GM prevented Tesla from directly selling cars in Connecticut

>This is using state legislators and a legislative body to prosecute a business strategy whereby they are trying to shut us down at the same time they are bringing out a competitive product. The free market fairness question has to be asked: General Motors decided they were going to a franchise system in the 1920s and 30s. Good for them. Why wouldn’t Tesla as a free-market actor get to make that same choice now?

electrek.co/2016/05/01/tesla-gm-direct-sales-connecticut/
jalopnik.com/gm-prevented-tesla-from-selling-cars-in-connecticut-re-1774287462

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/_eXCYGcBdAw?t=11s
youtu.be/NRuE38Bl5Mo?t=10m42s
thehustle.co/a-surprisingly-large-number-of-amazon-reviews-are-scams-the-hustle-investigates
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Nissan should emulate them. I'd buy a Leaf if they got rid of the middlemen.

>free market
>using state legislators
Pick one.

Tbh any major car maker that gets rid of the middle man and sells direct to me will probably win my money for my next car.

Dealerships add absolutely no value.

>I'd buy a Leaf
Kill yourself

Who cares? The Model S is a slow piece of shit compared to its competitors anyways.

The real evil bastards working behind the scenes in state government, are the car dealership owners.

they want to force Tesla to use third party dealerships. so they can get a cut of Tesla's profits.

only when comparing irrelevant speeds north of 100mph.

In the realm of reality. The Model S trounces the competition.

>irrelevant
>literally slower than a 55k mustang
Are all tesla fangirls this dumb?

and how often are you on the unrestricted parts of the german autobahn or a race track?

Everyday. And I'm the majority. It's not my fault you choose to go slow.

>the model s destroys its competitors hurrr durr
>literally cannot outperform a mustang
>n-no! DON'T COMPARE TIMES!!!!
Enjoy literally being unable to outperform a mustang that's nearly 1/3 the price from 0-150, a roll race or on a track.

0-60 is all that matters.

Enjoy getting raped in the ass by 55k mustangs.

youtu.be/_eXCYGcBdAw?t=11s

Where can you do amateur 0-60 racing? Only drag racing near me is the 1/4 mile. For a race that stops at 60mph you could get an underdrive or some 6.13 rear end gears in a V6 Mustang and destroy everything on the road

>2016
>buy a 134k tesla
>realize you can't go 200 mph

>2012
>buy a 55k mustang
>realize you can go 200 mph
Do tesla fangirls intentionally cuck themselves?

youtu.be/NRuE38Bl5Mo?t=10m42s

>2000
>buy a 10 k bike
>realize you can go 200 mph

You see where this is going?

Boy how I wish cars could be bought directly from the factory. Good for Tesla. Fuck GM or who ever is responsible if that's what they did.

I don't fucking like salesmen.

1/8 mile for road cars is usually around 75-80 but we all know you're just being a bit of a cunt ;)

Theyre a useless middleman. Id rather just buy a car. If i decide to drop 10k+ on any purchase. Fuck, a grand on any purchase. Im not going to walk in with no idea and have some idiot scammer faglord give me any advice i didnt read in the brochures.

Fuck 'em. It's their loss in taxes when CTfags buy their Tesla from one of the stores in the NYC or Boston area.

Cars should be bought in person from a supplied selection, test driven and allowed to check it out.

Cars shouldn't be bought like items on Amazon. Not being able to see, feel or try it before buying. You will get no discounts or any chance of negotiating if buying direct. The growth of "haggle free" lots like CarMax and direct buy from manufactures is not a good thing at all in terms of saving the customer money.

>trolling this hard

This

No,
What happens when you order your fagmobile off Carmazon and it's a piece of shit?
Being able to test drive it and get a feel for it might have protected you from blowing $20k that you don't have on something you don't like.
Obligatory: dealerships provide jobs and strengthen the economy.

>liberals want a free market when it suits their precious electro mobiles
kek

Holy fucking this

You return it, just like Amazon. You pathetic luddite

Is it me or is the Model S really pretty?

>returning items that can wear
MY god Teslafags are this fucking delusional
Go return a car battery after you've charged it.
Aside from Wal-Mart, no place will touch the fucking thing.

>Obligatory: dealerships provide jobs and strengthen the economy.
I'd love to hear you explain how dealerships "strengthen the economy".

I'd love for you to quote the right fucking person.
How can we trust you with buying a car from the internet when you can't even click the right fucking post.

Not him, but they're retail stores like any other. The thing about Amazon is that it barely requires any manpower to run.
Of course, third party dealerships are cancer, but I think he was talking about manufacturer dealers.

Go cry in your shitbox about it

I meant third party. Sorry for the lack of distinction.

>Go cry in your shitbox about it
Why? I know how to quote.

>confirms shitbox owner

3 shitboxes are better than 1 bus-pass.

And you have all four

Actually, studies have shown that if we didn't need to dick around with car salesmen, we'd save about $2000 on each car purchase.

>What are reviews
>What are warranties

Of course something like Amazon would not work without some changes in policy, but that does not change the fact that the current system we have only exists due to legislation that was put in place to protect the car manufacturers interests while artificially creating disposable jobs.

You don't need a bus pass to drive a bus.

>>What are reviews
thehustle.co/a-surprisingly-large-number-of-amazon-reviews-are-scams-the-hustle-investigates

>he trusts reviews

So many shitty games on Steam having glowing reviews because:

People lie.

Buying a car without test driving is retarded.

You only addressed one point.

Let me tack on another.

>trusting corporations to 'know whats good for you'.

You know, full well, that if Tesla was allowed to sell in Connecticut , people would eat that shit up in a heart beat.

This isn't a corporation who is using legislation because 'its the right thing to so, we swear!'. They're using legislation so they don't have to compete. This is the antithesis of a 'free market'.

>>trusting corporations to 'know whats good for you'.
It's not their job to know what's good for you.
That's why you have the choice of this brand of car or that brand of car or whatever the fuck you want.

Buying a car and having it delivered to your home isn't going to free you from the shackles of corporate America.
Tesla is incorporated.

>They're using legislation so they don't have to compete.
>Tesla has to use dealerships
>all of a sudden GM doesn't have competition
Teslafags i swear..

I love that republitards spew untaxed , unregulated capitalism will fix everything but when it comes time to do it they don't.
Fuck those faggots and fuck the stealerlership network. All it does is add costs.

Middletown Nissan got bought buy another company from the owner.
They fucked over everyone including customers. They squeeze a customer for as much money from an oil change as they can. They don't care if they come back, which boggles my mind.
I have second hand knowledge of the shady things they're doing.

Yes I mad

liberals hate free market politics.
but now they love it when it effects tesla.

>I love that republitards spew untaxed , unregulated capitalism will fix everything
Sorry but that's anarcho-capitalism.
Listen to that batshit Stefan Molyneux tell people the world will be perfect if it was just anarchist.

Republican will vote on what ever favors the business that is paying them

I'm a liberal and I don't hate a free market. Anybody with half a brain knows a free market is good. But you need some regulations to keep things fair. We seen how business behave with a totally free market(industrial revolution) and its not good. Anyways what Chevy is doing is far beyond any regulations, its just some jewish ass bullshit

>dealerships provide jobs and strengthen the economy.

AHAHAHAHA
no.

Tesla has sort of gotten around this by showing cars and having salesmen. The catch? They can't discuss pricing. Instead the customer must order their car from Tesla. Honestly, that's a sales model I'd be happy with.

I agree.

This

>But you need some regulations to keep things fair. We seen how business behave with a totally free market

So much this. I like capitalism, it spurs innovation and economic growth. But unfettered it can bring a world economy down. Look at the banks of 2008. Republitards took away regulations and that's what happened. We learned nothing from 1929. We repealed laws that specifically came out after the crash.
FUCK POLITICIANS IN GENERAL I'M SO MAD RIGHT NOW ARE YOU HAPPY OP

I hate this fucking state. And fuck Malloy, he's clueless.

>Honestly, that's a sales model I'd be happy with.

I should clarify: happy with for now. Eventually it should be like going to any store and buying a product.

Yeah man fuck dealerships Tesla is the best Elon = god

Now let me just take my Tesla down to the local independent service center

>AHAHAHAHA
>no.
yes.

>The growth of "haggle free" lots like CarMax and direct buy from manufactures is not a good thing at all in terms of saving the customer money.

This is truth. We all hate dealerships, and everyone is aware of the bullshit that they can inject into the processes, but dealer competition DOES keep pricing in check, and switching to a direct sale/no haggle model with result in a higher average price paid for cars

>this
GM is already trying to figure out how to get out from under their own dealer network. Those guys are middle men who add no value and they know it.

Let's be honest here. Corporate America is paying good money to keep the government in check ad with TTIP it may end up owning EU as well.

Ehh, fuck Tesla. On the other hand, fuck GM too.

you realize you can schedule test drives before buying the Tesla

there's absolutely no need for dealerships

I wish I could not have to deal with a stealership AND be able to jew the price down by negotiations. This Scion "just come buy this shit at this price" thing kinda makes it not as fun.

haggling is a side effect of having stealerships.

Cars are a durable manufactured good just like any appliance. They should be sold at a fixed price.

You can't jew down Best Buy on a Microwave.

I really want a Tesla but 100k+ is too much to spend.

They keep the shit sacks who work there from polluting the rest of commerce.

Stores and online retailers compete on price without haggling.

we're all paying more for cars because of stealerships.

GM sells cars to stealerships at price and makes a profit(usually). The stealership then marks it up and sets a price range they are comfortable negotiating in. So that no matter what they make a profit. This also allows them to let you jew them down on the price. So you feel good and are more compelled to make the purchase.

Now they might sometimes sell cars at losses. Though they do this in hopes you come back to them for their real money maker. The overpriced service and parts departments. where you will pay $10 for 4 screws.

Tesla on the other hand gets to sell their cars at a comfy 20-25% profit margin on each unit sold. Giving them lots of income to then plow back into expansion and keeping investors happy. If they went to third party stealerships. They would face taking a huge hit in profit per unit, or their cars being sold at higher prices.

>Generalisations: The Post

>Teslas fan base is Bernie supporters
>They hate "the free market" which they assure us we have right now, you filthy libertarian
>They are mad at corporate kick backs involving influencing the state to prevent free disruptive competition that they in this case support

So if they support it in this, why not everything else?

So, where would I go for a test drive?

I'm a gun toting, iraq war veteran, rand paul supporter, tesla fan.

>generalisations

c'mon man you know exactly where I'm coming from.

>implying oligarchies are competitive and innovating

Carnegie pls go

Kek no. Prices are better for everyone when you don't have a middleman and you don't have to haggle like you're at poo in the loo bazaar.
All the car companies wish they could get rid of stealershits.

Technically detract value. It's inefficient waste of shekels

i hope GM gets sued

hopefully they will go bankrupt

>all of that "I like capitalism but only when it's not capitalism"
Kys

A FUCKING LEAF

>hurr durr capitalism must be anarchocapitalism otherwise its not true capitalism

you are a dumb nigger

>tfw unpatriotic cuck state
>tfw assault weapons ban, ammo permits, 10 round limits

Kek
But that's wrong.

>implying Tesla Only had their website as a sales channel
how long have been under a rock? Tesla had a lot of galleries, you still had an option to try Tesla first on their galleries. What Connecticut is trying to do is not allowing them to have a gallery that is fully owned by tesla, because stealership model.
The only thing that dealership does is jack up the price and make everybody else greyed their hair.

dealerships can provide useful services locally for maintaining your car

>Dealership on full damage control
You do realise that tesla also provide service Center for their cars

Absolutely no need for dealership

tesla does that
this x1000

>useful services locally for maintaining your car

That's because they have you by the balls. If the business model went away then manufactures would take that service over.

Stop shilling for them you faggot

plenty of stores offer price matching

>current year
>people unironically defend stealerships
The older I get the more I notice the world is becoming a parody of itself

That pic lol

i can find 5 different dealerships that will service my car the same day within 10 miles. Even more independent mehanics within the same range. Tesla won't be doing that.

But your little shitbox isn't under warranty is it?

And if it has a recall with say takata bomb bags it has to go to the "dealer"

Inb4 you're typing away furiously in your upstairs office overlooking the showroom.

Tesla will send a mechanic with tools and parts to fix your car on the spot.

Tesla will send a flatbed with a loaner car. If your car needs to be towed into a service center. Then they will send your car back on a flated to return it and get the loaner back.

A lot of what can go wrong with a Tesla can be fixed by a service rep over the internet.

>the GOP is the one backing a protectionist pro-union stance of block direct sales

and they wonder why trump is doing so well

Because the people voting for him are oblivious to all the protectionist shit he's pledging because they only hear what they want to hear?

ITT: Zero (0) Tesla owners.

lel'd

Because they're expensive, useless, unreliable shits.

>hair isn't even blue

3D confirmed a shit.

I love the internal combustion engine and its tech. From based two smokes to jet engines.
I love xbox hueg v8's and small displacement screamers.
But it would be retarded to discount Tesla. I'm excited about all this battery tech and what it means not just for the automotive industry but the tech industry as a whole.

tl;dr
You're a troglodyte plebfag

You forgot to mention to pre-order.

Really? I mean really?

This is equivalent to Lyft/Uber and taxis. Why should Tesla get to avoid regulations when all other manufacturers have to obey them? Either change it for everyone or change it for no one. Stop crying that your new thing isn't getting extra super special treatment.

And as far as "boo big GM", they have legislature on their side. And rightly so. Why wouldn't they fight this?

You know that there's no difference between hippies lobbying for Musk and GM lobbying for themselves, right? Every company wants what's best for it. And in this case, what's best for GM is keeping the status quo. Tesla isn't a small business anymore. They're making retarded profits. Stop acting like Musk is some little guy out of his garage just trying to make a difference.

What do you mean?

GM wants to change the status quo you faggot. It's in their interests to get rid of the middleman. It allows them to be way more flexible in business and make more money for the company.

Right. But the articles (electrek, totally unbiased and not full of Tesla sponsored content whatsoever) make it sound like GM is being some big scary stepfather. Obviously anons in this thread agree. And my point was that that's not what's going on.

You're right, it's GM dealers doing the lobbying, not GM, and I should have made that more clear. But my point stands. We can't treat 1 business special just because they ask nicely. Either nothing changes or everything changes.

I love the idea of Uber, for instance. But they shouldn't get a pass on being unlicensed taxis when other taxis need expensive paperwork just to drive. That's not a free market. Yet that's what Tesla is trying to do, then crying that not being able to get a leg up on the competition means it's not a free market.

get a load of this cuckold

>But they shouldn't get a pass on being unlicensed taxis when other taxis need expensive paperwork just to drive. That's not a free market.
Actually that is the free market. Expensive paperwork is clearly a barrier to entry in the taxi business, meaning it is inherently anti-free market.

>We can't treat 1 business special just because they ask nicely. Either nothing changes or everything changes.

>I love the idea of Uber, for instance. But they shouldn't get a pass on being unlicensed taxis when other taxis need expensive paperwork just to drive.

user you replied to. I agree, keep a level playing field.

Free market (at least what I think) means you're able to create a business for anything that's legal. Having paperwork and oversight is necessary to ensure that laws are followed etc.
You can't just go willy nilly.

>you can't just go willy nilly

That was my interpretation, too. Looked up the actual definition of free market, and other user is right, but that means there's no such thing as a free market in literally any developed country. Everything is regulated as some level, the general public is too stupid to avoid oversight.

This is an extreme case of regulation. I don't even agree with it. I just don't like this one-sidedness going on.

How nice would it be to change this by internet rage. Memes and all. Baneposting has already made it into the real world.

I don't think car dealership would win against Tesla. Tesla feels like a giant totalitarian corporation in the making, which spoils the citizens like a children and mind-controlling them.