How come cars and mods like this are frowned upon in the US, but are still common in Japan?

How come cars and mods like this are frowned upon in the US, but are still common in Japan?
Also why are there no meetups like this in America?
youtube.com/watch?v=SvT7xO43CBQ

>it is no longer en vogue
>American car enthusiasts are a bunch of judgemental assholes

because it looks like something i made on NFS when i was 8

Look around this board. People get pissy as soon as you start talking about speeding around, and this is a car enthusiast board, supposedly. Your average citizen is a docile bread and circus dumbass who hates when others have fun in any way other than sitting inside their own home watching shitty """comedy""" tv shows. Sad really.

You know, I live in the US and I'm not even sure what the current car culture is. is it 20" wheels on late model muscle cars?

I've noticed this recently. In the past, Veeky Forums was all about hooning and shit in the streets. They knew that if you had fun, you could still be safe. Now all they care about is being safe and NEVER SPEEDING NOT EVEN ONE MPH OVER.
The only car culture I can think of is "jay dee emm" cucks and brotrucks.

>Now all they care about is being safe and NEVER SPEEDING NOT EVEN ONE MPH OVER.
Pisses me off. This board is really going downhill.

Stance
But what it actually is, is people standing around their shitty cars talking about vape pens. That or boomers in their totally stock classics.

Yeah it really seems like there's no true dominant culture. I know different places have smaller local cultures, like when I was living in Texas last year there was always a lifted brotruck meet every Friday at the Target.

Around here I've seen two mint Ford Festivas which is pretty impressive. I hope that's a dominant culture in the area.

>I've noticed this recently. In the past, Veeky Forums was all about hooning and shit in the streets. They knew that if you had fun, you could still be safe. Now all they care about is being safe and NEVER SPEEDING NOT EVEN ONE MPH OVER.

I swear to god it's a bunch of girls shitposting just to fuck with us, I've never met a br/o/ irl that doesn't love hoonage

I started on this board back in '08 and was a pretty avid post until about 2011. After that I've only come back periodically and I was surprised to see how different the board is. I'm not even sure people remember frolo or driving accurately and on special lines. It's a whole new board.

I really don't understand how it happened either. Not to mention how much more helpful this board used to be to newbs too.

Also,
>CRANKWALK

>frolo
Please dont mention him
RIP

There nothing wrong with speeding but if you are flooring it on my residential street that has a 20 mph speed limit in your shitty straight piped Honda you bet you ass I'm going to be pissed
There's a time and a place and if you don't realize this you are children

Yeah, see? This is the type of shit we're talking about. Fuck off back to /n/.

>I've never met a br/o/ irl that doesn't love hoonage
I've never met a br/o/ ;_;7

It fucking sucks, there has never been a meet in my area, and right now I'm too ashamed of my shitbox to even go to one. There have been meets just north and just south of me, but both are too far away to justify going to them. I guess I could just sleep in the back of my car instead of renting a hotel if I had to go to one.

Old Veeky Forums thread?
Old Veeky Forums thread.

There's a difference between speeding and putting people in danger. If it's a residential area, that's one thing, but if it's a winging road or a place with little traffic and no crossroads, I see no reason why I shouldn't be able to hoon or race my friends on it. I'm only going to put myself in danger, and that's a risk I'm willing to take.

Watch crank walk. Walk crank walk.

>A whild Miata appears in front of you
>you choose vehicular manslaughter

No one hoons through residential streets at those speeds, for a start its boring and secondly its just not intelligent to do.

The hilarious thing is the people getting uppity [including tripfag cancer] when suggesting going 10-20 over the speed limit and doing skids/taking good lines through corners on backroads which are all perfectly safe to do if you have more than a handful of functioning braincells.

Street Racers are into really high hp builds (like 750+rwhp). From what I'm seeing its mostly LSx swapped stuff, Terminators, GT500s, Corvettes, 2011+ Mustang GTs, GT-Rs, and a handful of Lamborghinis.

Ricers are now into stancing, and cambered cars. I've noticed a lot of older Luxury Sport Coupes (335i, G35/37, Lexus IS350, Audi A4/S4, etc).

> (You)
>Old Veeky Forums thread?
>Old Veeky Forums thread.

I have all the images I saved off that board on a hard drive back home :/

If I had them I could just dump away. Lan-Evo is king of the mountain pass. Shit, I feel like just spewing these off is the dumbest thing to do. It's all coming back so quickly

Was frolo the guy who flipped his Miata and died?

>Highly repressed culture built around conformity while condemning individualism and free-thinking
>People rebel against it
Welcome to collectivism

Is street racing really a thing? I mean, there's nothing quite like fnf happening in real life from what I've seen but street racing seems like it's so uncommon that it can't even be counted as a real part of the culture.

He passed from hitting his skull against an unpadded rollbar in his miata during a crash.

It's not really racing just people with fast cars see each other then see who's faster in a straight line.

Police just use the 'street racing' moniker to fear monger and give bigger punishments.

If you drive good roads on the weekends you'll find someone who'll try and keep up to you or get away from you and have a bit of a spirited laugh.

Oh I see what you mean, even I've done a little bit of that when I run into cars on the highway that I'd like to see take off. I drive a pretty stock BRZ so I'm not beating much in a race but it is cool to see supercharged 5.0s and Vipers take off and pretend like you're in the race.

Sometimes it's set-up ahead of time like in your chinese cartoon. Other times it's seeing another built car on the highway and doing a pull.

american car manufacturers literally cannot stand up to imports so they cried to the government and banned imports lel

I am actually considering doing a build and finishing it like cars in Japan look nowadays or they used to in all the fnf movies. Something like a 240SX or 2.5RSTi with vinyl graphics and manufacturer stickers. I got the inspiration rewatching Tokyo Drift and then a few documentaries on YouTube about Japanese car culture.

Go for it. Learn as you go. I got inspired to do the same thing watching B is for Build

Not that I've noticed. Where I live people like to make their vehicles as noisy as possible, but I never see people racing or even excessively speeding, and I'm frequently out at night. It doesn't help that this city has the highest per capita patrol officers I've ever fucking seen.

I've never done a full build before, only small stuff here and there. Closest I got was replacing a lot of shit on an '89 Mustang GT. Right now it's between something like a 90's JDM or a late 60s/early 70s muscle car. Really different I know, but I've always wanted a 69 Mustang fastback or a 72 Torino and right now is probably the only time in my life I will have the time and resources to do a build of any sort.

I mean I could do an RB-motored Mustang.

Just start small. Work your way up.

It's all peacocking

Don't copy FNF, you should come up with something on your own.

>Turbo Miata engine in a Plymouth Duster

2JZ in a Stingray Corvette

This. I think the tuning culture got too derivative too quick thanks to FnF even though it did help expand everything for a time.