House prices are very expensive in Australia. I want have my own property to live in. How can I do it?

House prices are very expensive in Australia. I want have my own property to live in. How can I do it?

Other urls found in this thread:

news.com.au/finance/economy/australian-economy/australia-six-weeks-from-a-housing-collapse-us-report-warns/news-story/866d2fdee41b1227ce654f66ed8d9837
realestate.com.au/property-unit-wa-maylands-123573822
realestate.com.au/property-unit-wa-spearwood-123433430
realestate.com.au/property-house-wa-medina-122835018
realestate.com.au/property-house-wa-warnbro-122661526
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

get a job

nah

Remove the Chinese desu

wait 2 to 5 years, and this 100x alternatively, go in to politics and take hefty sums from wealthy chinese, use that for your umpteenth investment prop

Wait.

In his first speech as PM a few weeks back I heard "our generation fucked up, but there is time to fix it". Wasn't on the news but he basically said it.

That and a lot of rambling about feeling financial pain of you're basically above 50yo. Will be interesting.

Buy a house in a regional town. $100k or less.

House in outer subburbs.
the end.

>travelling two hours to and from work
nah

Just fucking live at your job. Right in the office.

how about not being a complete fucking cuck and work from the comfort of your own home instead

>learn about free market capitalism
>become a charismatic leader to repeal laws that make housing expensive
>buy house

Then get a rent. Clearly, you cannot afford a house in inner suburbs.

Min wage cuckery in Australia brings in over $30k plus govt assistance.

Fuck, even unemployment benefits for a married couple with 1 child is $1300 per month.

And you claim housing prices are out of reach?

You can literally get a $200,000 mortgage with unemployment benefits.

Correction: $1300 every 2 weeks, not monthly

Buy a unit. Lots of units in metro areas still go for under 400k.

Buy close to work and your commute time and costs are substantially reduced

Malcolm turnbull has a special line of kneepads, I highly recommend them.
Also, if you buy a BMW, your house is worth more so do that before you sell it.

Median house prices in Melbourne and Sydney are 600-700K.
1bd Apartments are $250-300+

$200,000 mortgage would be nice.

This is my plan. Keeping an eye on 2 bedroom 2 bathroom apartments, will hopefully smash one out for around 450k, walk to work and live a decent city life. It's expensive and there's no denying our houses and apartments are far overvalued, but at the end of the day it's a place to live, it's convenient and it will give me a lot of leisure time because no commute.

>buying an apartment in the city

please, for just a year, rent a nice house way out in rural australia

you can even rent places within a 5 minute walk to the beach

just get out of the city, your attitude may not change but if you've only tolerated city living you will want to kill yourself 10 years from now

City apartments are bad investments.
Prices are dropping and they keep building more. Everything might seem over-priced, but if you buy an apartment in the next year, you won't be able to sell it for what you bought it for.

move somewhere else

Would it be smart to get into real-estate since the houses are all super expensive?

I grew up in a town of less than 5000 people for 18 years, and live suburban at the moment. I'm much more eager for city living for the convenience.

>rent
>save as much as you can for the next 10 years
>buy cheap house

The real state bubble is going to break within the next 8 years
The next economic crisis that hits china will obliterate foreign investment in real state, it will force interest rates up therefore cutting down deman and effectively dropping the prices.

>it will force interest rates up

can you explain your reasoning? That doesn't make any sense.

Why would the reserve bank let interest rates increase when faced with a chinese-led demand slump?

You think that's bad, look at Auckland.

Interest rates are at its lowest point in history. When house prices start going down and investors start going bankrupt, the central bank will realise what a horrible mistake it was to play alongside the government to try and kept the bubble. Interest rates will go back to normal.

Congratulations on having absolutely no idea how modern central banks operate.

>Hey you pay like .5% interest on your million dollar mortgage, and your bank charges you like 3% for the risk
>Shit China stopped spending money
>Hey, interest rates are now at 6%, and you're paying 11% on your mortgage and effectively your debt costs more than you earn a year

See how the logic doesn't work user?
There is no normal interest rate. However the current rate has created catastrophically dangerous credit and equity bubbles.

>inb4 "i'm american, I know about money."

kek

>RE/KT

Honestly the realistic option if you're a 20something who wants to buy a decent house that's not
>middle of nowhere
>a dump
You need to find a partner and do it together. It's just not really possible otherwise for the average person with a decent career. You're fucking yourself too hard financially otherwise, there's no room for losing your job if you do it completely solo.

But if you want a $500K-$600K house with two solid incomes it is very doable.

The hard part? Finding a partner you're willing to buy a house with.

That's not how Australia works, mate.

If you're not born into privilege, you're never owning a house.

Definitely not. Interest rates /are/ at historic lows, and it /is/ a terrible idea for them to keep it this low, but no central bank would raise the interest rates in a time of chinese instability.
This is also very accurate. I don't think realistically I would be able to (easily) buy any kind of home without a partner, and even with a dual income I think we will be struggling financially for a long time until it is paid off.

Save up enough that you can put 50% down on a house when the market drops hard.

Europoor here.
Why is Australian real estate priced so high? Your island is huge and you have only 23 million people there.

>Why is Australian real estate priced so high? Your island is huge and you have only 23 million people there.
95% of our island is uninhabitable/farmland. The vast, vast majority of our population are concentrated around the capital cities of each state. Melbourne and Sydney have similar populations to new york city.

So then it's just a question of location and demand close to important city centers is high since many skilled people with a lot of money want to move there.
The outskirts of the cities are cheap right?

>The outskirts of the cities are cheap right?
No. Cheaper but still not cheap. The problem is there is no viable alternatives. Rural areas have shit infrastructure and very little appeal to the masses, and nojobs.

That being said, it doesn't necessarily make sense that our house prices are worse than say, germany, given that they have even more population in ostensibly less space. They would have a similar level of income to us and everything.
Personally what I think has happened is that the government have rigged the game so that house prices should inevitably go up, for reasons unknown.

Your lack of agency is not my concern.

Quit your mcjob and find some real work.

Just wait 6 weeks

news.com.au/finance/economy/australian-economy/australia-six-weeks-from-a-housing-collapse-us-report-warns/news-story/866d2fdee41b1227ce654f66ed8d9837

Nothing to do with habitable land. State and local government restricts the land supply artificially through restrictive zoning laws, and the feds shore up demand for that choked supply by maintainng high immigration levels.

Majority of that population is condensed into Melbourne, Brisbane and Sydney.

Build a tent you can wear. You own the world now dog.

>Go into politics.
>Buy a house in Canberra.
>Charge the taxpayer $300 a night for you to live there.
>Charge the taxpayer for your holidays, travel by helicopter.
>Take bribes from Murdoch, Gena or some other corporate faggots
>Charge the tax payer for your 8 hour lunch break where you negotiated said bribes
>Do no actual work ever
>wank off into a camera at election time

This is how I do it, anyway.

Basically this

>Nothing to do with habitable land. State and local government restricts the land supply artificially through restrictive zoning laws, and the feds shore up demand for that choked supply by maintainng high immigration levels.
And this. Banana republic was being too generous. We're not even a republic..

>>>/leftypol/ fuck off faggots

this desu. Get in on that mining crash where the "solar is for leftie fags" is on the way out and you'll be laughing when hot as fuck part of the country (queensland) start getting mega rich off of solar farming.

Take someone elses house by force and defend it using weapons. You won't have to pay for the house OR any rent.

chinese people come in and hike the prices up

mate there's a half decent discussion on zoning laws being a big issue in this over on /aus/, but you need to be on the right chan first

Move to somewhere aside from Australia.

You literally get all of the Liberal Cancer of Europe but with none of the safety.

We all live in the same places. Noone wants to live in the sticks

In my industry, I can not find work outside the major capitals.

I could live in the rural areas, but I would be earning minimum wage doing shit without reskilling.

So like 90% of australians I compete for inner city space

You Aussies don't have suburbs with convenient trains to be able to ride to the city center/areas in the city?

Hell, even in my city we have those and American cities are not famed for walkability and mass transit.

I hope this happens

Australia is safer and more isolated than Europe, fucker.

>You Aussies don't have suburbs with convenient trains to be able to ride to the city center/areas in the city?
Yeah we do but it's crowded as fuck. Peak-hour trains are japan-tier cramped.

Then why not deal with that if you want a home?

If you can't compromise on something, you should move to America where houses are plentiful and sold often.

The suburbs are still expensive as fuck

Buy a shithole like i did in america and spend 3 times what u would on rent just keeping shit together.

Rent until u die user.

stop expecting a 600 square meter, freshly renovated house 10 minutes from the cbd then?
>realestate.com.au/property-unit-wa-maylands-123573822
>realestate.com.au/property-unit-wa-spearwood-123433430
>realestate.com.au/property-house-wa-medina-122835018
>realestate.com.au/property-house-wa-warnbro-122661526
You could comfortably pay off any of the above as a single person on an average australian salary. What's the problem here?

You're posting meth dens in WA, who thr fuck wants to live in Perth right now?
Hint: No one
Aus infrastructure is notoriously bad, it takes around 2 hours for me to go one way into the city using public transport despite it only being around a 25km distance.

This is unreasonable for people who HAVE to work near the city. A lot of jobs are only present in the CBD's.

Yea but I am not about to live in the middle of nowhere and travel 6 hours to work.
Yea, an hour from Sydney, you are still paying shit tonnes, unless you are very far from public transport.

Graduating soon with Engineering degree.
GPA 3.8, worked in finance place part time during all of uni, talked to current finance place about possible employment they said 90k.

I used commbanks loan calc and they said 550k is how much I can probably borrow.

Should I hang around in my parents house for a year, save up 60k and then buy myself a 1bdr apartment in Sydney?

The reason I said my GPA was to point out I will be able to get secure employment in engineering/finance with high pay upon graduating.

My narcissism was only half the reason i said it

550K 1 br Syndey

Wew lad

Northern beaches and Mosman area.

I want to live where I grew up, job is there as well

You'd be really dumb to buy now.

Wait for the interest rate to go lower.

Wait for the inevitable crash/pop. Buy same place at 250k~.

Shit son, when I quote you unemployment benefits and a hypothetical mortgage even that can obtain, I'd expect a comment along the lines of "gee, and I actually have a job so I can qualify for a larger mortgage"

Not
>TFW no aboriginal heritage for bonus bux

>who thr fuck wants to live in Perth right now?
:-(

A correction is coming. I'd wait.

Guess I'm going to be living with my parents for another few years lol.

No harm done, save up 300k.

>who the fuck wants to live in perth right now?
hint: no one.

perth house prices are among the most fucked in the country.

And like I said, you're not going to get beachside property 10 mins from the CBD. But you can get a decent property on an average wage, it's pretty straightforward if you're able to save money.