What does non-burgerland Veeky Forums think about the new Hilux?

What does non-burgerland Veeky Forums think about the new Hilux?

>inb4 pigfat

Looks good, my warrior is getting a bit old.

They look great, but they are really frail and really unconfortable and jump like hell.

Get a tacoma and shut up.

> hilux
> frail
Lpl

looks better with a bullbar t͏bh

dont exist outside the US, read the OP nigger

I prefer its american cousin. With the exception of the diesel, we have better engine options.

no one buys petrol hilux's outside the US

looks kinda sandnigger-y
>"really frail"
The Hilux, unlike the tacoma, has fame for being really reliable, extremely durable, and on top of that, you get dirt cheap OEM parts anywhere

The tacoma lacks the elegant simplicity and ease of maintenance of the hilux, but both are rock solid vehicles.

American audiences have different requirements for vehicles than the rest of the world. Its not enough to just be mechanically sound anymore. Us amerifags demand gadgets and a certain (retarded) level of creature comfort/driving aids. The rest of the world is cool with having a truck that does the fucking job. But at the end of the day, they are both toyotas

too fat, too high, too luxurious and because of that too expensive compared to previous generations, in Chile it losed terrain in favor of the far more espartan Nissan Terrano and to a lesser extent to Mazda BT-50's and Mitsubishi L200. A similar thing happened to Chevrolet's LUV D-max as D-Max it's far more luxurious and expensive than LUV's

Here in Australia the Hilux has developed a bad reputation thanks to their numerous breakages and recalls on this so called "unbreakable" 4x4.

The Mazda BT50 has gained favour for workmen, and the Ford Ranger with posers. Also the abysmal fuel econony of the petrol pissed a lot of people off.

Anyone who says otherwise is either:
> salty for buying a shitty hilux
> working for toyota
or
> 14 years old and their dad owns one and its really unbreakable and parts are cheap hurr durr

Not true. They're popular in South America.

Considering the Hilux is still the second best selling vehicle of any class, and there's no petrol options in either the BT50 or Ranger (bar the 2WD courier contracting specials), I'd say you're full of shit.

>having such a small penis that you have to buy a truck

Its a ute not a truck
Men in first world countries (not America) buy these because they are actually used for intended purposes

a) by very definition it isn't a "ute" (even though all us ausfaggots refer to them as such)
b) stop replying to lowest common denominator shitposters.

They got 3.5 tonne towing capacity yet like the ranger and dmax?

Yeah, the latest ones do.
From memory you have to option the auto to get the full 3500kg GTM (from memory the manual is capped at 3100kg?).
I think I'd still go for the fullsize VDJ79 though if I was going to be regularly towing that much.

The bosses at my work purchased 2 new ones a month ago, there comfy quick and pretty good on economy, im in new zealand

Noice. For years in the UK if you wanted to do some serious towing you pretty much had Land Rover and little else. Now they've gone all posh city cunt and have forgotten about their customer base everyone is twitching over to pickups, so another competitor is good.

>looks kinda sandnigger-y
It's because this pick-up is sold mostly in the Middle East-African markets.

The base V8 comes with a single turbo charger. The higher option engine has dual turbos with greater variable geometry.

This.
Even still, I don't see the issue with it looking "sandnigger-y".

There's a few sold in the UAE too.

The base V8 is the only one in the VDJ70s. The twin turbo is reserved for the J200. Although I can tell you first hand the lower spec single turbo 1VD by no means comes up short, as its modest torque peak is available from 1200rpm out to over 3000rpm.

fuck, that looks badass

I'm about to buy a 2wd petty one, going to be fucking mental.

Spotted the underage fag whos dad owns a pus-lux

gr8 b8 m8, I r8 it 8/8

Dragging such a pile of stuff with you just to go camping for a bit, jeez.

I would presume that "bit of camping" would involve pissing off up the cape for a month or so. Me personally, I wouldn't bother with a quad, but one of those fold out campers with a dirtbike on the drawbar would be nice.
One Powerball...

Something like that.

Or do it in style. Why? Because Landcruiser.

how far can you get in a caravan but? Haven't been up the cape but the weight must get a bit hektik

It would severely limit you, but you'd pull it to where you'd want to set up a base, and go from there. Depends entirely on the remoteness and time you're camping for.

>going camping
>bringing a trailer full of firewood with you
top wew

>implying that wasn't gathered on the way to the campsite
Do you just burn deodorant and flyspray cans?

>BT50
They haven't gained favour with anybody.
>Ford Ranger with posers
Except for how it's the best 4x4 ute and has the 5 cylinder option making it almost as popular as the hilux with everyone
>fuel economy of the petrol pissed
Those people were fucking retards, then. It's a 4x4, no petrol will ever be good on fuel in it.

You're a fucking moron who doesn't know anything about the market, didn't even bother to talk about the VW.

The bt-50 and the ranger use the same engine m8. Also the hilux and amarok are both shit tier.

lmao no one has bought the bt50 because of how ugly it is, the guys at the dealership are pretty pissed the ranger is outselling it

Still, I South America buys more diesels than petrol hilux anyways

In Argentina they've gained the indestructible badge, and seriously, I wherever the fuck you go, even in the most remote place on the whole country, a hilux will appear, and that's because they've gained their title as hard working vehicles for hard working people, in like for example, in the mining or agrarian industries.
Plus and because they get to manufacture their hilux I am their home country , they get dirt cheap auto parts

but that's only true for older (classic) Hiluxes ... new ones don't feel as good for work, they look more like a luxury vehicle than a work truck

In burgerland, trucks are pretty much all we have as far as 4x4 utility vehicles. The Van market has moved into econoshitbox territory where even AWD is hard to come by.

Where i come from, your truck isnt broken in until its got some dings in the bed, and a fucked up windshield

Old ones take all the beating you want.

But new ones fail a lot and the most minimal hit will fuck them up.

Where I live almost everyone has one and they keep complaining about it, but then they buy the next year model

I don't live in the burgerland and I owned one, I've even seen them in Germany/Spain

Looks like an overweight Camry.

No one buys petrol Hilux's in the US either, seeing as they don't sell them here.

Ah bullshit. The newer ones are just as purposeful as the older ones.

>I'm such a man I don't need a campfire
>I just stand in the middle of the Forrest until the sun comes up