/agdg/ : AggyDaggy // Amateur Game Dev General ((Aggy Daggy))

Shortened OP Edition // Previous Thread: This is a thread for amateur and aspiring game developers and anyone interested in the field.
The OP you're used to is here:
>pastebin.com/geTiMLWZ

Even older helpful links can be found at:
>alloyed.github.io/agdg-links/

NEWS:
• Space Jam! A game jam themed around space, not the Charles Barkley movie.
itch.io/jam/agdg-space-jam

• Final Demo Day Nine is complete! No one won. It was (Not) a competition.
itch.io/jam/agdg-demo-day-9

• The first ever Demo Day Ten begins soon!
itch.io/jam/agdg-demo-day-10

• Beta /AGDG/ Website
tools.aggydaggy.com/#

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.4plebs.org/_/search/tripcode/!n/ZnkB9jUw/
imdarrl.tumblr.com/post/148029174425/i-finally-got-around-to-updating-idle-rpg-i-made
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Should I use autotools?

idea guy here

its like pokemon go but you go to schools and kidnap virtual lolis

I don't mind this OP but fuck you for changing it without asking me first.

I can post my shitty breathing animation.

>when you take paris in 2 weeks

Can we keep the shortened OP please. Even though it was made by a shitter the old one is awful.

2 frames does not an animation make

>At leas the "lewd fanart" is tangentially related to the games and fan content is supportive in nature.
>The steamchat drama and stupid shitpost wars don't even have that excuse
We support /agdg/ in that we defend it from the NoDevs of steamchat. If you're not with us, you're against us.

Can you fuck off with the samefagging and false flagging? This thread is shit. Bring the old OP back. NOW!!

Literally check the unique IP.

>Shortened OP
Literally why is this allowed?

user I love you!

>bragging about defeating the French

Shaking mein head.

I like it. Do we really need a link to Unity's website in the OP? The only thing the OP is actually good for is the jam links and 'Previously On...', which nobody does anymore.

>No link to archve
>No link to previous jams and Demo Days
>Demo Day 9 is before Demo Day X
>aggydaggy is at the bottom of everything.

No, it sucks. I agree with getting rid of the engines and resources on the OP because that what the website is folr

Real new thread

>Source in the op image
I wonder who's behind this...

archive.4plebs.org/_/search/tripcode/!n/ZnkB9jUw/

Literally why do we need a link to the archive?
Everyone knows it.
BLD is ded/ MIA at his new job.
We can move DD10 up and nine down.

Just don't bring back the old one.

>>No link to archve
What kind of autistic newfag needs that? It's not even a useful archvie link, it just goes to previous threads with no kind of cataloguing or anything. It's just a wall of the same OP over and over.

Besides, encouraging people to go to archives instead of participating in the thread brings us morons like who get fixated on it and start thinking there's big conspiracies against them and shit.

Reminder that games with waifus are the best games

>last comment is about being close-minded

lol

Cute girls*

Remember that THIS is who you defend when you defend steamchat. Fucking steamshitters. You have to LEAVE. You are NODEVS and have NO GAMES!

are you the real gogem even?

Fuck this autistic shit, there is nothing fucking wrong with this thread. Fuck off.

>Want to make a game
>Have been learning how to make a game
>No real motivation to make the game
Really, I'm just so bad at art. Does anyone want to team up or something? I've got some great ideas and I'm a programmer, but I just don't have a knack for art.

Of course I am, why do you ask?

of course i am why do you ask?

>What kind of autistic newfag needs that?
>It's just a wall of the same OP over and over.
Oh the irony.

imdarrl.tumblr.com/post/148029174425/i-finally-got-around-to-updating-idle-rpg-i-made

i updated my game that nobody cares about!

also the webm tool i used is so shitty.

Do you have autism?

>idle game that doesn't run the browser
>mouse cursor has parkinsons

Haven't you all noticed that the guy that keeps forcing the "shortened OP" shit is the literally insane flooder? I certainly wouldn't do what he wants. This thread has to end.

>idle rpg
>you can't idle to advance
I'd take a look at megumi quest, that's a good game

I downloaded this sound bank and every sound has a name with like "door open,slam,creak,handle,metal.wav" but whenever I open them only the first few seconds play. It's like they put a bunch of them on the same file and somehow vlc won't play the next ones.

Any idea how to play all of them? I tried windows media player, vlc, audacity and nothing works.

Guys, seriously. How does one make an advanced generic ability library and editor with Unity? What have you done?

Sourcefam/Reek/Blake/Rotate/Pepsifam is a steamchatter though.

>my post became a resident shitposter copypasta
Lovely

Meme cemetery:

One Punch Man
Jojo's Bizarre adventure
Undertale
Salty
Lenny face
Shrek
Weed
Kys
MLP
Desu
I hope senpai notices me
The pizza is aggressive
Frogposting
Dat boi
Toxic
Doge
Ironic IGN reviews
Spongegar
Illuminati
9/11
Make America Great Again
John Cena
Allahu Akbar
Kek
Instructions unclear, got my X stuck in Y
Random crits are fair and balanced
Gaben is God
Volvo
My sides are in orbit
Rekt
Tbh
Filthy Frank
*Tips fedora*
Kappa
Sanic
Half life 3 confirmed
Darude Sandstorm
Spooderman
Dolan
Hitler

Just look for something for it on the asset store. It's the only way to make a game.

>resident
I don't think that word means what you think it means, Reek.

my spells are just a table (mana cost, level, type, etc) and an array of function pointers

>the guy that keeps forcing the "shortened OP" shit is the literally insane flooder?
Someone once tried making a new OP and it triggered him so badly that he is now trying to false flag. Everything he does is so drowned in forced irony that eventually (now) he has people actually using a new short OP. It's perfect.

There's really no such thing as doing what he wants. His mind is a complete clusterfuck. He doesn't know what he wants.

I'm sure this will have to change eventually, but it's good enough for now. Added some price algorithms for all my item types. The store only sells tier 0/1 items so the buy prices are pretty low. Sell prices are 1/3 of buy price, and identify price is 1/10 of buy price. The merchant skill can modify these by up to 50%, which means the minimum buy price and maximum sell price are both 50% if you increase your Merchant skill to level 17 and become a Master.

do idle games have to be run in a browser tho?
The mouse doesn't shake that much it's just the camcorder. outside of it everything is smooth i have to fidget with the settings

DELET THIS

programming is the easiest part nowadays

twingo is best
when can we have a twingo jam

>sourcefam trying to crash his own thread now
I love it.

That is shitty, but it's good for a starting point! protip: breathing doesn't make breasts expand and arms twist, and it should involve the abdomen a bit more

>used to be annoyed by the state of the threads
>now have a far better gamedev heaven so just laugh and close it when i see how shit it is

>Those kids that made Kimulator sold a ton of copies thanks to meme emoticons and steam backgrounds

If you want them to be played, yes.

Stop fucking posting twingos you fucking autist

Fuck off steamchat leave us alone

I'm just an Veeky Forums guy, I love twingos. I apologize if I am in some way supporting the terror of shitposters.

Anyone here from the bay area? I need game dev buddies

I am, but I'm also a nodev.

>implying I hang out with those faggots

it's a small board, and far superior to both.

>sourcefam is flailing in shit in his short thread trying to kill it but it's too late
>steamchat is pathetically bumping the thread that is stillborn and going to be deleted
God this is great.

Doesn't matter to me. What part?

Oh, did you find out that /3/ is great?

>Steamchat STILL won't just leave us alone

How can I just like make game if I'm too busy protecting myself from steamchat

For over 6.5 years now, steamchat has been ruining my life

Why do you support steamchat, /agdg/

>tfw too shy to use steamchat

He just shitposts where there are more posters, note how he started shitposting in the longer thread (which I made) with his trip but then moved on to the shortened thread.
His goal is just flinging shit where it's most noticeable.

Thanks for copypasting my post here, saves me the trouble.

Any reason to use UE4 over Unity?

Why won't steamchat just leave me and my game alone

Eromattifarg and PepsiFag, please stop this

Unity's terms of service and privacy policy are abusive as fuck.

I don't know why you would want your account or online persona permanently tied to a bunch of shitposters, trolls, and assholes. They'll probably troll your game's page if you ever get accepted to Steam, save all your conversations, and mail them to Polygon or something when you're marketing your game. I'm sure there's a better game dev chat out there for you to find, user. But if you do find one, don't share it here. It's as good as dead if you do that.

>can finally do real cross platform C# dev without relying on garbage mono thanks to .NET Core
>there's no C# OpenGL frameworks that aren't abandoned

How so?

Steamchat why can't you just fuck off with your enginedev full sail faggot memes

For over 6 years you have been ruining /agdg/ and my life

you wouldn't play a downloadable Idle game? would anybody else?

I only play them at work, so unless it's in a browser, no.

Most people "playing" it would be at work and not even have the option of downloading and running it even if they were willing to.

See this? It's not a joke, this is really how fucked in the head steamchat is. They really think we're the same person. Let's both point and laugh.

There's a reason they've all been Flash or JS based unless you go way back to like Progress Quest days.

>sourcefam is false flagging by shitposting about steamchat which only highlights the fact that he is a steamchat faggot afraid of steamchat losing popularity
>steamchat is having it's reputation destroyed by their own member
GOD I LOVE IT

GOD

I

LOVE

IT

Who?
What?
Where?

Seriously I can't wait to come back tomorrow and see how much damage you did to steamchat and how many times you were denied (You)s.

Bahahahahaha

>I know how to troll everyone
>I'll just be literally insane
Genius! Take that danny!

Why didn't you copy my echo post? It would be funny.

you seriously trolled them hard HAHA!

bravo

Triggering sourcefam into mimicking you is an art. But it can be done on accident sometimes.

>steamchat is having it's reputation destroyed by their own member
that is the standard protocol

>mimicking
Sorry I forgot that's different from just copy pasting posts like a literally insane person.

It was very disheartening to find that the literally insane shitposter is a steamchatter but then I found myself wondering why I never realized it from the start. It's so obvious.

If posting your posts is shitposting, then doesn't that make the original posts also shitposting?

Sourcefam really is the worst person I've ever seen on the internet. He's not a bad person in the same way people on other boards are, like posting mutilated animals or anything. He's just rotten to the core, negative, and a bad person. He's a failure and he can't stop telling us about it all the time, and if it's wrong for us to point this out, then just ban us I guess?

Fuck you, reek. You're shit and you know it. I hope something comes to you that removes you from the internet for good. I really do. You're so overdue for it.

Lately I've been thinking that my games aren't as good as people say.

I feel like a hack

progress

Nah

Oh and to be clear, what makes him definitively the worse person I've ever seen on the internet is how he has dedicated months and months (from what I've seen) to being a horrible person in one particular board.

I know he's been caught shitposting in other boards when he started wearing the birdmath trip but it goes beyond that. He has decided that AGDG is his victim and that he'll never let it go.

Someone like this can only be "helped" by having something tragic happen to them in real life, and I don't wish bad things on other people usually but Sourcefam, honestly dude. Your time is coming and you're going to regret how many hours and nights, months and years you've spent torturing this community.

I wish you nothing but the worst in life, because it's truly all you deserve. Good riddance to you and your entire genetic lineage. You are scum that when removed from the human race, will leave a vaccuum for far more worthy people to fill. Goodbye.

Devs. Disregard this until it's deleted or we're banned, do whatever. Best of luck to you.

>Triggering sourcefam into mimicking you is an art.
Are you serious? Mimicking absolutely everything is WHAT HE DOES. What the fuck? It takes absolutely zero effort to "inspire" him.

>sourcefam gets caught tripfagging as pepsifam in both agdg and Veeky Forums
>is now spamming /pol/ shit
man
just
LEAVE
fuck
you might be the worst presence on any Veeky Forums board and that's not an exaggeration

He needs to be specifically obsessed with you though, which I achieved almost a full year ago.

If you think it's so easy to become his reason for living, I challenge you.

That's what makes it so great tbqh, he's just so easily malleable.
Most of his copypasta is just me posting ironically.

Sourceposter is a phone poster though, it's how he's been dodging bans for so long. The only time he's ever posted from his laptop is when he used to make honest attempts at making garry's mod maps. That was a very long time ago.

>log into router
>change mac address
>reboot router
>clear cookies
>no more ban

Takes less than 30 seconds, senpai. No phones needed.

What the fuck is this thread