Can someone on God's green earth tell me what this guy is saying?

So I'm looking to buy a Corvette and I see a pretty good deal on Craigslist. I ask this guy for the VIN so that I can get a report from one of the based VIN br/o/s on here, but he absolutely refuses to give me it. Does his justification make any sense? What's law enforcement have to do with anything, and why do I need to bring cash in hand to see a goddamn CarFax? Someone please explain this to me, I'm beyond confused.

Other urls found in this thread:

phoenix.craigslist.org/cph/cto/5561669629.html
phoenix.craigslist.org/cph/cto/5532633694.html
tucson.craigslist.org/cto/5548822856.html
phoenix.craigslist.org/nph/cto/5533838449.html
phoenix.craigslist.org/cph/cto/5483760961.html
sandiego.craigslist.org/ssd/cto/5564497873.html
phoenix.craigslist.org/cph/cto/5536592111.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

its a scam or moron

He's already being difficult, just forget about that car and find another.

No VIN no sale

Man that guy is a retard. Must think the VIN is sensitive information or something.

>Corvette

inb4 seller is a boomer

I'm going to go with moron.
OP, could you please post a link to this add? Maybe we can help retrieve the VIN >:D

Forget it, he's a lying faggot, especially about the law enforcement.
Post his craigslist ad so we can let him know how dumb he is.

Yeah, I already have, I'm not about to drive to some undisclosed distance/location to see a CarFax. It's too bad because I've been looking for this feature/color/price combo car for a while now.

Yep, thinking the same thing.

He can also barely type in English, pretty sure they don't take those in "law enforcement".

Yeah, for some reason the tags included "Macbook", which is a common Craigslist scam item so it's too fishy for me.

Retarded Americans, especially boomers, consider mall security as law enforcement

I like the idea, but I went full retard and used my real number, I'd rather not let him have my contact info after you guys poop on him.

Also update, thirty minutes after saying he's "not in a rush to sell", he replies with a message saying:

But when serious can pull up a car fax no issue....low miles car has been babied and garaged....its whole life....good interior black leather....6 speed....

Boy, this guy really likes his ellipses.

>I like the idea, but I went full retard and used my real number, I'd rather not let him have my contact info after you guys poop on him.

That's fair enough.
>hfw we poop on him

He's telling you to run far far away

Only mall security thinks mall security is law enforcement. Have you ever seen a boomer interact with them if security is bitching?
>do you even carry a gun
>I served muh country, you ride a segway
It's a true battle of the idiots.

>Only mall security thinks mall security is law enforcement.
Agreed. This isn't a phenomenon that's restricted to the U.S.

> implying good grammar is a requirement to be a police officer
Lol, we are talking America here, not a first world nation

This is a true statement.

just ask him for a pic of the title and get the vin off that

Man, if he thinks I can do something with just his VIN, then he'll probably think that I can download his car or something with the WHOLE TITLE.

mate backtrace him via the vin, hack his obd2 port and then download a illegal pirated copy of his vette

that dude is obviously black, forget the whole thing and look for another car

I just wonder if people like this ever sell their cars, or if they just sit there telling themselves "hurr durr I know wut I got" and just keep them forever

dude maybe he stole it. i mean look at this retard, he cant even write a fucking sentence without niggering out. law enforcement my ass. fucker probably spent so much time in policecars he thinks he can call himself law enforcement.

>Boy, this guy really likes his ellipses.

What is it with boomers and ellipses anyway? Makes them sound so fucking slow and out there mentally. I can perfectly imagine this guy in person too. Goddammit.

Fucking mystery of the century.

I don't know why old people can't just type like normal human beings.

all boomers use ellipses

just tell him to get a carfax and have it ready with the title when you go to see it. check the vins on both and check his ID to make sure he's on the title.

I'd say do this.

But be safe and don't keep the cash of you, just leave it somewhere safe like your glovebox. Lock it up or something I'm sure he'll keep asking if you're bringing cash, that's a little red flag to me. Just be safe, OP.

What's concerning to me is the whole cash issue more than anything. This is a c6 Corvette, which isn't exactly something you typically buy cash in hand. I'm just not trying to get robbed over this.

>this guy really likes his ellipses
Definitely a boomer. Almost all of them type like that for some reason.

tell him to fuck right off and move on dude. not worth the trouble if the retard can't even give you the VIN

There most likely will be nothing on the carfax.
I have bought so many used cars, and used the Vin check on here for it.
Literally fucking nothing turns up.

Americans dont report accidents, crashes, or fucking anything. Especially if it was a low mileage used car when the second owner got it.

Thank Jewish insurance companies and laws for that.

This is the kind of guy it can SOMETIMES be great to buy a car from unfortunately there's only like a 1/4 chance of that so it's not worth gambling until you can figure out a way to tell for sure.

If you haven't fucked it up already or maybe just in a day or two from a different number come at him from the angle that you're an enthusiast looking for a third fourth or fifth car or whatever. Obviously you have more than enough "cash in hand" to buy whatever you want and it's basically laughable that he thinks otherwise but you're only going to pay "what the car is worth". He'll probably start to give you what you want if he swallows that.

I had a friend in elementary school who's dad wouldn't let me swap hard drives in his ps3 because he was worried that his new speaker system would get a virus from it.
and this man made upwards of 300k a year.

somehow money doesn't relate to intelligence.

>elementary school
>ps3

i may not be an expert in craigslist dealings, but I've test driven every car i ever bought from there, and never brought cash with me.

if he's so concerned about how much cash you have, use an app on your phone to show him your bank balance. good luck with that ass hole.

he's gonna rob you if you show up with all that cash in hand. tying to make you feel at ease by saying he's law enforcement.

>PS3 came out 10 years ago
>some elementary schools go to grade 8, one of which I attended.
>I am now 21
I don't get why this is so hard for you to understand?

don't make me feel old, whippersnapper
i know what i got, no tire kickers

This is fairly standard parent logic. The irony is that they'll accidentally install any amount of malicious shit on their laptops without even thinking about it.

fucking rage

my dad would accuse me of ruining the computer all the time when i was a kid even though, in fact, i was the one keeping it alive

either a black man or redneck.

The amount of times that Dolphin screensaver was installed...

>no vin
>I'm in law enforcement
>i'm involved with the justice system
>I have a criminal record
>Its stolen

>the car doesnt exist
>bring cash and meet me at X location
>lel dumb whitey

fuck that. never ever on craigslist suggest you will have cash with you at the time you come to inspect. tell seller to drive you to ATM in the car.

>first rule of not getting mugged
>never ever make it obvious that risking a felony will net any kind of reward

in australia scammers run a scam wherein they advertise posh inner city apartments. they tell you that you can have the key if you pay X deposit so that you can inspect the place because the owner is out of town. you hand over the cash, they hand you a key.
>wtf key doesnt work
i feel bad for the poor people who just want a nice place to live.

the niggers will beat you even harder. obviously you're going to know the vin number when you buy it. then you'll be able to backtrace him with the cyber police.

also can I just say that one of the oldest tricks in the book when scamming is to represent yourself as a person of authority or respect.

on that note, this nice nigerian prince wants me to help him get his millions out of the country. all i need is a downpayment of a few thousand dollars. i mean
>A FUCKING PRINCE
>GODDAMN I AM IN WITH THE ELITES NOW
>SURELY IF I CANT TRUST A MEMBER OF THE NIGERIAN ROYAL FAMILY
>WHO CAN I TRUST? CERTAINLY NOT MY WIFE

>bring cash
lmao this is /k/, bring half of your arsenal

This is /k/? I thought this was Veeky Forums, friend.

'I'm a cop, and I need to see you with possibly thousands in cash before I'll even start the engine for you'.

Scammer.

If the person you are trying to buy a car from cannot be bothered to use proper grammar, and punctuation, you should not do any business with these morons.

Years ago I was selling my old Civic on Craiglist, wrote a very nice ad for it. I got so many fucking beaners texting, and email me with stupid shit like

>yo homs i got cash, wehn u rdy to sel?
>wold you trade 4 ek hatch?
etc.

The only people I replied to where the ones who could speak fucking english. Still turned out to be a beaner, but at least he wrote, and spoke well.

Oh god this. this one fucking boomer on my car forums uses elipses instead of spaces. its fucking horrible to have anything coming from that idiot.

>want to trade for my worthless shitbox that doesnt even run
>im losing out on this deal here
>my car is better than yours you should take the deal
fuck fuck fuck this is why i scrapped my car because i prefered selling it for 200$ to a junk yard than making a thousand but dealing with constant calls for another week from retard normies who would just abuse me for not trading for their fucking useless whatever. got one offer for a rusted out old VW beetle sitting in a paddock somwhere. not a rolling frame. not just doesnt run. just a frame, sans the VIN which they had removed because that has value for reselling to hotrodders.

Seller is either autistic or a scammer, either way don't waste your time.

"Not in hurry to sell" is usually code for "I'm lazy/want to be an asshole to potential buyers."

Never sell it where you live.
Never use your real phone number.
Always bring a friend to the sale who doesnt say a word, and just eyeballs the shit out of the buyer.

This will disway them from ever contacting you again.

OR

Talk to the buyer, and tread them like a friend building a small relationship, dont lie on the sale ad, and dont sell to a fucking retard who's gonna call you when the car takes a second longer to start

>/k/
>even remotely literate

Op just look for another one. That seller sound like a scammer.

"Is block becouse in law enforcement" this is bullshit I'm a cop and this is a lie. Op run

I'm a cop and this guy is lying.

I will, but most owners seem to hold onto these cars so it's gonna be a long road to find another decent one, which is why I'm so annoyed by this idiot.

>elementary school
>ps3

kek

>victim ids attackers off youtube rap videos
send help

OP, post he ad so we can berate the idiot.
Post your location.
And finally, you may need to travel cross country for your perfect car. Dont be afraid to look for one 500+ miles away.
My car was 12 hours away, I went with a friend for a 24 no sleep roadtrip that turned into a 40+ hour with 2 hour of sleep roadtrip.

Thanks for the advice. I'm not gonna post the ad because I used my real # like an idiot, so I don't want him to be able to contact me after you guys berate him. I really wish I didn't, this thread could have become much more humorous.

Post it. That moron may be trying to scam quite a few people all at the same time, so he'll never work out it was you.

I'm a cop and these guys are lying.

Im a kop an thees guyz r liinn

phoenix.craigslist.org/cph/cto/5561669629.html
is it this one OP? its the only one that says he wants cash and stands out

block him on your phone if he contacts you afterwards, or we will find it ourselfs.

no, that add uses proper english

look.... for shit....like...this
also probably not over $8k

Nah, I'm looking for a c6 Corvette. Guys it's been under 24 hours since the car was posted, I don't think very many people have contacted him yet, which is why I'm nervous about just handing it out.

>searched for "corvette cash" six entries. gotta be one of them
>cash in hand or no test drive
phoenix.craigslist.org/cph/cto/5532633694.html

>AC blows ice cold
tucson.craigslist.org/cto/5548822856.html

>factory hood
>likes its a fucking feature
phoenix.craigslist.org/nph/cto/5533838449.html

>ICE COLD AC
phoenix.craigslist.org/cph/cto/5483760961.html

sorry gets me every time. fucking ice cold AC. cant find any nigger tier posts though.

sandiego.craigslist.org/ssd/cto/5564497873.html ???

>c6 Corvette
>rung good rest/salvage title long headers full exhaust intake tuned led tail lights pioneer stereo back up camera rear spoiler z06 front bumper wrap hood and roof 91xxxxx milles

DING DING DING DING WE HAVE A WINNER?

phoenix.craigslist.org/cph/cto/5536592111.html

I only buy vehicles with the iciest ACs. Also, what makes you think I'm in Arizona? I'm not, I promise.

Lol the car I'm looking at is 100% stock, I'm not buying a salvaged Corvette

look there is no car. you just need to accept this. if the seller wont consent to giving you the VIN then at best you're going to get mugged when you show up with cash. at worst the niggers are going to kick your head in when they jump you leaving you a vegetable. so let us have some fun.

Reminds me of a time when I was like 15 trying to sell my guitar.

>post guitar on craiglist
>guy texts me that he has monies
>text him back that we can meet in front of the walmart in this neighborhood in the afternoon
>no response
>calls me at 1 AM and asks where I am he has the cash and is ready to buy

Basically the moral of the story if sketchy things happen they're looking to rob you.

Stay far far away from this guy.

Craigslist hasn't really took off in the uk but gumtree attracts the biggest idiots. Tried to sell my wrx a few years ago, specifically said no swaps. Guess what? Nothing but texts asking if I'd swap for this or that? The final Straw was a text at 1.00 am asking if I'd swap for a Renault Megane, a 32" tv, a xbox, a ps2 and a fucking gaming chair. It's best to stick with websites that charge for adverts, you weed out a lot of the idiots who have no money.

>rung good rest
>9 million miles
>salvage title
>exhaust and intake == tuned
What the fuck, did this guy write this out after huffing a can of airduster.

The fact that it's listed so high pisses me off, but doesn't surprise me even a little bit.

I actually found my motorcycle off of craigslist, I was able to find out it was a motorcycle dealer selling it on their ebay account. I didn't even lowball the seller, I bought it for 300 dollars. The dude said if I paid him 150 he would personally ship it anywhere I wanted since he was going to be in my area for business. True to his word he fucking delivers it and earlier than expected too. Guess I got lucky.

I love craigslist, i have bought so much shit off of it.3 cars, 3 motorcycles, wheels, carparts, guitar amps, and tons of synthesizers.

Those texts are a telltale sign of a craigslist shithead. Maybe a harmless boomer, but someone freaking out about supplying something as easy as a VIN and running in circles for excuses seems very fishy.

So you got it for $450 overall?

Why are you even looking for a shitbox like the plastic corvette

>Tyron
>Tyshaune
Lynch these motherfuckers.

Are u a racist or sumtin?? Stop oppressing my race you dirty oppressor

Correct

Messaged him and got same response. This is it boys!!!

HERE WE GO BOYS :D

>sandiego.craigslist.org/ssd/cto/5564497873.html
>VERY VERY FAST

There is no way this car exists.

OP, why would you even bother texting to this ad?

I mean, it didn't seem THAT far fetched that the ad would be real.

somebody should say that they are law enforcement too

thanks dick, I already linked this one earlier
OP is a fucking retard for bothering to contact such a shitty ad.
OP ur a retard.

Elementary school is 1-3rd dumbass.

> 0 information
> 2 really stock looking pictures
> BONUS: Really spammy tags

What Corvette owner doesn't have a million picture of all angles of their car?

And then when selling it, doesn't recite the statistics every 'Vette owner does when people ask them about their car?

Plus the stupid tags AND the fact the guy said "I'm law enforcement" You would've absolutely received a fist in your butthole OP.

Implying op wants anything else.