Take car to shop to get part replaced after a semi backs up into me and scrapes the part just before my hood really bad...

>Take car to shop to get part replaced after a semi backs up into me and scrapes the part just before my hood really bad but otherwise leaves the car unscathed
>small family owned shop, everyone super nice and knowledgeable.
>drop car off
>week later pick it up, it looks great, even polished the wheels for me
>get home and see pic related
>this wasn't here before
>have pictures just after the accident showing it wasn't there before i dropped it off
>bring it up
>response is pretty much "Yeah its old that happens, we didn't do it though, we could paint it for you but we'd have to charge you"
>respond back insisting that it wasn't there before and im not sure where it could have come from in the 20 minutes i got it from the shop to my house
>this continues
>guy eventually pulls out his wallet and just gives me 40 dollars while repeating "I'm not a liar, a cheat, or a dick, audios"
>take the money and leave

Do you think I did the right thing Veeky Forums? I feel like an asshole and I really liked that place and wanted to have more work done there, but I can't imagine I'd be very welcome anymore

sorry for blogposting, but the whole thing has me down.

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.com/itm/C4-1991-96-Gloss-Black-Corvette-Front-License-Plate-Cover-Filler-license-plate-/162052849724?hash=item25bb1a403c:g:m4QAAMXQxKxSG20L&vxp=mtr
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

he did it. those are stress cracks.

The shop has garage keepers coverage for this reason. If you do have evidence you could file a claim against him, but Idk how taking money from him would play out.

>thatfaginthecrackedc4
Be a man and learn to hold your ground

he can just buy a black license plate thing on ebay. they can't be all that much

what? dude paid him for what he damaged. how did he not hold his ground?

I got the money didn't I

40 to 70 bucks is what I'm seeing, I had mentioned in the conversation that 40 dollars was the price I was seeing online, which is why he gave me 40.

Come home to realize oem is closer to 70, not really sure I wanted to go aftermarket as I feel like they wouldnt fit well.

>took the money

That was a mistake. Take the $40 back with evidence that it wasn't there before it was in the shop. Make sure he gets that money back before you file a claim.

Are you 100% positive it wasn't there?

Couldn't have replaced the part yourself?

here you go OP, you made $2
ebay.com/itm/C4-1991-96-Gloss-Black-Corvette-Front-License-Plate-Cover-Filler-license-plate-/162052849724?hash=item25bb1a403c:g:m4QAAMXQxKxSG20L&vxp=mtr

>all these people that have never had/seen a C4
that's the fucking front license plate cover. easy to replace for $40

> $40
>covers this damage
No, no you didnt. Shops have insurance for this reason. All you did was save him from having his premium go up

I was hoping he'd just paint it to be honest.

That's the one I was lookin at

see

that's gonna be your best bet. looks like it's in good condition, or you can just live with those cracks.

lol plastic bumpers

And the paint is going to match perfectly? No its not.

Shit happens, OP. That said, a business you trust and does good work, whether it be a body shop, mechanic, muffler shop, whatever is rare. You said they did good work otherwise, they polished your wheels for you and they treated you good. Unless you're 100% sure they did it, I personally wouldn't have burned that bridge over a 70 dollar part. JMO

...why wouldn't it?

>New Gloss BLACK Aftermarket front license plate cover/filler in abs plastic. This is not a factory color.

Is what has me wo rried

oooh i didnt even notice that

THIS

>have pictures just after the accident showing it wasn't there before i dropped it off
Let's see em

Here's one, the lighting isn't ideal but I'll have more in a moment.

This took a small decade, this is the best one i have

wtf
nicholasville KY?
get out of my hood