"& Humanities"

>"& Humanities"
Was this the worst mistake in the history of the Internet?

No that distinction would belong to posting this shitthread

Yes.

It's true that /rel/ threads are cancer, but most if our cancer is """"history."""""

Yes. Every thread now is about "philosophy" (religion) and "economics and government" (politics)
We /pol/ nao

But our "history" threads are just "black people never did anything", "when did all this degeneracy happen", and "the holocaust was a hoax." It's /pol/ faggotry no matter what. I don't see how it's salvagable, desu.

Well it brought in a great deal of shitposters that wouldn't have come otherwise, but let's be honest, history was always gonna call in /rel/ & /pol/ fags regardless of humanity.
We wouldn't even have avoided /phil/, since most of the threads about it here are fascism and communism related, which are shit easy to connect to history.
What would have really disappeared? Plotinus and the spookposters? The buddhafags? If even that.

Yes, Veeky Forums was already up for that and these retaded gooks pulled this shit on us.

Well it's not. Although we have the occasional kind of okay threads about military stuff and /k/ history

I agree with this. Most """""history"""""" on this board is what-ifs and circlejerking about not giving a fuck about facts and science.

Yes. Humanities should be its own board or go back to Veeky Forums.

History was a mistake

how come the office people become more and more brown as they progress through the comic?

their skin tans from doing national geographic shit in the sun

To be honest the history threads are pretty terrible. Just people making shit up with zero sources.

If you do actually supply then the same people providing no sources and just making shit up think it's an awesome argument to just trashtalk the citation.

Sadly this is a failed board. It's just blue /pol/ with a few history meme threads.

There's a rule on the /r/askhistorians subreddit where you have to provide a reputable source for everything you post. I think I'd appreciate something like that here. I hate reddit but I have to go there to talk about history.

How does this work?
>It's only true if someone famous said it first.
How do discussions evolve and resolve? Do they create or debate any new theories ever?

(Not trying to hate here, genuinely curios about how it works.)

I don't want to hate on you either, user, but you appear to be asking us to explain to you the entire study of history from scratch starting at infant school level, which leads me wondering where the hell to start.

Do you know what primary and secondary evidence is, for example?

>you appear to be asking us to explain to you the entire study of history
That's not what I was asking at all. I simply wanted to know how discussion works there and how it differs from here. Nevermind.

Oh right, gotcha.

I have to say if you think either Veeky Forums or Reddit is responsible for resolving historical disputes and evolving historical knowledge I don't know what to say about that either.

They're too fucking banal though, you can't discuss theories without your comment getting deleted
They don't, what's why it's shit, it's just regurgitating info

>Veeky Forums is responsible for resolving historical disputes and evolving historical knowledge
God no. But trying to do so is fun. Even the shitposting included. If you take that away and it is just like this user said:
>regurgitating info
What is the point?

>They're too fucking banal though, you can't discuss theories without your comment getting deleted

This is just delusions of grandeur.

What possible skills do you bring to the table to put forth "new theories" and why aren't you doing it in peer reviewed literature?

This is a bit like wondering why you couldn't go on Veeky Forums as someone that knew no science and not get taken seriously when you proposed some "new theories".

Actually being able to do history takes a little bit more than "making stuff up on the internet".

Because the study of historiography and an understanding of the historical method is really important when you're discussing history and generally people who haven't studied history in depth and know a source or two don't know anything about it.

"Discussing theories" would be something like - "I think King Oswiu convened the Synod of Whitby out of a desire to unify the easter dates he and his wife celebrated so they didn't have to abstain from sex for lent. I think this is the case because..." and then list some primary historical evidence to support this theory while referring to other explanations that other historians have given and refuting them.

I've literally never seen anything like that on Veeky Forums, except for that one guy in a Roman thread once who answered questions about the Marian reforms

Absolutely yes.
On the one hand, it fixed Veeky Forums.
On the other hand it doomed Veeky Forums from birth.

/rel/ containment board now!

To be honest this board is a failure and we should close it. The religious stuff and philosophy is pretty bad and the history threads are either pol tier (and the worst thing is that people actually get triggered and reply to those fuckfaces instead of just ignoring their bait), are boring or end up as 'Your sources are shit!' 'No, yours are shit!'. And the his memes are just as bad, most of their stuff is actually from Veeky Forums, Veeky Forums or other places and got spammed when his was created. Also this place is plagued by e-celeb threads about Skallagrim, that Lindydude and others. If you want to discuss philosophy got to Veeky Forums, if you like military history go to /k/, if you like something else some Veeky Forums threads can be way better to discuss it. Veeky Forums is a fail and needs to be closed or altered heavily with way more moderation and stricter rules.

This post hits the nail on the head 2bh

B8 threads need to be culled. It's been about a year and idiots still fall for wewuz b8ing and loaded questions. I'd demand sources but then that would open the floodgates to retarded images collages from /pol/ and shady blogspam sites. Ideally we'd have an approved list of online sources and literature, but this this Veeky Forums and that will never happen.

At least have political ideologies quarantined into generals.

I think I saw more history threads on Veeky Forums before this board was created, and without shitposters too

I'm a /pol/ack and this board is way too cancerous. Somehow it's managed to combine the cancer of Veeky Forums and /pol/ into one giant clusterfuck. I wonder how long it's going to be until we get Stirner in a Crusader.

Occasionally there is a good history thread, but "& Humanities" was the biggest mistake in Veeky Forumstory.

hissss. REEEE get out of my board you fucking normie.
You /pol/fags are trying to make the whole Veeky Forums a giant circlejerk like reddit.

That image is pure stupid.

The English in the West Indies by J A Froude

wrong thread

I personally find that Veeky Forums has conveniently many of my interests on the same board. On the downside there's the endless whining about how this or that should not belong here.

You guys are a bunch of spoiled whiny little brats. What the fuck did you expect anyway?
This board was going have shitposting and quite frankly it's still not as bad as it could have been.

Screenshot guy has gone full retard

I love this board to much for not call for its killing!

Post this on /qa/. More likely to get something done that way.

>What would have really disappeared? Plotinus and the spookposters? The buddhafags? If even that.
These guys aren't bad though.