blizzard Lagombi set gives decently good results. Just pellet spam them until they topple, and then spam normal2 in their face once you knock them over (and repeat).

I joined an existing room, feel free to join as well

Somewhat skills do cb need this time around?
Guard+2
Art novice
Razor sharp

like usual?
What styles is best. I hate adept scrub-enablist play and keep hearing striker is actually the best of you have the frenzy hunting art

Which ones have natty mind's eye again?

I know SA sword mode has it.

LS combo has it too, right? and AEDs from the cb have it too I think. Does IG have an extract for mind's eye? Is that all of them?

>Gets proven wrong
>it's r-rigged!!

You don't actually die that fast in lr which is where it's most fun. The evade distance boost is about as useful as the adept dodge on hr hunts, but I'm still running adept.