Why is it so painful to say goodbye to your car, even if it was a piece of shit?

Why is it so painful to say goodbye to your car, even if it was a piece of shit?

because people like us don't fully understand or trust human beings so when a machine is a reliable constant in our lives we develop a bond

I can't really put it into words after trying
But it feels the same as saying goodbye to a friend
So I guess to us cars are good friends that we love

Someday love will find you
Break those chains that bind you
One night will remind you
How we touched
And went our separate ways
If he ever hurts you
True love won't desert you
You know I still love you
Though we touched
And went our separate ways

Because it carries a lot of memories

going on dates
going to concerts
going on vacations
that one time you almost got killed
that scrape in the paint from when you were moving and thought you could fit that old wooden chair on the back seat
etc

Because you're a fucking pussy

Its called being autistic. I was always afraid getting rid of my first car would be hard emotionally, all the repairs, and shit i did, the fun times i had in it (like that time a hit a really fuckhuge speed bump going 25mph i destroyed my balljoint) The offroading i did, the sex i had in it. But when it came time to sell it, it wasn't very hard, maybe because the excitement of getting a newer and better car msde up for it?

Carrot head detected

how does it feel to not have a soul?

It may have been a piece of shit, but it was YOUR piece of shit.

>going on dates
??????

I love my vehicle more than anyone i know. I keep it clean as possible, and i baby it, always do it routine maintenance and never beat on it. I can say i DO have an emotional attachment, but not to the point where getting rid of it to upgrade, or because it shit the bed is difficult to do

>final wash before selling it

>selling cars
What is that?
I have my main car. I will never sell it and I'm prepared to rebuild it from any state more than a crushed cube.

It's the modern day equivalent of a horse.

Your genetically predisposed to bond with it.

People back then didn't love their horses user, they saw them mostly as stupid animals
> source
Hateful 8

I gave away what was essentially my first car to my friend, it's cool to see it driving around town without me in it.

Bonding doesn't mean you have to "love" it. It's a type of attachment.

And your source is shit.

I would do this too, but I don't have friends.

>anime

First car was an automatic 94 accord with 315,000 miles that I seriously overpaid for
>Had to turn the car over about 5 times for it to start, sometimes more
>Front bumper was green and everything else was gold
>The leather seats were almost non existent
>Tranny banged like a cheap whore
Sold it to my friends sister for $400 dollars and less than a month later the cv axles and transmission went out. I drove that car for about 2 years and miss it everyday even though it was literally a shitbox

faggot