I have a 2009 accord exl v6 sedan and lately i've been seeking to trade it in for something else - new mustang...

i have a 2009 accord exl v6 sedan and lately i've been seeking to trade it in for something else - new mustang, 2000's era 4runner; something with personality and that's what i think what's wrong.

The accord is a brilliant car, don't get me wrong, it gets me from point A to point B without any hesitation (except the 3rd cylinder did have a misfire, but thanks to the recall it was fixed with no charge) but I feel like that's kinda the problem. I believe what clarkson said about cars having a personality and traits that make them human. my question to you is, what do i trade this piece of shit in for?

>don't get me wrong
Oh, I'm gonna get you wrong. Already done it. Too late.

Honda Civic

yep. well this was my college graduation gift, so i really had no say in it. worth about $9k now. make about $52k a year after taxes

plz no

>new mustang, 2000's era 4runner; something with personality
First order of business is to decide what kind of vehicle you want. Then narrow it down to model.

yeah. my first car was a 99 mustang and i had a blast with it. my second car was an xterra and it was really nice having all that space. i'd get a crossover but they all look just terrible.

been considering the IS300 for luxury, performance and space

honestly i bet i do sound retarded because i just don't know what i want yet.

keep it as a reliable DD, then get a cool, potentially less reliable weekend/classic car.

>IS300
These are nice, but don't sleep on IS350. What's your budget?

max $25k

cash or financing?

financing

Well, in that case... I picked up my '07 Lexus IS350 for $16k. Fairly luxurious and quick as fuck. Definitely worth a look if you're interested in the IS300.

They only come in auto though. Just FYI.

damn how do you like it so far?

$16k would be amazing for me.

this seems like a great idea. I was honestly looking at some beat up 944s's and for shits and giggles found a 96 2.2 celica for $1k

>The answer is always miata

How much can you afford for a down payment?

i would use my car as a trade in. other than that, probably $1k

btw how reliable is the is350? are they still bullet proof no matter what year?

Then you shouldn't do anything yet. Make another thread when you have 5k cash and can keep the accord.

>how do you like it so far?
My biggest complaint is headroom. I'm only 5'10'' and feel like I have just enough space. Probably not for anyone over 6 ft tall.

Other than that, it's very smooth and has way more power than I really need.
>306 HP, 277 TQ

Not really the street-racing type, but I've seen numerous YouTube videos of IS350 beating 350Z's and STi's. Not bad for a Lexus! Total sleeper.

High quality materials, great stereo/speakers, and some of the cleanest exterior styling I've seen on a car.

I think they should generally be pretty damn reliable because Toyota. They've been using this 3.5L engine for quite some time now. That being said, I've heard other owners bitching about some problem with the piston rings or something. I have yet to run into this issue, so we'll just see what happens :-)

>Has a big comfy leather seated Honda with a great V6
>wants to trade it for an entry model luxury car

Why OP? Stick with the Honda if you're going to keep driving a sedan.

>Thinks Accord w/ leather seats = Lexus
I'm not saying he should't keep his Accord, but this is ridiculous.

they're fake leather and the seats will hurt your ass if you sit in them longer then 30 min.

the v6 has problems with the "eco" mode you can't shut off - it lags whenever you're coasting on the highway and want to pass someone over. takes a noticable time to switch from 3 cylinders to 6 cylinders.

honestly this engine bugs the shit out of me. it's a v6, but it only seems to be there when you accelerate from a complete stop.