Why don't you faggots cum buckets over this car like you do the miata? It's literally the same car

Why don't you faggots cum buckets over this car like you do the miata? It's literally the same car.
>4 cylinder
> rwd

Other urls found in this thread:

detroit.craigslist.org/mcb/cto/5529217629.html
youtu.be/K0CrVAvhh_0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>slower than a focus
kek

because its not a roadster

and Veeky Forums loves roadsters.

>miatas are roadsters

And don't forget

>Slow

It's almost like there's more time a car than drivetrain

so is the S2000, but Veeky Forums hates that car too

I'd like it alot more if it wasn't a flat 4

it has too much torque compared to the miata..oh my bad I mean miat.

>Why don't you faggots cum buckets over this car like you do the miata?

Have you not noticed that we do?

>two grand more expensive than a V6 Challenger
>for 100 less horsepower
>less economical
>worse aesthetics

Gay.

>Challenger
>worse aesthetics

You should get your eyes checked, brev

I'm not the one who can only see his boyfriend's belly button with a cock jammed half way to my stomach.

>implying Veeky Forums hates the s2k

a big problem is the late of tuning or aftermarket potential for the engine, at least reliably, forced induction is very hard on that poor motor

since when?

Since the board was created? Veeky Forums doesn't like any cars. Even the Mata get loads of hatred.

Personally, I don't understand why you'd buy a Miata when you could have a Dodge Omni for less. Way more fun.

just because its a 4banger doesnt make it good.

its a shoddy boxer with zero potential stuck in a body that weighs too much.

the s2000 has a good motor.
makes 30 more hp, 20 more tq, 500 more rpm and sounds beter.

the closest competator to an s2000 is a lotus

the closest competator to a brz is a hyundai

Where I live, good luck FINDING an Omni.

It would literally be perfect with a regular fucking engine and a higher trim level with a turbo.

>rwd

Well there's your problem

Toybaru is a million times more reliable and doesn't handle like a cruise ship

Dodge omni over a miata?

Are you on fucking bath salts?

Please do not let this become a meme.

Mfw i fixed my 86 by putting a turbo on it

>shoddy boxer
2reliable4u?

ugly
factory boy racer
$10k too expensive
scion

Will never understand why people bitching about the lack of power, etc. don't take into consideration throwing in a turbo themselves. It's Veeky Forums's perfect car with a turbo

Veeky Forums has no problem bitching about this car because they can't afford it even though the ND is priced similarly

because that costs money and voids warranties

everything on Veeky Forums has to be viewed through the lens of a NEET poorfag

I would never pay more than $20k for a miata and all the NDs around me are $30k

That explains the common criticism here "it's a crap car because it's new, and I don't see the point of a new car because they cost more".

detroit.craigslist.org/mcb/cto/5529217629.html

this, I'd rather have an actual toyota power plant in the Scion/Toyota

This. I bought the base model, paid 8k for a turbo kit that looks mint as fuck. Put it on myself because im no scrub and got it tuned. Got an additional 80rwkw out of it from 8psi and its been on a lot of hard track days since. Over 50,000km with the turbo on no issues

My Co worker leased one of these in automatic, and his payments are nearly 400/month. He has no desire to learn how to drive stick (even though I said I'd teach him) and claims that with modern transmissions the auto is just as good/fun as a stick. Also has at least two frs t shirts. All my Co workers think he drives a fast sports car.

I would so put my 7 in her tune

the main reason is that the miata has been around for 25+ years while the frs/brz has only been out for 4 years and there aren't $2000 shitbox version for sale used.

Toyota should've stuck a fucking 2ZZ-GZE with a dry sump in it - lightweight supercharged 4 banger with 225-250 hp depending on tune, and the dry sump would've let them sit the engine lower than the flat-4 as well as solving the 2ZZ's oil pump failure issues.

dry sumps are expensive, maintenance intensive, and optimized for continuous flat-out driving.

if they worked in the situation you describe, then nearly all commuter engines would already use them as well.

if the 2ZZ was viable with a dry sump, then a dry-sumped flat-4 would be, too.

nice dream though.

Soon.

since when you fucking nigger

the s2000 is the benchmark for a good car

They're expensive and require more moving parts, sure, but why do they require more maintenance? If they put it in a good spot, it'd be easier to drain and fill an oil tank separate from the engine.

Main reason I suggested it though is because the 2ZZ's oil pump blows up above 8500 rpm.

Hell, if I could find a cheap 86 rolling shell, I'd try putting a 2ZZ or 3S-GTE in it mgself. Shit would be cash.

There's just too many things off with the car
The torque dip sucks but if it's not there MPG is dreadful
Lack of turbo sucks but if its implemented it'd be competing in a whole different tougher pricing bracket where it would not survive
The backseats are nice but they're unusable outside of extra trunk space
The tires are meant for fun but you need to change them out asap unless you want a front end collision because lmao nogrip
Pricing sucks for what you get but it is competitive with other cars out right now
Putting in a turbo or supercharger of your own seems like no brainer but the engine, while pretty reliable on it's own, is not bullet proof and theres been plenty of reports of them grenading after 10k+ miles with forced induction
The engine is just simply a failure

I'd rather go for the more wholesome choice of a miata, which doesn't really have any of these problems. And the RF is a pretty convincing argument for people who don't like roadsters

Because it's better than their precious gay icon in almost every way.

Wait a few years for used models to become dirt cheap and then Veeky Forums will start worshipping it

What I want to know is how will it compare against a Fiat 124 Turbo. Will those engines be able to stand some higher boost tuning? I think the 124 looks way nicer than either meme car, too.

Because most can't afford it.
Just give it a few more years, like until 2019 or 2020 when the car is worth £6k or so. It'll become well received on Veeky Forums.

youtu.be/K0CrVAvhh_0

that engine has been used in the Abarth 500 since 2008 (exhaust is different though). It has been modified, used in competition for all this time, so the parts and kow how already exist.
And Fiat has offered sold various special editions of the 500 with up to 190hp.

I bought a 05 Corolla Sportivo with 2zz-ge (aus spec 141kw) for 6400 last year. Its a fun little car, I love how basic, but solid it feels while being a fun car to chuck around.

If they're not horrendously marked up in price for the Australian market, I might get one in the next few years.

I'm sick of owning shitty old high mileage cars with gross interiors and numerous problems, but there's so few new cars on the market that appeal to me right now.

becuse

>shit teir boxer engine

How expensive is it in Australia? Australia is quite close to Japan, so it should be cheaper than it is in the UK no?
It's about £24k new £13k used (3years old)

I have no idea how much the 124 is, but Toyota 86s go for AU$20-25 grand used, 30-36 new.

If I could get a 124 Turbo for similar prices I'd probably go for it, even though I hate being in debt.

Lads

Help me

tl;dr hooned the fuck outta my 86 for years now the transmission is fucked.

want to take it to toyota udner warranty but afraid their computer data shit will reveal how badly I thrash the car and won't cover it

When you say you badly thrashed the car, you misshifted? You overreved? What exactly did you do?

Is this copypasta?
It's copypasta.
Right?

Is this copypasta?
It's copypasta.
Right?

Is this copypasta?
It's copypasta.
Right?

>Australia is quite close to Japan, so it should be cheaper than it is in the UK no?
That's not how domestic automotive markets work, no.

Veeky Forums likes the S2K, moron, especially the glorious F20C.

Please elaborate user, I'm interested.

Fucking gross. I'm so glad I bought an MY14

sux to be you

Lol who cares what these fuckwits think..

Every single motoring journalist worldwide loves the toybaru. These aren't faggots who ride the bus and post on a Malaysian backgammon forums, they're professionals who drive EVERY single car on the market and give their unbiast educated opinions.

Yes it doesn't have 500hp and wont win many drag races, but it's the first 4 cyl rwd car that's affordable in like 20 yrs.. The miata when new are fucking rip offs and due to the 86 Mazda have had to drop their price on the mx6/miata to compete.. Also fiat are bringing out the fiata. The 86 has reignited a completely dead genre of cars. Most of you little faggots are too young or too american to have even experienced the early 90s surge of Japanese sports cars.. They were glorious days and until the 86 were dead and gone.

I'm totally unbiast as I don't have an 86 and probably wouldn't buy one as I have different priorities but fucking hell anyone who says the 86 is a shit car is clearly not an enthusiast and a filthy fucking ignorant casual. Even if the car isn't your cup of tea you should be able to appreciate what it stands for and how it has given hope to the future for production sports cars.

God im mad as hell and reminded why I stopped coming here.. Barely any of you are actual enthusiasts or even car owners. You're a bunch of fucking twats.

Cya cunts

fucking just non stop racing around streets taking corners at high speeds keeping it in high rpm range constantly

Take it to Toyota. If you didn't overrev, keeping the car near the redline isn't enough to invalidate the warranty.

think its bad
keeps getting worse and the ride never ends

So fucking this. Tbh its the same reason I don't go for Subis in general, I don't like flat-4s. :/

>The back-seat are nice but they're unusable outside of extra trunk space
all the ones I've seen the front seats are too low to the floor so to sit in the back you have to splay feet out sideways like a duck

>thinks his blatantly wrong opinions matter

Sooooo you spent 35k on a toyobaru?

>laff

THIS IS A MADE UP INFOGRAPHIC YA DIP

>every single motoring journalist worldwide loves it

Then why does it take less than 3 seconds to find literally 2 pages of results from automotive journalists saying its a shell of would it should and could be, has crap tires, and is overpriced.

Oh but hey them saying its "fun" is the same as lauding the entire car as a soaring success, ya faggot.

Would've been a sexy convertible

It's not cheap

it took me seconds to google reviews and literally find a full page of high ratings saying its a great car, minus small cosmetics and issues with interior rattle.
Keep on trollin'

>stuck in a body that weighs too much

Why do people keep saying this? It is lightweight for compared to everything else. Its less than 100 lbs heavier than the Fiesta ST. The only car that is that much lighter is the miata

Miata RF is going to end up making some people butthurt when they see how much that hardtop convertible roof adds.

like 100-150 lbs?

That table is proof that Veeky Forums will literally parrot lies all day without question

it has a really shitty power curve for one

its the same falseflagging retard posting them every day ya dip, and it never fails to get responses

Awww another butthurt homofag that can't face the truth.

this aggravates my autism but it is probably not relevant at all if you are taking every gear to redline

>1 extra hp @ 3300-3600

Perfect

Every number in that checks out. It's 100% real, dickwad. Google them.

Not just any 4 cylinder... Its a garbage boxer 4cylinder. Wouldve been beter with an inline 4

2poorfag4me

Shouldn't the BRZ be putting out 201HP. Why is it putting out 173?

You cant be this stupid

It's a made up graph.

Not a convertible.
Can't see the wind rustle my boyfriends hair.

>finding an Omni or any of the other 80's turbo Mopars

Yeah good fucking luck.

Its literally built to drive hard. People casually drive it through traffic shifting at 4k and complain it has no power. Take it to the track and you wont feel that way

Instead of being insulting, could you explain to me what's happening in the graph?

At the tire, not the crank
Honestly I fail to see the problem. People who don't drive cars ever, or don't understand rpm will see the dip and go whoa, that's not good. But people who are aware of how cars work know that 4 cylinders like to rev high. When you're on the gas you'll be above the dip. It's that simple. Ask anyone who's tuned it out, I bet they're not much faster around a track than they were before, but their fuel economy has gone to shit and they won't pass emissions.

>benchracing the Miata and 86

B U S L A D
U
S
L
A
D