$1,599,990 for a Cuda

>$1,599,990 for a Cuda

Has the car market gone too far?

Other urls found in this thread:

rkmotorscharlotte.com/sales/inventory/active/1971-Plymouth-Cuda/133269
money.cnn.com/2016/05/02/autos/plymouth-hemi-cuda-stolen/
ebay.com/itm/ENGLISH-Pokemon-BASE-SET-1ST-EDITION-Booster-BOX-36ct-MEGA-RARE-SEALED-/231803066472?hash=item35f88a1868:g:4VoAAOSwcBhWaq4H&nma=true&si=Tz%2Falzp4nIOOUNSsh2cJpYEdO7w%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557
myclassicgarage.com/marketplace/cars/all/Mazda-Miata/186206?
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Fuckin', forgot link.

rkmotorscharlotte.com/sales/inventory/active/1971-Plymouth-Cuda/133269

> not a lot of them
> people want them
> people with money buy them

not really, but I do enjoy the people who blame it on boomers.

Exterior Color: Rallye Red
Engine: 426 HEMI V8
Miles: 2010

No, pretty reasonable senpai.

The only negative thing about it is the automatic trans.

>almost 50 year old muscle car
>2000 miles
>2000
>miles
>even has factory fluids
Yeah it's worth it

God damn! that looks beautiful.

Personally prefer mine in Plum-Crazy.

I remember an Episode special of Top Gear where Hammond proposed buying a Cuda and/or Challenger and was a bit blown away by the prices.

Imagine what the price of the current Boss 302s and Shelby GT350s and GT350Rs are going to cost in the distant future say: 2030

Boomers spend way too much on dadrods

supply/demand

Try to find a comparable one for less.

I only blame boomers when they wonder why no one under 40 cares about their land barges. You can just see them shitting bricks when they won't be able to sell the things when it's time to retire.

It's gonna be hilarious how much they sell for when their wives outlive them and go to sell.

Speaking of expensive Muscle Cars...

money.cnn.com/2016/05/02/autos/plymouth-hemi-cuda-stolen/

Yea id be scared to drive these around if i'm honest.

>factory fluids and rubber being a good thing

You have the intelligence of a boomer too

But no one else wants them that badly but boomers.

There are alot of 80's and 30's cars that are just are rare but don't command that level of price. Becuase the Greatest generation are dying off and the Gen Xer's don't have enough money yet.

So yeah its boomers......

>The car was stolen as it was being prepared to be shipped to another location, he said. It's not clear if the thief knew the value of this particular car or was simply very lucky.

>someone stealing a Cuda and not realizing it's worth a fuckton

Highlyunlikely,jpg

I hate boomers that have shit taste and expect their 1976 Eldorado to be worth as much as a late 50's one. But also the same thing will happen with japanese cars.
> (pro-tip: it's already happening).

Well, sure but the more and more I go to auctions the younger the people I see. There's a wave of new money and, though most are off buying modern day lambos and Ferraris, there are a lot going after older muscle cars. There has also been a surge in cars from the 80's, particularly Porsches. Though none are as much as that Cuda, which if your asking is stupid money to spend on one

Absurd, just like the fine art market. They're cool historical pieces for sure and I love em but they were ruined when "investors" started taking notice in them.

god '71 cudas are so fucking ugly, that's why there are "rare".

the muscle car market is off it's rocker, it's all bases on speculation. if you got a handful of people to bid up '77 Mustang II's at barret jackson, I guarantee their "value" across the board would go up as well.

>factory hidden bottle of wild turkey for the factory mystery noise
shit would probably raise the value

Used to work estate sales, there was once a base model cuda sitting under a bunch of pecan trees. It was kinda scummy, but before the sale we could go to the boss and ask to buy something. She'd literally take any price unless the owners specified that they wanted x amount for something. Got so much neat shit this way. Offered $300 for the cuda, but apparently the people who bought the house wanted the car to come with it.
I found and stole the title, still have it.

>I found and stole the title
haha awesome

>Imagine what the price of the current Boss 302s and Shelby GT350s and GT350Rs are going to cost in the distant future say: 2030

not as high as you'd expect
>cars are going to age better than they used to
>modern designs
>modern materials
>higher production numbers
also 2030 is only 14 years away, these cars won't be classics until like 2050+

An almost 50 year old car with that few of miles is a museum piece, not a driver.
Which means those factory original fluids and rubber actually is a good thing for what the car is used for now, and apparently the value.
I get that you don't like it, because I have no need for a car i cant drive as well, but it is the reality of the situation.

>Imagine what the price of the current Boss 302s and Shelby GT350s and GT350Rs are going to cost in the distant future say: 2030
not worth all that much. the shit that is worth money today is the shit that nobody thought would be worth money yesterday.

Wrong. The shit that is worth something today is what was worth sonething yesterday. You think old tuppaware from the 50s is going to be worth shit? No. Most old stuff doesnt appreciate in value unless it was hard to store or had some kind of manufacturing defect. Stamps with water soluble ink or stamps with one stencil inverted. Or a very expensive car that some rich idiot bought and never used. Either way it needs to have a pedigree to maintain value.

nigger, do you realize how worthless muscle cars were between 1973-1985?

Are we talking dealership or rust buckets? Or maybe daytona?
Muscle cars were never worthless. And the ones around now are artistic restoration pieces that took years for someone to restore or kept in hyperbarric chamber

nobody wanted muscle cars during that time. if they sold at all, it was at pennies on the dollar.

No. Sooner or later iconic cars will just increase in value. A 'Cuda was going to hit that mark eventually. For that car specifically, it's truly a time-capsule piece and only has 2000 miles.

Fuck off Rob Kauffman

>the shit that is worth money today is the shit that nobody thought would be worth money yesterday.

Time to restore my metro.

He'll never get it. He let his blood sugar get the best of him.

Who?

That's the price for the best, never driven car in existance. Still a crazy price for a Plymouth though.

Hemi Cudas usually sell between 60-100k fully restored. Not crazy considering new sports cars can easily cost that much and aren't all rebuild by hand and of limited supply.

How much would this go for at auction

$17,950.

has there been an update on that?
shit just screams "i'm bound to get bored one day and just stop" and i want to be laughing at that day

your a fucking retard, look at photos of drag strips from the 70's please, also cars from 1975 and up had emissions that raped then muscle cars from the late 60's were faster then anything from 75 up basically. please don't talk out of your ass. I have countless fucking family photos of my father and his uncle it was more of a hobby oriented then collector oriented 100% back then. I have so many photos of my father and his cars.

they were more expensive then cars from the 50's high end muscle was always more expensive then basically top of the line 50's with a couple exceptions. also look at the price of Porsche including Mercedes gullwings they probaly increased easily 500k more over a decade. things were cheaper back then, also watch barret-jackson so many people in their 40's buying stuff and they aren't boomers, hell a fucking pokemon first edition box sets goes EASILY and FREQUENTLY for over 1800+ dollars.
who is buying those? probably millennials like us cry harder please.

they'll be completely dead by 2030 because modern cars are literally throwaways that people only lease

ebay.com/itm/ENGLISH-Pokemon-BASE-SET-1ST-EDITION-Booster-BOX-36ct-MEGA-RARE-SEALED-/231803066472?hash=item35f88a1868:g:4VoAAOSwcBhWaq4H&nma=true&si=Tz%2Falzp4nIOOUNSsh2cJpYEdO7w%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

just fuck my shit up.jpeg
this pokemon box sold for 10 grand, look at ebay sold pokemon on ebay, your honestly mad people have money I guess look at retro vidya too the entirety of SNES / NES is available online for FREE who gives a fuck about TRUE quality when your playing literally like 10 grand worth of games for nothing. just go on ebay sold pokemon. shame collectors make the price basically. I honestly feel that way as well I've missed the boat on some things.

Damn boomers driving up the price of our pokemans

what are you implying? sounds tin foil has as fuck tho.

What even.

That's a lot of fucking paper.. for a box of paper...

I am just comparing the car market to 2 other collectors market's that basically would only have appeal to people of younger age. Because I literally hate the "damn boomers ruining the car market" shits dumb as fuck. people in their 40's aren't boomers. I mean real talk fuck the debt clock, but what are you going to do spit in an old man's face for voting for someone that fucked up his country.

japanese cars aren't as shit to drive though and are pretty cheap, unless youre one of those american retards shelling out big bucks on an import which is worth 1/4 the cost everywhere else in the world.

>Anyone paying that price for a 50 year old car when they can get a modern super car or luxury instead

Old retards would do this. Don't get me wrong, I love old muscle cars but there's a point where it really isn't worth it.

Yeah, retards who have several million to throw around and have most likely had several luxury and supercars in the past. People like collecting things and enjoy historical value. It's worth whatever they're willing to pay for that.

Look, I know it's hard for you to fathom a time when muscle cars were not worth hundreds of thousands, but it's true. Take a deep breath, call your dad, and ask him why he sold his cars. He will tell you the same thing my dad told me: he never thought they'd be worth anything.

You, my child, are an idiot.

>Classic muscle cars are getting to/are at the point where regular people can't own them and people who do own them are too scared of it getting stolen to actually drive it

At least most 80's cars are still available.

I actually didn't say that. AT ALL they were ALWAYS desirable look at photos from the 70's of English Town and Car Asile there were soooo many people going to swap meets back then. but naw you wouldn't know man I could have bought those 36 pokemon packs I listed for what? $4.50 in the 90's though now I gotta pay at least 5 grand up for 36 first edition? must be da boomers. Your a retard kid. also if your father never said they were desirable hes a retard whos probaly never been to a swap meet in his life.

Call you dad, ask him why he sold his cars, then get back to me.
I never said anything about boomers, all i said was that things that are valuable are the things that nobody thought would be valuable. why didn't you go out and buy a sealed pokemon thing in the 90s?

Just wanted to explain to you desirability ≠ value, since you clearly live in a shit shack.

if you took a '69 hemi cuda to a car corral at a swap meet in the 70's/80's it would sell 100%
at a fair price of the time.
but you said muscle cars are WORTHLESS in the '70s and 80's they've always been desirable just please look at the old big swap meets from the 70's and the 80's the amount of people that went through those in insane. I fucking hate retards.

and if you went to the same swap meet and tried to charge $100k for that barracuda, you would be laughed out of there.

I am sorry I guess you don't think I know that they sold for less then they do now? well I do actually do. also yeah man its an obvious as fuck answer if we could see the future invest in stocks retard. you must be an autistic savant.

please note I said "fair price of the time" also please not you said muscle cars are worthless in the 70's and 80's meaning you were better off scraping this car. please mr autism. leave.

>not worth all that much. the shit that is worth money today is the shit that nobody thought would be worth money yesterday.
so then it's safe to say that this statement is correct. the one that you have been arguing is incorrect, right?

>Muscle cars were never worthless.
old fag here

My first car, in the late 80s was a 71 chevelle 396. It was working, transmission was a little wonky, was primer grey.. but everything else was fine.
200 bucks.

Oh the few friends I had that were gear heads, we all had late 60s early 70s muscle cars we picked up pretty cheaply.

>buy dynacorn challenger replacement body
>drop a new modern hemi in it

why would you ever pay boomer tax?

Not the user you're arguing with, but I know a little about this. I was a teenager in the late eighties/early nineties, and I worked with my father who bought and sold musclecars and parts.
While you are correct that prices were lower, certain models still held value. An all original, low production car like a hemi Cuda convertible still commanded top dollar, and $100K would not be unreasonable back then for a documented example, in an auction setting.
The ultra high end collector muscle cars have always commanded top dollar. It really doesn't matter if it was 1989 or 2016, if a car was 1 of 9, or 1 of 602, the value has always reflected that.

it clearly had value to you at 200 dollars, if not it would have been worthless and you would have scraped it, worthless = scrap. it wasn't worthless it was cheap. I understand whole heartily just because somthing was cheap doesn't make it worthless I understand I have hemmings magazines from the late 70's and mid 80's its awesome to see the stuff and what it went for. I know personally so many good six cylinders that got scraped because you couldn't give them away.

>hemi cuda
Eh, they're always listed for that much. Rarely sell though.

I hope you realize that muscle cars are going to crash when boomers die off. The market is artificially high to begin with. Add in that it is primarily one group with a lot of money doing the bidding

Jesus, your grammar is fucking shit and your arguing skills are those of a 12 year old.

Get back when you're old enough to own cars.

>crash
I hope you realize they will never hit rock bottom, give away prices. The whole "I can't wait until the ebil boomerz die off" meme is just something you hear on Veeky Forums. They will drop to a reasonable price, but they will never be cheap enough that some kid working a mcjob will have two in the driveway.

ah sorry, read worthless to mean cheap, not actually of no value.

They were cheap, not worthless.

I also remember when 240z/260/280z were cheap.. and not to long ago 280zxs. 240sx were very cheap for a while.

Funny how in the 80s the only people you saw driving muscle cars were mcjobbers and white trash.

you read it right, when I originally made the post referring to "worthless" it was meant as being really really cheap. the other user is grasping at straws in order to feel like he is right.
Just like regular nintendos were worthless at one point

During the late sixties and early seventies restorations of early prewar cars became very popular. Cottage industries and restoration services sprang up to fill the need of an aging population who wanted to relive thier youth by buying and restoring cars they grew up with.
Now that generation is gone, and while the demand for stock model As has gone down, they still hold a decent value. The more collectable cars such as Auburn, Packard, Dusenburg has increased.
If history repeats you'll see the more common musclecars drop from the inflated prices they are now, but maintain yet maintain a reasonable value. The more collectable and rare musclecars will still fetch high prices.

Back in the mid 90s, neighbor had a sassy green winged car rotting in his drive.

You're on a board full of poorfags driving 10-15 year old shitboxes, why would you think this is unusual?

Oh, I'm serious all right, not that you have the slightest clue about it. You want to get pissy about it and come off like a self-important jackass, I guess that's fine. I have owned cars since before you were born, probably, and what I say is reflective of my experience and knowledge accumulated over many years. I can say for sure that you have not even an inkling of an idea about what you say. Do what you want, but telling other people that they aren't serious is the mark of a jerk-off. I've seen a few of them over the years.

wut

I found this on a forum recently and wanted to start a new copypasta.

I think the framework is there for sure.

A boomer wrote it of course and it was immediate gold.

The meme's flashed before my eyes....

You can even get aluminium 3rd gen 3?426 Hemis that outperform the old Elephants in every single way, for about the same money from Ma Mopar.

There is always an exception to the rule
>rotting63splitwindow.jpeg

No one thinks $1.6m is mild insanity for a vehicle?

Fuck
Yes

>Buck Strickland went from a generic 90's Caddy to a 1.6m car just to impress some ladies

>425hp
>0-60 in 6.3 seconds
lol

the animators put the license plate over the tail light

>plastic
>plastic
>fucking plastic
>more plastic
>plastic everywhere

pretty insane for an Auto

>aluminum ages better than steel
Nice fatigue resistance. Cars are built to be reliable electronic appliances now, designed to last until the warranty runs out unless properly taken care of, unfortunately.
>And we all know the average consumer doesn't take care of their shit

$17,000 for a Miata?

myclassicgarage.com/marketplace/cars/all/Mazda-Miata/186206?

>Here’s the ultimate new classic
>Survivor grade

Oh no, are the poorer boomers starting to latch onto Miatas? Are we gonna see 60k Miatas in 20 years?

Doubt it. Miatas were never a boomer car. And they sure as hell aren't going to be in the future.

Yes, comrade. Winter is coming.