/hg/ - Halo General

RIP Jul Edition

>Current Content Update:
- Warzone Firefight (available on 6 maps)
- Campaign Score Attack
- 1 new arena map
- 1 new warzone map
- 1 new warzone assault map
- 1 new forge canvas
- New bosses, including the Grunt Goblin
- New reqs, including the UNSC wasp vehicle and the Halo 2 Beam Rifle
- Req items available in forge
- 5 new campaign score attack achievements
- 3 new warzone firefight achievements

>Official Warzone Firefight reveal trailer:
youtube.com/watch?v=3My_2vZQjBI

>Important Halo Links, Notes etc.
pastebin.com/64rb9y4w

>Latest Halo Community Update
halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/comic-con-preview

>Spartan Companies:
halowaypoint.com/en-us/spartan-companies/halo general

>Looking for custom games/campaign co-op players/matchmaking squad
halolfg.com
halocustoms.com
halolobbies.com
Watch the threads for occasional party squads

>Xbox One clips and screenshots
xboxdvr.com/

>The third /hg/tage is out!
youtube.com/watch?v=Bj0swJRlm5g

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

xboxdvr.com/gamer/Wizards0nly/video/19957060
britannica.com/animal/reptile/Courtship-and-fertilization#ref997680
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

FUCK THE /HG/ ESTABLISHMENT

>nightfall has fingerprint smudges on the visor

You are currently browsing /hg/ thread #188.

>Previous threads since numbering began:
#187 - Smart A.I. was a Mistake #186 - Our True Cause #185 - Black Undersuit #184 - Heretic Hunt #183 - Master Chef #182 - Take the Cruiser Back (Archived)
#181 - What the Fuck Were They Thinking (Archived)
#180 - What Ever Happened to that Stupid Cloak (Archived)
#179 - Parasite's Cove (Archived)
#178 - We Numbered Now (Archived)

I kind of hope it was a body double or something, killing off a major enemy like that is bullshit

/hg/ WAS A FUCKING MISTAKE!!!!

>Jul
>Major Enemy
Love this meme

>people care about jul
Did you cry when the heretic leader died too?

Official character rankings:

>Elder gods tier
Jul

>Grear tier
MC
Arbiter
Buck

>Good tier
Kelly
Linda
Johnson

>Meh tier
Everyone else

>Shit tier
Palmer
That nig marine who shot me with a rocket yesterday, fuck that guy.

>Spartan Ops
>RRRRRRR comic
Jul was a low Tier irrelevant character

>12 threads away from #200

>muh jul

He was trying to remove that helmet to put on the superior version instead.

>Supreme leader of the Covenant forces in 4-5.
>not major enemy

Celebration imminent

MIIIIIIIIISTAAAAAAAAAKE!!!!!

No because he had zero backstory.

And still no /hg/ picture day.

>jul
>back story
If I need to read some shitty YA fiction to play game you're doing it wrong.

He was not even mentioned in the 4 campaign and he dies immediately as 5's campaign kicks off, like a bitch I might add
>Spartan Ops
Is complete shit

Hey numberfag, please skip Halo 4 and go straight to Halo 5 for the next thread map pic.
Halo 4 maps are best forgotten.

You're a mistake

Fuck off, the problem with 4 was the gameplay, the maps are and look great.

>4 player
>not 16 player
Look at this fucking casual Trash of a leader we have

Let's laugh at Kai talking to himself in the dead thread.

That's true as well

This looks like something straight out of Metroid prime

The maps were all shit.

>he likes blackout more than lockout

>he likes blackout more than lockout
He's retarded?

Leave our glorious leader alone faggot.

I like the aesthetics of blackout more, but Halo 3's FOV, movement speed, and sandbox make it infinitely less fun.

>not even diamond ONCE
Welp... at least he's a nice guy

>implying that's bad

Cawfee

Impressive

It's not bad.
I love Metroid prime.

>he likes 4 over Reach

GREEN TEAM

I like 4's campaign more but everything else I like more about reach

Not hard enough

It had better maps

Be prepared for the Night of Long Energy Swords.

Reach had Zealot and Powerhouse
4 had ______?

Pizza confirmed for retarded.

>4 at all

Exile, solace, landfall, complex.

>complex
>good

Solace was trying too hard to be Narrows, and failed.

>pizza in full damage control
>he's never even gotten a running riot

Jus a little tip. Black text with a white outline pops out more and is easier to read.

What's this?

Did you take that yourself?

I know for a fact all that grass wouldn't be that thick or be visible from a distance longer than 10 feet

Also those mountains in the back turn into blobs of poo from the other side of the map and the trees dissapear

Halo 4 was pretty sometimes, but most maps were very bad. A good example is that tropical ocean one where the "islands" 10 feet from shore are 2D pixelated cutouts

When is Micro$oft going to shitcan Brian Reed and make Frank OConnor the head writer for Halo 6?

Halo Original trilogy Master Chief dialogue:
>I need a weapon
>we're just getting started
>Sir- Finishing this fight

Master Chief's lines Halo 5:
>I don't like it

Arbiters dialogue, original trilogy
>If they came to here me beg, they will be disappointed
>If it were so easy
>turn, heretic!
>What would you have your Arbiter do?
>Tartarus, the Prophets have betrayed us
>The Prophet will die by my hands - not theirs!
>I will have my revenge on a prophet- not a plague!
>This is our fight. And I will see it finished.

Arbiters Halo 5 dialogue:
>For Sanghelios!!!! and ten variants of line

Original trilogy NPC dialogue - something informatinve, builds character
>You are the Arbiter, the will of the Prophets, but these are my Elites. Their lives matter to me, yours does not
>We shall cut into the heart of this infestation, retrieve the Icon, and burn any Flood that stand in our way!
>Then it is an even fight. All cruisers, fire at will. Burn their mongrel hides!
>All of Sgt johnsons lines
>When you first saw Halo, were you blinded by its majesty?
>All of Graveminds lines

Halo 5 NPC dialogue: Pointless exposition and mission overviews that the team should have fucking committed to memory before even starting the mission. A whole load of shit that should have been in a cutscene pre mission, to build the character

>I A Mc Lovin77 has never stuck an enemy with a plasma grenade

>tripfag barely plays the game the general is for
>just sticks around to stir shit up
Did you expect anything else?

Shut up and buy more gold packs
They're on discount

At least one stick would have been nice. Looking at his medal chest makes me die a little inside.
He has four Big Gun Runner medals, but almost no power weapon kills, which means he fucked his team out of twelve power weapons.

Is 343 ever going to release a filler game like Halo 3 ODST which explains the origins of the ark or is Halo 6's story going to be a rail roaded exposition loaded cluster fuck like Halo 5?

The reason it's called "5: Guardians" and not just "5" is because this was supposed to be that. But they made it a full game, instead.

>no Halo 5: ONI
>not even a halo based mobile puzzle game that shows Mayas conversion to a smart AI

If they just made "Halo 5: ODST" starring Alpha 9 instead of Guardians, there'd be a lot less complaining.
Even if the story is godawful, if the protagonists are fun, it would be better than "No Humor 5: Guardians."

Meanwhile in non pre-release marketing bullshot land

>trees going low-poly
>rock walls turning into blobs of mud
>grass is entirely absent
>rocks starting to fade out
>lighting and textures all around worse

And this is from the MCC, which has slightly improved visuals over the 360 version. Halo 4 is not a pretty game.

And here's one without my distracting red circles

>Be Alpha 9
>Rookie dead
>Mickey in prison
>Dutch(second best character in ODST) retires to become a truck driver
>Romeo gets stuck on Concord on counter insurgency for probably rest of his career
>Buck pretty much too old for this shit
>all other former members dead too

art direction > graphics

>tfw i always wanted a sequel to ODST with old squad
At we got a closure but fuck me, this is depressing.

>can actually see the grass beyond 10 feet

>distant objects don't turn into low poly mush

>despite running at 720p it has higher resolution textures than even MCC halo 4

>Elder gods tier
>not Didact

This. Reach is an absolutely gorgeous game.

The Prophets weren't mentioned in CE. Doesn't mean they weren't major baddies.

When you ignore the motion blur and framerate.

>The Prophets weren't mentioned in CE. Doesn't mean they weren't major baddies.
CE was not a lore-centric game.
One of the reasons it's still the best

He was good in the books and terminals

Absolutely shit tier in the game

Literally cartoon villain edgy-armor wearing tier. Goes on evil rants and always leaves before the hero dies.

but what happened to dare?

>Obligatory request for a Forerunner-era game playing as a Promethean Warrior-Servant

I agree, but even with those issues it still beats out h4 360 and MCC by a longshot. Im still hoping for reach on MCC, the BTB was legitimately fun. And invasion

Well I mean, Jul's character is only really realized in the books too, and he's "elder god tier".

Indeed

>in preview program
>every single day for the past week I've had to spend half an hour downloading and installing patches every time I turn on my xbox
>each patch is the same 400-500 mb in size with tiny little changes to useless shit like Cortana or Apps (who the fuck even uses the Xbone for anything but games?)
>after spending 10 minutes downloading the update from microsofts shitty servers, have to spend 20 minutes applying it
Is there a fucking point to being in the preview program any more?

Still with ONI doing ONI stuff.

ONI vs UNSC when

H4 looks nice during close quarters indoor sections. Like the first mission on the dawn (those ice crystals and dust and holograms casting an orange glow on the walls) or the jungle mission (the foliage and lighting there was very nice, despite basically being a linear hallway)

In open spaces it absolutely falls flat and looks terrible.

The skyboxes are nice, and are made by very talented artists, but unfortunately are held back by the game and are extremely low res and bad looking without even zooming in in certain cases.

xboxdvr.com/gamer/Wizards0nly/video/19957060

>remove this
>add that
Yeah well in that case add better textures to 4 and it looks better.

My point is that Reach looks like shit.

Oh, sorry user. Here, have a lewd Vale as an apology.

No shit, some of Metroid Primes dev team helped make H4.

>be playing Halo: ONI
>half way through tutorial mission
>mission going smoothly
>Commander: Buck - we're pulling you out. Mission aborted!
>Buck gets back on ship
>Veronica was killed in action, and the news just reached them while Buck was in the middle of the op
>Buck spirals into a self destructive alcoholic depression, and ends up agreeing to a suicide mission to infiltrate and destroy a militant extremist insurrectionist group
>In final DLC chapter we find out Veronicas death was just a cover up to get Buck to agree to the mission, because he was the best they had, and they also lied to Veronica that Buck was KIA
>Buck and veronica retire after, effectively rendering Alpha9 disbanded.

Halo 5 looks like utter shit too, to the point that I was embarrased while playing through it for the first time.

>the first time the guardian appears its made of horrid low quality textures
>all the magical bioengineered unique forerunner foliage looks like it's literally something from a free resource library for Half Life 2
>in that one forerunner level where you're over some circuit looking landscape, even without zooming in the textures for the ground look like something from the PS2 era

Halo 4 and 5 are both graphically shit and somehow manage to get surpassed by previous games in the series that are a decade old.

I'd rather have motion blur with high textures and very good LOD distance than no motion blur with minecraft-tier textures on everything and objects that go low-poly and foliage that dissapears after 5 feet

The only good part of halo 4's visuals on a technical level was the lighting system. And they overdid it there. Everything was covered in a thick haze of bloom and glowed WAY TOO much, while small objects didn't bother to cast shadows at all.

I only got to play on that map 3 times, the tunnels were perfect ambush areas.

BTB Heavies was amazing

Well at least someone agrees with me. Usually people say that h4 has the best visuals on the 360 and that's just not true. The game is ugly as fuck (in most cases, some parts still look nice but it's very few and always small close quarters areas)

GLASSED.COM

Also if Sangheili take after reptiles in anatomy would they have 2 penises to go with 2 hearts as well?

britannica.com/animal/reptile/Courtship-and-fertilization#ref997680

>The penis is a homologue of the mammalian penis, and its presence in reptiles indicates that this organ arose early in the evolution of the amniotes and prior to the origin of reptiles and synapsids. In contrast, the hemipenes are structurally quite different. They are labeled “hemi” because two occur in each male, although only one is used during a single copulatory event. Whether a penis or hemipenis, this organ is inserted into the female cloaca

It was. It only sucks that it always took place on those shitty framerate-sucking forge maps. They removed the DLC playlists as well, and the DLC BTB maps were very nice.

I really do hope MCC gets an overhaul, if it had reach that would nearly double the content with shit like invasion and reach's customs. And maybe they can update it so armor abilities are map-pickups instead of loadouts.

>textures

who here honestly thinks 60fps is a fair trade off for halo 5 looking like straight poo in multiplayer?

say what you want, but i never had a problem with 30 from ce and up. I mean look at this. LOOK. on what planet is this muddy shit acceptable?

>Sangheili have two penises

tfw you will never have your elite bf fill both your holes at once.

or stuff both at once into your butt if your into that sort of thing

>Stockpile

Damn that was a great mode, same with Headhunter. Why the fuck didn't 343 include those in 4 or 5? 5 especially needs more game-modes AND PROPER FUCKING MAPS! Every fucking map in 5 is garbage, too-small, full of copy-pasted segments, and looks like they were all made in forge.

I swear the only map that actually looks like it had any effort put into it was Apex 7.

I like the 60fps, but 343 needs to fire their art staff and get a better art style.

>I'd rather have motion blur with high textures and very good LOD distance
And i would rather take 60fps and ≈1080p which you know, actually matters for gameplay.