JUST 2 MORE YEARS UNTIL I CAN IMPORT AND REGISTER A TWINGO

JUST 2 MORE YEARS UNTIL I CAN IMPORT AND REGISTER A TWINGO

WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE

Other urls found in this thread:

suchen.mobile.de/fahrzeuge/search.html?isSearchRequest=true&sortOption.sortOrder=DESCENDING&scopeId=C&sortOption.sortBy=specifics.mileage&damageUnrepaired=NO_DAMAGE_UNREPAIRED&maxFirstRegistrationDate=2007-12-31&minMileage=150000&maxMileage=900000&makeModelVariant1.makeId=20700&makeModelVariant1.modelId=38&maxPowerAsArray=KW&minPowerAsArray=KW
youtube.com/watch?v=Lj1W4_tYMM4
youtubedoubler.com/ihDb
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

USA?

You're a big hug OP

Do it now express you "absolute FREEDOM" that septics like to boast about.

they will be gone by then

Good luck finding one of legal age at that point.

how hard would it be getting work done to it in states or acquiring parts?

Parts are dirt cheap in Europe, importing would add some extra cost though.

As long as you've got a metric socket set they're piss easy to work on.

You'd be tripling the cost at the least to import just in logistics. Especially if you live in the West Coast.

i will import one for my bf to use as a daily its in my dream garage

How hard would it be to get that retarded law repealed? Or at least weakened to something like 15 years instead of 25?

>US Federal government
>repealing, weakening, or backing off a law or regulation
that'll be the day

It covers more than imports in most states. Any car over the age of 25 yrs here doesnt even need emissions shit or tests. IF the car didnt have them from factory.
And most states dont even test cars that are OBD 1 and older. Some retarded states like california still do for some stupid reason.

shut up satan nobody asked you

and we're legalizing the fuck out of weed

Not really, some states are regressing.

Despite huge push from millions of citizens over the past 80 years, the NFA of 1934 is still around. Our voting methods date back to the 1700's, and we're still running literally ancient infrastructure.

FINALLY I CAN BUY THE CAR MY WIFE'S SON HAS BEEN HARASSING ME ABOUT

dude weed lmao xDD

I don't understand what's Veeky Forums's obsession with the twongi.
It's literally just a front engine fwd shitbox.

you just answered your own question.

its a shitbox.

That's still cheap, though. Not eurocheap, but cheap.

It's probably the ultimately cheapest way to travel a million miles with the same car. They last forever for very little money. And that smug smile will make you smile when you see it.

people are getting sick of the same angry front ends on every fucking car, especially on cars that have a totally unwarranted aggressive exterior (60hp grocery getters).

also, it is as mechanically simple as cars can get, easy to work on, fuckcheap parts, clever interior space design (tons of room for such a tiny car).

it's a 790kg light box, with a great chassis and suspensions. The 16v D4* engines, especially the D4F 75hp, coupled with the short ratio JB1 gearbox can put cars two-three times more powerful to shame.

The interior is really modular so if you wanna shave more weight, it's easy, and you have a real spare tire.

It's piss easy to maintain, the twingo is probably the best DIY mechanic training wheels.

For cost, I can only speak for France, where the offer for aftermarket parts is huge and really competitive thanks to big website like Oscaro and others, but it's dirt cheap, and if you salvage junkyards, it gets ridiculous. Blown engine or gearbox, oh well, get a new one for 100€.

I hope that dude with his selfmade Twongo pickup shows up here again. He seemed like a cool dude

The NFA is a bad comparison. While no one except big companies like the 25 year import law, the NFA is a whole other monkey.

Yes, you're right, there's millions of gun loving citizens who'd like to see that law changed, but ANY mention of loosening firearm restrictions especially on NFA items, will draw the major outcry of millions of anti-gunners.

write to donald trump and try to convince him it would be a vote winner to commit to it publicly

that would actually be kind of completely against what he has in mind.

he'd probably rather make it harder for non murrican cars to come in. think about it.

he loves cars but this may not be enough.

>legal age
>us
>wat

The ones legal to import in 2018 are the '93 models. Those are getting rarer every day.
It's already nearly impossible to find '92 Twingos, which was the year when they first went on sale.

>It's already nearly impossible to find '92 Twingos
I doubt they were even sold before early 1993.

I'm sick of overpriced pigfat modern soap bar automobiles

I want a cheap small shitbox

>hundreds of memers will realise it's actually just a slow piece of shit

It would be cool to put a crotch rocket engine into one. I wish I had great skills.

And money, and resources. Lol.

>realise
every fucking owner knew this before they got it.

also,no one idiotic enough to buy it for speed. they buy for the wrenching fun or practicality of the car.

You could get someone in canada to import it, they get stuff earlier

thank you! it just got new breaks this week ! Before....

and the after! Better so :)

slow, yes, in a straight line

but its far from being a piece of shit

it's roomy, great to drive, very practical, easy as fuck to park anywhere, it costs nothing to buy and maintain

i had a lot of fun driving it around on various french backroads last week. pic related, the twingo in broceliande forest

forgot pic

you're a member of the twingo génération club right ? will you be coming to the meet on the 15th of august ? if yes, i'll see you there.

signed, orange twingo fag

What are those calipers from? I'll want a set when I get my twingo in 2 years.

look like they're straight from the photoshop rs turbo type -r

Is the twingo a memecar? I keep seeing them here but with no explanation of what they're good for. They look to me just like the lowest of the econoboxes.

they make excellent cheap trackday cars as they cost very little, have a decent aftermarket, and weigh almost nothing

They're the perfect shitbox.

So they handle well or what? I never would have guessed those would be popular on a track.
I don't imagine it would have much use in the US though since they aren't native here everything would cost more.

Just for the reasons stated above?

its clio RS modify disc to suit on the honhon. Nothing on the market suits well.
do you really expect people doing photoshop for... this ?

and here the RS disc modded before they go on the car.

I've typed this out a few times in the past, so here I go again, I guess.

First off, Twingos are cheap. Like, dirt fucking cheap.
In a lot of European countries, a good one will run you no more than 1k, and then I'm talking about a high-trim, low-mileage, very well maintained example.
Just looking for a running shitter to fix up?
No need to spend over €500.

They're not just cheap to buy, either. Because they made (and sold) so many, and it shares a lot of parts with other Renaults, parts are super easy to come by and usually, again, dirt cheap.
Something broke? No worries, just order the part that broke for spare change and install it when it arrives.
They're really basic and easy to work on, so installing the part in question can be done by literally anyone with a metric socket set and a couple of screwdrivers.

And the low costs don't stop there. They're very light, well under 900kg, and their engine is measly 1.2 liters. This means Geo Metro-tier gas mileage, but because of their chassis and low weight they're still quite fun to drive.

And that chassis is very good, because other than being very fun to drive, it's surprisingly comfy. It manages to have pretty good ride quality while still handling well, especially compared to literally anything else those 500 bucks would get you.

Speaking of comfy, the interior is fucking brilliant. It's super modular, so you can adjust it to any situation.
Need to haul 3 other people? Slide the rear seats all the way back for maximum legroom.
Need to haul a lot of stuff? Slide the rear seats all the way forward or fold them up, or hell, you could just take them out completely for maximum stuff-hauling capacity.
You can even fold all the seats flat and have a double bed, for reasons. I'm sure you can think of some.

Imagine going camping with your qt3.14 gf, in your Twingo, and falling asleep while looking at the stars through the massive moonroof.
Oh, I didn't mention the moonroof yet, did I?
(will continue)

It's a cheap piece of shit with a faggot face. Like a Miata.

Sounds nice. It would be cool if we got them in the US.

It also appears to be rather small in both length and width, which would be nice for city driving.

(continued)
There's 3 different sunroof variants, a conventional glass one, a sliding canvas one and a full-length glass roof.
These were cheap options, so many people bought them, and it's fairly easy to find one (especially the canvas top).
The canvas roof and full-length glass ones are especially brilliant.
The canvas roof pretty much never leaks, and it gives you that open-air feel without reducing structural integrity.
If you live in a colder climate or simply don't care for that open-air feel, there's the full-length glass option. Looks absolutely amazing, and the people in the back can actually enjoy it too.
Also ideal for latenight stargazing when it's cold outside.

And then there is the single most obvious reason ever.
It looks cute.
That's it, it just looks cute. It doesn't need an angry, aggressive front because it's not an angry, aggressive car. It's a shitbox and it knows it's a shitbox, and it's loving every second of it.

It feels like Renault set out to create the perfect shitbox, and I think they did a fantastic job.

Are they reliable?

>fun to drive
have you ever driven one?
even for european standards they have no power. at all.

full throttle to creep out of a parking space. what fun.

barely able to stay at 120kph on the autobahn. so much fun.

unless you think the wobbling piece of shit ride quality or fear of immediate death are fun, I don't see it.

Yes, because they're such basic cars. There's not much to go wrong.

Fucking weeaboos

Even for simple designs a lot can go wrong with shitty build quality, like parts snapping from normal use.

And a lot of modern cars are too complex for most people to understand, yet they still last much longer than most things from the '70s.

Mechanically they're solid, there's tons of them with over 300k kms on the clock.
Their biggest weakness is rust, usually.

mine will do 140 all day, for hundreds of KM. and it's the less powerful one.

also it's very stable at highway speeds, unlike other city cars. you're talking out of your ass

and this is coming from someone who used to own an E38 and a bunch of other luxobarges. i now daily my twingo and i don't see any problem with it

>scion iq

My sister got hers to 180 kmh with me in the passenger seat, stop talking crap you retard

>barely able to stay at 120kph on the autobahn. so much fun.
have you ever driven one?

Kill yourself

Hello twingo! I hope it has a nice day!

>180 kmh
christ that must of been an experience and a half

>full throttle to creep out of a parking space. what fun.
Yeah nah. You have either never driven one, "yours" was ridden down to shit with no maintenance, or you're the usual busrider.

merci

user pls don't ruin my dreams...

there's nothing wrong with competition, and plenty of japanese car companies manufacture cars in the united states anyway

high mileage twingo search just for the shits and giggles:

suchen.mobile.de/fahrzeuge/search.html?isSearchRequest=true&sortOption.sortOrder=DESCENDING&scopeId=C&sortOption.sortBy=specifics.mileage&damageUnrepaired=NO_DAMAGE_UNREPAIRED&maxFirstRegistrationDate=2007-12-31&minMileage=150000&maxMileage=900000&makeModelVariant1.makeId=20700&makeModelVariant1.modelId=38&maxPowerAsArray=KW&minPowerAsArray=KW

>not reaching whopping 179 k/h on your stock Twingo

Actually the metal is pretty good, sturdy and galvanized but it still starts to rust eventually (way slower than most of other cars).

>not reaching whopping 179 k/h on your stock Twingo
youtube.com/watch?v=Lj1W4_tYMM4

Unfortunately a lot of people who sell them don't bother to photo the roof. Do all glass roof ones have that black cover thingy on top?

trust me, you want that thing, it disrupts airflow that would normally turn into the cabin and cause terrible amounts of wind noise.

>the twingo in that video

HIHG

This just had to be done: youtubedoubler.com/ihDb

HOOOON HOOOOOON HOOOOOOON I WANNA STEP ON THE GAS

Speaking of Eurobeat, what's the current status on Speed Boy?

I had my last exam before a break today so I'll probably finish it tomorrow or on Sunday.

Sweet. Looking forward to it.

Oh, is it you who's doing the mixing?

Yup, I'll also finish Dancing since we got one more contributor

>americas not talent.wav
I hehe'd

Oh, cool!

how about some big ol twingo HONkers

Remember that Spanish guy's thread about pulling pussy? I think a Twingo would totally work if with soft/glass roof and some effort to make it look nice. Nice color, no rust, clean, not painted bumpers, good wheels.

>There's 3 different sunroof variants, a conventional glass one, a sliding canvas one and a full-length glass roof.
Wut?
No. There where no 2 different glass roofs. Only one. Electrically operated full length with front half sliding back. If you see a twingo with small glass sunroof it's 100% aftermarket accessory.
You apparently haven't driven one, or was it 55hp 3-gear automatic? which would explain a lot

Almost all in my country are 58 hp, people say it's good because it's a proper 4 cylinder engine (as opposed to 3 cylinders), but how is it compared to 75? 75 is kind of hard to find.

Dunno. I drive 58hp d7f. I only know that not all of d4f 16v are 75hp. Early ones about 2001-2003 are for sure 75hp but later there was also a 16v version with power reduced back to 60hp due to some fiscal reasons.

get me the fucking dagumi version of that pic please jesus ive been looking for it.

there's a dagumi twungi?

Any non-cringeworthy ways to improve the exterior? I can only think about better wheels and a nice color. Not like much more is needed.

I think your example is almost too much, at least for my taste. But you're right. Nice wheels, a nice paintjob, shiny and clean.

Personally I like what the turbotwingo dude did to the car. Also

>dat 1.4t swap

I also really like this color

fart can alert