Just picked this up on Craigslist for 3800. Needs a tune and a little cosmetic work, but only has 135k on the clock...

Just picked this up on Craigslist for 3800. Needs a tune and a little cosmetic work, but only has 135k on the clock. Guy says it runs high 11's. Did I do good Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tKAJkH6Tggg
youtube.com/watch?v=9nAx2jtr3K8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

seems a good price if it's not stolen and is structurally solid

>buying someone else's '94 EG civic hatch with a few simple mods

>it runs 11's.jpg

>turbo
>simple
It's a miata slayer and I don't have the capabilities of putting on a turbo myself. The fact that it's already set up to be super fast was a huge plus for me.

Yes, if the engine swap and other modifications were done right, clean title, and no rust.

What's under the hood?

>it's a miata slayer
I can't tell if you're trolling or not.

>It's a miata slayer

so is nearly any Civic kek

wew lad

It has a b20
Those seem to be the quickest cars in my area, and I know you guys love them
Yeah but mines turbo ;)

>miata slayer

>GUARANTEED EBAY TURBO

Swap that turbo for a real one and buy a half decent intercooler.

What would you suggest? Thats not s bad idea considering it needs a tune anyway

most cars are miata slayers my dude

Ah, well this is only my second car, I'm kind of ignorant when it comes to vehicles. I thought they were the go-to for cheap speedy red light racers

We can tell you are kind of ignorant when it comes to cares, you bought a 94 civic for almost twice as much as I bought a 1979 Z28 3 years ago.

And yet mine is faster and more comfortable haha

his car is better than a 1979 Z28

even if it was bone stock it would be better

>Those seem to be the quickest cars in my area, and I know you guys love them
Miatas are slow as fuck, the reason people like them is that they're fun to drive without breaking traffic laws. Back when I had my C5 Z06, my options to having fun driving it was to go down to a track 40 minutes away or risk getting it impounded.

Are you ricers this ignorant?

You don't buy 2nd gen camaro's for the stock 350 that's sitting in them, you buy them so you can plug and play with strokers and big blocks.

Also have fun with a car that will never be worth more than 1k.

Godspeed is the absolute minimum tier turbo supplier you should use, they use their own housing but the journal bearing and propeller and everything else is turbonetics which is a reputable company. It's definitely a budget turbo so you're not going to see 20psi unless you wanna blow the seals out.

Ah , well I appreciate you being kind about it. I had no idea. I can't wait to track this and see what it can do

>It has a b20
does it have a VTEC head? did the guy have receipts to show work was done?

>Also have fun with a car that will never be worth more than 1k.

says the guy who got a piece of shit Camaro :^)

have fun trying to navigate a slight corner in your V8 shitbox

>my 40 year old car is better than a turbo b20
Kek

It sertanly has more heart and soul than some mid-90s nip econobox.

This is your second car, as in it's a project or weekend car or it's the second car you've ever owned?

Except it really doesn't

I don't know what that is. Not really, just a few receipts in the glove box for sparkplugs and brakes

No problem. Be sure to get the engine checked out by a shop that knows what they're doing before you drive it hard. If it's an eBay turbo that the dude installed poorly, you could end up in a bad place if you drive it hard.

Second car I've ever owned. First was a Ford ranger

I know they're pieces of shit, Anything that is post-72 tends to be, but a shitty little 2 door hatchback that's main draw comes from a turbo? Come on now, who in the fuck tries to street race any older muscle car?

This kid doesn't even know what the fuck he bought, he took the guys word for it after he and god knows how many people had their hands in that piece of shit.

No dude, I've noticed a growing trend of people who rice shit out, they're either 17-18, or 5'6 and can't reach the clutch pedal in a normal sized car.

Wow, what a piece of shit. Is that yours? Have fun in a straight line

not really

>who in the fuck tries to street race any older muscle car?

anyone who realizes that muscle cars are slow garbage?

goddamn I smoked a Chevelle in a Toyota Highlander

even without the turbo that Civic would be the better car

Too bad you can't put a turbo on your little 2 inch asian microdick :^)

Yes, I took that in 2002 and have waited till this day to make you this assblasted about japshit.

Keep pushing your shitty meme's onto other people while I build a 500 hp 383/388 for 3k, and that's straight motor, no turbos/superchargers needed :^)

>I'm only pretending to be not mad

your car is horrible why are you bragging

>regularly smokes car in a daewoo
All you need is a working engine. Most people wreck their cars. Even if the trim is pretty doesnt mean they havnt been just running it on straight water for coolant or e91 fuel or it has working ignition packs

You sound like a very tiny man

>B20B non-Vtec
>what appears to be t3/t4 turbo
>hella flush on skinny cheap tires
>OP is so new to cars he couldn't throw together an OBDI Honda himself and needed to by 2 grand worth of parts for $3800.
>"*should* run high 11's," not, "I have run 11's in this car."

Fuck outta here with your weak shit.

V8fag status=bumble rumbled

not impressive

my old Mazda made over 400whp with a junkyard turbo from a Cummins

it could also turn and not make me look like I fuck my sister

there I threw an actual meme in there for you

Why would he be mad, he's not even the guy in your make believe story or the guy you are replying to.

I sound like someone who's built a stroker or two and works on Semi's for a living. Also 195 cm if you were wondering :^).

Yeah, my old Miata made over 700whp with a N14's stock turbo that I found lying in the dumpster! That V8 fag is a flipping idiot. Am I right fellow rice-head?

> I was only pretending to be retarded

On which account? The one where you are wrong so you have nothing else to post :^))))???

>I sound like someone who's built a stroker or two and works on Semi's for a living. Also 195 cm if you were wondering :^).

you sound salty and like youre on full damage control after posting your piece of shit that no one likes

are you guys really having a muscle vs import flame war

That's not even mine you fucking retard, what else would I expect from someone so incompetent that has no idea what a stroker is, and why japshit is as the name would imply?

No, just why in the fuck would you pay 4k for a civic that's not even a v-tec.

I dont care if its yours you posted that you had one

>all that projection tho

kek

>after posting your piece of shit that no one likes
Wow, much projection.

>no u

come on

stop living up to the stereotype that musclefags are braindead

The stereotype where you get your words thrown in your face so you say,
>"You Dum-Dum."
Stop living up to the sterotype that you are 17 years old and think cars sounding like moped's is "Sick".

>literally still no u

kek

I hope you dont think your v8s that sound like fat men struggling to move sound good

youre probably a legit homo if you think so

lmao i haven't really seen a "Muh JayDEE-em" vs "muh muscle" this dumb in awhile.. especially not old Civic vs even older Camaro...

I'm imagining a Pizza Delivery kid vs someone from King of the Hill haha..

Your grammar and spelling tells me enough, thanks for the interesting argument of "You fag." included with such classics as, "You dingus.".

I'd go into why a 454/427/428/468 are better than any inline 4, but what's the point? You don't even know what any of those things are, I could also explain why the Original leather interior on my 75' is worth more than your civic, but come on now.

You're young, I'm sure you'll learn.

Yep, definitely right my fellow rice head.

>random ramblings that amount to nothing

kek

youre so deluded that the garbage V8s are good

Such a good point, here's a video to prove how great civics are.

youtube.com/watch?v=tKAJkH6Tggg

The fact that he doesn't need some rinky dinky tarbo to push more that 400hp proves otherwise, buddy. Enjoy your emm pee gees, I guess :^)

literally all these cars were stock runnig worse than stock numbers.
suck a dick dawg

>drag racing

lol

even more sad that mostly stock Hondas are giving some of them a good race

power is power

400hp isnt impressive in your pigfat barges

stay salty with your inferior garbage

So are they stock or not stock? I'm confused, most of those cars/trucks that raced them seemed stock to me :^).

two completely different cars, one modern and functional the other a cocaine infused rust bucket from the 80s

hardly any of the muscle shit in that video was stock

maybe the foxbody Raptor and Jeep

you didnt even watch the video did you

>2.0L economy sedans able to keep up with some 4.9+L V8s

kek

:^)))) Papa John would beg to differ.

lol that fucking pickup truck
>should I take the toolbox off?
>nah fuck it
>still beat the civic

the draw of 90s civic comes from its suspension and light weight if anything the turbo ruined it, adding reliability issues loosing AC and fucking torque steering to shit

I just don't get the appeal of Civics. Sure they can be made fast, but at the end of the day it's still an ugly shitbox.

>Shitty V8's
>So shit
>Well those were stock
So is it that Civic owners are in-competent mechanical wise, and have no idea what they are buying? Or just everyone that knows about cars will tell you that no 2.0L will ever be able to push out anywhere near the same power as a 5.7L and up?

Stock 350 master-race lel.

So you'd say that car is a shit and not worth 4k?

you dont get a Civic to drag race

just like you dont get some shitbox American car to take a corner at more than 15 mph

>modded V8s almost slower than stock 2.0 sedans

embarrasing

You don't get a Civic to race

You get a Civic to get from point A to B

You know why? Because they are soulless appliances and were designed as such.

were talking about a Civic

not some generic V8 shitbox

Civics actually have racing heritage

but you wouldnt know about that would you Cletus?

not all cars have to be fucking race cars, this is the point hardly anyone on Veeky Forums understands

You're right, you buy a civic so you can get pounded by your boyfriend in the back with the hatchup.

Racing heritage of escaping Nagasaki and Hiroshima before Fat Man and Little Boy rekt'd them?

Trying to out-accelerate a minivan from stoplight to stoplight does not give it racing heritage

Yoshi Cuckishima rushing to his wageslave job does not give it racing heritage

im sure more than 4k was put into it and if you want a car strictly to hoon around a track and do projects on than its fine. But I would never daily that thing, nor would I consider it a good set up, seems a much more form over function thing

>this V8 butthurt

salty af

>Trying to out-accelerate a minivan from stoplight to stoplight does not give it racing heritage

once again were talking about a Civic not a shitbox V8 car

defender of civics but
>Yoshi Cuckishima rushing to his wageslave job
kekd

too lazy to look up civic touring car racing? here's a hint, they did pretty well.

Too lazy to look up dumb shit that doesn't matter? Well here's a hint, I'm right and you are wrong. Honda being able to turn makes it the best racer on the market.

I bought a non-running bone stock '94 Civic 4dr LX with 260k on the clock for $200. I'd say I'm ahead of you in the game OP.

Ouch non vtec b20? With shit turbo, high 13 should be right I did a engine swap I'm a old 93 arcua for the fun of it that had a b20 in them total shit but the engine was runing great till over 300k

youtube.com/watch?v=9nAx2jtr3K8

So I goofed?
>non running
>ahead
Pick one

This is actually one of the nicest cars posted here

>So I goofed?
Buying a car you know nothing about? Yes.

And yeah, that car has never and will never run 11s. Better luck next time.

>red light racers
Miatas are literally the opposite of that m8
>it runs 11s
Loving Every Laugh

Have you driven it? Do you know the specs? Fuck off

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha I remember when I was a stupid kid, too.

I mean, never THIS stupid, but still.

Only chance it has at running 11s is on an 1/8 mile drag strip m8

Well, it is hard to forget the current state of things isn't it?

You know who else said the car ran '11s'? 5 tooth Larry who we bought nova off of in Kentucky. He's just feeding you a story to sell

I drove it to school this morning. It runs 0-60 in 4.5 seconds easily. I believe the high 11s

>0-60 in 4.5
>indicative of running 11s in the quarter

just stop

>It's a miata slayer

That's not saying much.

There's a lot of jealousy in this thread

>jealousy
You're just as bad as a stancefags calling people haters, seriously

Sorry you drive a slow shitbox. Too bad it can't keep up with mine haha

>Yoshi Cuckishima