Nissan has a 1.3 liter 400 BHP inline 4

gizmag.com/nissan-zeod-rc-engine/30611/

>1.3 liters
>400 BHP
The new engine is the other half of a hybrid powerplant for Nissan's Zero Emission On Demand Racing Car (ZEOD RC), which is set to become the first entry to complete a lap of the Circuit de la Sarthe at Le Mans solely under electric power this June.

"The DIG-T R’s base engine is 500 mm tall x 400 mm long x 200 mm wide (19.68 x 15.74 x 7.78 in), but it puts out power like a fire hose at 400 bhp (298 kW) and 380 Nm (280 ft-lb) of torque. Nissan points out though this is small enough to fit inside the luggage guides found at check in, at 40 kg (88 lb), the DIG-T R is too heavy to be considered as a carry-on. That works out to 10 bhp per kilo, which Nissan says is better than the new engines approved for the FIA Formula 1 World Championship this year."

think this will fit in my Honda?
is it not that big of a deal?
am i stupid for being excited?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jxyEtC6G5U4
youtube.com/watch?v=OBbE8qhfVG4
youtube.com/watch?v=xv251lDtGu0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

bmw had a 1000hp 2 liter 30 years ago
nissan still cant compete.

Would you fuck me?

yes. but how do you feel about rebuilding it every thousand km?

>bmw

BMW had a 1500 hp 1.5 liter 30 years ago actually*

>american """""""'""""'"'''" engine"”""""""”"""""""

but is it still in production?

for you.

same way i feel about paying over 10k dollars for a GT-R crate engine

you're doing god's work user.

okay you two.

>am i stupid for being excited?

Well, yes. It's a race engine. Plus the vehicle they put it in lasted around five laps at Le Mans the only time they raced it, two years ago.

>January 30, 2014

I got this from the Nissan facebook page, they just announced it Sunday.
Never followed actual racing other than rallycross/nascar because those are the only ones that come to my city.

They've had that photoshopped pic for a while. Very windy sub 1.5 liters might be a thing in the near future. Ford has a 1 liter ecoboost.

Volvo's newest iteration of their i4 puts out 450bhp, and can do a lot more. They're also pairing it with a hybrid electric drive.
Seems to be all the rage these days.

is three cylinder
I'm waiting on the six cylinder version baka desu senpai

>2.6l 6 cylinder from Nissan making a lot of power.

It's been done.

Also, appropriate for any mention of the travesty that was the ZEOD

but is v and much lighter

that article is over 2 years old. Nissan entered the car in the 2014 LM24 and it lasted about 20min after the race started. Nissan canned the entire Deltawing program soon after.

>50 years old
>7 liters
>10,000 hp
>doesn't sound like a weed eater

Didn't one of the Mercedes engineers liken Nissan's FWD race car attempt to a retarded child?

You're all fucking idiots.

The DeltaWing was powered by a RML engine deprived from a Chevrolet Cruze touring car.

The engine related is a concept and it#s been already confirmed that the engine is not functional the way it is. Find the sources yourself.

Also having small engines with high out put is nothing special in motorsports whatsoever. Nissan said they intend to put this shit into production cars, which, along the fact that it van be carried by a human, is the big news.

FOUR TWENTY SIX!!
youtube.com/watch?v=jxyEtC6G5U4

tfw Chrysler will still always be the underdog

One has superior power figures, torque at all rpm ranges, linear power band, better efficiency
Gurss

Don't forget easy to mass produce and work on yourself with a vast aftermarket.

mad pushrodcuck fanboy detected

both the rotary and the inline 3 have better power-weight ratio, thats all that matters

Autism numbers don't count, ohv will feel more powerful and IS more powerful.

>n-no it doesnt count ;_;!!

lmao

pushrodcucks on suicide watch

>needing forced induction to do any of that
>nonlinear power delivery and lots of lag
>little headroom to make more power out of it
>having your cams on top fucking over your weight distribution

>muh buzzwords

dear diary: today pushrodcucks went full assmad

>two bike engines slapped together
>unreliable
>somehow thinking it can't be done on pushrods

Slap two of these together and you get similar numbers once you port the heads and use a better cam (kind of like what hartley did to his V8 you have there)

Here we go with THIS shit again...

>TURBOCHARGED

Wow big fucking deal OP. Now show me the torque curve you little bench-racing fucc-boi.

>and you get similar numbers

lol no
motus makes less power than a hayabusa inline 4 with over 200cc of extra displacement

These tiny high power engines are fantastic imo.

The world is changing, and if you like cars then it's not mostly positive. These engines allow for enthusiast to say "oh well it's only an 3cly/1.3L" or multiple boost maps let you say "oh well it gets 60mpg" etc.

This way you can keep green big brother off your back and enjoy cars for a while longer.

Like I said, give it the revs and airflow and it'll make the power.

For example.

youtube.com/watch?v=OBbE8qhfVG4

I'm saying, just because someone hasn't done it doesn't mean it cannot be done.

>thinks needing two turbos isn't bad engineering
>thinks the weight of all the turbos and wiring won't easily exceed ohv n/a

plus, the motus v4 is just an LS cut in half, so no, you wont get similar numbers an LS is waaay heavier than a hartley v8

The one we had here at Road Atlanta at the Petit Le Mans got crashed into by a Porsche.

>needing turbos is bad enginnering

friendly reminder pushrodcucks are this stupid

>for example
>posts a custom made racing engine

ok

both the hayabusa inline 4 and the motus are street engines, and both can be modified to make more power, your point is moot

>your example
>not a custom special snowflake racing engine itself

top kek.

If I had to choose between the hartley and a pushrod engine I can buy I'd get an SB2.2

>a hayabusa inline 4 is a special snowflake racing engine

top kek

>your example
>a huyabusa inline 4

looks like more than 4 cylinders to me

seewe are talking about the motus half an LS engine here

It isn't half an LS, it's just based off the design. secondly, like I said. Give it the heads and cam to rev as high as the huyabusa inline 4 and it would make more power.

They're made for two different applications, if both were built for the same shit it would have similar results, pushrod or OHC.

>hurr durr it makes less power

the YZF-R1 makes 200hp/L but I never call the huyabusa a shitty engine.

l2engines

>Give it the heads and cam to rev as high as the huyabusa inline 4 and it would make more power.
it wont, you can CNC port the hayabusa heads and give it a bigger cam aswell

modified hayabusa engines make close to 240hp, and even more with a stroker

>if both were built for the same shit it would have similar results
doubt.jpg

pushrods can't rev you would need extra displacement to make up for the lower rev limit

>YZF-R1 makes 200hp/L
and thats because it has a DOHC valvetrain not lol2valve pushrods

>pushrods can't rev

They can, it takes work but they can do it.

Mechanically speaking, if your cam for our pushrod engine has a larger core (nascar cam cores go into 80mm diameter) you can use a softer arm ratio and larger lift.

If you also do 4 valves per cylinder instead of two like what you usually see with pushrod engines you can rev into 17,000 with the right mods. Not quite 20,000 like DOHC but you can do it because you have less weight for the cam to move overall.

a simple flat lifter, titanium rods (which not even nascar or sprintcup uses and they can rev into 10,500 easily), good heads and 4 valves per cylinder and you can pretty much pull it off.

>thats because it has a DOHC valvetrain not lol2valve pushrods

it's much more than that, it's compression ratio, airflow, revs and valveweight.

Like i said, L2engine, you can pretty much pull off crazy shit with either DOHC and OHV, don't even get me started on desmodromic setups.

Really hate Veeky Forums some days.

>They can, it takes work but they can do it.
>pushrods can rev up to 20k
a small nitro RC pushrod engine maybe

>If you also do 4 valves per cylinder instead of two like what you usually see with pushrod engines you can rev into 17,000 with the right mods
>4 valve pushrod engines revving up to 17k
now this is the biggest bullshit I've read on Veeky Forums, congrats

>you can pretty much pull it off.
no, you can't, you need gears or a belt in DOHC to pull that off because the vibration will destroy your valvetrain, you wont rev a somewhat big sized pushrod engine to 17k or 20k when just a chain can destroy your valvetrain
you are delusional

Like you said, L2 engine

Block dates back to the 60s.

>NEEDING turbos
Everything needs turbos. Some engines just don't get them.

Yeah, your 10000hp "mopar" hemi is not a 50 year old 7 litre, mr shitposter.

It is part of a hybrid drivetrain. the electric motor will have all the torque you could want.

Sexy.

>These tiny high power engines are fantastic imo.

I agree.

>The world is changing

Pls no, the current year can fuck off.

A factory Honda pushrod engine revs to 10K RPM.

Modern pushrod engines can rev insanely high. It's just too bad nobody has done a desmo pushrod yet. Theoretically, on an engine with a short stroke (like most proper racing engines that run high RPM, to reduce piston speeds), you also have a short pushrod, and therefore low inertia. Using light materials, you can get up to extreme RPM. However, I haven't seen a 4 valve head and cam combo that'd flow at 17K. Theoretically, some very good 2 valve heads could do that, they outflow DOHC 4v heads easily anyways.

Played around with the numbers for a while, you need some long headers to pull it off.

Really light lifter mass (including the pushrod and rocker arm) can achieve the RPM easily.

Having 4 valves only really reduces valve weight. With 2 valves you get up to 14,500RPM with no valve toss.

What the user didn't get is that it just hasn't been done, not that it cannot be done and anything that revs past 12,000rpm usually doesn't have a stroke more than 3 inches.

youtube.com/watch?v=xv251lDtGu0

>headers.

I meant runners. My bad.

close to 5 inches is pretty decent for high RPM

I hate Veeky Forums everyday

>A factory Honda pushrod engine revs to 10K RPM.
thats a long way for 17k

>Modern pushrod engines can rev insanely high.
no they don't

>and therefore low inertia
still more inertia than a belt or gear OHC

>I haven't seen a 4 valve head and cam combo that'd flow at 17K.
you are so clueless it hurts
head flow restriction is not dictated by RPM, but by valve lift and vaccum

>they outflow DOHC 4v heads easily anyways.
lol

>dat video

yeah dude it says 12000rpm in the title so i guess it must be true