/wtg/ - War Thunder General

Fighting for the freedom of Poland edition

>Official Site:
warthunder.com/

NOTE: You get given a premium aircraft for your first victory in game!
Need a faster download? Switch Language in Launcher.

>Wiki with Release Trees and General Tactics:
wiki.warthunder.com/index.php

>Fan created skins, missions, locations, fictions etc...
live.warthunder.com/ (Warning! Pure weeaboo and horsefucker autism abound)

>Ammunition Types
wiki.warthunder.com/index.php?title=Category:Ammunition

>All the Air RB/SB maneuvers you would want to know + Engine thingamabobs:
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=200974026

>Every Airplane Instrument Panel translated
mediafire.com/view/q4nybrogygdchdb/ND's_aircraft_reference_guide.pdf

>Steam community:
steamcommunity.com/groups/warthundervg

>vg chatroom:
Type " /join vg " into chatbox.
If prompted for a password, use "memes".

>Here is a teamspeak channel (You) can use
ts.gonnahate.org

>Joystick Comparisons:
xbitlabs.com/articles/multimedia/display/joystick-roundup_8.html

>DIY Headtracking
pcgamer.com/how-to-build-your-own-ir-head-tracker/
ebay.com/itm/161710468074

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jVs5kgvA_Ow
tanksforeverything.co.nz/vehicles.php
mortarinvestments.eu/products/tanks-2/t-34-35#currency=USD
youtube.com/watch?v=mxN0WfFKLRU
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russian_battleship_Oryol#Service
twitter.com/AnonBabble

infantry when?

first for T-62 is being completely overblown as a doomsday weapon and will be only a little bit better than the T-54

If I haven't played in over a year, what should I expect from playing now?

Reminder that an 80% win rate on soviet vehicles is because of the quality of players that play them and not because they are good vehicles.

first for Gaijin saying the T-62 will be good enough to compete with top tier M60A1, Chieftain and Leopard.

I havent played either, but I heard the SB tanks no longer let you pick what tanks you want to use andd that SB tanks are now more like and event than normal game mode

tanks is still shit, tier v gotten worse every patch

planes got kinda better, best jet has switched from F2 to MiG-17

Tanks are still shit, t5 is ATGM meme zone.
Planes are still shit, t5 switched from Sabre meme zone to MiG-17/Hunter F1 meme zone.

>Only have 11 Eagles
>Suddenly have 161
Only a little freaked out.

Also I noticed the Grant I in this event is listed as British. But I already have the one in the American tree. Will I just get nothing or will I end up with two?

>80% win rate on soviet vehicles

you mean on jap planes

i don't recall when my team won the last time vs those

Afaik you'll have two.

if they are in the different trees they are different vehicles

Do you really think a T-54 with 300mm pen APFSDS is going to rock the boat?

>mfw I somehow managed to dodge two Arado C3s in my F-84 by scissoring and forcing them to overshoot three times in a row
Weren't expecting that eh fuckers the best part is one of them did such damage to my engine in a lucky long range shot that at one point the plane could barely do 300 kph, and after killing one of them in a last resort head-on 20 m above the sea a D-13 finished me and got the kill

>slavboo's and shills going all out!
And this early into the thread, too.

just got the pulkzerstorer, what do i expect?

So the same bullshit as usual?
Did any planes get majorly fucked over by FM changes?

>149724802
Is your image supposed to be describing your own post or something? Poor choice desu senpai

Rush belts, take the APHE into >tanks with your tiger II or kugel, drink tears.

>tiger 2 or kugel
yeah about that, i dont have anything mast pz4

Everything is worse than you remember.

Are the Spitfires no longer full ))))))))))))))))) ?

Merely a small donation to unlock diesel tiger)))

hahahaha

if i don't pick bombs in rb air on spawn, can i get them after i land again? maybe there is some button to change your armament or something

Nope.

i might be stupid but not stupid enough to donate more to gaijew

You can in RB air but not RBGF.

You can if you have enough SP points to respawn in with bombs

No, you are incorrect.

so, can i or can't?

i know that in rb gf you choose your loadout when you spawn as a plane, but i doubt again you can change it once you spawned

Nevermind, I didn't see "RB air."

You can in air, not ground though. Don't ask why.

Fuck off

If you have enough SP to completely respawn, you can J out on the runway and spawn back in with bombs. The exact same way as with RB AF, but with spawn points.

so, nope?

well, it means i have to pick bombs/rockets and shoot them off after taking off

i wonder if the empty rocket racks affect performance though

you also need $$ backup for that or use a different plane

It was designed to be a cheap carriage for a 17lber that would park in front of a treeline, fire on the enemy flank and then drive back into concealment (since Brit tanks had shitty reverse gears).

Just like half the tanks in the game, it's completely useless in the War Thunder meta. Just like the 3 inch gun carrier should never be in games where it can be penned from the front, because it's entirely useless if you're against Pz4 H's, etc. who can pen your fuck-off huge front plate. It should be a slow moving hulk that's not pennable from the front (shy of dedicated TDs that are equivalently immobile), but incredibly easy to flank (due to the large, exposed tracks to knock out and huge side profile, horrendous turning speed, etc.)

Spaded every other tank in the Brit tree up to their tier, but the Archer and 3 inch gun motor carriage made me stop even trying to.

>knock out 2 crew and breach the cannon of a t 34 85
>flank around
>he kills me
>it took me less than 10 seconds to flank

I'm one bad match away from playing one of the 1200 games in my steam library.

Forgot my reply to some guy complaining about the archer in the last thread.

They do, but not noticeably unless you're using the triple bazooka pods.

I fucking hate Stalingrad, slavs hide their tanks on every fucking nook and cranny in that shitty map
I FUCKING HATE STALINGRAD

is the He-219 A-7 any good for grinding german tier IV? Or should I just talisman my D-9

>T-62 devblog
>people start calling for Chieftain, Leopard and M60 to get Depleted Uranium rounds as a "counter"

>tfw i stopped playing this account because it got so fucking boring with the blatant over powered vehicles

I'm about to just go back on it. It's silly trying to play US tanks.

i recall how i once on that map shot 3 kv, t-34 and some pz iv with my wolverine parked diagonally slanted on a heap of rubbish shooting though the windows

Why don't they give the churchill meme carrier the 32 pounder gun it was historically upgraded to?

>my team

>Crew knocked out

C H R I S T I E
H
R
I
S
T
I
E

i sunk my bt-5 that way once when i thought of something else while i was driving

suddenly it was - you will drown in 5 seconds and im on the bottom of the river

they dont want to force a 18+ rating on their game or something

When I first got my Pz.III J1 and didn't have the FPE researched yet, a T-34 lit me on fire and I thought I would be able to go in the water to put it out and survive. Turns out I was wrong, I was in the water and in fire. My crew drowned before I blew up a second after.

anyone here like interwar period conflicts?
i find the Spanish Civil War and Sino-Japanese war very interesting
a lot of early WW2 technology tested there

infantry is in game, it's just never going to be playable

like do you really want to be killed by someone YOLOing with a panzerfaust? and do you really want to see how awfully Gaijin would implement infantry?

>you see Ivan when shoot rpg with bow, you will be of most stealth for enemy not hear you shoot

btw i googled that gif, it's a bt-7, not bt-5, it's 1936, a record 42m jump on bt-7 performed by eugene kulchitsky, he later drove the tank ashore

>infantry is added in
>everything is fast paced for them
>game becomes a battlefield title

Please no

I mean it's not interwar but fucking entertaining for sure

>he later drove the tank ashore
I don't know why I'm surprised considering there's that T-34 that ran fine after being in a bog for 70+ years

>tfw spanish civil war sim event with enforced camos never
>tfw Pz Is for mixed battles never

I wonder what this sounded like

is that arnolds M47?

youtube.com/watch?v=jVs5kgvA_Ow

>Sino-Japanese war
we have flying tigers camo in game btw

also chinese army inscription

>governor of California
>owns his own tank

There's some kind of irony there

Also kinda wonder how he acquired it

If you have money you can get anything

>governor of California
Hasn't been for a while, senpai.

>Also kinda wonder how he acquired it
Legally, by cementing the gun and signing lots of papers.

>Also kinda wonder how he acquired it
I assume he bought it.

You don't need a lot of money to buy a tank, you can get T-72s cheaper than the newest BMW series. The problem is getting all the licenses for it, transporting it, getting it deactivated etc. etc. Shit, if I had 90k NZD (app. 56k USD) I could buy a Centurion without even having to ship it tanksforeverything.co.nz/vehicles.php

Well yeah of course he bought it, I meant from where and shit.

if WT wasn't such a grindfest were using lower tiers was shit, i could see much more people getting in the spanish civil war event

>first T-26 vs Panzer 2 battle in Europe
>first dogfights of german aircraft against russian aircraft

Online, I'd bet.
mortarinvestments.eu/products/tanks-2/t-34-35#currency=USD

thats all from the latter years
sino-japanese war was going on since the early 30's i think
would be interesting to see the early shit like ki-21
they did add the ki-27 wich was the main japanese army aircraft in the early years i think

Oops,

Is there a reason why he kept the turret turned around like that?

damn that's actually cheap compared to what I thought they would be. Do they actually run or just for show?

It's a pretty common thing to do so you don't hit your barrel against things when you're going over unsteady terrain.

Probably to negate the risk of smacking into something with the barrel. Wouldn't want to drive it straight into the ground going over a bumpy hill now would we?

Also even if they don't run I couldn't imagine getting one working would be very difficult. So long as it still has it's engine in one piece you could probably coax it to life, most of them are russian tanks after all.

>Do they actually run or just for show?

>featured on that exact same page
>BUY A NEW ENGINE FOR A T-34 TANK HERE.
>T-34 AMMUNITION SHELLS ON SALE NOW.

btw this green text is rather not accurate at all, just looking at the first lines they are full of bullshit

to begin with the pacific fleet was "bottled" in port arthur which was a chinese town, not in vladivostok

i recall novikov-priboy who served on oryel wrote that at least a part the fleet was, like, the dregs of the baltic fleet, but w/e, the second ridiculous mistake it's that oryel was captured at tsushima in 1905 surely she didn't sink at the harbour in 1904, so it's already ridiculously wrong (eventually she was scuttled as a target ship in 1924 so she lived 20 years more than this paste claims)

at least somebody could put some effort into it

i think sino-jap war is considered that it lasted up to 1945

there's no way you're getting that tank without removing firing capabilities

>unlock T-34
>soviet gonna club
>first game
>can't pen a sherman for shit
>he instantly kills me

have I been lied to?

You could get one that could in some states as long as you sign enough papers. youtube.com/watch?v=mxN0WfFKLRU

the same feelings as mine when i unlocked t-34 1940, m8

they lied to me of the russian bias to make me play the soviet line

at least the teams are actually good

>Do you really think a T-54 with 300mm pen APFSDS is going to rock the boat?

No but it's 440m pen hollow-charge non-rotating shells will.

Port Arthur had been captured while the Baltic fleet was underway, so they were reassigned to Vladivostok. And as for the Oryol
>While fitting out in Kronstadt in May 1904 in preparation for the installation of her armor, some temporary sheathing was removed that allowed water to enter and sank the ship five days later.

She then served as a Japanese coastal defence ship after being captured.

So I'm not sure if you're trying to be a slav history revisionist or you're just stupid.

No, you just suck.

>sir please sign here saying you won't shoot the cannon at other people, please.
>also sign here letting us have full ability to spy on you and you must report anytime you are going to use your hellcat sir.

>tfw you will never own a tank with Christie suspension
>tfw you will never fry eggs on its engine deck for your neighbors

>Port Arthur had been captured while the Baltic fleet was underway

and? the pasta claims they were sent to unblock vladivostok while they were sent to lift the siege of port arthur

dude, it's you are revisionist here

please explain me how a sunk battleship made a trip around half the world and then fought at a battle

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russian_battleship_Oryol#Service

that's where i stopped reading that paste btw, i bet the rest is just full as shit as that

at least you (i guess it's your green text) could take a bit of effort to learn the history

You mean as opposed to the 400mm pen L7 HEAT-FS shells? Or the 400mm pen L11 APDS shells? Or the 600mm pen S.11 ATGMs? Or the 430mm pen Shillelagh ATGMs? Or the 500mm pen Drakon ATGMs? Or the 400mm pen SU-122-54 HEAT-FS?

>before
>couldn't compete without spending 2k per heat shot
>now
>has a 440mm shot likely for free

Wew lad, why don't you go shill elsewhere if you think this is no big deal

Regardless of whatever it is your posts are trying to say, learn some fucking English. I can't understand you when you refuse you employ correct capitalization and punctuation.

>this fucking skin
made me laugh

wew, it's the thread slavaboo. The same guy who said that slavs never ever raped any polish women when they """"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""liberated"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""" Poland, the something something Russians treated Ukrainians and the Baltic states fairly something something

Who's actually aiming to grind this commie liberator?

>before
???? The T-62 is literally being added this coming patch ????

>has a 440mm shot likely for free
And you think Gaijin is going to give them that shell for FREE?

Like damn this isn't even straws you're grasping at. You still didn't address how a 440mm HEAT-FS shell is supposed to rock the boat btw

>test tank
neat

>same mediocre gun
Naw. M103 fixed when?

your link literally refutes your statement

like how bad can your bait get if you don't even bother to make sure your link doesn't say the complete opposite of you

>You still didn't address how a 440mm HEAT-FS shell is supposed to rock the boat btw

Sure, it's not going to rock the boat despite being able to one shot any T5 tank.

Do you even play Tier 5 because by the sounds of it you are a fucking idiot if you think 440mm is no biggie.

it's pretty nice t b h.
There's also some meme Jap prototype skin too

>mediocre gun
what