Why don't you faggots cum buckets over this car like you do the miata? It's literally the same car

Why don't you faggots cum buckets over this car like you do the miata? It's literally the same car.
>4 cylinder
> rwd
> only available in convertible

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=isF2gV9cA9o
youtube.com/watch?v=H932eHnWllE
edmunds.com/mazda/mx-5-miata/2006/comparison-test.html
caranddriver.com/comparisons/2006-pontiac-solstice-page-2
youtu.be/t6nV12oMIm4
solsticeforum.com/forum/f65/v8-weight-imbalance-theories-debunked-60618/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Shit visibility, uncomfortable, ugly

Literally the miata, you just described the miata

It's a bit heavier.

They were available as a targa style coupe for 1 model year too. incredibly rare though. Not many were made.

As to why Veeky Forums doesn't talk about the Kappa twins more often. You can't get a Kappa car for under 3k yet and most of Veeky Forums are poorfags

That also describes the Miata

>weight. and it has the same power to weight ratio as the Miata in 2.4L form.

At least the Saturn version came turbo charged with 260whp, that way more horses than a miata ever offered

>GM
>EVER

The Pontiac got the same engine in the Solstice GXP.

oh look. A meme.

Oh look. A company that couldn't keep its shit together to the point that it had to beg the government to have pity on it.

>GM is a literal welfare queen

I didn't know that

But with the turbo models the weight isn't really an issue

>hurr durr more power always solves everything
Nice try, Amerifat.

what's with all these butthurt solstice threads lately?

I don't think people hate them
They are just not as common or as cheap as a miata

It's more expensive and less common than the miata. Styling is not for everyone.

>visibility

NA/NB with hardtop, there are literally zero blindspots. Solstice door beltline is ABOVE the driver's shoulders, and the rear trunk level is ABOVE the driver's head. Have you never driven an NA/NB miata? You can see everything and it's one of the last cars ever built that it's actually naturally comfortable to rest your arm on the windowsill.

>weight solved by more power

You basically just answered OP's question

Some user probably just bought one or is looking at one and is seeking validation that he won't recieve even if he got a miata.

Those are 14s right? I like that look.

So Japanese auto makers are better because they make lighter cars?

But the Kappa twins didn't compete with the NA/NB, did they. No. they competed with the NC and none of the Kappas were sold at the time of the NB.

> it's too heavy!
OK so add some more horses
> lol dumb amerifat, more power doesn't solve anything! Haha
OK, I am pretty sure more power worked in ending WW2
America 1
Europoor 0

i wonder if it's the same fag that was trying to convince people the slk was a better drivers car than the miata

While I won't refer to them as ugly, they are definitely not pretty.
The Saturn is the better of the two, and nobody knows they exist (though I did almost get one)
they are domestics, and everybody knows only teenage girls and overweight rednecks like domestics
They're pontiacs/saturns.
most people wouldn't choose a brand that went under as their vehicle for daily use. (basic logic says "if it shut down, something must have been bad")

Weight isn't anything to dig a grave over but nor is it very good.
Aftermarket (compared to the Miata?) negligible.

No, I am not. I was just browsing Craigslist and the thought popped into my head so I came here to ask you morons.

should've just typed in "pontiac solstice/saturn sky auto forums"
would get much better results.

>coming to Veeky Forums to research a car

kek, you deserve everything

ugly, pontiac so it's garbage, heavy, bloated design, shit aftermarket, shit everything basically, god help anybody who actually bought one of those.

Economics. They typically run between 6k and 10k. The saturn sky can get up to 15k. The average Veeky Forumstist between the ages of 16 and 25 simply don't have the budget for these. The miata can be bought for $500 to $5k max. Not to mention the more popular alternatives in the same price range: Honda s2k, Nissan 350z, and Porsche Boxster to name a few.

So uh.. is that your daily or just fun-car? does it get better gas mileage than a C5 Corvette? i always thought the 2nd gen Miata was the one that really looked the most "natural" with V8 swap.

1st gen looks too cutesy for it but the 2nd just has the right amount of aggressive styling to fit it in my opinion. (reminds me somewhat of the Cobra)

Not research a car, did you even read the op? I asked why you niggers don't talk about it? It has similar specs to the miata

>I have no idea about anything related to these cars so I'm just spouting shit from my ass.

go into google and look up
>[insert your desired car} ownership experiences
>???
done

I am asking no why there isn't a circle jerk about this car on Veeky Forums I am not reserching it! For fucks sake you idiots don't even read

solstice owner spotted
And they say miata owners are gay, damn.
pic related, typical solstice owners

you're clearly autistic if you can't understand how ownership experiences might correlate with why nobody thinks they're worth a fuck here?
You're literally on the board that will shout and jump with joy now that Jalopnik is shutting down while at the same time citing their articles as primary sources for an argument.

People here think Subaru's and Honda's are gods gift to humanity so I am a little sceptical about their opinions correlating to normal human society.

>8,200 rpm redline
>not god's gift to humanity

get out.

also
>skeptical
>so I'm going to ask them what they think about this car that I know nothing about so I can continue to be skeptical because I am willing to only learn nothing!

yeah, you can leave now.

Is that your teggy? It all makes sense now. Hondafag spotted your entire auto related opinion is invalid

Case in point.

I don't really like integras but that's p clean nice car my dude

>muh teggy bro

No ones learning anything here. To claim anything so absurd you must be maximum autistic.

it has 4 wheels and an engine, which is more than you have.

vroom vroom.

Thanks lad, I like it a lot.

>muh bicycle bro

and if you read the post, I'm making fun of him for thinking he'd learn anything from here, especially about a car that's more of a meme than it is a car.

OP, there ya go. spoon is fed.

>guaranteed replies

It's not nearly as accessible as the Miata, simple as that.

cant even make this up
you are fucking delusional

Are you retarded? "OP's question" had nothing to do with location of manufacturer.

>gm

>no torque
>gods gift

lol 8200 rpm of fucking nothing. fellow honda owner here

My sentra eats teggys for lunch bro

>yfw I don't even own a GM product

Because I have a car and enjoy it?

>torque
is for overweight cars and overweight drivers.

i stall my integra out every time someone tries to pull on me, it's alright.

>guaranteed replies

Lol
>at least I have a car!
> owns teggy
Top fucking kek
I rather ride sick then Honda

that's probably why you still ride a bus lad.

faggot they made an insignificantly small number of targas so i will bitch about it

I have a 2007 sentra se-r faggots

>2007 Sentra SER
not a specV?
so it has a CVT.
nice bro, really happy for you.
try to get your hands on a VQ or older SER engine for actual driving tho.

Seriously? I have to write the whole fucking thing? Fine
2007 Nissan sentra se-r spec v.
Mine has the 6 speed manual

How many times have you replaced the 2.5L engine?
Precats are known for backflowing into the engine and destroying it

Yes, you do.
Because you have the SER sentra from the same year which is CVT only.
so if you don't specify SPEC V, yes, it does indeed imply you don't have a manual transmission.

FYI user, that was the car I had actually wanted, nice.

And a really fucked up gearbox that puts you out of the power band.

And you're mad about a honda. Are you retarded? Enjoy you're shit tier electronics and lack of anything redeeming.
There's a reason late model spec Vs aren't meme cars

My engine hasn't given me any issues. It has over 100k miles and still runs strong

Not mad about anything, merely pointed out that my sentra eats teggys and civic si's for lunch

You're extremely lucky then. as a preventative measure, replace the exhaust manifold with an aftermarket header with no precat.
Not bullying. The precat is a legit concern on those engines.

It's a nissan sentra, nobody is going to try to race your run-of-the-mill ecobox.
which is why it makes such a fun little sleeper as soon as you fix that engine problem.

I have heard of that. Even the dealer who sold it to me said the same thing, I will soon, like in a month. Thank you for the heads up though

totally unrelated to the topic of this thread but you have helped me find my next car
i reverse image searched this, went to flyin' miata, then saw an LS3 conversion they did on an italia miata which I had never heard of before. this really tickles the special snowflake in me.

Wrong. Wrong....ill give you the last

Theyre harder to find.

decent car, but ugly. the saturn one was much better looking

Stop user this is what makes them hate us more

its uglier and gayer than a Miata

PIGFAT
I
G
F
A
T

DISGUSTING

3100 lbs of bakun

1 lb of pontiac doesn't equal 1 lb of nsx

While the former is definitely "Pig" "Fat" and "disgusting"

The nsx is merely "chubby" when looking purely on the weigh, and then becomes acceptable when considering it's power and goddamn lean when considering the total package.

Pontiac fat bruh

Oh look, somebody who judges quality of a product on the basis of how shitty the top management is and how much the unions can screw a company over.

Pffffwhah hahahahaha!

But wait, here's the best one

>unions screwed the company over
>this is what people actually believe
Try again, that was NAFTA and the upper brass. But hey, if you want to stay poor and stupid your entire life, buy the black leg propaganda.

No, The fact that the government had to bail them out is, in fact, directly related to the dismal quality of vehicle that GM was building. Hence the tarnished reputation and flagging sales. Sorry user, but there are no participation ribbons here, perhaps it's best you quit posting.

Opel GT is the best Saturn.

Unions made NAFTA happen. Then the stupid fucks voted democrat again. They never learn. Like the gang that couldn't shoot straight.

The Saturn came first. The Opels were even built in America, then shipped to yurupistan

>Muh gymnastics!
Nope, NAFTA was all of the Neoliberals up on the hill. If you think that there is any difference between the masters of the GOP and the Dems, you're quite dim.

>Uncle dad says it, it must be true!
>I likes being poor!
Silly scabs. Next you're gonna complain about how union dues fuck people over, right?

They LITERALLY voted for Al Gore and Bill Clinton. Remember Al Gore and the NAFTA debates with Ross Perot?

Why wouldnt the slk be?

because the SLK doesn't cater to enthusiasts like the Miata does. The SLK caters to 16 year old girls and middle aged housewives who want a cute comfortable convertible with as little road feel as possible.

I know, but somehow "Saturn" connotes "shit" in my head, so I always call it Opel GT.

Saturns were never shit though The only shit Saturn to ever exist was the Saturn Relay, which wasn't a Saturn and was a rebadged Chevrolet Uplander minivan.

>Opel connotes anything...
Europe then...
>...other than shit
Wut?

hello britfag

>he doesn't know the Solstice GXP turbo could out-accelerate an NSX

Sounds just like it when you put it like that!
>Ugly
>Less trunk space
>Smaller aftermarket
>400 to 770 lbs heavier
>Slower in corners because nose heavy
>Have to get out of the car to raise/drop the top
>Harder to find and probably more expensive to own/maintain - also bet it's difficult to find one with a manual transmission
O-oh.

That's still not the reason why GM was so shit, even engineers who worked for them will tell you it was the accountants running the show, and when all you're focused on is the bottom line then everything but the board member's pockets suffer

>>Slower in corners because nose heavy
>nose heavy
>50/50 weight distribution
nope.

youtube.com/watch?v=isF2gV9cA9o
>But while the race may be a photo finish on the straights, things are less even in the curves. The MX-5 is still the clear champ in turns
>Contender Solstice is slower to react in corners, its heavier front end producing more understeer. While the steering delivers less but still adequate feedback, a mismatch between the engine's power curve and gearing also left little drive down low for tight corners.
youtube.com/watch?v=H932eHnWllE
edmunds.com/mazda/mx-5-miata/2006/comparison-test.html
>Push it hard and the Solstice has one cornering attitude, it understeers.
>The Miata, on the other hand, offers an infinite number of cornering attitudes to choose from. And it allows the advanced driver to adjust and choose between those attitudes at any time through his skillful use of the steering, brakes and throttle. In other words, although the big-tired Pontiac can match the Miata's slalom and lap times, the Mazda handles more like a real sports car.
caranddriver.com/comparisons/2006-pontiac-solstice-page-2
>At the racetrack, the Solstice lagged 1.21 seconds per lap behind the MX-5, in part because its tail proved less willing to rotate. For the most part, the Pontiac displayed just one handling trait, understeer
lol

>tfw late to the Sol/Sky thread

Basicaly this

But also this
youtu.be/t6nV12oMIm4

The car isn't nose heavy. The under steer comes form the sway bars GM put on it. Changing the rear to a stiffer sway bar fixes that problem.

Also weight balance was 53/47 for the N/A and 54/46 for the Turbo.

solsticeforum.com/forum/f65/v8-weight-imbalance-theories-debunked-60618/

I couldn't find a actual scale weight for the Miata. All I found was shitposting about muh 50/50. No car is actually 50/50, and you wouldn't want it to be anyway. I assume the Miata is around 52/48 though.

Yup!!!