Why are European cars so expensive compared to American and Japanese? Don't they have any cars for low/middle class?

Why are European cars so expensive compared to American and Japanese? Don't they have any cars for low/middle class?

no
all of them are luxurious

>shitty hatchbacks and compacts
>luxurious

Because no need to import what you already have.

They have shitty low-tier models/engines/trim levels for shitty low-tier markets.

>fiat
>VW
>entry level 3-series
>entry level C-class
>literally anything French
OP is a faggot

I don't get what ttrying to say

>>fiat
shit
>>VW
"semi-premium" shit
>>entry level 3-series
shit
>>entry level C-class
shit
>>literally anything French
>implying relevant

Dacia, SEAT, Skoda, Opel, Peugeot, Citroen, Fiat, Renault, euro Ford.

>a bunch of complete and utter shitboxes
I almost feel sorry for yuropoors.

what are you talking about?
just get a dacia sandero.

Big reason you never hear of Euro/UK economy brands in US is because they are just rebranded models of the same few vehicles. France probably has the most unique economy vehicles in Europe.

>Big reason you never hear of Euro/UK economy brands in US is because they are just rebranded models of the same few vehicles.
Or maybe because people in the US can actually afford nice things so nobody cares about shitty yuro "economy" brands.

E.G. if Ford rebranded all of Audi vehicles and sold them in US, then people would probably not know about Audi. But since they are above the economy level, they can afford to import.

Japan is a different story, with the whole WWII thing and the innovation of the shitbox, their largest brands may make economy cars but are well known enough to import.

>Skoda
>shitboxes

I'll fucking fight you if you talk like that about my manufacturerfu again bitch. it's a shame Skoda isn't here in the US

VW, Opel/Vauxhall, Skoda, Dacia, FIAT, Peugeot, Renault, Citroen, Rover, entry level Volvo

Tons of cars, but our market is basically only asian and european vehicles, with Ford being the "only" american with a considerable market presence, while the US has all three: US, Asia and European. With that there is no point of trying to sell the cheap shit in the US as the market is quite full, and that the general perception seems to be "European = luxury"

Well that is kind of the same thing, if you're poor you probably don't give a shit about a European brand less you're an enthusiast. But if you have money you don't care about the Euro ecoboxes either and you still don't see the poorer folks driving them.

I think it stems down to WWII. Germans used polished bolts on their tanks while Japanese used the cheapest mass produced planes. If Germany had done the same, they very well may have won the war.

>OP asks what are the poorfag manufacturers
>Replies it's shit and irrelevant

NO SHIT SHERLOCK

>OP: why are Euro cars expensive?

Because we're on a site full of 15 year olds.

Literally all of those badges are cancer. Euro cars have rapidly declined in build quality since the early 2000s and are just a meme now.
>I bought a mercedes, look how much i paid. Arent i a successful person now? Everyone successful has an expensive mercedes like me

This, half the people that "have" cars are thier dad's cars.

VW, Mercedes and BMW all make cheap cars that aren't offered on the US market.

Except that you're not.

No one realizes how many oldfags are here.

Someone posts occasionally in complete sentences? Prolly late 20s at least.

Easily one of the "oldest" boards if you look close.

Yeah, you're 12. Thanks for proving my point.

euro focus/fiesta get smaller engines while the civilized world you have to pay extra for a 3 cylinder engine.

Regardless, the maturity level is rather low. I used to spend lots of time in /w/ and, while there are many a 15 year old there, they are a lot more mature.

Hell, I first started coming to this site in 2007 when I myself was 15, and even /b/ was more mature than Veeky Forums is now.

Underage b&

I don't think anyone in /b/ is an adult. If they are, I am very concerned. The board was made for teens.

>Yuropoor

Yet you moan about our expensive cars you fucking tramp

I should add to this a bit now that I'm not on my phone

You also have to take into consideration who owns the european brands that are producing "economy" cars.

>Skoda
Owned by VAG, does not sell in the US. They produce the Octavia which is a damned good car, but there is no point trying to sell it as VAG already covers their wanted market with their own VW mdodels.
>Volkswagen
Pretty much the same personal vehicles offered (vans, working vehicles and similar not offered), but they are seemingly upper-tier trims with no diesel engines available
>Dacia
Owned by Renault, which again is part of the Renault-Nissan Alliance. Nissan already has a decent economy car market in the US.
>Renault
Same as above
>Citroën
French cars do not have a good name in the US, and it would most likely not be a good venture. Owned by/grouped with Peugeot
>Peugeot
Same reason as above
>Opel
Owned by General Motors. Enough said
>FIAT
Fiat-Chrysler Automobiles is the owner of FIAT. FIAT already sells pretty much all of their passenger cars in the US, but these cars are made to be more stylish and retro rather than being meant to appeal to people looking for small, cheap hatches. Under the Chrysler-"name" you'll find Chrysler, Jeep, Dodge and RAM, all popular and well established in the US already.
>entry level Volvo
Very similar lineup as to what you can get in Europe, although they are not considered cheap cars here anyways. Also seems to only come in expensive trims with large engines, and no diesels.
>Rover
Pffffffffffffffffffffff

Also note; a lot of the brands that are affiliated/partnered/owned by american brands share models with the US.
>Opel Astra
Chevrolet Cruze
>Geo Metro
Suzuki Cultus
>Ford Mondeo
Ford Fusion
>Fiat Freemont
Dodge Journey (note; yes, its an americanc car but badged european, I know)

Its a fucking nest of vipers when you start looking into who owns what and what car is actually another

Some Opels get rebadged as Buicks for the US and China.

Yup

Import/Export currency difference

It's why any fashion distributor that's European is ultra expensive, it really doesn't that cost that much in the country of origin, excluding obvious luxury brands like Gucci.

>Don't they have any cars for low/middle class?
Volkswagen, stupid.

a base model corvette costs more than a Mercedes AMG GT in where I live.