Be an admitted Byzaboo

>be an admitted Byzaboo
>have to put up with cringey LARPers spouting drivel like: "Hopefully one day by the grace of God, the orthodox churches will reunite with Rome, the Muslims will be defeated, and the Santa Sophia and Blue Mosque will be turned into churches!"

I love the Byzantine Empire, but really, I'd argue embracing Christianity harmed it fatally in the long run.

ummm the Byzantine empire was never *not* Christian...

deus vult motherfucker

>"le deyus voolt xDDD"

Cringe

>Mom come look! I posted it again!!!

Says the LARPer.

Suck Muhammad's rancid flat dick.

Get raped by muhammad faggot

dude paint it le blurple xD

>Mom
>posted
>I

Says the shitposter.

Crusading posting is the most embarrassing thing about 4chink. As if you're going to do something in real life.

Pfffft we have drones for that.

It's less embarrassing because of that and more because one can imagine a crowd consisting of both fat out-of-shape users mixed with awkward-looking lanklets wearing badly-fitting military uniforms chanting "Deeyus vooolt!" before they hear gunfire and run like bitches, with the ones that get captured breaking into fits of hysterical crying and begging to be released.

christfag larpers are some of the most cringy shit i've seen on imageboard in years

If you're the typical internet atheist you only have yourselves to blame for this shit, christposting started out as a reaction to the obnoxious retardation of atheists for years.

>furryposter writing out his in depth fantasies on a Mongolian comic book blog

wew
e
w

>obnoxious retardation

Most "obnoxious" atheists are usually the ones that have most been negatively affected by Christianity. Perhaps being abused by a priest, or being kicked out of home by extremely devout parents, perhaps homeschooled and denied chances at socialization...

In any case, I've been here since 2006, and I can say with all confidence that the "obnoxious" atheism you speak of was never particularly prevalent here on Veeky Forums, with most users simply ignoring religion or making fun of the occasionally devout weirdo.

Then Tumblr came along starting in 2013, and all the idiot users started becoming ""religious"" as a response to the supposed secularism of the mainstream. It's nothing more than that. There's no real devotion or observance behind it: the same fag who posts "deus vult!" and claims to go to mass is the same degenerate who faps to guro and furry shit, since his religious identity is one he forged for himself in order to differentiate his identity from others.

>furryposter

no?

>implying they're fantasies

Look up /r9k/ and /pol/ meet-ups: if you think those socially inept autists would ever have a chance in Hell to organize a "Crusade", then you've got something coming.

Honestly, the """"""""""""'theology"""""""""" the spout is the worst.

I actually miss Christian Identards. They're leagues better than the human sewage who eat up that deranged tranny's "Yahweh buttfucked Mary and she gave birth to Yeshua as an ass baby hence Mary was a virgin" tripe.

>neo4chan posting

>1000 years
>not the long-run

You are an idiot and probably an anglo too. Every one of you fuckers who are not from a country that has fought the Byzantine, literally are sprouting memes when they post.

>santa sophia
2/10 apply yourself

Yes. Fedoraposting and Christian LARPing was a DIRECT result of atheists posting the "muh skydaddy" and "muh enlightened intelligence" for years. You probably haven't been around in 2008 through 2010 when it was truly unbearable.

Source: your anus

Confirmed for being a newfag.

>actually going to a chan meet up

lol

kek please tell us more about the psychological motivations of shitposters user

um, no

uhhh yes

not an argument retard

>being this retarded

checkmate, atheist

>not supporting post-Vatican II Catholicism and its slow but steady movement towards liberalism, instead of being an annoying overplayed atheist

We'll get to have both the cultural-historical benefits of Western Christianity, and a intellectual religion that supports liberal ideas. Catholic philosophers have been working on this for a long time, join the program. What better way to influence a society?

the cultural-historical benefits of being European are enough

fuck the church

What exactly does it mean being a European without the Church, when Christianity was such a foundational identity for everyone ever? Just look at the Reformation, you have one of the most pervasive movements in western history that centers on Christian theology. This is not easily ignored or sidestepped if you know anything about the West.

still have the Roman empire and greek philosophy m8

Just because the Church played a huge role in Euro history doesn't mean I don't want it to die already. Religion hasn't been as important for the past 200-300 years. There is plenty to identify with.

Then I would be interested in hearing your arguments about how Christianity ruined the Byzantine empire OP.

>There is plenty to identify with.
Like what? The loss of religion in Europe has coincided with a loss in traditional values contributing to a loss of identity in favour for a more globalist culture.

hey pol

>anyone i dont like is /pol/
sup leftypol

I never go on /pol/ I just happen to live in Europe and not be a complete tool.

yeah same dude

not OP and I'm not sure how you could make a case for specifically the Byzantine empire but christianity becoming the state religion of the Roman empire definitely weakened it. the persecution of pagans caused all sorts of civil strife, not to mention the infighting between various christian groups. I don't think this alone caused the fall of the West but it definitely made it easier for the Germanic tribes be as successful as they were

>but christianity becoming the state religion of the Roman empire definitely weakened it. the persecution of pagans caused all sorts of civil strife
But since the Pagan persecution occurred after a long period of persecution against Christians can we really say that it was Christianity becoming the state religion that caused civil strife and not Christianity simply existing since pagan prosecution towards Christians can be categorised as such too?
>not to mention the infighting between various christian groups.
Was this still a thing during the late roman empire? I know it was a thing when Christianity started to spread which caused a lot of infighting between groups but I though that had mostly stopped when what is now the catholic church became relevant.

And this is?

the christian persecution was very minor until Diocletian, and even then it was minimal in the West (thanks in part to Constantine's father). I agree that persecuting either group was bad, but the christian persecution of pagans was much larger since it involved a larger percentage of the population, including nearly all the rural peasantry who had largely stayed unconverted until their masters began destroying their shrines and refusing to allow them to sacrifice.

>Was this still a thing during the late roman empire?

Yes. Many Christians in the Levant and Egypt joined forces with the Muslims against the Byzantines because of the oppressive nature of the Orthodox establishment. For example, the Pauliians: a "heretic" sect that joined the Muslims after being fed up with persecution from the Byzantine authorities.

More tax wise than religion... and then of course the Jews sided with the invaders.

>More tax wise than religion

No, the Orthodox establishment was very oppressive in its ideology. It did not tolerate those it considered heretics, and the pre-existent bureaucracy allowed for a more efficient and formalized style of persecution, along the likes that would not be seen until the establishment of the Roman Inquisition in the 13th century.

>and then of course the Jews sided with the invaders.

So did many Christians. You say "the Jews" as though there is something insightful or meaningful in it, but only an idiot would find it so, considering how oppressed the Kikes were due to early manifestations of the blood libel, itself based on a shitty interpolation and mistranslation by incompetent Greek scribes.

Its because of Deus Vulters that the Byzantines fell in the first place.

the Orthodox establishment was very oppressive in its ideology. It did not tolerate those it considered heretics.

Of course, why when the heretics blaspheme against Christ by denying His nature, the Trinity, and the like?

>Deus Vult
>Orthodox Church
fucking inbred catholics.

>Of course, why when the heretics blaspheme against Christ by denying His nature, the Trinity, and the like?

For one, none of the claims that your religion makes are 'real'. As such, it is completely inhumane and barbarous to put people to death and to destroy their livelihoods over some pieces of fiction. Second, by acting in such a manner, the Byzantines effectively lost the support of local populations in times when it most needed them.

This t bh. Almost as cringey as putinboos claiming their manlet hero will retake Constantinople

Its mostly Greek nationalists actually btw.
The fantasy ended in 1920...

I have never seen a /pol/ or /r9k/ meet up. Generally boards that are more do then talk like /k/ have meet ups.

Ouch that is a very funny and clever retort, and I'm a byzaboo (unlike OP)!

I'm amazed that there are people who actually take the time to draw something like this. Absolutely pathetic.

>claims to love the byzantine empire
>doesn't love the religion that was deeply intertwined with the byzantines' culture and lifestyle
Logically nonsense
Also it's the HAGIA Sophia

actually tho. It's one thing when it's Romeaboos claiming it. Byzantium as an entity, culture, and power, however, is inseparable from a uniquely Christian identity.

>I love the most pathetic empire in history but I hate the only good thing about it

Yeah this pretty much. Not even other Christian kingdoms liked Byzantium. Their biggest accomplishment is getting cucked by the Ottomans.

The good thing about the Byzantine Empire wasn't Christianity: the good thing that makes the Byznatine Empire shine was the fact that it maintained its complex administrative framework and its urban polities in an era when Europe sank back into feudalism and infrastructure decayed and the cities were reclaimed by wilderness. Who gives a fuck about the Orthodox Patriarchate?

What's more interesting than reading about how Byzantium was the only state in Europe and the entire Levant that benefited from a complex bureaucracy inherited from the Romans; that it was an odd man out in feudal Europe and in the Middle-East, with its mainly urban population and its working infrastructure and its unrivalled complexity. THAT is much more interesting and admirable in them: that they functioned like the Roman Empire in an age when even the basics of statemanship had been lost and governance in all other places relied on personality rather than a rule of law.

I agree that those people are cringe, but Christianity is the only reason Byzantium existed as long as it did. It was central to its identity and power.
All of that is extremely interesting and is the reason why I find them so interesting. But I do love how Byzantium almost became a mix of a Roman and Fuedal state

that's a really interesting way of putting it. It's not wrong though, there's a reason the rest of Dark Ages Europe looked at Constantinople in awe, as Miklagard, Tsargrad, etc. It was a complex city in a world of petty kings, and was a direct continuation of the Romans, who had become naught but historical trivia in the West. I still say, tho, that it can't be properly understood without Christianity. Yes, many of its interesting features weren't religion-dependent, but the Byzantines' internal indentity and that complex urban politics involved religion to a huge degree.

It was never not Christian and how the fuck would that have harmed it?

DEUS FUCKING VULT

yeah it has gotten pretty lame, it needs to be done with moderation. It would still be pretty cool if a crusade happened though.

>ITT catholics ignorant about 4th Crusade, East-West tension and general view of the Romans towards the westerners

"""Byzantines""" (Romaioi for you hoi Barbaroi) would lynch your fat asses if they heard you uttering Deus Vult. They considered latins-western europeans subhuman savages at best or openly despised them at worst.

This, actually.

Byzantines felt nothing but disgust when a bunch of ignorant, filthy, and disorganized peasants and their "nobility" showed up at Constantinople in the First Crusade, and instantly regretted asking for help.