Monster Hunter General - /mhg/

Co-op edition

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

mhgen.kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Passcode: 7243 / Search
In Generations, Objective: Gathering
In 4U, Target: Fishing

discord.me/mhg

Tags: MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, MHO, MHFU, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

www65.atwiki.jp/mhxtawiki/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

1st for BEST

I want to BE Meowstress!

>tfw just fell in love with Aerial Hammer
Sorry HH and Aerial IG, but I've found the perfect mix

RAJANG
BEST
MONSTER

>putting the tag cancer back

Am a a disgusting casual for using and enjoying Adept LS?

anyone mind helping me kill hyper plesioth

i know its cancer 45-9948-8103-5666

>brachy and marm together and having fun
A-are they dating each other?

I want to cradle Mizu's cock in my arms!

>Kill monster
>Unlock another quest to kill that monster

Literally the point of the game

get in line

Is there a style and/or art that encourages CB to stay in sword mode?

It's so big, though! We can both do it together.
Do you want the shaft or the head? So much bubbly cum!

What's a good path for DB, or should I just stick with petrified and get that blunt skill?

>fighting akantor

i will remain strong and not be seduced by shitposting
i must focus on the game, not think about tama
i must

>glavenus has a cutable tail for his tail carves just like most other monsters
>however you can also just break to get tail drops so impact and ranged weapons can get tails solo too.
Every monster should be like this. It's stupid that almost half the weapons in the game can't get the necessary parts they need on their own while others can.

if im sticking to GL but want to play online, what are some etiquette tips so i dont get kicked :^]

One of every element until you can make the E. dino blast ones

most monsters already had tails dropping from quest rewards since 3U

Will the cum bubbles restore your health, or mayhaps enhance your muscles to help heave the weighty member into your warm embrace?

Its less aggravating in this game, you get most tails as rewards or even as body carves, I was surprised when I carved a tail from Shagaru

MHG unlocked HR turns room! Come hunt some monsters!

18-8506-8772-1248

1 free slot!

What skills should I be going for as elemental lbg?

A bunch of monsters now drop tails on the rewards screen at a reasonable rate. I main HH and never had a problem. Capcom's getting their shit together in this regard.

>people notice a feature and praise it as new when it existed for years in the past games
Why is this so common in MH?

>Finished Village so far
>just reached hr4
>want stonefist armor
>"Eh, how bad can he be? redhelm wasn't so bad"
>soloing
>bounce everywhere with green, except for the body
>triple cart after half over 20 minutes
well ,that was something

A slot is still open if anyone feels like joining

HR6+ - Two slots

22-2093-5214-5029

What feature are you talking about?
And the reason why is because MH tutorials aren't exactly great, so people can easily miss stuff for a long time.

Since Normal shots and Full Bursts were pretty much buffed because of the hunting styles, just stick to a position where there's no one attacking and to your thing. Shells deal neutral + fire, fixed damage so you don't have to stick to weakspots as much.

You could also try to be on a spot where weapons tend to bounce a lot and break them.

If you're using Wide, shell upwards, since you can't abuse full bursts. Or you could try Aerial: you can vault > shell > slam and deal decent enough damage without troubling anyone.

If you're having problems maintaining red heat while doing all of the above, try the dragon breath hunter art, it also boosts your shelling so it isn't a waste or just a crutch. But in my experience with the weapon, I haven't had problems hunting with others as long as I'm mindful of my positioning.

Also, don't go spamming "I'm sorry!" if you knock someone out. It's annoying to have that huge chat box appear everytime you fuck up, and most players expect to be launched at least once with a GL player around, since they don't know your skill level. If you fuck up, just get your shit together and play better.

Maybe Gunlance, bow or gunning is good for that, eh?

people pretend they have played older games and minor details revealing the lie slip through every now and again
they're fucking parasitical

Nobody wants to duo hunt

>HR Mizu

Holy shit, I blink and the fucker's at the other end of the area

Nigga needs to calm the fuck down.

not him but there's people right in these were threads that get excited about waving at ballon every. single. new. game.

tons of other stuff.

buy it a cup of coffee

Uh not really but I you want to minimize Axe mode, you could go Adept and Overcharge, so you're storing as many phials as you can before unleashing a 10 phial burst. This way, you're slicing away in sword mode as much as you can and only using the Axe mode for the burst. You'll also have guard pointing from the charged A double hit, so there's that.

Would pair that up with razor sharp, artillery novice, and focus if you can swing it.

But I'm a LS shitter and sometimes DB
But eh, maybe i should try something new from time to time.
Bow always piqued my interest anyway.

So, I know that Stamina Thief is shit, but is KO King as a Hammer user good, or still a waste?

*teleports behind u*
*bubbles u*
pshht.. nothin personnell.. huntre..

Just fondle his cock. He'll settle down. Maybe even roll over onto his side for you.
That's when you get him.

Hi, /mhg/
Never played Monster hunter, but I have a N3DS XL and really wanna get into it. What title should I start with? I know they're all pretty similar, but I wasn't sure if I should start with Generations or something older.

So I'm looking at the LS tree on Kiranico, and I'm wondering how I can tell which weapons I have to upgrade to and which can be forged outright. I want to have every end of line LS available, but I want to minimize the amount of materials I have to grind for. This new upgrade system makes it seem more complicated. Anyone know how I can find that out?

Stamina Thief is less of a shit in this iteration, since exhaustion overlaps rage and 10% increase can stack up pretty fast.

KO king is still shit tho.

Well fug
I'm aiming for the face so much, so I feel like it's probably not the call

Start with Generations, it has the most active online multiplayer right now.

have fun with that. there are 102 fully upgraded longswords.
Also ping's dex looks better, get that.

Generations, now that it's fresh.
Mh4u after.

>HOLY SHIT THEY SMASHED ZINOGRE AND RATHALOS TOGETHER
>THAT FUCKING THEME
>THIS IS AWESOME
>later
>OH SHIT IT'S TIME TO HUNT HIM
>he dies in five minutes without touching me once
Please tell me he's better in high rank. What a letdown.

MH4U is a better place to start, but the online is dead. Even so, the full solo campaign can last you a long time and if you try to do the online portion alone, you will end up investing hundreds and hundreds of hours into the game.

However, the game is quite hard and has a big learning curve, so you might not get into it. Either way, I advise MH4U even if just for the solo play. After you get used to the game, get Generations. If you do get Generations first, focus mostly on the solo quests, get used to the game and THEN go online. As you can see here on /mhg/, the population is a bit elitist and they might be a bit harsh on you.

It all depends on your money, though.

Aerial destroys him completely, desu. Either way, his low rank version is still quite easy.

I soloed 3g with gunlance and switchaxe, has a fucking blast

Did 4g without ever falling in love with any weapon in particular, GS being ridiculously good and CB way too hard.
In the endgame i found out about hammers and bows, but eh

In the demo i tried a bit of everything, SA felt useless in adept, same for the lances.

Then suddenly i misclicked hbg with aerial
Has the time of my fucking life

I was reluctant of buying the full game, but now i'm on the edge.

Tl;dr is aerial hbg viable?
Can this game be as /fun/ as 3g was
>will i ever regain my monster hunter virginity?

>Aerial destroys the entire game completely, desu

FTFY

>mfw soloing him and Malfestio with adept GL

I'd say forget both and just stack offensive skills. Hammer has chunky MV in its most important attacks, it feels wasted not going for the head (usually the weakspot).

Stamina Thief can be pretty useful in HH tho, since it has more quick attacks and exhaustion per hit is actually higher than Hammer's.

I solo killed HR6 duramboros with a 190raw bow in 19 minutes. Without dash juices. Am I a shitter?

The fucker has so muh health m8.

4U if you have emunand
emulate FU/Tri otherwise
generations is a terrible pickup spot, this game has so many meme mechanics affecting the gameplay that will never come back

Is there a chart or site that has kill time records for monsters in MHG with various weapons/styles?

gl soloing anything with aerial

Damn. I'm on my phone.

How do I get montage tier with the charge blade, /mhg/?

>guard points don't count as an adept guard

What's the point?

The japanese TA wiki: www65.atwiki.jp/mhxtawiki/

Good luck reading moon.

>People still in denial that this is basically a mainline title and prowlers, arts, styles, and monsters are here to stay forever

>tfw no stiggy ziggy in MHGen
>tfw it was my go-to bow armor in MH4U
>made a mixed set with the blademaster helm and the rest gunner
>got exactly the talisman I needed as I completed the set
>had Focus, Evasion, Load Up, and Dragon Atk+1
>nothing even comes close to having such perfect bow skills in MHGen
Please help. I don't want to be a blademaster anymore, but I have no idea what armor I should be making for gunner.

No, aerial destroys half of the entire game. The rest is destroyed by adept.

For example, aerial sucks versus Zinogre imo because dodging his charged claw attack is hard as fuck with that retarded jump.

Either way, I play mostly guild so I don't give a fuck.

Adept guards are faster/easier to get out

anyone been banned for save editing yet

I remember they could detect that shit back on mh3 on the wii, idk about now though

I'd be fine with that.

A X X RA RX A A X A A X R, repeat ad infinium

That's a shame, 4 people is overkill in this game, at least for the regular monsters

>no shot type up
>literally missing the #1 mandatory bow skill
nice set dude

Why doesn't my Steve hammer extend its scales when charged?

The majority of charge blade montages are compilations of one good move per hunt across days/weeks of hunts. Nobody actually consistently pulls that stuff off entire fights and usually just whiffs it with normal guards or gets hit.

>failed charge attack
>roundhouse
>first sword hit
>charge vials
>morph attack
>burst 2
>burst 3
>ult cancel
>failed charge
>failed charge
>block
You missed something

>only bow during multi
>expecting me to not only make a bow of every element but 3 or more full sets for every type of bow charge
Eat shit, tryhard.

>evasion when Adept is the go-to style for bow in most cases
>dragon attack when Teo bow exists
>no normal/rapid up

>solo'd mizu urgent
>gammoth urgent next
>don't want to solo that big bully

time to take a break

Literally solod him in 12 minutes with air bud long sword

>seducing a monster to kill them
>not seducing a monster to hunt alongside you as its mate

>adept
>MH4U
>complaining about getting evasion+1 on a set that also gives you focus and load up

But Gammoth is way easier than Tama, and that's saying something. Just cheese it with Aerial if you're having a bad time.

>that pic

:[

>Monster is down
>About to pull off a fabulous art
>Clip through the mid-execution monster because it won't stop thrashing
>Now behind the monster and attacking thin air

Is GL any good in MHX? What's the best style?

Sorry, I didn't even read.

pre-reqs for tigrex, tigrex burning bright?

i tried aerialing him but i always get hit by his stomps and earth dive attack for some reason

As always, doesn't compare with other weapons in kill times of efficiency, but it's pretty much the most fun it's ever been, IMO. It's more of a technical weapon now, but fun to play with.

Aerial for airborne explosions all day, Adept for a sweet follow-up after a perfect guard.
Guild if you're a puristfag and Striker if you're Wide-fag.

But monsters only hunt to feed themselves, not for sport like hunters.
It would be a boring life.

I love this series way too damn much mang. Truly one of the last great series alive, I hope capcom never fuck this up

Besides LBG and HBG what are some weapons that actually benefit from online or other players? It feels like having the monsters randomly jumping around changing targets is a detriment to almost all blademasters.

Are you attacking him in the face? It's the weakspot, but if you keep vaulting there, it'll wreck your shit. Just vault from wherever else, mount, go for face and attack there until it's up again, then repeat until it's dead. It's kind of a disappointment, really, that he's this cheeseable.

>adept lance
>HR rathalos
>30 min in, still not dead

this fucker refuses to be come close to me or stay near my counter

adept lance is pain

>Call something perfect when its not
>Get called out on it
>Flips out

???

Who thought blocking was acceptable
Evades were enough

Most monsters have their heads as weakpoints, and it's easier to hit the head if the monster is always facing you.
Every weapon is better offline, maybe except hh