Music List: pad.riseup.net/p/datmusic
Meets List: pad.riseup.net/p/datmeets
/dat/ Map: zeemaps.com/map?group=1829299

>Community Links
Cart/o/graphy Map: zeemaps.com/map?group=1049739
/dat/ Steam Group: steamcommunity.com/groups/DailyAusfagThread/

>Guides & Information
/dat/ External PDF List: pad.riseup.net/p/datpdfs
/dat/ Recommended Cars: my.mixtape.moe/akuicw.jpg (embed)
/dat/ Recommended Bikes: my.mixtape.moe/mpxqyl.jpg (embed)
RAA Used Car Checklist: raa.com.au/documents/motoring-buy-a-car-checklist

>Old Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

notorivinyl.jp/collections/meta/products/jimmy
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

australia sucks dick

First for seeing Chasers fucking everywhere now.

CUNT.

pulled the trigger on a 2001 Subaru Impreza hatchbac for $3000. Runs fine and it's a huge upgrade over my Feroza. Now it's completely stock so does anyone have an idea of what mods I should be looking at? nothing too huge yet I'm not making much money atm.

ran another gymkhana event. shame theres no local /dat/ fags to come along.
>1st: MX5
>2nd: AW11 MR2
>3rd: Imprezza
>4th MX5
>5th: Primera

3 runs a course, 3 courses a day. $60 entry. ezpz.

you'll want to mod the CV JOINTS

Tfw nearly got ran off the road last night

>red light about to turn green
>two lanes forms one after lights
>light turns green
>goes past the person that were stopped at the lights
>clearly further ahead of the person by half a car length
>start to merge, they speed up and beep at me
>their front is just barely at my rear quarter
>Was on the edge of the road before until there was more lanes again
>they drive next to me yelling shit

If they were next to me when the lanes merged I would have yielded and let them merge first

People are retarded man. Whenever there's a merge after lights, I always get up to speed as fast as possible so that I can merge first.

Depends on what you want out of the car.

If you want speed you probably should have bought a WRX, simply because you'd have to do brakes and suspension on top of an engine swap in a base model Pretzel to get it all up to the same level of performance.

Are indians guilty of having the worst and most predictable vanity plates of all time?

A house down the road from me has both SINGHZZ and PUNJABZ on two of their cars

no its bogans, women or even worse: bogan women.

I hate this. One of the roads near me
>left lane has to merge into center
>center is all clear
>right lane turns into tram track, which you can drive on but have to give way go trams
>I'm in center, one car to my right one to the left no one behind me
>I'm off the line first
>tram is on the track
>stupid bitch in right lane tried to merge into my lane without looking
>at the same time person in left lane tries to merge into me, despite me being ahead and no one else being behind me
>go fucking WOT
>car screams off, look behind and the two other cars have almost bumped each other.
Fuck I wish I had a dashcam for that one.

Inside, outside and engine bay detail. Will set you back a bit, but will be amazing when done. Especially if they do clear shell coatings. (Shell coatings also make the finish easier to upkeep.)

Other than that first major service?

After those go have fun with it. What do you want to do with it? Skids/drags/trackdays/gymkhanas. Tarmac/dirt/gravel?

If you just want to daily drive it you could look into fuel saving gear.

nope that would be the ones that say: HOTCHK but dey ugly bitches. usually on holden commodores

>bought a new socket, didn't pay attention to the adapter size
>got home
>found out 3/4 exists

they're always in the 30s, fat and have playboy seat covers. its disgusting.

yup come out in 1/4, 1/2, 3/4 drives

What should I do to my VY? It's completely stock.
Also, is there anyway to fix the accelerator? It feels like shit, as if it's rubbing again something. My brothers one is the same, so I'm assuming it's just how they are.

and the commodore is a red SS

You forgot 3/8

too poor for 20 so i only bought 15

no i didnt. 3/8 is mainly truck sockets.
a rag and a match.

My dream woman

Those trees are pretty fucking the expensive, mine only held its smell for a day or two

Fuck off Mikey.

more like ya mum brah. most of them are cougars

>throwing ball for dog at local park
>see bunch of cars at the end of the park
>think some dodgy shit is going on
>walk closer
>Miata and rice burner with "Night Kids" sticker on the side
>say hi
>they spaghetti everywhere
>Veeky Forums confirmed

so which one of you faggots was it?

yeah
that shit was like 35 dollars

Even better bruz, love me some cougs

Why do foreigners come to this country and drive worse than a bogan? I'm fucking sick of being cut off by punjabi's and towel heads

on the plus side they'll crash eventually or cause an accident, no doubt have no insurance and lose all their shit to pay off the damage.

My ute keeps going flat after 4 days of not driving.

Alternator is fine since it remains charged if I drive it everyday.

Could it be the fucking alarm?

>implying someone would want to steal my ute

how old is your battery

Turn off your car and put a voltmeter to your alarm and see if that has power with the car off, or you could be a bogan cunt and cut the wires and find out if that's it.

>doing a sitter
>rear slides to the side while sitting
does this mean that the car has a working lsd

Well, got it last November, but hell if i know how long it's been shelfwarming, so I can warranty it no problem. It literally went from green status indicator to empty in a week.

Just wondering now, is it even normal for a BA MkII to have the power windows operational after 5 minutes of turning the vehicle off? At least I know it's not the lights, the central thing or bluetooth. I'll try to find a voltmeter I can borrow

Dad's electrician reckons it's most likely the alarm, maybe I can just go and get him to check. Shouldn't take too long.

those green/white or whatever indicators never work on batteries t͏bh

sounds like you got some leaking of power from something, like tat other user said, use a voltmeter to find what is drawing the power

>is it even normal for a BA MkII to have the power windows operational after 5 minutes of turning the vehicle off?

Yeah it's normal for modern cars, It surprised me when I drove my mums 2012 Kia Carnival, took the keys out and pressed the button to go up and it went up. If it's an aftermarket alarm I wouldn't doubt it that they wired it to the battery directly instead of something thats triggered when something is opened.

>Falcon

The only Ford Falcon that matters is the American one.

Yeah nah

Nice, a car that couldn't win the touring car series in it's own country, meanwhile USA Falcons were the fastest cars in Monte Carlo going against the best Europe had to offer at half the size

Bathurst is the only race worth caring about in Aus fuckhead. If the XK-XP's were factory V8's like the American ones were then it'd be a different story.

Literally the only Aus cars worth owning.

>tfw poorfag

>implying the fast Toranas weren't worth owning

The only torana worth owning is the LJ imo, Holden's v8's were turds

We will get our dream boomer mobiles one day

has anyone actually put this on their car?

notorivinyl.jp/collections/meta/products/jimmy

Hmm let's take a look at these starting grids

Class A[edit]
Class A was for cars which cost less than $1,850. It was made up of Datsun 1000, Ford Cortina, Hillman GT, Morris Mini De Luxe and Toyota Corolla.

Class B[edit]
The $1,851 to $2,250 class was dominated by the Datsun 1600, but also contained Hillman Arrow, Hillman Gazelle and Morris 1100S.

Class C[edit]
The $2,251 to $3,000 class saw a mix of standard versions of the outright contenders, Ford Falcon and Holden Kingswood and Fiat 125 and Morris Cooper S.

Class D[edit]
The $3,001 to $4,500 class featured the outright contenders, Ford Falcon GT and Holden Monaro, but also contained a single Chrysler VE Valiant, Fiat 124 Sport and Studebaker Lark.

Class E[edit]
For cars over $4,500, contained Alfa Romeo 1750 GTV and a single Citroen DS21 Pallas.

Wow, Aussie muscle sure is good when it competes against the shittiest Euro and Jap econoboxes and a French luxury car. Every time they went up against American cars, even in their own racing series in their own country, they got demolished.

Are there any mods better than a Peter Brock Energy Polarizer to increase engine performance?

nope

>Being Australian and hating on Aussie muscle

How unaustralian do you wanna be? Someones butthurt or pajeet is on the internet again.

>Stopping the list at 1972 because lel murican smog muscle can't compete

Hahaha fuck off ya poofta and take your shitboxes with you. Don't forget to pack a few extra jerry cans

YABBEEEZZZZZZ

Delicious fuckers

I used to eat a whole bunch and then keep one as a pet for lolz

Try feeding them frozen peas, its funny watching them try to eat em

>can't compete
You mean weren't fielded at all? Your crowning accomplishment is beating a car that wasn't even in the race?

>W-we would've won w-we just d-didn't race!

>2 lanes merge into one
>everyone slamming brakes on and swerving into each other when they merge
>a bunch of cars continue driving on the far left/right of the lane, even though it's one lane
>let the person in front of you through, and the person behind floors it to try getting into the gap you left for one car

I know it's a meme to call everyone else terrible drivers, but come the fuck on, people

saw the price of black ice at my local supersheet today. $6.99 each. robbery i tells ya

Guys, you all realise the Camaro was racing until the 1980's right.....?
It won jack shit.

Afternoon gents

>Dog was booked in to be put down next week
>Found him dead is his bed today
I'm actual not sure how to feel right now.

I want my cat to do that so badly... i don't want to kill the poor old bastard, have had him since i was 4 years old.

RIP user Dog Bro :(

At least he went peacefully where he lived mate. Better than getting the needle.

Think of the awesome life he lived and be happy you were able to do that for your mate, dogs live such great lives.

>meanwhile USA Falcons were the fastest cars in Monte Carlo
>Fastest cars
>Classed second for 1 year
>beaten by a mini

Dont rag on minis cunt, driven correctly they are dangerous machines

r.i.p. doggo

better way to go imo

Maybe so but they still never beat a Torana in rally.

i thought most of those got lost in the mail and only maybe 2 people actually ended up with them?

Hey cunts, what should I check on a 2001 vx with 265k on the clock? Gonna go see 1 this evening...

I'm not ragging on them ya daft cunt. I fucken love a Mini
I'm ragging on the Seppo cunt who said the Falcon was the fastest cars in Monte Carlo.
Yeah regulations favored the smaller cars, but the Falcon never "Won" Monte Carlo

Check the springs arent cut, check the oil and see how clean it is, make sure there is coolant (not water) in the overflow, check the rear guards for melted rubber, make sure it wasnt someones skid rig.

Also check that the electronics in the dash actually work, only fuses you will have to replace but can probably get it a lot cheaper if there is a problem.

>Miata and rice burner with "Night Kids" sticker on the side
>they spaghetti everywhere
what did you expect?

>The only Ford Falcon that matters is the American one.
you spelt Australian wrong

never heard anything about them here after they were released, doubt any cunts from the rest of Veeky Forums would've bought any

ls1?
listen for piston slap and check for oil leaks if it is

... That's exactly a bogan woman

Fuck sake first post I see from you in ages and it's garbage like always

FUCK OFF

I saw that one guy bought one and the other guy that bought the others was Jimmy. He was going to give them out at the next /dat/ meet but then the Astra happened, the Subby etc.
No one outside of /dat/ knew/gave a fuck about Jim so that's also why.

>how does this make you feel?

i saw a post that jimmy bought them all for himself

excited
japs are based at small engines

Nothing at all. Context?

I can believe that.

New Nissan 1.5L 3 cyl engine that weighs 40kg and produces 400HP.

Muh babyblade is back, feels nice being able to idle again

Will it last longer than 80,000km?

What happened to the side fairings?

I had one off while working on it, went for a test ride forgetting I had only one on and the other got ripped off. It's lying in a ditch somewhere scratched to hell.

Now it's a naked bike

nice

i got the new sump back on the gpz today, runs pretty smooth with thicker oil too

It's Japanese so it will last until the next millennium.

looks hot

Toyota 86 engine is blown.

They are replacing it for free. $12,300 lmao

>new

wasn't that the IC engine that powered the gt-r lm?

>gt-r lm

I meant to say delta wing lel

is it too soon to say, "godmusheen"

Saw this there. Was from a 450, love 5v engines

at least he went peacefully, that's all I can wish for my dog.
only good memories now m8

Holy shit Hamish & Andy are auto noobs

>Some guy rings for true or false game
>I have Alan Moffats 1974 XC
>1974
>XC

>expecting the unfunniest faggots on TV to know anything about anything

It's the one in Nissan's electric delta wing shaped thing, I think.

I don't know what the Deltawing delta wing is running.

>In 1949 Cadillacs had power windows
>In 2001 a Holden Commodore Executive didn't have power windows

??