ITT: Post cockpits

ITT: Post cockpits

Other urls found in this thread:

911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=95666&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=15&sid=e2b9c1927f22c3d7fd79ee720ad0886c
ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1313.TR11.TRC1.A0.H0.Xlighting gel.TRS0&_nkw=lighting gel&_sacat=0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

your check engine light is on OP
you should check engine

>turning the car on - for 100

Are you serious or what?

Just sitting with key on

One time my light came on, I opened the hood, closed it, and then when I turned my car back on the light was off. My car LITERALLY just wanted me to check on my engine.

>lexus makes interiors this comfy
Who do I have to blow to get this car?

Hey ! ! there's no clutch ! !

That cheap ass plastic

I posted this in hhg already, but fuckit

That is fucking NICE

This isn't a cockpit. It's a helm

Best i can do at the moment

steering wheel is a bit chunky and the buttons on the left look like a bit of a "what is in the Toyota parts bin" sort of job, but overall it looks really nice

Orange dash backlight a best
This head unit is pissing me off though

Thanks, have another photo.

Unfortunately it's common to all Lexus, it was the same in the IS I used to have (the 2014 model).

Even the cruise control pad is the same as the one you can find in 1980s Toyota.

But honestly, I don't give a damn about these little things because overall I'm really pleased by the interior (there's still some little thing that remember this car partially is a Prius).

Also the engine is not as slow as I could have imagined reading reviews and opinions, I feel it's ok. It punches more than a 1.6 diesel (the 0-100 in slowish 10,3" is weight fault) but without lag.

My 2 cents.

if you are decent with a soldering iron and it's frontlit, you might be able to disassemble the head unit, de-solder the blue LEDs and solder on some orange LEDs
I have a feeling its a backlit LCD though

Or you could get a new one
911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=95666&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=15&sid=e2b9c1927f22c3d7fd79ee720ad0886c

Forgot the pic.

Thats super comf, what car is that?

why are modern interiors so overloaded and ugly and MUH SMOOTH SHAPES AND """METAL""" (PLASTIC)
THIS and pic related are what a real cockpit should look like

Ferd

The "metallic" plastic (it's not meant to replicate metal or aluminium though) Lexus uses, which I don't like at all in some spots, is recicled material supposed to be eco friendly while stylish (?), a sort of added value for green hybrids.

I'm ok with that, but I agree that for a car in this price range I would be able to choose between that material and metal.

Heres a better pic. Acres of plastic

It's supposed to look like brushed metal, but comes off cheap as hell.

Woops, thats the ant edition

>soldering
Good idea but while I have experience with that, I don't think it's enough. I'll see what I can do.
>buying a new one when current is working
Wow, so that's what living in a first world country feels like

I liked my 2003 Tacoma's interior, not roomy but wasn't so bulky looking like the newer ones

Pic is my Legacy cockpit

I don't know but surely the tactile sensation isn't even close to metal.

The one used in the IS is a little different.

you could also try lighting gels
they're just bits of coloured plastic meant for use in theatre lighting, so the colour won't fade with use.
ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1313.TR11.TRC1.A0.H0.Xlighting gel.TRS0&_nkw=lighting gel&_sacat=0

Honestly I don't like any of the mid-size truck Interiors these days, but i can live with the new taco

Probably gonna be rotated

Fuck.

Which car?

The rpm-light is too fast for my phone.

Taken a few days ago on the QEW

vroom vroom

Nnnnnyyyyyeeerrrooooowww

Eeew, why so glass pfd?

COOL VIBRATIONS

>4MB

Please consider us Ausfriends next time you make a post chap :)

what lexus model &yr is this?

2016 CT 200h F Sport

Night time potato mode engaged

Leave it to Japan to cheap out on literally everything

>real cockpit
>cites 30 year old econobox interiors
Spotted the poorfag

>cruising on highway
>not reached 90 C temperature yet
had the same issue on my 328ci, broken thermostat?

No, this was literally 2 minutes after pulling out of my driveway. It's usually warmed up after a mile or two

>Dashboard that big
>things actually staying in place on said football field/dashboard.
yep, its a beetle.

yeah didnt notice your speed, not exactly highway speeds
also I just went on a solo 1500 mile road trip across Europe in this cockpit, my back didn't even hurt lol

I don't doubt it! It's the most comfortable car I've ever driven

My Lexus

Basicness as its peak.

Grandfathers

What a terrible interior

9/10

Dark rose leather is top tier but I can't stand these rubber mats.

>Manuèl
Nice.

IE the perfect automobile for all humanity

>Brand logo moulded into the steering wheel
Yep, that's cheap.

>having interiors

I love those older Merc interiors

You need dat factory wood

It's a fucking shame they don't make manual ISs anymore

The dashboard is nice but goddamn, that view is scenic as fuck

i miss my E46 :(

pic related was in my late-323Ci...

It's one of those cars that I never want to get rid of. If I do, I'll probably buy another one

I'll probably end up buying another one when I'm stable(read: not in school) and can afford another car.

I'm going to paint it silver one day~

Which model? If I buy another, I doubt I'll get another CI. I love it, but I'd love having 4 doors some days

Do you go to the Veeky Forumsntario meetups?

Nobody bought the manual 2IS when they offered it. So they stopped making it. Same reason the C-class or new S4 can't be had in manual.

Well, I have a small SUV atm which I intend to keep until it dies, so I can see myself getting the pre-facelift 323Ci again...

R8 mine

That's retarded, what the fuck

comfy

>[EUROBEAT]
It's nice that they decided to make all lights the same color, prefer unity of colors over all

I also need cup holders

WHERE?

Thanks, it's definitely comfy. I don't dig the floorboard lights, but other than that it's pretty sexy

It's a bit better at RL contrast

Yeah, that is a lot better for sure

This was my 2012 (post facelift) Ibiza FR interior.

Many people say that it's cheap and shitty, but...I still love her.

1/2
comf

2/2

Sorry for shit quality.

I hate this car.

Gaustatoppen, Norway. 59.857394, 8.686930