Americans of Veeky Forums, why haven't you imported one of these sexy bricks yet?

Americans of Veeky Forums, why haven't you imported one of these sexy bricks yet?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4XJvwB3mNYg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Because I have no money.

Because I want to import a Beat instead.

Because it's shit.

Because I'm a faggot

I've wanted a Skyline for so long and I was super excited back in 2014 when the R32s opened up. But when it came time to buy a car I could get a brand new BRZ for the same cost as buying and importing a 25 year old twin turbo GT-R. I just couldn't justify paying that much for such an old car in unknown condition when I needed a car that would be reliable. Maybe in a few years when the R33s and R34s are coming in I might be in a position where I can afford a car like that as a second vehicle.

Because I can buy a slow car from the 80s without paying import tax.

Because i want to import a aussie "ute" instead.

In North America the only Skylines people seem to care about are the 32 and on (mostly just the R34)

I don't think this one was ever featured in the Fast and the Furious so it just doesn't have the same appeal as the others and if it isn't even AWD then that's probably a double downer.

Because I can't

Seconding a Aussie car with the Walkinshaw.

Not sure how livable this would be but id sure as hell try to make it work.

Too busy breaking my Mitsubishi to break a Nissan too

>I am a poorfag with a vagina
FTFY

boring nerd alert

e

R33s are attainable and have been for years now. It's just a different way of importing them because you're not doing it under the 25-year exemption. You're bringing it in through a registered importer and shipping it off to JK Technologies or whatever to have it tweaked to meet a few US standards.

Because Skyline GTRs are overrated as fuck and there are better jap cars that you can get legally

youtube.com/watch?v=4XJvwB3mNYg

They're not GTR.

Because I spent 1/5th what I would spend on importing an RB20 DR30/R31 on putting an RB25 in my 73 Z.

why? I could get a mk3 supra which is 1000000x better

that bodykit is disgraceful user

>3800lbs
>Tiny steering angle
>God-awful suspension
>No power

Sure, user. Keep telling yourself that.

It's all about the downhill buddy

>shit steering
>shit suspension
>not integral pieces of mastering the downhill

The mkiii is good at doing nothing but cruising the highway

He's right in a sense... That shit doesn't matter when "downhill" is in relation to driving off the side of a hill. In which the overweight bucket of shit A70 Supra would be of an advantage.

So is that fucking paint job

But the MK3 is poop

>Talking shit about a BT1
Yallah my cousins would fuckin smash you gronk

>implying I would keep the thing stock

lmao

bt1 chip adds 50kw uleh

>kw
its a car not a fucking lightbulb

lmao americucks still actually use imperial?

>"hi I would like 1/3 of a gallon of gas(actually petrol) so I can run a quarter mile

Shut the fuck up zub

kW is THE appropriate unit.
PS/HP/CV/blah is a retarded invention to have bigger numbers.

It's also not a horse drawn carriage.

It's not poop
It's just more of a grand tourer than a sports car or performance car. If I was going up the Pacific coast I would want a Supra, but if I was going through the Rockies I'd much rather have a Skyline

Because importing in general is between 2k and 2.5k to get the car here and around red tape. not including the price of the car initially. For 2-2.5k you could have a very reliable Honda Civic, or a $500 Pontiac Fiero modified to your tastes that could outperform it.

>It's not poop
Nah, it is. It's heavy, the suspension geometry is flawed, and the engine is a gimp.
>b-b-but grand tourer!
You're an idiot for wanting a mk3 supra over a skyline. A skyline makes a good GT car and has none of the problems that the supra has. The only thing the supra does better is look good sitting still.

you know what's better
decimal inches
divisibility you know what that is ?
else you a dumb fuck

Oh tell us wise one, what better Japanese automobile can I have legally in the United States over the lowly GT-R?

The price of legalizing them is like $30k plus however much you pay for the car

>divisibility you know what that is ?

Unimportant is what it is.

>why haven't you imported one of these sexy bricks yet?

Because no GT-R version. Most powerful trim barely made 200hp. What the point of saying you imported a Skyline if it's slow?

that's not a bodykit user, google: walkinshaw

>buying fuel in 1/3 gallon increments

Enjoy those fuel prices

americans dont know of any skylines post the R32

>y bothre getin a car unles its fast XD
gee whiz kid try hiding your american a bit better

I thought I was the only one.

Please keep this a secret so I can finish saving up money to import one.

Mfw no Suzuki Alto
>awd
>turbo
>800cc
>1200 pounds

>license plate covering intercooler
ABSOLUTE MADMAN

They aren't suited to North American roads, I considered importing one

Yep, not worth the cost at all.

Because you are basically paying to have a car that isn't fast or even unique. As far as the Skyline model goes, the R31 was unremarkable. Aesthetically, it was a victim of the bland 1980s design that was common for Japanese econoboxes of the time. Wasting your money to import obscure and irrelevant cars is equivalent to wearing a fedora.

>victim of the bland 1980s design that was common for Japanese econoboxes of the time
smokin opinion you got there

I live in California and as much as I want to (after I graduate and have a real job) I feel like it'd be a pain in the ass to make it street legal in CA

I would like to get that car though, plus or minus one generation

there's one for sale an hour away from me for €9k, yellow with yellow wheels and those sexy as fuck zebra seats, one owner and it came to Germany when it was new. I really want it but I would need something a bit more spacious for when I want to buy more than a sixpack of beer and I can't really afford 2 cars. Fuck...

Thank Mercedes and shitbird lawmen otherwise we would have long ago
>Germans ruin literally everything

If I bought every car sight unseen I'd have been absolutely fucked a few years ago.
I still talk to importers though. More looking at R30s and Ford falcons.

>R30
>4 cylinder turbo
>200 horsepower
>R31
>6 cylinder turbo
>210 horsepower

Yo it's still aesthetic as fuck, but come on Nissan what the fuck?

>"user what car do you drive?"
>A Skyline
>"Oh cool, a GTR?"
>N-no just a Skyline
>"Oh well at least it's fast right?"
>Not really
>"Well such an old car couldn't have cost you that much, right?"
>...

It's a labor of love senpai. A labor of love...
;_;

>tfw it's factory

The rx7 when it's running right.

Is that an Accord?

Because I'm
Canadian and they've been legal here for a long ass time. I see highschoolers driving around in older Skylines