BMW S1000RR - The GT-R of bikes

There is nothing this bike cannot do.

It outperforms bikes that cost twice as much
It is a perfect sport tourer
It is a perfect commuter
It is a perfect track bike
Its the most comfortable bike on the non-toll portions of the Autobahn
Its a turn key drag bike
The only reason anyone would buy a Panigale or R1M is because they don't know any better.

youtube.com/watch?v=ZdUxKdwAQ4w

Other urls found in this thread:

consumerreports.org/cro/news/2015/04/who-makes-the-most-reliable-motorcycle/index.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Can it hectic skids?

H2R>S1000RR
BMW never has, and never will make a bike better than kawasaki. Kawasaki is the king of bikes.

Except reliability

Just because it requires maintenance doesnt make it unreliable. If you just want to be a squid buy a bike from a lawnmower engine company like hondurr

The Hayabusa is a better sport tourer, commuter, Autobahn-burner and drag bike than the S1000RR.
I really only loses on the track and in the twisties.

>transmissions grenading at 10k miles
>not unreliable

hurr

BMWs have a 40% failure rate after 3 years. The average Jap bike is around 8%.

Most people who own a nice bike track them and ride them hard. I'm sorry your japcycle gets stuck in traffic on the way to high school

>less reliable than a harley

consumerreports.org/cro/news/2015/04/who-makes-the-most-reliable-motorcycle/index.htm

I didnt realize Harley was a jap bike retard.

I was ready to spend $16,000 on a new BMW R instead of $5000 on my new Honda on the "buy once, buy for life" principle until I saw that chart. I guess those old BMW Rs and Ks from the 1970s and 1980s with 100,000+ on the odo are a thing of the past.

Are you implying the transmissions failed only because the bikes were tracked?
That is untrue and even if it was, how would that change the fact it is an unreliable bike?

So it's overweight, ugly, to expensive, numb, and can't outrun a viper?

there was one for sale on my local craigslist with a dyno print of 212 mph asking $12,000 usd

>The GT-R of bikes
No.

>it's not pigfat
>it has all the right muh feels
>it isn't fugly
>it isn't huge
>when the transmission breaks they actually honor the warranty

What sports bikes cost twice as much ?

Maybe some special edition ducati

Why do you faggots do this instead of posting in /dbt/?

Anyway: The S1000RR is known to have its share of problems. The engine and gear box aren't perfect to say the least. That being said I'd never expect a 200bhp(199bhp technically)bike to be a reliable daily driver. Its basically a track toy that you can ride on the street, and good on BMW for doing it. They know their target audience, its the new big boy GSXR for squids and boyracers everywhere. Its the bike thats cool to own right now. Its the bike thats more fashionable than a Honda, even if the Honda is faster. The BMW brand still has a slight appeal of being exotic, being high performance, being exclusive. No Jap brand could ever capture that. If you have a CBR1100RRRRRRRR with all the high tech dildonics no one cares, you're just another faggot on a crotch rocket, but if you have a BMW you're something different.

It can't into symmetry.

hektik body skids boi

Whixh Honda is faster than an an S1000RR fella ? Fireblade ? Lolnope. RCV ? Nope; not in road legal form.

Maybe you meant the new R1 ? Not sure that's faster, maybe the hot one is.

Speak for yourself, I guarantee among motorcyclists a Honda RC51 would get much more attention than the S1000rr

Sorry, the only sort of bike to own is 2 Stroke

Or a Busa, With a turbo.

last years r1 already dethroned the s1000rr.

>bikes that cost twice as much
but the BMW is the one that costs twice as much as other bikes

kek BMWcucks BTFO

it can outsold it, hence its not getting cancelled

-that ugly as fuck unsymmetrical headlight design

I... I don't know about BMW motorcycles, truthfully. All I know is that the only woman who ever turned me on and who ever will is Harle from Chrono Cross. God, I can just picture her curling her pinky to the corner of her mouth--then letting out a little fart--and saying, "looks like it iz time for a farti parti"; after "farti parti" she would somehow manage to put the (TM) logo on it even though she was talking in real life. She's the only one who could be able to do that... I know it in my heart.

I'm just gonna go ahead and quote you in my post... You too, buddy, if you'll join me in my life journey. No: OUR life journey. Me and Harle.

I want to find some food that's more gassy than beans, and wear sploof underwear so as not to offend her clown nose when I toot toot during our "farti parti" (again, she would put the trademark symbol there even though she would be speaking to me in real life with no text, I swear, only Harle could...). A sploof is a device that you blow through when smoking marijuana in your house. It dissipates the smell. I would like to fit one in my underwear so as not to offend her little clowny nostrils... oh fuck Harle, I'm cumming for you. And not only am I cumming for you, but I am waiting for your farties. You don't have to sploof nothing up for me, ma peche. Your toots to me are like froot loops.

I hope she's listening. I hope they make a sequel to Chrono Cross, and that it stars Harle. Oh fuck, I want to rub her mole. I want to rub my secret mole onto her facial mole.

It can't not much its gear box.

Or go off-road, either.

>inb4 S1000XR, it's an overglorified S1000R on stilts.

That being said, I would probably own one if I had the money.

RCV is WAY faster. Sorry it's neutered in your country. That's a really dumb comparison though.

S1000RR is a great bike but the R1 is better overall and the suspension on the R1M is a LOT better.

Realistically though you could buy a late 2000s supersport that is marginally slower for a third of the price.

>It outperforms bikes that cost twice as much
All those bikes are still hilariously cheap and good value conpared to supercars.
>It is a perfect sport tourer
It is not. Seating position is too aggressive to compete.
>It is a perfect commuter
It is not. Zero carry-on space, reasonably stiff suspension, and the aforementioned seating position.
>It is a perfect track bike
It's good, but not perfect. It certainly doesn't have a 600cc little brother for those who want a lighter track bike.
>Its the most comfortable bike on the non-toll portions of the Autobahn
Hayabusa and ZXR1400 would like to disagree here.
>Its a turn key drag bike
See above.

>The only reason anyone would buy a Panigale or R1M is because they don't know any better.
No, because they like Ducati or Yamaha better. Face it, 99% of the average motorcyclists will perform identically when you out them on a modern 1000cc supersport. They're all incredibly good, they all offer amazing performance per dollar, and yes, the S1000RR is currently king of the hill, but it doesn't matter because most people won't be able to ride on to it's full potential on the track, nevermind on the street. You might as well go with the one that looks best to you, and with the company you like most.
Buying a new 1000cc motorcycle can be done 100% subjectively, and there's nothing wrong with that, because the end performance will be identical.

Also, S1000 is NOT the GT-R of bikes.
>no boost
>no smaller displacement than competition
>no AWD
>not pigfat
>not Japanese
>doesn't have a lineage going back almost half a century
>smaller aftermarket

>not an R1

Hmmm, I wonder if specific model of bmw/honda/ducati are more unreliable etc. that be interesting to see if the S1000RR is bulletproof while the GS and other bikes are ass.

>consumerreports.org/cro/news/2015/04/who-makes-the-most-reliable-motorcycle/index.htm

Bigger more complex bikes, more to fail?

I've owned 2 S10000RR's (an '10 and '13) The bike is beyond sick and the most amazing thing is the power is controllable. It's controlled chaos.

>owned
What happened? What you ride now?

Sold the 2010 to buy the 2013 and some hit me last fall (protip, it was a woman) and totaled the 2013 :(

Thinking about getting other, but will probably go with something more hybrid since I do a lot of commuting and it's not a good commuter bike.

>all the haters in the thread
Jelly as fuck

>That guy that said the R1
lmao

Hbout the 15"+ they have cruise control and comfier seat?
What you thinking for more sport touring?

Nigger please. For the average rider with average riding skills, the difference between an S1000RR and the big four jap companies' liter supersports is minuscule and practically only comes down to which one you think looks the best. On top of that, the japs actually manage to make reliable bikes that don't shit themselves after two laps and a ride to the grocery store. Get an S1000RR if it excites you, but fuck off with that squidnigger bullshit.

Thinking about it, but the top of the line model is like 18k now. Might be a cuck and get an XSR900 for like 9k

>forgetting that the S10000RR changed the liter bike game. Japs have been playing catch up for years.

>uses the word hater un-ironically

just

[engine explodes]

mfw bakuon has inspired me to get my motorbike license again

why is commander shepard trying to kill tom cruise

>arguing over theoretical peak performance.

YOU will NEVER use everything the S1000RR is capable of delivering, its literally no difference if you buy this or a used 2005 GSXR.

>german_engineering.png