I've been looking around for a SAAB 9-2x Aero to be the follow up car to my first car...

I've been looking around for a SAAB 9-2x Aero to be the follow up car to my first car. I know they're badge engineered WRX wagons, with some added refinement, but do they still have the practicality and enjoyability or their Subaru brethren, while not being as expensive to insure?

>do they still have the practicality and enjoyability or their Subaru brethren
yes
>while not being as expensive to insure
fuck if i know

The front fascia and lights are harder to find, so you might see a higher premium with insurance. Otherwise they're not bad, their suspension is softer than WRX but they have an STi steering rack stock, otherwise the car is identical mechanically.

Never got a quote on one, but I do know that they like the fact that it's a 5-door and the fact that it's a Saab, even though the only thing Saab about the whole thing is its badges. I mean honestly, why would you ever want a Saab that doesn't have an awesome cup holder?

I ask because I'm not yet 25 so I'm still getting bent over by insurance, and thought I could fly under their boiracer radar with a SAAB wagon since it's not a Honda or Subaru or any other of the cars kids like to rice and crash street racing.

Not only that, but you'd probably more likely to find a decent SAAB 9-2x as opposed to a WRX that wasn't thrashed around and sold at a ridiculous price.

Despite what I said, this is quite true. The Saabaru is also the closest thing we're ever going to get to an easily obtainable NG 9-5 SportCombi.

I thought that too but I'm struggling to find a clean manual example with low miles for less than 9-10k. I guess they're kinda rare.

YOU WILL NEVER OWN ONE

Yes, it is just a fun and practical as a WRX.

Yes, it is cheaper to insure.

But, finding one is much harder, there are very few manual Aero's available.

Were those sold in the US? I don't think I've ever seen one.

Not really. Anyone with a WRX knows what these are. Any CL/paper postings of them around here usually have "saabaru" somewhere in the posting which is already indicative.

DON'T REMIND ME

"although a number of prototype and production pilot SportCombis were produced, the variant did not enter serial production prior to Saab's bankruptcy in December 2011. There are 27 known surviving production SportCombi vehicles, 22 of which were sold at auction between December 2012 and June 2013."

they are not technically road legal either although some owners have gone through the rough process of doing so

Surprisingly the few I've found that are Areo/manual are decently clean and stock looking. Then again, I think I've found like 7 across the whole country.

Found a manual one for sale around me for 10g, 85k miles on the odo. Pretty much stock, good condition, dark blue

Good deal?

Would the N/a 5 speed be okay? There's one nearby and it seems like a nice car for its price

Sounds pretty normal.

so you consider the 9-2x to be closer to the ng9-5 sportcombi than the 9-3 sportcombi ????

>subaru wrx wagons are expensive to insure

It's basically a normal Impreza, so if you like those , then yes it's fine.