How come Columbine had such a drastic impact on American culture compared to various other massacres in recent history?

How come Columbine had such a drastic impact on American culture compared to various other massacres in recent history?

Other urls found in this thread:

acolumbinesite.com/end.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Attacker sympathy is more common now thanks to the wide acceptance of the psudo science that is psychology.

1). While although there's been massacres, mass shootings (even in schools) before it, Columbine was still one of the earlier front charging horses leading the way for a time when such atrocities became more common place.
2). Since these massacres are more recent, we're still reeling in from the effects of them to make a proper judgement.

In addition, it might also be because that Columbine was intended to be more of a terrorist attack than it turned out to be. Not all of Harris' and Klebold's plans went through as they wanted (ex.: propane bombs that failed to go off). Otherwise the casualties would've been much greater.

Because it has a lot of evidence of the killers, it wasn't just a.
"I'm mad, (buys gun) and i will kill everyone"

Those guys were planning that shit for almost 1 year and a half and also they had this Diaries where they wrote all they thoughts.
(They even had a map of their School with pre-stablished hours of the massacre and what they would do!)

Most of mass shooting killers doesn't have strong reasons for what they do.

I highly recommend you to read Dylans and Erics journal, those will make you feel what they felt long ago, Good luck user.

>I highly recommend you to read Dylans and Erics journal
Did the FBI finally release them?

Yep, they did since 2008 as long as i can recall.

What they DID NOT release are the last 2 basement tapes (The exhibition of their arsenal and last words).

You can find both journals at: acolumbinesite.com/end.html

(Pick is a transcript from a 9/11 call)

Damn. You usually have to watch an exploitation film to find that kind of sadism.

>ex.: propane bombs that failed to go off
>Had the bombs exploded with full power, they would have killed or severely wounded all 488 students in the cafeteria and possibly collapsed the ceiling, dropping part of the library into the cafeteria.
Fucking hell

And this was the Pre-9/11 days, too.

>it's a subtle "I think Eric and Dylan were cool" thread
Same here though

Because media paid a lot of attention to it. If it didn't receive nonstop media coverage nobody would give a fuck.

As much cliche as this sounds, people are literal fucking puppets of the media. Look how many people know who Trayvon Martin was but nobody knows or gives a shit about the hundreds of black men who get shot in Chicago every year.

they were fucking autists i cringe so hard reading their shit

Well, this was back when the goth scene wasn't seen as cringeworthy as it is now.

They actually came up with the idea of a 9/11 style attack in their planning.

Although theirs was way more badass than Osama's because they would be shooting guns out of the plane window while it was coming down, lol

>Because media paid a lot of attention to it. If it didn't receive nonstop media coverage nobody would give a fuck.

This desu. Media decide what the general public cares about.

Professional Tippington: everyone came up with that plan.

This honestly reads like a fedora starter pack.

Are you sure about that Achmed? I've never had that idea myself.

Just to be sure I've reported your post to the FBI.

I've had worse ideas.

It's what growing up as a male teenager in the US does to you.

>implying all of Veeky Forums isn't stored on FBI servers forever

No, I've worked in news and it's the other way around. If the producers thought that people would tune in to watch about black on black crime in Chicago then they would cover that 24/7. There is a bit of a feedback loop in that people can only care about things that the news tells them about in the first place. But at the end of the day if you play something people aren't interested in they don't magically become interested, they just change the channel.

I remember like two or three years ago there was a media panic about parents who left their kids locked in a hot car and the kids died, every fucking day there was a new case, everyone was debating how the parents should be punished, etc. Skip a few years in the future and nobody gives two shits anymore even though these things still happen, the media just aren't reporting on them much anymore.

>they don't magically become interested
The power of the news is it can make the uninteresting interesting though this power can be difficult to use or wield effectively.

If a news agency would decide today to market black-on-black violence in Chicago as something new and exciting, it would create interest in the matter literally overnight.

>SHOCKING new PANDEMIC of VIOLENCE hits the streets of CHICAGO ....

CNN is well known for how they can turn completely mundane things into something interesting just by using bombastic headlines and dramatic narrative.

You should switch out RT for Pravda Report. It fits the caricature better.