/owg/ - Overwatch General

>Official Website
playoverwatch.com

>The Oversheet
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QgTenq3s-YesFgb-CPI6yIPpp4K9xot7LhTBo3Tm0Pk/edit#gid=1751764739/

>Wiki
overwatch.gamepedia.com/Overwatch_Wiki

>Convert source mouse sensitivity
jscalc.io/calc/djyxBymfcWCIgD4f

>OP Pastebin
pastebin.com/0HaMLiu7

>Stats and Leaderboards
masteroverwatch.com
overbuff.com/

>Competitive Info
gosugamers.net/overwatch
over.gg/

>Overwatch DPS Sheet
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1D4jOtaosiZoM2VA9IjRRPaiMbTTZtPrD1d8mK23DPa0

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/id/benzosexual/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

tracer

nth for McCree needs a 5m LMB range buff and 5 damage FtH buff

He will then be perfect

nth for tanks doing damage balanced unless you honestly think this an mmo from the early 2000s

Hana Song!

Art with alternate skins, please

Hana Song

Started at rank 48 and now I'm 61, how much higher can I go before forced 50 kicks in?

Wow so you really can't get the gold skins after season 1 and they are "planning a minor nerf" on genji. What do you guys think of that?

>McCree needs a 5m LMB range buff and 5 damage FtH buff
for what reason?

So how much does a one-of-a-kind, undetectable aimbot sell for? I'm a security researcher and do that kind of shit for fun.

I'm pretty much exclusively playing Mcree right now and he is still god tier, he needs no buff.

Genji is fucking stupid so who cares.

sure

Why shes so perfect?

Taimou got his for about $250

Shitty song

steamcommunity.com/id/benzosexual/

>pom who isn't Laura Trott
>perfect

Yeah no.

Well, fuck that. Not worth risking some idiot letting blizz know about my stuff.

how many legendary skins have you found? ive got about 5

>not rating matches

>golden weapons for one season
Why lie

How many have you got that a) you like and b) are for characters you like?

>Get gold everything except healing as D.va
>Block Reinhardt tier damage
>Get bitched at for whiffing an ult to scare people off point.

To think I waited until I had a headset to start doing comp, it's even worse than quickplay. At least quickplayers know they're bad.

Post your comp top 5 winrate
This is probably wrong because Winston's winrate is glitched, I was 5-1 one day, played 2 games of comp with him and won both, and the stat changed to 5-2 instead of 7-1

>start ranked
>decide to group up with a buddy, play some matches, get grouped against semi-premades and lose most, laugh about it because we have fun
>now have a shitty ranking
>get put non-stop into teams with shitters, further decreasing my ranking, despite my hardest carrying
>pharah on the ground
>bastion sitting in plain sight of the enemy spawn
>torb on attack
>respawning in a conga line
WAKE ME UP

Is Winston a virgin?

T. Racer or Mach T?

>9th placement match
>have to keep playing Lucio every time cause nobody fucking supports except Ana instapicker retards
>game pairs me with a rank 33 Ana mainer
>1 Ana ult in 3 rounds of KotH

What a joke Blizzard. What a fucking god damn retarded joke of a game this is.

I want to beat up widowmaker!

tracer is basically addicted to that monkey dick

nope

It only gets worse. Group up now and attempt to save your soul.

Ultraviolet

What does rating matches do?

I don't get the hype for B.va and Junebug D.va, Junker is far better
>that qt hairstyle compared to B.va's hair tumour
>qt goggles
>all that skin showing like it should be

Are servers down?

Genji could USE a minor nerf. Not anything big, but just something to make him less dominating in very high level play.

He's actually completely useless in low level play, pretty balanced in mid-level play, but completely rules the 70s bracket.

I don't have all the answers for the solution, but I think removing one of his three passives would be a good move. His kit is double the size (eight abilities, including m1/q which everyone gets - nine if you consider his 9% higher base movement speed a fourth "passive") of most other heroes so he could stand to lose something.

It forces Blizzard slaves to make the game better.

>went 5 gold medals as Roadhog
>other team calls out their Roadhog for being a shit
I'm not even good at the game yet but feels good

Posh

>Winston - Added alt fire
>Delivering Tesla damage for two consecutive seconds now grants you a single burst charge
>burst charges can be fired at any point to deliver 30 damage to all enemies currently connected to the tesla arc
>you can only have one burst charge at any given time
>burst charge alt fire does not interrupt Winston's regular fire

Yes? No?

JACKPOT

I rate all my losses positively and all my wins negatively to throw Blizzard a curveball

The goggles throw me off

Okay guys, these are some of the possible changes we're looking at for Hero balance, the intention is to keep the competitive scene strong, while also allowing more casual players to feel like they have a good chance at winning.

>McCree
Every time he reloads his gun, one of his bullets is a silver bullet, dealing twice as much damage. The silver bullet's chamber is randomly determined each reload.

>Pharah
Her rockets fire faster but they no longer always shoot straight, having a small angle variation.

>Soldier: 76
Every 12-18 rounds of his rifle firing causes his helix rockets to fire

>Hanzo
Scatter arrow damage increased, bounces four more times

>Mei
Her left click and her ultimate can now freeze allies

>Torbjorn
Sometimes enemies drop armor packs instead of scrap, happens at random, armor pack health is based on the health of the last killed enemy

>D.Va
Her ultimate is a tricky thing to balance, so we decided it shouldn't have a preset timer. Now when activated it either goes off between 0 and 3 seconds, and there's a low chance that it doesn't explode at all, being a 'dud' mech, but causes her to regain her ultimate as soon as she gets into a new mech.

>Winston
Winston's ultimate now causes him to also throw banana peels while he runs around, characters (friend or foe!) who walk on these banana peels are stunned for one second as they fall down.

>Zarya
Zarya now spawns with a random amount of charge, and her charge only decays when she's firing her weapon

>Ana
There's a 10% chance that the last dart in her rifle is either a sleep dart or a stim dart.

>Zenyatta
Orb of Discord now has a chance to instantly kill a target hit by it
To balance this, his Orb of Harmony has a random chance of putting a damage over time effect on an ally instead of healing

Did any of you guys soloq to 65+?

I am 52 now but feel like it's gonna be hell to climb alone. I would rather play on a team I know so bad teammates arent a factor in my rank deopping

Why do all the defense hero except maybe Junkrat suck mega cock?

Lack of mobility

Wait were you looking for a serious answer or just wanted someone to fellate your opinion?

>>Hanzo
>Scatter arrow damage increased, bounces four more times

stopped reading right there

stop posting anytime

I have a simple rating system.

>lose
rating negativ

>lose but i get potg
rating neutral

>win
neutral

>win and i got potg
positiv

Its that easy.

>he isn't getting top 500 rewards

Yeah, its easy you just have to not be shit.

Threadly reminder to add friend on good players on your team so you don't have to solo queue

A 5 meter range buff would put him at 25 like he was supposed to according to the patch notes

Agree with the damage buff so he could kill tracer and genji

>bodying this guy all game
>win round
>he says "fuck you user"
Feels good

I placed at 62 and solo'd up to 72

Because they are very situational, there, take your (You) and fuck off.

Did Blizzard mess with the skill rating spread? I'm getting huge spreads. I might actually get my rank 70 solo Q now.

i was stuck at 60-62 for a while because i kept playing with my shitter friends

then i got fed up and decided to see how i would do if i played solo and climbed quite fast to 70. now i'm 72

I hate junkrat and pharah players

>/owg/
>shitposts, fanart, and balance discussion / suggestions

>blebbit/r/overwatch
>literally nothing but play of the game gifs

I don't understand

Do people actually want to see those all day?

King's Row is broken for me. Am I gonna get banned for this? I'll drop the map with zero penalty to my competitive rank.

>tfw almost there
hnnnnnng

>A small nerf
>Remove one of his crucial passives

lmao.

he got nerfed this patch anyway, McCree will just fth him if he gets stunned.

Tfw quick play and Britney Spears.

>Do people actually want to see those all day?
Is Twitch a viable business model?
Is this the decade that popularized the "Let's Play"?
Is PewDiePie filthy rich?

This nigga knows what's up

The main subreddit of any game, especially any blizzard game, is 90% circle-jerking, 8% patch-notes or announces, and 2% discussion

If you really want to discuss overwatch as a game check out the competitiveoverwatch subreddit, but like all competitive subreddits it's slow as fuck.

He was supposed to be at 22 metres and he is at 22 metres.

Whoops how the fuck
Meant for

Can you carry as a healer? Ive beeb playing zen and lucio averaging 3-4 golds and seem to be making fuck all of a difference

Hey man, maybe one of his other three passives could go, like take away his 9% higher speed which really only belongs on Tracer with her MUCH smaller kit, his ability to double jump so he doesn't move like a retard, or his ability to wallclimb since that was Hanzo's anyway.

Bastion is cute

>lose coin flip attack because our DPS can not kill a single person

His main role has always been flanker and now that McCree is being played more and is more dominant in the meta it might push genju out because now mccree is actually a GOOD anti-flanker

I was at 59% win ratio before Zen buffs. Yes you can carry.

excellent taste, although I only have the inferior rusty version

I think they need to let balance summer until there's more heroes.

It's hard to have heroes balanced so they're situationally good when there's barely enough heroes to have multiple different lineups.

You would literally cripple him if you remove one of the passives for the sole reason of "he seems to have many".

If you want to hit genji, hit his ult or his normal damage. Not the passives because that would rape the hero.

Ok because right bow I can play like shit on a tank or attacker but win more

My highest is tracer, at 69%.
I have zero games played and zero games won.
All I have ever done with her is those last second dash for the point manoeuvres that never work.

Literally making OverWatch into hearthstone

>play healer or tank
>our DPS is trash
>play DPS
>our healer and tank is trash

Healers are vital, and can carry, but they're also the support. If the team isn't doing their job, you won't get as far.
That is why Tanks are often seen as the best carries, or some of the offense characters if played very well, as they can either hold their own, or make sure their team lives long enough to get shit done.

That said, the best carries are actually the people who communicate with their team, because while you do occasionally run into the assholes and idiots, most people do actually think winning is fun, and as long as you don't call them a bunch of dickless wimps, they'll listen to advice on where to go and what to do.

I'm sure this is a meme question by now but how do you actually deal with Genjis?
I'm at rank 76 now and there's just tons and tons of these Genji only players.

I've tried Winston, but all they need is a single counterpick on their team. I hate to admit it but I'm too shit at twitch aim to really do it as Mccree.

why is this game so shit, I've lost like 10 games in a row now.

Post your mains and your rating
>Hog
>Tracer
>Reaper
>Ana

>70

>playing competitive
>everyone around rank 56
>enemy team has a rank 66 tracer
>literally carrying his team all on his own, going through our team like a hot knife through butter
>can barely play for 15 seconds before he shows up and mows us down
Have you ever run into a player that was way above your skill level /owg/?

>get mad cause someone switches to my character for no reason and basically throws the game
>they start "trolling" me by switching to my character every game
>we win 5 games in a row like this

No clue I never play healers.

dva/tracer/pharah.

New skins when

>Mei
>Her left click and her ultimate can now freeze allies

oh ben brode, u so crazy